Sina
Amar
Wilson37
djoe26
Jay29
29 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Aston Villa 0 - 0 Arsenal: Arsenal don't do enough to win the game - Page 2 Empty Re: Aston Villa 0 - 0 Arsenal: Arsenal don't do enough to win the game

Post by Rev Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:02 pm

I already mentioned this in chat, but 7 of 11 players who started for Aston Villa tonight were under the age of 23. :facepalm: Laughing

Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa 0 - 0 Arsenal: Arsenal don't do enough to win the game - Page 2 Empty Re: Aston Villa 0 - 0 Arsenal: Arsenal don't do enough to win the game

Post by Wilson37 Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:03 pm

Lex wrote:Quite a few harsh ratings here. Jenks was solid on the right, won 50-50's, outmuscled Benteke more than once and kept in tune with the rest of the defence. Gibbs bombed forward and looked dangerous while also keeping Agbonlahor quite all game. Arshavin, for all the stick he gets, created the ONE chance we had to actually score and, had it not been for a well timed interception, Gervinho would've tucked it away
Jenks passing and crossing were pretty poor today..
and I am 100% sure Gervinho would have wasted that chance even if it wasnt intercepted... :facepalm:
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:09 pm

i would promote some youth players
during the game i was swearing where are the likes Diaby and Rosicky when we need them
and after every failure AW says we were jaded
use some youth!! for rotation
desperate times No
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:13 pm

Done with the write-up. Decided to talk more about our attacking problems tonight i.e. lack of a real game plan and movement off the ball.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:25 pm

RealGunner wrote:Cazorla was shit tonight so was oxlade and podolski

Ramsey was our best midfielder.
Our wings looked like shit because Ramsey was right behind them at every step. He useless, and everyone of his shots were so off goal it wasn't funny, what game were you watching were Ramsey was our best midfielder?
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:31 pm

Ramsey had a decent game.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:36 pm

Ramsey did have a good game. Can't recall many incidents where he was bad.

Implying that our wingers were poor because of Ramsey is idiotic.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:38 pm

gunnerlistick wrote:Ramsey had a decent game.
its the same Ramsey who we are watching since the beginning of last season.. always taking the difficult routes to make things happen.. i too think he was poor today, just that he managed to get some shots which ended as usual.. sad thing is that i cant find even any signs of improvement in him...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:39 pm

Artilleristen wrote:He useless, and everyone of his shots were so off goal it wasn't funny
The one recorded shot on target was from Ramsey lol
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Chippy Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:40 pm

Defense was good, all 5 of them I thought. Jenks had a slow start.

Apart from that the only person on the pitch who put in a shift was Ramsey. Thought he was head and shoulders better than the rest of them and at least he was trying and did create.

This team has no identity and its not sure whether they are supposed to be counter attacking or possession dominated. Really don't know what has gone wrong from the performances against Citeh, Pool Southampton. Crying or Very sad
Chippy
Chippy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:41 pm

Nishank wrote:
Samuelj29060 wrote:We need January. We need Theo.

Next 5 #AFC Premier League games: Everton (a) Swansea (h) WBA (h) Reading (a) Wigan (a)

You can easily drop points in 4 of those games. Its a tough list.

We should be taking 13 points. We are Arsenal.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:41 pm

Sam already mentioned next few fixtures
looking at names you see many winnable/must win games
looking at space between games
now thats scary
cant afford to take full strength team to Greece
breather for jaded! 1st teamers in CL and COC

Aston Villa 0 - 0 Arsenal: Arsenal don't do enough to win the game - Page 2 Screen88
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:42 pm

mani88 wrote:Any team that press our midfield well will take away points from the game. Same old thing that we don't have other options. We don't have players who can cross with accuracy, we don't have players who can shoot rockets (like that holman guy did) when our passing isn't working. Good that we got atleast a point because it could have been easily none.

I'll have to disagree with you on a couple of points you mentioned, as l feel that at least one of the issues could be easily resolved. Podolski, Giroud and Arteta can all let rip. the biggest problem is Podolski. The fact he's stuck on the wide left hampers his "striking ability" (see Koln goals). However, he does get in on the goals every other game.

Usually our crossing have been good. Credit must go to Villa who shut of our angle quickly; although that doesn't excuse the poor crosses that did come in. Sagna, Jenko, Gibbs, Walcott and Cazorla can all cross.

I just feel that Arsenal lacked imagination today; an alternative attacking ideas
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:43 pm

Stop making him a scapegoat, if the attacking players had been more effective we could have won the game. Oxlade and Poldi were average, barely created anything for Giroud.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:25 pm

Artilleristen wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Cazorla was shit tonight so was oxlade and podolski

Ramsey was our best midfielder.
Our wings looked like shit because Ramsey was right behind them at every step. He useless, and everyone of his shots were so off goal it wasn't funny, what game were you watching were Ramsey was our best midfielder?

Let me guess, Cazorla was better than him and so was arteta for you ? Blaming him for our poor crossing is really silly
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:42 pm

Good games coming up. Must rest some players for Olympiacos and Bradford.

Anyhow, Wenger post-Villa interview http://t.co/t9lLsOlO
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:50 pm

Only just seen this on SKY website. Wenger let rip in the press conference Shocked

Wenger:
"I have managed for 30 years at the top level & I have to convince you I can manage the team? How many games have you managed?"

"I promise you if you manage one day I will sit in the stands and chant 'you know what you are doing!'"

"I read the newspapers in England every day and I can tell you that you are always great managers! Think what you want."

http://t.co/2pO0bSVB
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:52 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Good games coming up. Must rest some players for Olympiacos and Bradford.

Anyhow, Wenger post-Villa interview http://t.co/t9lLsOlO

I'll panic when we lose these games.

I feel bad that Wenger has to stoop to such a low level to hit back at his critics.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:57 pm

Our players being tired must be the worst excuse ever. It's not like we are killing it against everyone else, but were "tired" this one time.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:03 pm

I'm sure none of the fans chanting "you don't know what you're doing" have ever managed a football team before. However, that does not mean they cannot criticise, and Wenger managing for a long time does not make him impervious to that criticism.

He's entitled to hit back. Quite frankly I would be just as irate if I was in his position. However, after the substitution provoked such a reaction from the fans, simply saying "I don't have to explain" is not going to help the situation any.

I don't need 30 years of experience managing a football team to know that removing one of your top scorers for a defensive midfielder when you need a goal is not a logical move.

Also, while I know it's all just words at the end of the day, I am genuinely sick of this comment after every game:

"We lacked a bit of sharpness today in the final third. Physically we were jaded."

When are we not jaded and lacking sharpness? :facepalm:

It's such a frustrating excuse because the solution is so simple, yet we seemingly ignore this solution every time this problem comes up.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:27 pm

When are we not jaded and lacking sharpness?

so true Laughing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:10 pm

Nice result, now we only need to win against Swansea.. :coffee:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:39 pm

Wednesday night next then. Despite sitting 5th, Everton have only won 1 of their last 7 league games.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:44 pm

We seem to be 'jaded' every time we cannot get a result against these mediocre teams according to Wenger. It looks like we can only beat teams when they are a men down. Not going to complain about the result, we are simply not good enough, whats the worse could happen.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:52 pm

AFC Points after 13 league games:

12/13 20pts

11/12 23pts

10/11 26pts

09/10 25pts

08/09 23pts

07/08 33pts

06/07 22pts
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:59 pm

Wenger says Giroud was tired and had to come off. Surely Chamakh should have been on the bench then ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next