Video: FC Barcelona and Catalonia road to independence

4 posters

Go down

Video: FC Barcelona and Catalonia road to independence Empty Video: FC Barcelona and Catalonia road to independence

Post by free_cat Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:39 am

Nice video from the Guardian on catalan independence process and Barça:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/video/2012/nov/22/fc-barcelona-catalonia-independence-video?fb=optOut

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Video: FC Barcelona and Catalonia road to independence Empty Re: Video: FC Barcelona and Catalonia road to independence

Post by The Franchise Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:47 am

Free, I believe you are okay with the role Barca has to play in this movement, in this process. As in the video, my understanding is that Barca as a club must and is being very delicate about it and not taking some kind of leading role.

I think I read you say your fine with that, bu what about everyone else? Is the general feeling the same? Are there people who feel or think Barca should have a bigger or more decisive role to play?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Video: FC Barcelona and Catalonia road to independence Empty Re: Video: FC Barcelona and Catalonia road to independence

Post by jibers Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Watched this yesterday. Its funny how all the Catalans want seperation but all branches of Spainairds ( basque etc) Ihave come in contact with say that Catalans will neevr be able to leave. The Atletico coach I spoke about (in general sec) was against Catalans breaking away and he said Catalonia never existed and was called Arragon or something like that before becoming part of Spain. And he complained how when he went to a place in Catalonia only spoke Catalan and it pissed him off because they were part of Spain and they had an obligation to speak Spanish Laughing

jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:56 pm

jibers wrote:Watched this yesterday. Its funny how all the Catalans want seperation but all branches of Spainairds ( basque etc) Ihave come in contact with say that Catalans will neevr be able to leave. The Atletico coach I spoke about (in general sec) was against Catalans breaking away and he said Catalonia never existed and was called Arragon or something like that before becoming part of Spain. And he complained how when he went to a place in Catalonia only spoke Catalan and it pissed him off because they were part of Spain and they had an obligation to speak Spanish Laughing

Legally we can't break away, but it's a democratic right, and we will.

The atletico coach you met is obviously a knob and a spanish nationalist. Catalans don't have any obligation to speak in spanish, that would be discrimination like in Franco's time. We have the obligation to know the language (taught in school) but obviously can talk in any language we want to.

The Franchise wrote:Free, I believe you are okay with the role Barca has to play in this movement, in this process. As in the video, my understanding is that Barca as a club must and is being very delicate about it and not taking some kind of leading role.

I think I read you say your fine with that, bu what about everyone else? Is the general feeling the same? Are there people who feel or think Barca should have a bigger or more decisive role to play?

I'm fine with how the Club is behaving. At the begining of the process, at the end of august, Rosell and co were trying to avoid any positioning. However, Rosell finally atended the 9-11 demonstration and since then they've been behaving very well, not leading the process, but stating support to anything the catalans choose and facilitating Camp Nou as a speaker to the claims with the mosaic vs. Madrid for instances.

Wouldn't mind an even more active role from Barça, but I understand that not every Barça fan is an independentist and that we also have a lot of spanish fans, so it's understandable if they don't do it.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:53 am

90.000 voices sign for independence at Camp Nou.
News and video in the link below:

http://www.vilaweb.cat/noticia/4130591/20130630/90000-voices-for-independence-at-barcelonas-camp-concert.html
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:32 am

Wow, that's amazing Free_Cat!
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum