Kick's Calmed Down now, Time for his 2 cents.

+3
lszanto
Shed
Kick
7 posters

Go down

Kick's Calmed Down now, Time for his 2 cents. Empty Kick's Calmed Down now, Time for his 2 cents.

Post by Kick Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:15 am

I thought I would start off by welcoming Rafa to the Bridge, he may be here a while so, Welcome Rafa, I hope you enjoy your stay here. Note, this is not a pleasant welcome, this is a welcome to a person you dislike but are forced to be pleasant with as you will be spending time together.

I would also like to weigh in on what I think needs to happen for us to be successful this year and for Benitez to keep his job.
  1. John Terry must become the teams inspirer and the man manager, Benitez is well known to be a great tactician and a poor man manager, if this is true, JT needs to step up. RDM was a fantastic man manager and always got the best out of the team because of that. You all Saw John and Juan's reaction to his sacking, they both loved the guy and I imagine all of the team did too. Unless Rafa can get that kind of love from the players, we won't play well unless someone else does. I believe John Terry is that man.
  2. Rafa needs to improve our defence and get our strikers scoring. As he is a great tactician I believe he can do both of these things, given enough time. However, he doesn't have the time RDM did so he will have to work fast so we do not fall behind. I would also like to see more rotation from him than what RDM did. The match against West Brom was lost because our second team had very little game time and were unsure of how to play together. If Benitez can do both these things he will have a sucessful time here. I feel he will most likely opt with Cahill-Terry in defence which I believe for the moment, is our best partnership.
  3. Rafa needs to sort out the striking situation Soon. If he does not, he will get the boot too. While I and every other Chelsea fan would love for Rafa to get the sack, do we really want to go through another manager situation? and Aside from Pep and Jose, who I very much doubt either will join us anytime soon, who is there that is a better manager than Rafa or RDM, short from a lucky hiring I doubt we could get a better manager.
  4. Rafa needs to set his goals and forget about trying to win everything, even if it means losing the COC and maybe the CL in exchange for Winning the FA cup and contending for the EPL. If he tries to win everything, I can see it going wrong and our season falling a part.
  5. He must not distrupt the Mazarcar combination, it is working. He can tweek it slightly but too much will ruin the best thing about our season so far. If he does, I will hate him more.
  6. It will take some time to get use to him in charge and while I will never fully accept it, if he does well I believe he will be forgiven, at least, by me. He just has to remember that this is our club and until he proves his worth, he will not be liked.

And Lastly, don't believe the bollocks which is being posted in the General section, it's not true. I doubt we will know the truth for a while, if at all.

All that said and done, let's go thrash City and get our season back on track!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Kick's Calmed Down now, Time for his 2 cents. Empty Re: Kick's Calmed Down now, Time for his 2 cents.

Post by Shed Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:37 am

He will never be loved. He will never be liked. He will be tolerated, and just barely, at that. Judging from what I'm reading, it seems those going to the City game will be putting on vocal protests before and during the match on Sunday. That should let this clown know straightaway exactly how we intend to feel about the decision to bring him in for the next 7 months. And if he thinks winning the shitty League Cup is gonna change that, he can think again.

That said, as he is Chelsea's manager, his success is our success, at least for the next half a year. I'd hope HE does well, simply and only because it will mean WE do well, but he's out at the end of the season, no questions asked and regardless of what happens between now and then. Indeed, even if he somehow manages to win the treble, I'd still be satisfied with nothing less than seeing him relieved of his duties not a second longer than after the final whistle is sounded on the last day of the season. By that point, Abramovich and his cronies on the board will have had almost 7 months to identify, vet and compile a small selection of candidates to take possession of the poisoned chalice as soon into the summer as possible. As it is, this next one better be THE one. This cannot go on any longer.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Kick's Calmed Down now, Time for his 2 cents. Empty Re: Kick's Calmed Down now, Time for his 2 cents.

Post by Kick Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:57 am

I disagree to some extent, If he wins the Treble he should be kept. If he wins anything of note (FA cup, EPL, CL) he should be kept because I doubt anyone could do a better job than that.

If we want a manager who will be there for the long haul and it turns out to be Rafa then I believe overtime we will forgive and forget.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:07 am

Kick wrote:I disagree to some extent, If he wins the Treble he should be kept. If he wins anything of note (FA cup, EPL, CL) he should be kept because I doubt anyone could do a better job than that.

If we want a manager who will be there for the long haul and it turns out to be Rafa then I believe overtime we will forgive and forget.
But the very direction the club is going in is the opposite of what Rafa brings. Rafa is not the guy who's going to bring you Barcelona-esque football, which is what Roman seems to be hell-bent on getting, and has already spent 9 figures to start bringing in the kind of players to make it a reality. Just because Benitez comes in and maybe wins a trophy or two using HIS style with THIS team doesn't mean he's right guy to rebuild it and restructure its system and style long-term.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:10 am

If people protest it shouldn't be directly against him, more so against Roman/the board. It's fairly clear that 99.9% of all fans were happy with RDM and him being a club legend helped cement taht further. Then to go and fire him for a hated manager just adds insult to injury.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:44 am

Maybe Roman will try to buy Gerrard now to make Torres score... :brickwall:
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:15 am

Gerrard - Mikel in CM :bow:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:24 am

No.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:52 am

Why exactly do you lot hate him so much?what did he do? Edit:nevermind, I found out
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:20 am

Ganso wrote:Why exactly do you lot hate him so much?what did he do?
What did he do? What did he do?!?!?! Where to begin?! Years of comments trashing the club and its fans; essentially calling our support hollow, saying we "have no passion", mocking us; various comments trashing club icons like Lamps, calling Didier a cheat, etc.
That, and the fact that he's a garbage manager, and an absolute slug of a human being.

And if anyone expects this sentiment to die down, think again. He's absolutely nothing to us. He's a stopgap, a seatwarmer, a placeholder, a layover. If you want to see just how passionately Chelsea fans feel about this, watch the game on Sunday. #rafaout
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:00 am

When u say that, I think i'll watch that game just to see how the fans treat Rafa Very Happy
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:06 am

I'll be working so I will miss the game D:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:15 am

Kick wrote:I'll be working so I will miss the game D:

Same Sad
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:17 am

lszanto wrote:

Same Sad

I thought it was tonight untill I found out yesterday D:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:18 am

Kick wrote:
lszanto wrote:

Same Sad

I thought it was tonight untill I found out yesterday D:

Yeah I have a text file on my desktop that shows all the upcoming matches, I always get confused between Saturday night/Sunday mornings.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:22 am

ha, I just check the Chelsea website.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:29 am

This is so much sexier though:
Kick's Calmed Down now, Time for his 2 cents. CqDHBl

Check the bottom right :bow:

Last edited by lszanto on Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:31 am

nice nice.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:31 am

Cool desktop Very Happy

All this time I thought the first letter in your username was an 'I' and not an L
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:37 am

Soul wrote:Cool desktop Very Happy

All this time I thought the first letter in your username was an 'I' and not an L

Cheers, most people tend to think that Razz
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:42 pm

I knew the truth :bow:

(after lszanto told me)
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:50 pm

lszanto wrote:This is so much sexier though:

Hahaha. Learn ironing? As in ironing clothes? You don't know how to do that yet? Laughing

I was an ironing savant when I was a mere lad :coffee:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:11 pm

Maybe his hair? Very Happy
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:52 am

ShedEnd1905 wrote:
lszanto wrote:This is so much sexier though:

Hahaha. Learn ironing? As in ironing clothes? You don't know how to do that yet? Laughing

I was an ironing savant when I was a mere lad :coffee:

That was just to show my mum I could add things to the todo list, can iron if I need to but would usually just get it done when the other stuff gets ironed.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down