Do football matches sometimes get boring towards the end when your team is winning?

+11
zarola
McAgger
Tomwin Lannister
RealGunner
LeSwagg James
VivaStPauli
VendettaRed07
Kamikaze692
rwo power
Zealous
Onyx
15 posters

Go down

Do football matches sometimes get boring towards the end when your team is winning? Empty Do football matches sometimes get boring towards the end when your team is winning?

Post by Onyx Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:08 pm

Do football matches sometimes get boring towards the end when your team is winning?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Do football matches sometimes get boring towards the end when your team is winning? Empty Re: Do football matches sometimes get boring towards the end when your team is winning?

Post by Zealous Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:11 pm

The spartak game was boring for you eh?
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Do football matches sometimes get boring towards the end when your team is winning? Empty Re: Do football matches sometimes get boring towards the end when your team is winning?

Post by rwo power Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:14 pm

Not really. These ijits from RWO more often than not manage to give away victories and let the opponents win via goals in the last minutes or even injury time :facepalm:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:16 pm

Not if u are a pathetico madrid fan - they can turn 4-0 advantage to a 4-3 in the blink of an eye
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:50 pm

Well, it depends. Blow out wins are generally boring no matter who you support. If your team is winning 2-1 it isn't boring because the other team can come back any second.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:39 pm

All teams I support have a tendency to give it away in the dying minutes, so no.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:51 pm

What? Never for me, I'm always hoping Madrid score more goals and stretch whatever lead they have
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:55 pm

Not really, i expect more goals Very Happy

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:58 pm

Nope, much less edgey but I love after 75minutes of pure tension when I can just sit back and relax whilst watching my boys do the work :bow:

I don't care how wrong that sounds. Ma Boys and their work :bow:
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:01 pm

It's never boring. I always want more goals. Once my teams get a 4+ goal advantage I want players to start padding stats.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:25 pm

Yeh you'd want more goals from your team, however when your team's winning, they might bit a bit more passive/relaxed since they're winning.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:42 am

it's usually a rare occurrence and a time to see youngsters flourish so I tend not to get bored.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:53 am

It's maybe less engaging when your team wins big, yeah, but I am still glued to the TV to see who will score next. If anything, I get selfish/bloodthirsty Twisted Evil
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:58 am

If it's a Barca game where there is no way back, I can still enjoy the goals.

Once it's apparent we're going to win (by a big margin) then I like to look at the game less holistically and look more at specific players and what they are doing, why they're being successful etc, I'll start watching Xavi and Iniesta's movement off the ball more closely, for example.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:25 am

CBarca wrote:If it's a Barca game where there is no way back, I can still enjoy the goals.

Once it's apparent we're going to win (by a big margin) then I like to look at the game less holistically and look more at specific players and what they are doing, why they're being successful etc, I'll start watching Xavi and Iniesta's movement off the ball more closely, for example.

Same here. Once we are comfortable in the lead, I have a closer look at the players and how they are doing well. Xavi, Iniesta, Busquests are all examples.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by MOJC Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:43 am

After the 4-4 gmem against Newcastle in 2011 i never get bored when we are wining. Laughing
MOJC
MOJC
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum