+2
Die Borussen
FalcaoPunch
6 posters

Go down

Freekicks Empty Freekicks

Post by FalcaoPunch Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:59 am

So yeah.
We are all aware Ronaldo is our free kick taker. But the guy has been slacking on then for a long time now.

And now of course when he nails them they are gorgeous. And with Alonso, Ozil, and now even Ramos should he be number 1 kicker or should other also take some?

I'm in favor of anyone other than Ronaldo taking one for now. He's terrible at them atm
And worst case the other 3 will do worse and he'll be the number 1 choice
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Freekicks Empty Re: Freekicks

Post by Die Borussen Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:02 am

long free kicks -alonso (definitely not cr)- curve ball or something for a header

nearby center free kicks - cristiano - his confidence will drop if they exlude him entirely from the free kick takers

free kicks that require a left foot - ozil

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:26 am

I always fancied Marcelo to take a few free kicks at some point of time, as he has always had a Sweet Shot on him- whether Right or Left footed. Im disappointed that he hasnt attempted any as yet, atleast none that i know of.

My personal view is to give complete freedom to Senor Alonso coz he can score or deliver a cross from anywhere on the pitch.
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:58 am

Very Long freekicks mostly for headers: Alonso
Long freekicks that require power shot: Ronaldo
Medium/Near freekicks that require right foot: Ramos
Medium/Near freekicks that require left foot: Ozil

Happy!

but no way that would happen with CR still there.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:18 am

He gets all the free kicks because they are rhythm opportunities which allow him to avoid droughts, because theoretically his form is more important than that of the rest of the teams'.

I might not agree with that but it has been done for many of the best players on other teams.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:21 pm

Well it makes sense.
But he's not nailing many freekicks at all.

Literally against Dortmund I was praying Ronaldo not take the last free kick
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:23 pm

He already lets Ozil take FK if they are on the GK's left, plus Alonso delivers the crosses. What exactly do you want then?

Against Levante he could have scored one but Pepe got in the way lol.

Cris averages 6/7 free kick goals with club and country a season. Last season was his worst in terms of output (4 I think) if he doesn't bounce back then we can talk about it, but I really don't think anyone on the team can average more than 7 a season so really this isn't an issue.

Ramos's freekick while great was closer to being a fluke than something he'll do consistently so let's not even go there lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:46 pm

He practices them Zeal, not as extensively as the attackers but as I said he's 2nd in line for Spain and he didn't just magically get that privilege.

But as I said it's commonly done for the best players on teams, or at the very least for primary goalscorers. I don't have a problem with it as long as people take that into account when comparing individuals (on the same team) statistically as well as form wise.

Some are put in better positions to put up stats and succeed than others basically, nothing is wrong with that but it exists.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:48 pm

Zealous wrote:He already lets Ozil take FK if they are on the GK's left, plus Alonso delivers the crosses. What exactly do you want then?

Against Levante he could have scored one but Pepe got in the way lol.

Cris averages 6/7 free kick goals with club and country a season. Last season was his worst in terms of output (4 I think) if he doesn't bounce back then we can talk about it, but I really don't think anyone on the team can average more than 7 a season so really this isn't an issue.

Ramos's freekick while great was closer to being a fluke than something he'll do consistently so let's not even go there lol

I don't see nor would I want Ramos taking them. I understand Alonso taking the longer ones for crosses but near the box has to be Ronaldo?

I don't mind him taking them but in a match of 90 minutes if he has taken 5 that have either hit the wall or gone up for a "field goal" it doesn't make sense to keep allowing him to do so.

He lines up, does his pose, breathes out, misses, then bites his lip and looks up. There are only so many times one can witness this and wonder why Mou still allows him to do so.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:56 am

SERGIO RAMOS :bow:
NEW FERNANDO HIERRO :bow:
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692