BarrileteCosmico
ChollaVille
Khaled
BarcaKizz
messixaviesta
9 posters

Go down

Pick Your Best Formation And Starting Lineup for Spain

Off Topic : Pick Your Best Formation And Starting Lineup for Spain Vote_lcap40%Off Topic : Pick Your Best Formation And Starting Lineup for Spain Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 6 ]
Off Topic : Pick Your Best Formation And Starting Lineup for Spain Vote_lcap0%Off Topic : Pick Your Best Formation And Starting Lineup for Spain Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Off Topic : Pick Your Best Formation And Starting Lineup for Spain Vote_lcap40%Off Topic : Pick Your Best Formation And Starting Lineup for Spain Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 6 ]
Off Topic : Pick Your Best Formation And Starting Lineup for Spain Vote_lcap20%Off Topic : Pick Your Best Formation And Starting Lineup for Spain Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 15

Off Topic : Pick Your Best Formation And Starting Lineup for Spain Empty Off Topic : Pick Your Best Formation And Starting Lineup for Spain

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:15 pm

Considering that many of us believe that the way the present Spain side plays does not do justice to the immense amount of talent that is there in that squad and that they should ideally be playing more expressively and fluently even though they have won everything that is important and are still the number one national team in the world, what are your suggestions about their best possible formation and starting lineup.

There is a poll below in which I have listed three formations and starting lineups that came to my mind. If you like one of them please vote for that. If you don't like any of them please vote for the fourth option and then explain your favorite formation and starting lineup with detailed comments.

[ Casillas; Capdevila, Puyol, Pique, S.Ramos ] is common to all my three formations but is not being re-written.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Off Topic : Pick Your Best Formation And Starting Lineup for Spain Empty Re: Off Topic : Pick Your Best Formation And Starting Lineup for Spain

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:34 pm

I certainly believe Spain could do with a makeover.

The main thing for me is, Spain should go with the 3 man midfield of Barcelona: Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta. From there, it doesn't really bother me who starts up front. Whoever is playing best of Villa, Pedro, Llorente and Silva.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Off Topic : Pick Your Best Formation And Starting Lineup for Spain Empty Re: Off Topic : Pick Your Best Formation And Starting Lineup for Spain

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:31 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:I certainly believe Spain could do with a makeover.

The main thing for me is, Spain should go with the 3 man midfield of Barcelona: Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta. From there, it doesn't really bother me who starts up front. Whoever is playing best of Villa, Pedro, Llorente and Silva.

Thanks for the reply kizz. I think the biggest benefit of this system is that we get Xaviesta at it's best. I have discussed this matter with mole and dani. mole also said this is the best system. dani and I however felt that while Barcelona-esque and great to watch, it was the least defensively secure of the three. Hence we went for another one.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:34 pm

THIS!!

IMO,Best lineup:

Casillas

Ramos - Pique - Puyol - Arbeloa

Xavi - Busq - Iniesta

Silva - Villa - Pedro

U have Cesc to rest/rotate with Xaviniesta!

Alonso when u want to play more physical in midfield/ protect a lead etc..

Mata/Navas can rotate with Silva & Pedro..

Llorente/Torres/Negredocan rotate with Villa OR.. Villa can play on LW while one of the above 3 as a CF!

MOST IMPORTANT imo: a midfield of xaviniesta & busq!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:46 pm

Casillas

Ramos - Pique - Puyol - Arbeloa

Xavi - Busq - Iniesta

Silva - Villa - Pedro

`B team:

Valdes

Iraola - Marchena - Albiol - Capdevila

Alonso - Martinez - Cesc

Navas - Torres - Mata

`C Team:

Reina

Montoya - Botia - Dominiguez - Didac

Thiago - Borja(?) - Cazorla

Jeffren? - Negredo - Muniain

`D Team "U-21"

De Gea

Azpilicuaita? - Bartra - Muniesa - ?

Sergi Roberto - Romeu - Herrera/Canales

Kiko - Rodrego - Pacheco

more great talents coming from U-19 etc...

what do think Smile i missed some names! :S these are the players that came to mind first!

EDIT: i forgot Soldado, Parejo, Capel, Bruno Soriano. Monreal, Joaquin, Reyes, arteta, Merida etc.. :O
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:58 pm

Khaled... youa re going to die becouse of.............................. L L O R E N T E!!!!
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:49 pm

ChollaVille wrote:Khaled... youa re going to die becouse of.............................. L L O R E N T E!!!!

haha:) i really didn't mean to miss him!!
but it seems that this is becuz i don't like this guy.. he reminds me of Ibra:P don't know why!!!!

Last edited by Khaledbarca on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:07 pm

The closer they can emulate Barca, the better. 4-3-3.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:28 am

messixaviesta wrote:

Thanks for the reply kizz. I think the biggest benefit of this system is that we get Xaviesta at it's best. I have discussed this matter with mole and dani. mole also said this is the best system. dani and I however felt that while Barcelona-esque and great to watch, it was the least defensively secure of the three. Hence we went for another one.

Yes, maybe slightly, but its not defensively weak at all... Especially if you were to have Pedro and Villa on the wings because they work very hard. In my opinion the small sacrifice in defence is completely outweighed by the better possession and attack the team will get by dropping Alonso and playing 4-3-3.

I'm not emotionally attached to Spain, I just like watching them play, so I just want them to play attacking football. They've declined more and more since Euro 2008, they should have won WC more easily and they've not been perfect since then either.

@ Khaled: Forget making C teams etc mate... there's no such things and you're kind of way off if you're trying to pick the third best in each position. Montoya is a good youth, not the 3rd best Spanish right back going. There are plenty more examples.

However as for your A and B teams. Agree generally except Capdevila is still a great player to have, especially if the team they're playing isn't that great in attack. He's getting old, but he's still one of the best fullbacks on the ball in the world. If its not him, then Enrique, Arbeloa's a bit boring for Spain's style. Considering I think Spain should look to the future, I'll go with these:

A:
Casillas
Ramos - Pique - Puyol - Enrique
Xavi - Busquets
Pedro - Iniesta - Silva
Villa

B:
Valdes
Iraola - Ramos - Albiol - Capdevila
Alonso - J. Martinez/ Bruno
Navas - Fabregas - Mata
Llorente
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:59 pm

kizz, interesting thoughts. The best formation seems debatable and even I am not completely convinced about the one I voted for. Mainly went for greater midfield control. That's why I thought this is a nice topic to collect multiple opinions on.

Once more saying what I have said before. I don't blame the decline of attacking play after Euro 2008. Senna not being there made a big difference and Busquets was not quite ready at WC 2010. I think what Del Bosque did was what was needed. However now with Busquets having matured and toughened a lot more I too would prefer that the team uses only one DM.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:47 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:

Yes, maybe slightly, but its not defensively weak at all... Especially if you were to have Pedro and Villa on the wings because they work very hard. In my opinion the small sacrifice in defence is completely outweighed by the better possession and attack the team will get by dropping Alonso and playing 4-3-3.

I'm not emotionally attached to Spain, I just like watching them play, so I just want them to play attacking football. They've declined more and more since Euro 2008, they should have won WC more easily and they've not been perfect since then either.

@ Khaled: Forget making C teams etc mate... there's no such things and you're kind of way off if you're trying to pick the third best in each position. Montoya is a good youth, not the 3rd best Spanish right back going. There are plenty more examples.

However as for your A and B teams. Agree generally except Capdevila is still a great player to have, especially if the team they're playing isn't that great in attack. He's getting old, but he's still one of the best fullbacks on the ball in the world. If its not him, then Enrique, Arbeloa's a bit boring for Spain's style. Considering I think Spain should look to the future, I'll go with these:

A:
Casillas
Ramos - Pique - Puyol - Enrique
Xavi - Busquets
Pedro - Iniesta - Silva
Villa

B:
Valdes
Iraola - Ramos - Albiol - Capdevila
Alonso - J. Martinez/ Bruno
Navas - Fabregas - Mata
Llorente

I have high expectations on Montoya.. soo:)

I forgot Enrique.. he desreves to be in team A slaso!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:45 pm

- - - - Iniesta Villa Pedro
- - - - Fabregas Busi Xavi
Capdevila Puyol Pique Ramos
- - - - - - - - Casillas
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Faviesta Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:00 am

--------------Casillas-----------------
----------Puyol------Pique------------
-Ramos----------------------Arbeloa--
--------------Busquets----------------
------Iniesta------------Xavi----------
--------------Fabregas----------------
---Pedro--------------------Villa-------

Faviesta
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:46 am

Faviesta, lol, I like that.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:54 am

I would love to see the Spanish use the 4-3-3 tactic though Alonso should be in there instead of Busi.
Casillas
Ramos-Pique-Puyol-Arbeloa
Alonso/Busi
Xavi/Fabregas Inestia

Silva Villa Pedro

I also like the idea of subing Alonso in for a defensive purpose to protect the lead. Spain look to get Pep Guardiola apparently. It has been confirmed that Vel Bosque reckons Pep will be the successor of the coach.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:13 am

My favourite Spain 11:

Reina
Arebeloa - Marchena - Albiol - Capdvila
Valero - Pufo Alonso - Cazorla
Silva - Raul - Torres

Nothing would stop that team.

eco smile
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:20 am

free_cat wrote:My favourite Spain 11:

Reina
Arebeloa - Marchena - Albiol - Capdvila
Valero - Pufo Alonso - Cazorla
Silva - Raul - Torres

Nothing would stop that team.

eco smile

Capdevila is Catalan though...
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:21 am

But he is clearly past it... go Spain pick my 11! Very Happy
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:12 pm

paxtonpale wrote:I would love to see the Spanish use the 4-3-3 tactic though Alonso should be in there instead of Busi.
Casillas
Ramos-Pique-Puyol-Arbeloa
Alonso/Busi
Xavi/Fabregas Inestia

Silva Villa Pedro

I also like the idea of subing Alonso in for a defensive purpose to protect the lead. Spain look to get Pep Guardiola apparently. It has been confirmed that Vel Bosque reckons Pep will be the successor of the coach.

I think the problem here is that no one knows how good alonso would be as the lone DM, seeing as he has never been the only DM for his team(don't know about real sociedad, though). For liverpool he had mascherano to help him and now at real madrid he has khedira/lass..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:33 pm

100 days until Euro 2012!!

~ My Lineups:

Casillas
Ramos - Pique - Puyol - Alba
Xavi - Busquets - Iniesta
Silva - Villa - Mata

OR
Cesc false 9, Villa LW, Mata Bench.

OR

4-5-1 || Villa on front of the [Midfield]: Silva - Xavi - Busquets - Cesc - Iniesta.
=================

`Squad:

GK: Casillas - Valdes - Reina
DF: Pique - Puyol - Ramos- Javi Martinez - Alba - Arbeloa
MF: Xavi -Iniesta - Busquets - Alonso - Cesc - Thiago - Cazorla
ATT: Villa - Silva - Mata - Llorente - Pedro

+2 Players:
- Forward [1]: Torres or Soldado
- CB [1]: Dominguez, Albiol, Botia ?
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:45 am

Del Bosque's list for the friendly against Venezuela on Wednesday 29 Feb:

~ Goal-Keepers: Casillas, Victor Valdes Reina.

~ Defenders: Arbeloa, Sergio Ramos, Puyol, Pique, Javi Martinez, Jordi Alba, Iraola.

~ Midfielders: Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Cesc, Xabi Alonso, David Silva, Cazorla, Navas, Mata, Thiago.

~ Forwards: Muniain, Soldado, Llorente, Negredo.
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:58 am

Cuenca, as well as B players Montoya and Tello, has been called up for the ESP Olympic team friendly against EGY on Tuesday. #london2012
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down