lszanto
Kick
fatman123
Blue
Shed
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

League Cup 4th Round - Chelsea vs Manchester United Empty League Cup 4th Round - Chelsea vs Manchester United

Post by Shed Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:38 pm

League Cup 4th Round - Chelsea vs Manchester United Tumblr_mcpzvjLYWd1ruhh4yo1_1280

League Cup 4th Round - Chelsea vs Manchester United Tumblr_mas3t90Lhx1ruhh4yo1_400

League Cup 4th Round - Chelsea vs Manchester United Tumblr_mas3tilVDV1ruhh4yo1_400

Wednesday evening, Chelsea face off against ManWebbster United for the second consecutive match, this time in the 4th round of the League Cup.

Chelsea go into this match having had their unbeaten League record stolen from them as the referees robbed them of points after sending off 2 players and allowing an offside winner in United's favour in the previous fixture.

Chelsea will be without Branislav Ivanovic and Fernandont Scorres after both were shown red in Sunday's league match, and John Terry will also be unavailable for this, the 3rd of his 4 match ban. Frank Lampard remains sidelined with injury sustained in Donetsk last week, and Ashley Cole also misses out due to a swollen ankle. Noteworthy inclusions in the squad for the match are youngsters Nathan Ake and George Saville.

As for United, Sir Alex will be unable to pick the same side he did on Sunday, as Mark Clattenburg is unavailable for selection.

Last edited by ShedEnd1905 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

League Cup 4th Round - Chelsea vs Manchester United Empty Re: League Cup 4th Round - Chelsea vs Manchester United

Post by Blue Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:27 pm

Turnbull
Azi Cahill Luiz Bertrand
Romeu Ramires
Moses *Hazard Marin
Sturridge

* Toss up between Hazard, Mata, and Oscar.

Looking forward to this game, even though it is only the League cup.

btw Red Nose said his team will be the one that played against Newcastle in the last round.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

League Cup 4th Round - Chelsea vs Manchester United Empty Re: League Cup 4th Round - Chelsea vs Manchester United

Post by fatman123 Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:33 pm

Hopefuly Piazon can get some decent minutes in this one
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:36 pm

League Cup 4th Round - Chelsea vs Manchester United Tumblr_mcq9g4UTve1ruhh4yo1_400

Mine.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:55 pm

I honestly don't care about this match.

I'd love to thrash them but I'd much rather win our next EPL match.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:11 am

Kick wrote:I honestly don't care about this match.

I'd love to thrash them but I'd much rather win our next EPL match.
If you think about it, it would probably be a blessing in disguise to crash out of this competition. As much as the natural urge to want to win is still there, looking at our schedule, it would be the best thing for us to get knocked out. We have a very tough run for the next several weeks (Shakhtar, Juve, Man City, Liverpool, etc.), we have the CWC in late December, and with the 2-legged semifinals of this cup coming in early January, and especially considering all this is taking place in the toughest stretch of the season when some of our crucial players are playing right through the winter for the first time in their careers, it would start to be too much to handle.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:15 am

Yeah. Plus winning this isn't that great so I don't care if we lose.

Also kudos on the referee united badge Razz
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:26 am

Kick wrote:Yeah. Plus winning this isn't that great so I don't care if we lose.

Was wondering if anyone would take notice to it eco smile
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:30 am

I thought you might have done something when I saw the thread. and I was right Razz
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:09 am

It is always good to win something and see more Chelsea games, plus it is a good opportunity for fringe and youth players to make an impression.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:12 am

Blue wrote:

It is always good to win something and see more Chelsea games, plus it is a good opportunity for fringe and youth players to make an impression.

Not with our schedule, we have so many games, they are bound to get some time. plus it makes our Core players like Ramires very tired.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:13 am

Blue wrote:

Yes, but if getting knocked out means we'll be better equipped to compete in the League and for the Club World Cup in December, I'm more than happy to get dumped out.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:23 am

ShedEnd1905 wrote:
Blue wrote:

Yes, but if getting knocked out means we'll be better equipped to compete in the League and for the Club World Cup in December, I'm more than happy to get dumped out.

I can see your argument if we were playing our most used players, but we are going to play players like Piazon, Romeu, Marin, etc they are barely used. I don't think it effects our ability to compete in our more significant competitions.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:50 am

Would love it if we played alot of youth and the young boys trashed them. Like others said doesn't mean a whole lot either way though, we have far more important matches coming up.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebelles.REUS.rex Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:18 am

Cech
Azpi-cahill-luiz-bertrand
romue-rambo
Moses-oscar-Marin
Sturridge

sub to come on - piazon for marin
Rebelles.REUS.rex
Rebelles.REUS.rex
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:17 am

I have a feeling you guys will come out firing. I cant lie though, I would much rather United moved forward , because they are the weaker team.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:34 am

Hope you trash them.

Good luck.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:02 pm

Lee Mason is ref, we need luck.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:23 pm

What we need is none of our players who will be playing on the weekend to get injured or tired...
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:16 pm

I dont care what we are playing on saturday.. i wanna thrash them with a gd of more than 5!
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebelles.REUS.rex Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:09 pm

Lol at manure defence we should definitely score a few
Rebelles.REUS.rex
Rebelles.REUS.rex
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:17 pm

banana

Take that Slur Phallix and manure scum Twisted Evil
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:20 pm

With all the big teams now out of this competition, and serial Cup chokers Arsenal being the only big threat left, we have a fantastic chance to win this Cup this season.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:22 pm

you guys were going to lose that match until Mazacar came on the pitch. :bow:

also what a *bleep* match Chaka
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:24 pm

Such a weird match.

So many mistakes/average play but on the flip side we also saw some great moments.

lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next