is david villa being saved for the 2nd half season run-in?

+11
jibers
BarcaKizz
Donuts
The Sanchez
The Franchise
bazinga
BarrileteCosmico
gondov
neuro11
Lord Awesome
larisano
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

is david villa being saved for the 2nd half season run-in? Empty is david villa being saved for the 2nd half season run-in?

Post by larisano Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:46 am

Noticed that D.Villa has been slowly eased back into action. Is his lack of playtime a sign of being saved for the season run-in? or is his time finished and we are already looking at Neymar?
btw; I think, bar further injuries, the impending returns of Puyol,Pique and Abidal should go a long way in plugging our defensive holes. By New Year's, we should be good to go in all depts.

PS: Wanted to announce that in September of this year, I got Married and also completed the Memorization of the Holy Qur'an.

Also, Happy Birthday to my 'old' friend, BarcaKizz!![b]
larisano
larisano
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

is david villa being saved for the 2nd half season run-in? Empty Re: is david villa being saved for the 2nd half season run-in?

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:20 am

Congratz on the marriage bro. I wish you and the Mrs. all the best. Razz

Meh I think Villanova realized Messi isn't cut out to play everygame too rigorously like he used to under Guardiola.

Villa >>> Sanchez, honestly. Maybe Villanova is indeed going to spare him until the end of the season.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

is david villa being saved for the 2nd half season run-in? Empty Re: is david villa being saved for the 2nd half season run-in?

Post by neuro11 Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:52 pm

congratz on marriage and the memorization of the Holy Quran which is a great gift from Allah.

Spare? your best weapon for the end?? do anyone do that in football??? i doubt....so no, i think he is no more considered as the best weapon and thus not better than Alexis(at least to Tito)

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:09 pm

Congrads Very Happy

The villa saga baffles me. Whenever villa has started the game, he's been horrible, however as a sub its a diff story - scoring, hitting the post etc.

I dont think villa will ever get back to undisputed starter, and sadly will prolly leave at the end of this season.

He and Messi are becoming incompatible, and even on a personal level, if u believe the rumors.

If only messi would stop being too lazy, we would have our beloved MVP back. Sad
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:30 pm

Congratulations Very Happy

I agree that Villa seems to be "saved" for the 2nd season. His playing time can only increase if he remains fit.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bazinga Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:06 pm

I wonder what it will take for Tito to see that Sanchez is a liability when on the field and that he should be replaced with Villa on a more regular basis.

And congrats, larisano Smile
bazinga
bazinga
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:49 am

Congrats Lari, long time.

I dont know if he is being saved so to speak..more, we have seen guys get broken legs before and it takes more than a year to return to the sort of level and intensity needed. Its going to take time for him to be able to handle game after game, relied on for 90 minutes, whenever, wherever.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:00 am

I guess we are just playing minutes by minutes to increase his match fitness. By the new year, he should be starting most games. He probably won't be the same Villa we knew after a serious injury like that but his presence is needed for sure!
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by larisano Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:02 pm

so he seems to be slowly getting eased back into the team rather than being saved.

ps:to those who remember me from goal.com forums, I do read regularly but since I have rarely watched in my time here, I prefer to just read what others report and say. Feel rather disconnected,tbh.
larisano
larisano
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:53 pm

I believe he i VERY slowly being brought back from injury with no risk of further injury
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:16 pm

Thanks Lari. Only just saw this.

Congrats on the marriage first of all and good to hear from you.

Hmmm I want to believe he's just being eased back in slowly. They are definitely being very careful with him and so I hope he isn't getting too frustrated. Sanchez started preseason well but is proving again why he's a flop. Not impressed and I think soon enough they will have to turn to Villa consistently.

As you know I'm a big fan of him so I'm hoping to see him play a big role in the rest of our season so I hope that Tito sees things similarly to you and considers Villa important in the 2nd half.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:07 pm

I've noticed that barca are playing really well with iniesta on the wing!

Is Alba's presence making it a good thing? Afterall, iniesta is rarely stuck there, he is constantly switching positions with pedro, messi, cesc.

As much as I love villa, I feel atm, our strongest first 11 does not include him. Messi seems to love playing with cesc upfront than villa imo.

hmm
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:27 pm

No, we are not playing very well with him on the wing.

Lost possession, worse pressing and beating two meh sides means very little when compared with the years of evidence to the contary.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:22 pm

The Franchise wrote:No, we are not playing very well with him on the wing.

Lost possession, worse pressing and beating two meh sides means very little when compared with the years of evidence to the contary.

Iniesta seems to have gone up a gear since moving to the wing.

Spartak, Levante werent meh sides!

I think we pressed well in our last 3 matches and villa isnt really gonna improve the side in this department anyway.

On the possession stats, I think its Tito's tactics, he is more direct.

MVP hasnt really worked well this season., e.g vs Granada, Zaragoza, Celta.

Its going to be interesting to see if MVP returns as our first choice attack this season :coffee:

gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:32 pm

Villa is past it. Tito is preparing for MDN

Nerman - Messi - Deulofeu
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:06 pm

Jibs i don't agree Villa has a ridiculous goals to minute ratio considering his time on the pitch.

He looks more lethal than he did before his injury he just hasn't had consistent game time.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:36 pm

gondov wrote:
The Franchise wrote:No, we are not playing very well with him on the wing.

Iniesta seems to have gone up a gear since moving to the wing.

Spartak, Levante werent meh sides!

I think we pressed well in our last 3 matches and villa isnt really gonna improve the side in this department anyway.

On the possession stats, I think its Tito's tactics, he is more direct.

MVP hasnt really worked well this season., e.g vs Granada, Zaragoza, Celta.

Its going to be interesting to see if MVP returns as our first choice attack this season :coffee:

Levante were awful. They alway are vs us because their tactics never work vs someone like us.

What your ignoring is, before our first goal we struggled horribly BECAUSE of Iniesta playing on the flank in both Bilbao and Levante games.

Do you want to do this against the best of the best too?

No, we pressed poorly...players running around all over the place like headless chickens. When Villa plays, basically when 3 forwards play, they are natural fitting into their positions and know where to move.

vs Bilbao they escaped our press often because Iniesta isnt used to pressing fullbacks and Cesc is still slow to press. Putting everyone in their natural position improves us dramatically when pressing.

I dont understand why you would want Iniesta on the flank, its as if you havent seen the results over the long term.

Go watch any of our games vs Chelsea, vs Celtic, vs basically any park the bus team we struggled in. The common theme, not enough width, not enough depth, not enough stretching of play. Playing Iniesta over a forward only makes this problem worse.

I dont care how well Iniesta is playing, it wont work over the long term.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:42 pm

And I dont know what is with jibbers claiming x, y and z are finished. Villa, Sahin, everyone lol

Villa has done quiet well for me, the only games I seen him not do well was because he didnt recieve much of the ball. But on the ball, his movement, is general awareness and his lack of not forcing passes to Messi are a refreshing change to be honest.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:01 am

LOL Mole I'm kidding. It's just unfrotunate that Barcelona have so many ppl that can play wide. Last season thats what they lacked Laughing

I don't know, I think maybe Tito is trying to give the squad a break till the Jan Feb fixtures maybe where Barcelona have done relatively poorly under Pep and thats were the fixtuures are are their tightest, copa del rey and League every week!

Best Villa is rested tbh. Yea Dani I agree that him not looking for Messi is refreshing. Messi's player/manager role needs to stop!
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:22 am

Messi denied charges today of being a player/manager/president of the club:

On Madrid-based media calling him "The little dictator":

Messi:" Laughing My teammates know how I am"

Villa hasn't had consistent game time because he was at first not fit enough to play 2-3 times a week, and when he played he rarely did so for 90 minutes. Even when he was having a better game than, say, Pedro, he would still be the one to get shafted for Alexis. Then he got re-injured hence not a consistent game time. But I think Tito is adopting a gradual system of allowing him more game time as his fitness improves, and will probably be a starter next season if all goes according to plan. If you read recent interviews by Tito he says things like "Villa was good, he scored two goals and was able to complete 90 minutes on the pitch. Every day I see him improved". It's clear that he's not 100% yet if there's need to point out that he is now able to play 90 minutes.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:22 am

is david villa being saved for the 2nd half season run-in? Tumblr_ma32oayImg1qkj7vc
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:19 am

i definitely want to see more of him.
i was dissapointed not to see him agianst bilbao at all.
hope tito starts giving him some more time gradually
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:07 pm

Last night I couldnt sleep, so I put on the CL final in 09 vs Manchester Utd. Thought it would be cool to relive the memory and look at how we changed since then I might not of remembered.

I learned a heck of a lot, but above all what I saw is how Etoo and Henry, in having somewhat below par games not once force feed passes into Messi.

There was one occassion, Henry up against Ferdinand....he could of easily passed to Messi for a shot, but instead dribbled Rio inside and out before getting his own shot off. It was almost shocking to see players doing things by themselves.

This same striker mentality, I like about Villa...he has it more than Tello, more than Pedro, more than Alexis.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:44 pm

I take it that's why you like the Neymar links? and to a lesser extent Deulofeu's possible promotion in the future?

Actually having forwards that can create things themselves instead of just playing for Messi.

I have to admit i like Villa for that reason too.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:52 pm

Well yes, but at the same time that exact thing is part of the reason I am concerned it wont work. I just think we need a forward with goals in him and Neymar has that, his finishing to me is the most impressive thing about him other than his dribbling.

But yeah basically, I think Messi has become so great that everyone passes it to him whenever they can. I understand it, but it isnt always the right play.

Villa takes shots on goal, none of our players would dare to.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next