Dutti
Motogp69
Firenze
B-Mac
RED
VanDeezNuts
12 posters

Go down

How do United fans rate Rafael? Empty How do United fans rate Rafael?

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:10 am

I have been wondering this for awhile because i feel he gets a lot of unnecessary hate, but i dont think i have ever really heard replies from united fans..

so i am curious what you guys think.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

How do United fans rate Rafael? Empty Re: How do United fans rate Rafael?

Post by RED Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:49 am

He is rated highly. I f you go to United forums or blogs, you will see that he is very popular amongst the fans.

He's a good player, and imo, has been arguably our most in form player this season. Defensively he is getting better and he has improved the attacking aspect of his game (scoring 2 goals already in the league).

What he needs to improve on if he is to be a really top player is his positioning, concentration at times and recklessness in challenges. He is a very good tackler of the ball, but sometimes he goes in too quick on an opposition player, which in turn makes it easier for him to get easily passed by a winger.

But in essence, he is our starting RB no doubt about it. A very exciting player.

He's twin though..... It's just not happening for Fabio atm.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:21 am

Rafael used to be a liability, but since end of last season and this season so far, he has been great, you don't notice him as much which for a defender is usually better, means he is doing his job not making mistakes. i think people underrated his ability in the air, he is quite good for a smaller lad. People used to rate Fabio higher then him, I never quite got it always have thought he was the better of the 2 and is proving it right now.
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:16 pm

it's a toss up between him and rvp as to whos is the best utd player thus far.

I love him. (no homo)
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:29 pm

Looked impressive going forward in every game so far this season. Rich mans Dani Alves.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:38 pm

Not a United fan, but the guy just seems to do magical things when the ball is at his feet. Nothing but top class.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:50 pm

"He's a Brazilian who trains like a beast. He never misses training - the boy is just a football fanatic. When he goes home in the summer, he plays every day for his street team back in Brazil." - Sir Alex Ferguson
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:43 pm

thanks for the responses guys, actually forgot i posed this question til right now.

Thumbs up

ive personally been a big fan of his since he started playing with united.. i really like his playing style and i think he has been massively under rated and probably still is, as i vitrually never hear his name mentioned in praise.

particularly from the madrid fans- we have discussed about every possible RB solution to replace slowbeloa but rafael has never got as much as a mention.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:34 pm

he has been awesome offensively, getting crosses and goals so far this season. However, defensively, he's still very weak. Although i'd say that he's improving tremendously. I just hate seeing headers going in when he's defending someone. (he's short though so that's fair enough). Evra too, has been performing very solidly (or fantastically) lately.
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:22 pm

Rafael is at Manchester United with his twin brother Fabio since 2008.Both of them have always been considered real talents, but Rafael showed better football qualities from the first season at Manchester United.Fabio's greatest season was 2010-2011.Also Rafael played a lot of games in that season when we reached the UCL final, but Fabio was the one to play as a RB in that game against Barcelona due to his fabulous form instead of his brother, Rafael.

Rafael showed since his first appeareance at Manchester United his great technical abilities, his capacity of doing an impressive offensive and defensive effort at the same time (which was always needed at Man United because our LB and RB have both offensive and defensive tactical tasks) and his unbounded ambition to progress as a player and as a human being.

He has a strong personality with many positive morale traits which make him a socialness and persevering guy.I believe it is very important to have open-minded players in your team and I can assure you that Rafael is one of them.Generally speaking, successful teams always have intelligent players in their first eleven but sometimes it happens that they aren't developed in the right way.

In my opinion Rafael is the best right back in EPL because his performances were absolutely amazing and constant, showing unexpected defending abilities against teams like Manchester City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea.He played almost perfectly all derby games that Man United had so far this season.Also, his dribbling, crossing and physical abilities are improving from one day to another.He is well integrated between the teammates and very well seen at the club by the staff because he reacted very good at all the tasks given to him by the club's coaches.

Last season looked bewildered at times, especially in key moments when the pressure was high and he couldn't face it with success, but this happened to almost all of his young teammates.His worst performance so far is that home game against Everton (4-4) when 3 goals which we conceded were because of him.

Let's not forget about his age.He is very very young and at only 22 years old he is one of the most promising talents in EPL.It is very nice to see that Sir Alex is using him in the first XI very often so he can finally develop in peace and try to reach the maturity needed to be the coordinator of the right wing at Manchester United.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:20 pm

definitely a great talent, let's not forget he's 22 and he is already top 3 in Epl in my opinion, there with zabaleta and sagna, players that have far more experience than him... Man United are set for that Right Back position, imagine how much football intelligence and position awareness he'll get when he'll be 25 for example playing constantly in important games like Real Madrid or Epl derbies, maybe at Brasil too at the highest level.
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by AlinJ92 Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:16 pm

His game has grown considerably, especially this season. I love the way he is involved in both attack and defence. He seems to have overcome his injury problems. The fact that he is still 22 makes me even happier. IMO, he should be capped more often by Brazil.
AlinJ92
AlinJ92
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by MOYLAGH-SHERGAR Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:59 pm

Rafael....the guy has a number of qualities, he is decent going forward and he his very tenacious and aggressive which I love.

On-the-other-hand, I believe he is a little erratic with his tackling at times and he loses the head now and again. His positioning sense also needs to improve.

Overall I like the guy, but if United are looking to win the UCL I think we need much more from the young Brazilian.

MOYLAGH-SHERGAR
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:17 pm

Firenze wrote:Looked impressive going forward in every game so far this season. Rich mans Dani Alves.

:bow:
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:07 pm

The young man is having a great season. Salute Rafa!
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:18 am

Only rate Lahm as better. Still wouldn't trade him for anyone though.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:15 am

Lahm is clearly better, but man does Rafael score anything but world class goals?

He scored my all time favorite type of goal, the frozen rope on a volley. Wish he was at a better club, I'll trade you Walker and Naughton for him... :fishing:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:32 am

What better club? Bayern?

How do United fans rate Rafael? Tumblr_lu2c3efMIm1qk4qen

Don't flatter yourself.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:29 pm

He's at the best club :coffee:
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:37 pm

ronaldo__9 wrote:He's at the best club :coffee:

In Manchester... :coffee:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:52 pm

Motogp69 wrote:
ronaldo__9 wrote:He's at the best club :coffee:

In England... :coffee:

fixed that for you
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down