Neymar Decision

+6
lszanto
Kick
Blue
Shed
iNFINITY9910
footyfanbeauty
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Neymar Decision - Page 2 Empty Re: Neymar Decision

Post by Shed Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:14 pm

@fatman123 wrote:in all seriousness though i dont see how we can be discussing a new long term CF when Lukaku still hasnt been given a decent chance in the XI, even though Lukaku has had Shane Long serve him up a few easy goals hes been pretty good thus far bar that terrible first touch. I think the more pressing question is in the long term how do we fit the following into our first team

Oscar
Hazard
Mata
Piazon
Moses
Marin
Sturidge
Torres
Lukaku
supposed new CF
Mcechran
Bertrand
PVA
Ramires
Mikel

If Piazon is going to get into the XI its going to be on the wing which means one of OscHazMat (most likely Oscar) needs to drop into the pivot which means one of Mikel/Ramires/Oscar gets benched, not to mention Marin and Moses can sit on the bench for the next htree years and stay happy, and at the same time Mcechran needs first XI football next season too which throws another name into the ring and theres also the possibility that some bright spark will decide to buy another CM too (its not needed but you know its a possibility)

Then up top youve got Torres, Sturidge (you just get the feeling hes gonna leave on a bosman and we'll have egg on our face), Lukaku and Cavani/Neymar/Falcao/Reus/someother CF all playing for one postion

and on the side note, imo PVA never got given a fair go, looks as if he'll be sold though

somethings gotta give somehwere
Which is why NO new players should be brought in for any position other than striker. Torres is finished, and will either be out the door in the summer, or given a permanent role as back-up. Sturridge, unfortunately, will leave in the summer I fear, so there's an already weak, thin strikeforce depleted even further. So that leaves us with Lukaku and maybe Torres. Still nowhere near enough, either in quality or sheer numbers, which is where another striker being brought in comes in.

But other than that, we are absolutely covered.

Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Posts : 23683
Join date : 2012-05-28

Back to top Go down

Neymar Decision - Page 2 Empty Re: Neymar Decision

Post by iNFINITY9910 Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:14 pm

I really dont think we need new players for the next 2-3 season at least unless some decide to leave. Our squad is pretty strong tbh and most of them are not even close to their prime years. I think its going to be profitable years for Chelsea as long as we stick to one manager and let the game flow.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 4541
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Neymar Decision - Page 2 Empty Re: Neymar Decision

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:53 am

DO NOT want Nerman anywhere near our team.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 10347
Join date : 2012-03-03

Back to top Go down

Neymar Decision - Page 2 Empty Re: Neymar Decision

Post by Blue Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:59 am

ShedEnd1905 wrote:
@Blue wrote:I decided to continue this conversation in here, it has nothing to do with our upcoming CL game. :coffee:

I can see what you mean, i can see the argument for wanting a pure 9. I personally would pass on spending 45-60m on a 27 year old striker(Falcao), too much money for a player who will have no resale value.

Neymar is one of the most recognized and marketable player in the world, he is going to be remarkable for our commercial revenue. Your guaranteed to recoup your money just based on that, and Neymar will always have a resale value, look how much Real made from selling Robinho to City. He is 10 folds better then Robinho at the same age.

Anyway i would be over the moon if we get Neymar, he is by far my favorite non Chelsea player.

Problem with Spain and false9: With all due respect to Ineista and Silva, Hazard and Mata are much more of a goal threat and finishers then those two. Ineista is top 5 player in the world but finishing and scoring goals is his biggest weakness. Silva is not much of a goal threat either.

Spain problem is that if you play with a false 9, then you need goals from your other forwards. I feel confident that Mata, Hazard, and Neymar would have enough goals in them for us to successfully play a false9.

Most likely Neymar is going to Barca, which i think it is the worst place for him to go.
And how marketable is he going to be if he ends up being a spectacular flop? It's a distinct possibility, and for the pricetag he'll command, it's not worth it.

As for someone like a Falcao costing alot of money with no resale value, how often does Chelsea sell players on anyway? I can't even remember the last player we sold for a decent pricetag...Zhirkov at £13m maybe? And before him, Robben? Other than that, the club really doesn't care about getting money for their outgoing players.

What I do know is that in the English game, I'm almost certain no team has ever had success with the "false 9" as their long-term game-plan, or that anyone has even been stupid enough to try it in the first place. I just don't think it would work in the Premier League.

Mate, there is no way Neymar flops the way you potentially think. If he flops he will still be a very good player, but doesn't reach the best player in the world status. Too talented to flop barring any injury.

On Falcao, a player with resale value will always be more attractive. Because if he doesn't pan out, you can always recoup a pretty good amount.

How many years at his very best can we get out of him? 3-4? Is that worth 50m+ with little to no resale value?

If we do pursue Falcao we have to make sure Blondy goes the other way. Have to get rid of him somehow.

BTW most expects Neymar to leave in 2014 after the world cup, and whoever signs him will be as a free agent. So don't have to pay Santos anything.

So it is premature to talk about Neymar. pale
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 2825
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Neymar Decision - Page 2 Empty Re: Neymar Decision

Post by lszanto Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:01 am

If Neymar is still at Santos in 2014 then he'll have made a big mistake imo.

Look at the kind of goals he scores in liga do brasil, he just toys with them and is too good for the league imo.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 3354
Join date : 2011-07-24

Back to top Go down

Neymar Decision - Page 2 Empty Re: Neymar Decision

Post by Blue Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:19 am

@lszanto wrote:If Neymar is still at Santos in 2014 then he'll have made a big mistake imo.

Look at the kind of goals he scores in liga do brasil, he just toys with them and is too good for the league imo.

Agreed, he is already way too good for the Brazilian league.


Seriously can't believe some people comment here, this guy has the class and potential to reach Messi and Ronaldo status. You never say no to a talent like that.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 2825
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Neymar Decision - Page 2 Empty Re: Neymar Decision

Post by lszanto Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:24 am

@Blue wrote:
@lszanto wrote:If Neymar is still at Santos in 2014 then he'll have made a big mistake imo.

Look at the kind of goals he scores in liga do brasil, he just toys with them and is too good for the league imo.

Agreed, he is already way too good for the Brazilian league.


Seriously can't believe some people comment here, this guy has the class and potential to reach Messi and Ronaldo status. You never say no to a talent like that.


Yeah honestly wouldn't say no. Do you think he'd flourish at outright CF? I've only ever seen him for brazil where he plays more LW.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 3354
Join date : 2011-07-24

Back to top Go down

Neymar Decision - Page 2 Empty Re: Neymar Decision

Post by Blue Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:47 am

@lszanto wrote:
@Blue wrote:
@lszanto wrote:If Neymar is still at Santos in 2014 then he'll have made a big mistake imo.

Look at the kind of goals he scores in liga do brasil, he just toys with them and is too good for the league imo.

Agreed, he is already way too good for the Brazilian league.


Seriously can't believe some people comment here, this guy has the class and potential to reach Messi and Ronaldo status. You never say no to a talent like that.


Yeah honestly wouldn't say no. Do you think he'd flourish at outright CF? I've only ever seen him for brazil where he plays more LW.

I think he and the team would flourish. I love how Mata, Hazard, and Oscar have so much freedom and movement in our attack, just imagine if you also add Neymar to that attack that makes the possibility endless. All four players are equally equitable to provide a killer pass and also have the movement to be in the end of those passes.

I have no doubt he can succeed as a CF, as long as we play to his strength and give him the freedom to express himself. We could also play Hazard as CF, that is also a possibility.





Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 2825
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Neymar Decision - Page 2 Empty Re: Neymar Decision

Post by iNFINITY9910 Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:38 pm

@Blue wrote:
ShedEnd1905 wrote:
@Blue wrote:I decided to continue this conversation in here, it has nothing to do with our upcoming CL game. :coffee:

I can see what you mean, i can see the argument for wanting a pure 9. I personally would pass on spending 45-60m on a 27 year old striker(Falcao), too much money for a player who will have no resale value.

Neymar is one of the most recognized and marketable player in the world, he is going to be remarkable for our commercial revenue. Your guaranteed to recoup your money just based on that, and Neymar will always have a resale value, look how much Real made from selling Robinho to City. He is 10 folds better then Robinho at the same age.

Anyway i would be over the moon if we get Neymar, he is by far my favorite non Chelsea player.

Problem with Spain and false9: With all due respect to Ineista and Silva, Hazard and Mata are much more of a goal threat and finishers then those two. Ineista is top 5 player in the world but finishing and scoring goals is his biggest weakness. Silva is not much of a goal threat either.

Spain problem is that if you play with a false 9, then you need goals from your other forwards. I feel confident that Mata, Hazard, and Neymar would have enough goals in them for us to successfully play a false9.

Most likely Neymar is going to Barca, which i think it is the worst place for him to go.
And how marketable is he going to be if he ends up being a spectacular flop? It's a distinct possibility, and for the pricetag he'll command, it's not worth it.

As for someone like a Falcao costing alot of money with no resale value, how often does Chelsea sell players on anyway? I can't even remember the last player we sold for a decent pricetag...Zhirkov at £13m maybe? And before him, Robben? Other than that, the club really doesn't care about getting money for their outgoing players.

What I do know is that in the English game, I'm almost certain no team has ever had success with the "false 9" as their long-term game-plan, or that anyone has even been stupid enough to try it in the first place. I just don't think it would work in the Premier League.

Mate, there is no way Neymar flops the way you potentially think. If he flops he will still be a very good player, but doesn't reach the best player in the world status. Too talented to flop barring any injury.

On Falcao, a player with resale value will always be more attractive. Because if he doesn't pan out, you can always recoup a pretty good amount.

How many years at his very best can we get out of him? 3-4? Is that worth 50m+ with little to no resale value?

If we do pursue Falcao we have to make sure Blondy goes the other way. Have to get rid of him somehow.

BTW most expects Neymar to leave in 2014 after the world cup, and whoever signs him will be as a free agent. So don't have to pay Santos anything.

So it is premature to talk about Neymar. pale

Guess what RA did, instead of going for Aguero he went for Torres. Aguero was a perfect fit for Chelsea IMO.

So yea, I dont think wasting 50m is RA's first problem.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 4541
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Neymar Decision - Page 2 Empty Re: Neymar Decision

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum