Why are we starting our worst players?

+2
Ganso
Forza
6 posters

Go down

Why are we starting our worst players? Empty Why are we starting our worst players?

Post by Forza Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:06 am

That's it. Allegri's time is up. Yes, Galliani, Braida and Berlusconi pillaged the team before the season, but even they are not in control of the most woeful team selections in the whole of Serie A. And it's not just the Lazio game, it has been going on all season. It is blatantly obvious that some of these players should not start, yet I'm seeing them screw up our team week after week.

Antonini - When De Sciglio, a rookie wing-back who favours the right, is able to play better than this guy, you know it's time for him to go. Defensively overrated and non-existent offensively.

Boateng - Woefully out of form. Needs a break on the sidelines for a while. Then maybe introduce him as an impact sub. Meanwhile, Emanuelson is on the bench, and whilst arguably not as talented as KPB, he has the right mentality to succeed at the club and knows how to play a position.

Bonera - Drags down the whole defence, has no skills worth mentioning. Looks completely lost and, on top of that, was given the captain's armband so that he can order everyone else to follow his lead.

Yepes - Not really such a bad player, but at 37 he can only put in top performances every so often. A CB partnership has to be regular, and Allegri has done the exact opposite by mixing and matching pretty much every option in the team - this is the kind of stuff that should've been done in pre-season.

Amelia - Has never, ever had a good game with Milan. Give Gabriel a chance already.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham
Posts : 8871
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Why are we starting our worst players? Empty Re: Why are we starting our worst players?

Post by Ganso Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:14 am

As I said on the game thread,I was so furious with our defensive lineup that I turned the tv off,I knew klose and hernanes were going to rape us.About Boateng,he should be long gone but allegri doesn't have what it takes to bench him.We are soon going to start our battle vs relegation.Still can't believe we had the best cf and cb duo just a few months ago
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 15522
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Why are we starting our worst players? Empty Re: Why are we starting our worst players?

Post by Guest Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:19 am

Here is what bothers me:

1. This is the highest paid team in Serie A.
2. We don't have any defender who can be a starter for any top 4 team in the best 3 or 4 leagues...and only De Jong can be a part time starter at the top teams...in attack we have only the 'rookie' El.
3. We are outplayed tactically by almost every coach.

Still, I am almost sure that if these players were playing for Udinese or Lazio, they would have definitely punched above their weight and they would have been around 3rd position at table now. The management has failed the club badly. They have made mistakes that even someone without much experience would ever do.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Why are we starting our worst players? Empty Re: Why are we starting our worst players?

Post by Potential Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:49 am

I disagree with Amelia, Antonini and Bonera!

Bonera has been our best defender this season (shocking I know!)
Antonini pulled a number of surprising performances, doesn't get his due credit! Our best defender in the Zenit game; see match statistics!
Amelia is deservely 2nd choice, anyone who have seen Gabriel knows, he's not ready! Especially putting him in the back with the language barrier!
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 1203
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Why are we starting our worst players? Empty Re: Why are we starting our worst players?

Post by uzonero Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:13 am

Potential wrote:I disagree with Amelia, Antonini and Bonera!

Bonera has been our best defender this season (shocking I know!)
Antonini pulled a number of surprising performances, doesn't get his due credit! Our best defender in the Zenit game; see match statistics!
Amelia is deservely 2nd choice, anyone who have seen Gabriel knows, he's not ready! Especially putting him in the back with the language barrier!
are u sure you really watched amelia last night? Any other GK would have done a better job. What the f**k was he thinking coming out of his line the way he did on the 2nd goal?
There might be no better back up option in the milan squad but there are definitely better cheap options in the italian market
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 1201
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Why are we starting our worst players? Empty Re: Why are we starting our worst players?

Post by Forza Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:27 am

Potential wrote:I disagree with Amelia, Antonini and Bonera!

Bonera has been our best defender this season (shocking I know!)
Antonini pulled a number of surprising performances, doesn't get his due credit! Our best defender in the Zenit game; see match statistics!
Amelia is deservely 2nd choice, anyone who have seen Gabriel knows, he's not ready! Especially putting him in the back with the language barrier!
Bonera - I don't think being the statistically best defender in a game where we conceded 2 goals is something worth praising, especially since watching the game you could see that he was being dominated.

Antonini - Never, ever, ever, ever goes forward enough and gets the better of an opposition WB. We might as well play a CB there (if we had enough good ones) because he's defensively frail too.

Amelia - I'm of the opinion that our youth could not possibly be as bad as some of our 1st team players. Amelia is more prone to making mistakes than Dida in the years before he left. The 2nd choice GK position is one that should definitely be given to a younger player. There's low risk of anything going wrong because you wouldn't play many games and the experience gained would be invaluable.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham
Posts : 8871
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Why are we starting our worst players? Empty Re: Why are we starting our worst players?

Post by uzonero Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:05 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:
Potential wrote:I disagree with Amelia, Antonini and Bonera!

Bonera has been our best defender this season (shocking I know!)
Antonini pulled a number of surprising performances, doesn't get his due credit! Our best defender in the Zenit game; see match statistics!
Amelia is deservely 2nd choice, anyone who have seen Gabriel knows, he's not ready! Especially putting him in the back with the language barrier!
Bonera - I don't think being the statistically best defender in a game where we conceded 2 goals is something worth praising, especially since watching the game you could see that he was being dominated.

Antonini - Never, ever, ever, ever goes forward enough and gets the better of an opposition WB. We might as well play a CB there (if we had enough good ones) because he's defensively frail too.

Amelia - I'm of the opinion that our youth could not possibly be as bad as some of our 1st team players. Amelia is more prone to making mistakes than Dida in the years before he left. The 2nd choice GK position is one that should definitely be given to a younger player. There's low risk of anything going wrong because you wouldn't play many games and the experience gained would be invaluable.
totally spot on Thumbs up
U couldn't have said it any better, Amelia is a disaster waiting to happen
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 1201
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Why are we starting our worst players? Empty Re: Why are we starting our worst players?

Post by Casciavit Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:43 am

Am I the only one here who thinks playing de scilgio as a rb and abate as a lb would be better? De Sciligio is just way to good to not play him as a right back.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 9190
Join date : 2012-08-05

Back to top Go down

Why are we starting our worst players? Empty Re: Why are we starting our worst players?

Post by Forza Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:36 am

AL3 wrote:Am I the only one here who thinks playing de scilgio as a rb and abate as a lb would be better? De Sciligio is just way to good to not play him as a right back.
That would be good except for the fact that Abate is exclusively a right-sided player. He was converted from RM to RB. Going from RB to LB is a step too far I think.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham
Posts : 8871
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Why are we starting our worst players? Empty Re: Why are we starting our worst players?

Post by Dante Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:57 am

I like the purpose of this thread . I am not sure if Allegri's time is up , because i don't think Galliani wants him out , at least so far..

I must admit , yesterday he didn't got it right in the beginning. Mixing the defence once again like you said Forza and on top of that , leaving De Sciglio on the bench , wasn't that bright .
Gotta give him some credit for the 2nd half , even if it wasn't enough to at least earn us a point. His substitutions brought us back from Hades , though to no avail , because our defence simply ended the game in the first half. As for the analysis on the players , it's very true .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 5460
Join date : 2011-07-09
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Why are we starting our worst players? Empty Re: Why are we starting our worst players?

Post by Guest Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:36 pm

I feel that the only reason Allegri has not been sacked is because the club doesn't want to pay him the compensation. hmm

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Why are we starting our worst players? Empty Re: Why are we starting our worst players?

Post by Forza Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:58 pm

vasanthPato wrote:I feel that the only reason Allegri has not been sacked is because the club doesn't want to pay him the compensation. hmm
Cynical, but could be true. Let's not forget that we were playing the no.3 side in the comp today. If Allegri gets the guillotine, it will be after we lose against another really poor team (Atalanta again or something like that).
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham
Posts : 8871
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Why are we starting our worst players? Empty Re: Why are we starting our worst players?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum