Alex10
billy_gr
VanDeezNuts
15 posters

Go down

Technique Empty Technique

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:51 am

Technique- How do you define it?

and who would you say is the most technical player at the moment?

of all time?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Technique Empty Re: Technique

Post by billy_gr Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:27 am

always thought about this.
well most people regard dribling and ball controll as technique mostly.
some may even mention shooting or set pieces and passing ability.
but why leave defending (tackling and marking) out of this?
in general technique defines every aspect of the game.
Ronalidnho and Maldini had both great technique in different areas of the game
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex10 Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:35 am

I think it's mainly about ball control. Not dribbling and close control, but how accurate your touch is. First touch, and first time passes IMO. Today I say Cassano has the best technique. All time no doubt Maradona. Others who I have seen in my lifetime and are great in this aspect are:Zidane,Bergkamp, Ronaldinho of course and I have to mention Romario and Baggio.

Alex10
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:39 pm

I've always thought of technique as the non-physical elements of the game. Finishing, passing, dribbling, quality of your touch, skills, etc. On the other side of the equation we would have things like conditioning, aggression, speed, balance, agility, etc. I'm pretty sure this is the way most people talk about technique.

To address Billy's concern, by the very nature of defending, most of their actions are physical and thus not technical. That doesn't mean there are no technical defenders (Pique comes to mind), or technical ways to defend (a clean standing tackle could be considered technique).
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:51 pm

for me its all about ball control specifically how much curve a player can put on the ball, whether its passing or shooting.

it also has to do with dribbling- first touch, close control etc.

when i think of technical players today- well my favorite is van der vaart- technical beast imo, pretty much 90% of his game.

another good shoutout is ozil who is very very technical.

as for modern era players i agree with alex- the ones that stand out to me are zidane, bergkamp, and dinho.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaestroFavre Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:09 pm

Hmmmm. I think of technique as the skill or ability on the ball or the ability to manipulate the ball with certain aspects or just how you kick it. Razz LOL When you are on the ball you think of first touch, shooting, dribbling, passing, footing , ( I would even go on to say Balance ) and heading. These are all technique related aspects of the game if you ask me.

I would say the likes of Ibrahimovic and Berbatov are quite technical players.So are the likes of Silva and Ozil .

Of all time?
Bergkamp
MaestroFavre
MaestroFavre
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Villarreal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:00 pm

technique= ball control+dribbling+long shots+passing, through bls+free kicks

for me Ibrahimovic it's the best player regarding technique... After that messi and Spain's duo, Pirlo, Rooney, Ozil, Sneijder... And one of my favourites: fabrizio miccoli (too bad that he is fat)

All time: gotta be Zidane or Maradona, for me Maradona
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:28 pm

BC's post pretty much nailed it on the money.

Gonna quote myself from the other thread in the RB section though:

_LMG_10_ wrote:
tech•nique

1. the manner and ability with which an artist, writer, dancer, athlete, or the like employs the technical skills of a particular art or field of endeavor.

1. Ronaldinho
2. Iniesta/Xavi are about equal
3. Messi

The gap between ronaldinho and iniesta/xavi is bigger than the gap between iniesta/xavi and messi

Matter of fact, you could arguably put Messi on the same level of Iniesta/Xavi because his shooting technique is better. However, any abilities that primarily require physical traits such as speed, acceleration, and agility do not necessarily count towards technique. For example, Messi has the ability to dribble through 5 players, which of course requires technique, but you can't do it without the physical traits, which Xavi/Iniesta lack. So even though messi can dribble 5 players, it doesn’t mean his technique is better than Xaviesta’s, because that ability is derived from a combination of physical traits and technique, not technique alone.

Ronaldinho is still the King of football technique. But if you want to go back further in time then there are many players which deserve a shout, like Maradona, Zidane, Bergkamp, Cruyff, Pele, etc..

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:23 am

Ronnie's got Tech but he isn't what I would call a Technical player. It's obvious he's a Physical player.

Best Tech: Iniesta

Off All Time: Probably Iniesta
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:30 am

Messi, and it's not even close at the moment.

Technique, for me at least, is manipulating the ball in different situations, dribbling, passing and shooting. Messi can dribble the tightest places, fastest situations with the most simplest of touches. He can pass the ball with the best accuracy and weight from the hardest places. And he can strike the ball with great accuracy and technique which enables him to score from 30 yards in. No other player can do all these with the same consistency or quality.

One of my favourite sequence of technique from Messi, three perfect touches, control, panna and chip to top corner.

Spoiler:

Alltime? For me I would say Messi edges it.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:54 pm

jiopsi wrote:Messi, and it's not even close at the moment.

Technique, for me at least, is manipulating the ball in different situations, dribbling, passing and shooting. Messi can dribble the tightest places, fastest situations with the most simplest of touches. He can pass the ball with the best accuracy and weight from the hardest places. And he can strike the ball with great accuracy and technique which enables him to score from 30 yards in. No other player can do all these with the same consistency or quality.

One of my favourite sequence of technique from Messi, three perfect touches, control, panna and chip to top corner.

Spoiler:

Alltime? For me I would say Messi edges it.

Very well laid out points. In overall technique I would say yes, he is easily the most well rounded. Very good gif. Please could you teach me how to make them? Please private message me the details. Your Messi gifs is one of the reasons I enjoy the forum.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:09 pm

alltime is without a doubt Dinho
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:12 pm

Ganso wrote:alltime is without a doubt Dinho

I disagree. Maradona better technique and Messi does as well. Xavi and Iniesta's first touches are als better. I am guessing this ridiculous bias stems from you being from Brazil.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:16 pm

Clockwork Orange wrote:

I disagree. Maradona better technique and Messi does as well. Xavi and Iniesta's first touches are als better. I am guessing this ridiculous bias stems from you being from Brazil.
Ridiculous bias?Seriously?I'm talking about Dinho here not some scrub,and look at the other posters who also said Dinho :facepalm:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:18 pm

Ganso wrote:
Clockwork Orange wrote:

Ridiculous bias?Seriously?I'm talking about Dinho here not some scrub,and look at the other posters who also said Dinho :facepalm:

Apologies for such harsh words. I tend to exagerrate a lot. Ronaldinho had great technique, but Messi is better at pretty much everything. Messi moves faster withg the all, keeps the ball closer, better dribbler and is better at finishing. Messi's final balls is the best and is better than Ronaldinho's ever was.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:23 pm

MaestroFavre wrote:Hmmmm. I think of technique as the skill or ability on the ball or the ability to manipulate the ball with certain aspects or just how you kick it. Razz LOL When you are on the ball you think of first touch, shooting, dribbling, passing, footing , Balance ) and heading. These are all technique related aspects of the game if you ask me.

I would say the likes of Ibrahimovic and Berbatov are quite technical players.So are the likes of Silva and Ozil .

Of all time?
Bergkamp

This
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:12 pm

Technique is how accurately you can control the ball, someone with great technique can control it accurately at an extreme dificulty level. It could be to cushion the ball to keep it close to you, pushing it to a teammate, flicking it away from a defender, controling the flight of the ball on a difficult shot/pass. Dribbling on tthe run is more athletic. Did a thread on this before, majority thought iniesta is the best currently.

Bit underrated romario. Not very great in some aspects, but he had a gold touch

Different levels to me:

Clinical technique: Xavi
Mesmerising technique: Iniesta, messi, zidane
Ridiculous technique: Ronaldinho, romario, van basten
Peerless technique: Maradona

thats a brief summary, there are more players
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:29 pm

I regard technique as how well you can make the ball do what you want it too. [Judging the balls flight path towards you is a part of it (i.e. spotting the rate and direction of spin a cross/long ball to time your header or where to run.]

That means that for me, technique and being a great player is separate, there's no point in being able to hit the crossbar three times in a row, or scoring a penalty in training if you can't do it without a defender breathing down your neck, and shoulder barging you.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyBoy Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:48 pm

Technique is a versatile word, different people have different meaning, for me it is the ability of a player with the ball aka ball control, first touch, dribbling, passing and shooting(placement).
Players like Bergkamp, Zola, Romario, Baggio, Zidane, Figo, JJR, Scholes, Xavi, Dinho, Messi, Zico, Maradona, Kopa, Crujff, Best, Sivori, Van Basten, Ronaldinho, Maldini, Iniesta etc etc spring to mind. But players who absolutely mesmerised me with their technique have to be Le God and Bochini, these guys rarely used pace but still could dribble three-four guys with ease. Their passing, shooting all were awesome.

CrazyBoy
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyBoy Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:48 pm

Technique is a versatile word, different people have different meaning, for me it is the ability of a player with the ball aka ball control, first touch, dribbling, passing and shooting(placement).
Players like Bergkamp, Zola, Romario, Baggio, Zidane, Figo, JJR, Scholes, Xavi, Dinho, Messi, Zico, Maradona, Kopa, Crujff, Best, Sivori, Van Basten, Ronaldinho, Maldini, Iniesta etc etc spring to mind. But players who absolutely mesmerised me with their technique have to be Le God and Bochini, these guys rarely used pace but still could dribble three-four guys with ease. Their passing, shooting all were awesome.

CrazyBoy
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex10 Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:43 pm

This is one of the reasons I said Cassano has the best technique today. Also I have never seen a player with his first touch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTQVywl1wHs&feature=plcp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcUiKhMc4Yg&feature=plcp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsSMwAV51Y4&feature=plcp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQwMDANPjt0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S82cgto3T1M&feature=plcp

Alex10
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:57 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:Technique is how accurately you can control the ball, someone with great technique can control it accurately at an extreme dificulty level. It could be to cushion the ball to keep it close to you, pushing it to a teammate, flicking it away from a defender, controling the flight of the ball on a difficult shot/pass. Dribbling on tthe run is more athletic. Did a thread on this before, majority thought iniesta is the best currently.
Only thing I disagree about is that dribbling is more athletic. Being athletic doesn't make you a good dribbler, yet chances are if you have superior technique you're probably going to be able to get past your opponent more often than not.

Also the thread in question, if I recall correctly, was about the best ball control not technique?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:46 am

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:Technique is how accurately you can control the ball, someone with great technique can control it accurately at an extreme dificulty level. It could be to cushion the ball to keep it close to you, pushing it to a teammate, flicking it away from a defender, controling the flight of the ball on a difficult shot/pass. Dribbling on tthe run is more athletic. Did a thread on this before, majority thought iniesta is the best currently.

Doesn't matter what the majority thinks on this forum.

What matters is that Iniesta can't do this:

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down