Who has the best Final ball in Football?

+21
ARIARAIDEN
The Sanchez
pewpew
DuringTheWar
halamadrid2
harhar11
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
BarrileteCosmico
vivabarca38
Onyx
guest7
Arquitecto
Mamad
Harmonica
Valkyrja
alexjanosik
Jack Daniels
The Franchise
urbaNRoots
Gil
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who has the best Final ball in Football? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who has the best Final ball in Football?

Post by pewpew Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:43 pm

Özil

Messi might have the more distance in his best ones. But Özil is just quicker and more accuare when he gets the opportunity. He has been a little bit inconsistant lately though.

pewpew
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Who has the best Final ball in Football? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who has the best Final ball in Football?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:49 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:Right, this thread is about final pass, not throughpass? A final pass is the pass that breaks the defence to assist a teammate right? what does it matter if it is a cross?
Definitely agreed with this. This is not a conversation about through-balls, but about the pass before the goal. In my opinion, Xavi and Messi are on a class of their own here by taking into account the ability to pass the ball through tight spaces through varying degrees of passing ranges.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:05 am

Messi and then Ozil. It was hard to pick but according to stats and watching games, Messi edges it.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ARIARAIDEN Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:40 am

Totti by a lightyear.He is 36 now but is Tequnice is 10 levels higher than any other football player of this Planet!
ARIARAIDEN
ARIARAIDEN
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex10 Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:03 am

Right now I think is Messi. He's a through ball machine. I have to mention Cassano. He sees passes that no one does. Totti also has to be in this discussion.

Alex10
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:10 am

Mamad wrote:here Jiopsi unlike you ( having every second of Messi playing ) i don't have anything from Ozil these are from 2 youtube videos i just downloaded
And you needed to take them from last season. If we are going that route you are loosing and badly. Messi did tougher throughballs, and he did those three times more than Ozil last season. Crosses are crosses, they vary tremendously and do not give always 1on1 possibility for attacker, they are not always final balls, and they are rather straightforward and easier to do as you only need to take account the place where you drop your cross. Throughballs needs the maximum vision, the maximum skill and the serenity to wait the open door to pass. And Messi has easily the best vision and skill to do those. Messi isn't even full fledged midfielder and he still produces more ridiculous throughballs than Özil. It isn't a contest really.

Who has the best Final ball in Football? - Page 2 Di-N40R

Who has the best Final ball in Football? - Page 2 Di-WSDV

Who has the best Final ball in Football? - Page 2 Di-VVCB

Who has the best Final ball in Football? - Page 2 Di-D3Y4

Who has the best Final ball in Football? - Page 2 Di-A7QI

Who has the best Final ball in Football? - Page 2 Di-C6BC

Who has the best Final ball in Football? - Page 2 Di-AUDR
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:07 am

Apart from CR7 or Higgy noone hardly makes the runs in RM anymore. Not fair tbh. Most of them just roam around waiting for a simple pass to build up the attack or usual linkup.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:19 am

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:
harhar11 wrote: Still final ball, but it does not count as a throughball.

Right, this thread is about final pass, not throughpass? A final pass is the pass that breaks the defence to assist a teammate right? what does it matter if it is a cross?

Indeed, this thread is about final ball, hence why I wrote "still a final ball", but jiopsi was talking about throughballs. So the .gif he posted was relevent to the thread but not to conversation that jiopsi had..

Edit: guys cant you post the gifs in spoilers? Otherwise it gets a little bit laggy...

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:18 am

jiopsi wrote:
Mamad wrote:here Jiopsi unlike you ( having every second of Messi playing ) i don't have anything from Ozil these are from 2 youtube videos i just downloaded
And you needed to take them from last season. If we are going that route you are loosing and badly. Messi did tougher throughballs, and he did those three times more than Ozil last season. Crosses are crosses, they vary tremendously and do not give always 1on1 possibility for attacker, they are not always final balls, and they are rather straightforward and easier to do as you only need to take account the place where you drop your cross. Throughballs needs the maximum vision, the maximum skill and the serenity to wait the open door to pass. And Messi has easily the best vision and skill to do those. Messi isn't even full fledged midfielder and he still produces more ridiculous throughballs than Özil. It isn't a contest really.

lol no. i said i don't have any Ozil vid. i just downloaded 2 random youtube vids for those gifs. if i had all of Ozil's matches i could post 50 of them. but i don't. i will download more youtube vids btw.....

and final ball isn't just through ball.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:50 am

Mamad wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
lol no. i said i don't have any Ozil vid. i just downloaded 2 random youtube vids for those gifs. if i had all of Ozil's matches i could post 50 of them. but i don't. i will download more youtube vids btw.....

Two random videos? Funny guy. Laughing

With all the matches sure, I could post couple hundred from Messi. You could post 26 (League + UCL) throughballs from last season, I could post 69 for Messi. Throughball is always a final ball, usually the best final ball there is requiring on average the highest amount of skill and vision.

Messi 21 assists last season La Liga + UCL, Özil 20. And that even playing with off form and half a year injured Villa, injury prone new boy Sanchez, Fabregas who didn't score after January, Pedro who was jumping between off form and injury, and B-team stars like Tello and Cuenca.

Compared to Özil who could feed the hot form Cronaldo+Higuain+Benzema trio.

Now that isn't a fair contest. Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:30 am

jiopsi wrote:
Mamad wrote:
jiopsi wrote:

With all the matches sure, I could post couple hundred from Messi. You could post 26 (League + UCL) throughballs from last season, I could post 69 for Messi. Throughball is always a final ball, usually the best final ball there is requiring on average the highest amount of skill and vision.

Messi 21 assists last season La Liga + UCL, Özil 20. And that even playing with off form and half a year injured Villa, injury prone new boy Sanchez, Fabregas who didn't score after January, Pedro who was jumping between off form and injury, and B-team stars like Tello and Cuenca.

Cant agree with you on that...

Here are some example of that...

Nr 4,3 and 1 are throughballs but not a final pass..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:36 am

harhar11 wrote:
Cant agree with you on that...

Here are some example of that...

Nr 4,3 and 1 are throughballs but not a final pass..
Yeah, you are right on that. There is also a quality difference on throughballs, if it's given to wings or to center, requiring usually more precision to evade defenders. From center it's attackers responsibility to score, on the wings it's attackers responsibility to score or to pass, if you are too far on goal.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:40 am

jiopsi wrote:
Mamad wrote:
jiopsi wrote:

Look at the mark on gifs you smartass actually they are from 1 vid lol.

now we are talking about all assists? can you give me their assist numbers? whole career.

Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:48 am

Mamad wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
Mamad wrote:
jiopsi wrote:

Look at the mark on gifs you smartass actually they are from 1 vid lol.

now we are talking about all assists? can you give me their assist numbers? whole career.

One video or one game? Are you drunk? Laughing

I think this thread is about form of current players, and last season is the latest full sample from the players.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:20 am

What are you talking about? i said one vid. you are the high one it seems lol.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:25 am

Mamad wrote:What are you talking about? i said one vid. you are the high one it seems lol.
First you said two vids, then one vid? And who the hell cares if it's one vid or two vids, if it's a compilation video of passes in multiple games. Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:26 am

Messi, Mata, Ozil and Fabregas assist stats ( whole career both NT and club ) :

1- Ozil : 244 Starts - 111 Assists = 0.45 Assist per game
2- Fabregas : 348 Starts - 121 Assists = 0.35 Assist per game
3- Mata : 215 Starts - 75 Assists = 0.35 Assist per game
4- Messi : 346 Starts - 103 Assits = 0.30 Assist per game
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:31 am

jiopsi wrote:
Mamad wrote:What are you talking about? i said one vid. you are the high one it seems lol.
First you said two vids, then one vid? And who the hell cares if it's one vid or two vids, if it's a compilation video of passes in multiple games. Laughing

I downloaded 2 vids and i made some gifs from them but i didn't post about 2-3 of them. now im actually looking it seems all assists i posted are all from one of the vids. the mark on gifs shows it clearly. hard to understand? Laughing . and when actually i said one GAME???

Ofcourse it's a compilation. but its just some of his passes. not accurate. if you have all his games your result will be 4x better.

Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:35 am

Mamad wrote:Messi, Mata, Ozil and Fabregas assist stats ( whole career both NT and club ) :

1- Ozil : 244 Starts - 111 Assists = 0.45 Assist per game
2- Fabregas : 348 Starts - 121 Assists = 0.35 Assist per game
3- Mata : 215 Starts - 75 Assists = 0.35 Assist per game
4- Messi : 346 Starts - 103 Assits = 0.30 Assist per game
And that even without being a midfielder from the start, whos job is always to create. Add that to 82 goals that Messi has scored after having linked up with a team mate.

(103+82) / 346 = 0,53 goals per game created by passing > Özil's 0.45.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:37 am

lol wut?
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:39 am

Mamad wrote:
jiopsi wrote:

I downloaded 2 vids and i made some gifs from them but i didn't post about 2-3 of them. now im actually looking it seems all assists i posted are all from one of the vids. the mark on gifs shows it clearly. hard to understand? Laughing . and when actually i said one GAME???

Ofcourse it's a compilation. but its just some of his passes. not accurate. if you have all his games your result will be 4x better.

Who cares, I can post more ridiculous passes from Messi than you can ever find for Özil, because Messi have made more of those.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:40 am

Mamad wrote:lol wut?
Drink less, think more.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:43 am

Özil has 100 assists in 259 games, 0,39 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesut_%C3%96zil
Messi has 107 assists in 340 games, 0,31 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lionel_Messi

Where the hell did you pull your stats? Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:24 am

Drink less, think more.

Says who Laughing .

Özil has 100 assists in 259 games http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesut_%C3%96zil
Messi has 107 assists in 340 games http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lionel_Messi

seriously? you get all your stats from wikipedia? Laughing

from here :

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/45843/lionel-messi?cc=5739
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/84775/mesut-%C3%B6zil?cc=5739
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/38886/francesc-f%C3%A1bregas?cc=5739
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/103025/juan-manuel-mata-garc%C3%ADa?cc=5739

Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:34 am

Mamad wrote:
Drink less, think more.

Says who Laughing .

Özil has 100 assists in 259 games http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesut_%C3%96zil
Messi has 107 assists in 340 games http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lionel_Messi

seriously? you get all your stats from wikipedia? Laughing

from here :

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/45843/lionel-messi?cc=5739
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/84775/mesut-%C3%B6zil?cc=5739
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/38886/francesc-f%C3%A1bregas?cc=5739
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/103025/juan-manuel-mata-garc%C3%ADa?cc=5739

Wikipedia quotes stats from the same place. Laughing

After Özil 08-09 and Messi 10-11 became creative powerhouses:

Messi 58 assists / 126 games = 0,46 assists per game
Özil 94 assists / 207 games = 0,45 assists per game

But none of this matters, as last year Messi had 29 with worse forwards, and Özil 24 with great forwards. So currently Messi > Özil.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:41 am

I see, we should do it from when you say and how you say and from what source you say so Messi somehow gains better stats? Sir i have to say you are the best debater and your logic is brilliant.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next