Great Leader Sprucenuce
BarrileteCosmico
The Franchise
messixaviesta
Khaled
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Official: THIAGoOoOoOo Renews Until 2015 :D:D - Page 2 Empty Re: Official: THIAGoOoOoOo Renews Until 2015 :D:D

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:57 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Another example of renewing to sell: Aguero renewed during the 2010-11 season, increasing his wages from 4 to 7 million per year, but lowering his buy-out clause from 60M to 45M. The intention was to sell during the 2011 summer.

True but it wasn't in the same summer at least. Besides going by that logic we don't intend to sell because we have increased Thiago's release clause big time. Smile

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Official: THIAGoOoOoOo Renews Until 2015 :D:D - Page 2 Empty Re: Official: THIAGoOoOoOo Renews Until 2015 :D:D

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:02 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
I'm not saying we will sell him, I'm merely pointing out that there is a precedent for selling in spite of renewals. I don't think Thiago will be sold, but to think that he is now bound to the club is a bit silly in my opinion. The football reasons have not changed at all. As it stands, if Cesc comes Thiago will not play, if Cesc doesn't come Thiago will play, and he knows that.

Agreed alfred. He is not bound to the club. I am only happy because we are safe for this summer which is not a small thing if you have followed all the really scary rumors. Also Fabregas is 99% likely to come. Thiago and his entourage surely have more inside information than us. They are mentally prepared for life with Cesc. I don't know what kind of assurances he has been given but it must have been something. We know he is not as unassuming as Bojan and would have argued his case strongly. In spite of all this he agreed to renew instead of waiting and watching. That means he really sees a future for himself here or at the very least is willing to let one more season pass to see where things stand. The bottom line is that the problem may not have been solved but it's been deferred for one year at least. I have to say it was a very good move by the club and gives us all peace of mind for now.

BTW another scary rumor was clubs like Chelsea offering E30m for David Villa. Thankfully it's cooled down a little during the last couple of days. Villa has said his possibilities of leaving are not even rumors but downright lies. Smile

Now we are waiting for Abidal's renewal. It doesn't seem a problem with money or length of contract. Rather Abidal just wants to convince himself that he will be able to meet the terms of the contract from a physical point of view and put his signature only after that.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:08 am

ChollaVille wrote:Cesc who?

You may not be able to say that after one week has passed.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:45 am

Guys, as I said in another thread, let’s not condemn Thiago’s future in the club because of Cesc imminent arrival.
The most probable outcome is Keita to get less playing time which is fine by me

Cesc and Thiago could very well be the next Xaviesta.

Yes, I’m that optimistic :p
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:04 pm

Minutes starter and sub.

In La liga------------------ Champions League

Xavi: 2542------------------ Xavi: 991
Iniesta: 2893----------------Iniesta: 930
Keita: 1635 -----------------Keita: 460
Thiago: 660-----------------Thiago: 90

I would like someone to explain about minutes will look with Cesc and Thaigo in the first team next season?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:47 pm

Realistically I expect Iniesta to have the most playing time followed by Xavi with reduced time and more rest (which is a good thing).
I see Thiago getting maybe double the time he had and fabregas taking most of Keita’s time…
let’s wait and see, in Pep we trust, etc, etc
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:53 pm

In 08/09 Pedro played 368 minutes in La Liga, in 09/10 he played 2123 minutes in La Liga.
In 10/11 Thiago played 668 minutes in La Liga, can we expect him to make a simar breakthrough?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:06 pm

dani, good question.

It is difficult which is why even if we forget all emotional considerations, we don't want Fabregas to arrive. It means either Thiago suffering from lack of playing time or Iniesta being asked to play further forward - maybe even both.

However if we must make something out of it then I agree with billy to a large extent. Cut down Iniesta's and Xavi's minutes to give them rest in not so important games. In every game at least one of them can be substituted with say fifteen minutes remaining. Fabregas starts those games when one of the maestros rest, is the first backup for any absences of either and often comes on as a substitute. Thiago is used a substitute in every alternate game at least and gets to start once in a while at least in the Copa and a few other matches. Keita never gets to start and is only brought on when there is a need for more pressing and physicality. He is told that right now so that he is under no delusions. If he wishes to leave to play more we should wish him all the best. However this is just totally theoretical. What Pep will do is an entirely different matter. Problems of various kinds could arise but let's hope that doesn't happen.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:36 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:In 08/09 Pedro played 368 minutes in La Liga, in 09/10 he played 2123 minutes in La Liga.
In 10/11 Thiago played 668 minutes in La Liga, can we expect him to make a simar breakthrough?

In 09/10 Henry was f***ing hopeless and Bojan was injured and Pep doesn't like him.

In 11/12 will Xavi and Iniesta be hopeless? No. Don't expect miracles from Thiago just yet. He should get a decent amount of minutes though, fingers crossed.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:41 pm

Really? You think that between Iniesta's injury record and Xavi's advanced age he won't get plenty of chances to prove himself? I can easily see Thiago play around 1500-2000 minutes next year in La Liga.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:27 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:In 08/09 Pedro played 368 minutes in La Liga, in 09/10 he played 2123 minutes in La Liga.

I doubt it. Circumstances dictated Pedro having the space available for minutes.

I dont see how such circumstances can happen again.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:34 pm

messixaviesta wrote:dani, good question.

It is difficult which is why even if we forget all emotional considerations, we don't want Fabregas to arrive. It means either Thiago suffering from lack of playing time or Iniesta being asked to play further forward - maybe even both.

However if we must make something out of it then I agree with billy to a large extent. Cut down Iniesta's and Xavi's minutes to give them rest in not so important games. In every game at least one of them can be substituted with say fifteen minutes remaining. Fabregas starts those games when one of the maestros rest, is the first backup for any absences of either and often comes on as a substitute. Thiago is used a substitute in every alternate game at least and gets to start once in a while at least in the Copa and a few other matches. Keita never gets to start and is only brought on when there is a need for more pressing and physicality. He is told that right now so that he is under no delusions. If he wishes to leave to play more we should wish him all the best. However this is just totally theoretical. What Pep will do is an entirely different matter. Problems of various kinds could arise but let's hope that doesn't happen.

Will that really work? What if the game is still in the balance as say 1-1, 0-0...we still going to take Xavi/Iniesta off with 15 minutes left?

The other way, if the game is already won with 15 left, what will Thiago get out of 15 minutes with neither team trying?

Xavi and Iniesta, let say can get some rest every so often, how many games a season will that be? in 38 games, neither if fit will want to miss more then 5 each I would imagine. So 10 games for Fabregas as starter plus some desperation minutes here and there? Is that when Fabregas is happy with?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:44 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Will that really work? What if the game is still in the balance as say 1-1, 0-0...we still going to take Xavi/Iniesta off with 15 minutes left?

The other way, if the game is already won with 15 left, what will Thiago get out of 15 minutes with neither team trying?

Xavi and Iniesta, let say can get some rest every so often, how many games a season will that be? in 38 games, neither if fit will want to miss more then 5 each I would imagine. So 10 games for Fabregas as starter plus some desperation minutes here and there? Is that when Fabregas is happy with?

Spot on. I can't debate that. Even while writing all that I did feel this is theoretical funda that may not really work in practice. Such changes can be made only when the game is comfortably won. Maybe at times we can throw a midfielder for a defender but it all depends on whether we really need to chase the game. I didn't think of that point about the player not being helped by the team not trying but it's a very good point. All things considered this entire matter looks like we are asking for some amount of trouble. Let's see what actually happens.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:25 pm

Thiago with no. 4 on his shirt?

Official: THIAGoOoOoOo Renews Until 2015 :D:D - Page 2 7920728e54c38888b2953d88154fabcf
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2