VanDeezNuts
Dnmac4
Rev
Onyx
DuringTheWar
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cristiano ronaldo peak years? Empty Cristiano ronaldo peak years?

Post by DuringTheWar Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:56 pm

What do you reckon were his best years of performance, his time at man utd? the last few years at real madrid? or do you think hes still getting better?
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Cristiano ronaldo peak years? Empty Re: Cristiano ronaldo peak years?

Post by Onyx Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:00 pm

The last few years at Real Madrid.

However he was better at dribbling etc at Man Utd imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:04 pm

Think he's a prime example of a player being able to adjust to various systems and styles of play.

I think everyone agrees that during his Man Utd days he was more flash than end product but his final 2 years gave us an indication on what kind of player he can become in the future.

4 years down the road, and Ronaldo's become the focal point of a team with buckets of potential and talent.

His game revolves more on off the ball movement,link-up play and him running between channels and causing havoc by dragging players out of their positions.

My final verdict is that while this Ronaldo's more mature and content with NOT hugging the ball for so long while being more of a team player, a bit of me misses the Ronaldo who used to torment fullbacks and did those cheeky little tricks which usually proved fruitless anyway. Laughing
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:37 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:The last few years at Real Madrid.

However he was better at dribbling etc at Man Utd imo.

It's easier to dribble at EPL fullbacks then La Liga fullbacks. EPL like big strong good in the air defenders because that is the type of play they defend against.

La Liga likes technical fullbacks who can dribble and take on someone else who is a great dribbler because there are tons of players in La Liga who can dribble people out of there shoes.

One defender is not better then the other it's just one league values different skills over the other league and it just so happens that La Liga is used to take on good dribblers where as the EPL has to face more brute force, shoulder to shoulder challenges and challenges in the air so they need bigger less agile defenders.

HE still has the same skills but different parts of his game or more effective in LA Liga because of the defending and he's a smart player so there is no need to drible at players he knows are harder to beat.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:22 pm

its tough to say what his peak years are. is he a better player for scoring more goals or for being more involved in the buildup play like he was with united?

2 very different styles of play when you compare his years at united and years at madrid. thats why its difficult to say when his peak is.

if i HAD to make a choice id say his last few years at madrid.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:35 pm

Man U ones

the young more selfish cristiano would be nasty in this madrid, he had the guts to take 2 and 3 players
as much as i agree that la liga's defenders are harder to break that much i believe he has lost his flashiness too & forgot how to dribble
im almost certain he'll not be much different if it is for him to play in EPL right now.
we cant basically conclude that this ronaldo,"the more mature one" is more effective than the old more selfish one..
what he did achieve with madrid and still does should not be compared with his man u years, different team different league, now he gets more support and more chances for prominence than back in the days were he should fight for it from start to end.

madrid's dominance is the main reason for his current designation. in my opinion the old cristiano could challenge todays messi as an equal
cause atm its not that he chooses to be a team player but rather him not being able to do anything more by himself other than deadly long shots and headers so he decides to play it simple and let others do the hard stuff aka what messi can do and still does

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:39 pm

this season is his peak. i didnt watch him at M.U but i think he was an immature player with many useless tricks. At La Liga he learned many things, how to touch the ball how to pass how to be a team player how to link up. He learned many things from Messi. You can not dribble much using speed in La Liga thats why he looks worse dribbler. I think this season is his peak
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:40 pm

Ninis you have no clue what you're talking about. Yeah Cristiano of 2006 is better than 158 goals in 154 games Cristiano.

Give me a break.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:41 pm

billionmillion wrote:this season is his peak. i didnt watch him at M.U but i think he was an immature player with many useless tricks. At La Liga he learned many things, how to touch the ball how to pass how to be a team player how to link up. He learned many things from Messi. You can not dribble much using speed in La Liga thats why he looks worse dribbler. I think this season is his peak

> Says he hasn't watched Ronaldo at Man Utd.

> Talks about the areas in which Cristiano improved his game.

Is everyone high today or something?

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:58 pm

yes

those goals are mostly cause of the team's effort which mostly doesnt start from his feet rather only end on them
he has the talent to position him self the best way to score and exploits what the team can offer
but he no more has the talent to be included in the final third build up, being the definite player.
he scores long shots,headers, assist a couple and do simple passes
things he could do at manchester but wasnt as successful cause he didnt have similar support,
thing is then he had the choice to destory defences and be unpredictable spreading chaos to his opponents and options to his teammates now he can only expect from his teammates

edit: also im not generally saying that when he was young he was better than what he is now rather if he grew up with the same perspective of his man u days he would become better than he is at the moment,
so maybe i expressed my self wrongfully in the first place

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:18 pm

I cant believe the obsession people have with flashiness and fancy dribbling tricks. ronaldo of madrid is by far better than what he was at united

better goal scorer, more intelligent, mature, less selfish ,knows how to use his skills etc etc, how is this even a question really
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:36 pm

IMO he is still getting better, he won't lose his pace until 31-32, btw he will be 28 when this season ends, I think 2013-2014 will be his peak year. As long as Messi will be at the highest level, he will be too.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:48 pm

Kizu wrote:IMO he is still getting better, he won't lose his pace until 31-32, btw he will be 28 when this season ends, I think 2013-2014 will be his peak year. As long as Messi will be at the highest level, he will be too.
Ronaldo has a heart like Puyol but if he keeps up his ability his body will give out and he will be injured alot in his older days.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:51 pm

Some people will say at Man U was his best years but that is for 2 reasons, he was a little more flashy and less clinical.

That is reason one, the same reason you will see some Barca and other fans say Ronaldinho in his prime was better then Messi which just is not true, yes he was flashy and amazing but he never had the skill to score 70 and assist 30 in a season. Bottom line he was amazing and one of the best players I have ever seen but Messi is just better.

And the second reason is because for 2 years there even the third when he got beat by Barca in the CL final he was considered hands down the best player in the world and there wasn't much of an argument.

After that CL final it has been Messi's title as the best player in the world and when he started his Madrid career for the first two years people watched him and his teams just get torn apart by Messi and Barca when at Man U you never really saw that until that CL final when MEssi shot the crown off his head and never gave it back.

But he has done the smart thing and made himself less flashy and more clinical a step Ronaldinho and many others couldn't take since he's been at Madrid so I would have to say his Madrid days are his best years it's just that he's competing against what other MANAGERS are calling an Alien in Messi and something we may never see again for another 20-30 years.

It's not his fault Messi came along and was brought up in the perfect system but never the less he still has to deal with it.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:54 pm

he cant be more selfish cause he will fail, he is as selfish as he can be with the skills he has left, trying countless shots no matter the range.
he is mature obviously since he is older and he is a better goalscorer cause of the team he plays in
do you even think he would score the same ammount at manchester right now?

this cristiano is exactly what he was at man u with less skills on the ball except shooting and improved skills off the ball,
he developed new skills and lost others
but he is getting far more chances to score here than he ever got at man u

i reckon if that cristiano of manchester played right now for madrid he would do wonders as well after 1 or 2 years in the club with the team revolving arroung him
but he would be closer to messi than he is now cause he would have succeeded in other aspects of the game
and not only scoring goals

Dnmac4 wrote:
But he has done the smart thing and made himself less flashy and more clinical a step Ronaldinho and many others couldn't take since he's been at Madrid so I would have to say his Madrid days are his best years it's just that he's competing against what other MANAGERS are calling an Alien in Messi and something we may never see again for another 20-30 years.

he didnt have a choice, if he could do what he once was doing he would do it but he cant

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:07 pm

billionmillion wrote:. i didnt watch him at M.U but i --------

Say that again? And your making assumptions?

Also, you do not lose dribbling skill. Please, if anyone has played football, they will know that is bull. What he did to man city over and over again showed the difference the way both leagues defend.

Donuts wrote:
Kizu wrote:IMO he is still getting better, he won't lose his pace until 31-32, btw he will be 28 when this season ends, I think 2013-2014 will be his peak year. As long as Messi will be at the highest level, he will be too.
Ronaldo has a heart like Puyol but if he keeps up his ability his body will give out and he will be injured alot in his older days.

I disagree, ronaldo's fitness trainer said he can play at the top level until 38. now granted this may not mean that he will stay at his peak until 38, but he is a superb athlete, much like dani alves or zanetti
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:26 pm

I prioritize effectiveness over flashiness or trickery. so if i had to choose one i'd pick Real Madrid's Ronaldo.

Since his debut in La Liga he has matured in many aspects.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:54 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:
billionmillion wrote:. i didnt watch him at M.U but i --------

Say that again? And your making assumptions?

Also, you do not lose dribbling skill. Please, if anyone has played football, they will know that is bull. What he did to man city over and over again showed the difference the way both leagues defend.

Donuts wrote:

I disagree, ronaldo's fitness trainer said he can play at the top level until 38. now granted this may not mean that he will stay at his peak until 38, but he is a superb athlete, much like dani alves or zanetti
How many times are Fitness couches correct? you cannot use that as a source lol, the same was said of Ronaldo the Brazilian before injuries.
Anything can happen fitness wise a lot of luck is involved.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:06 pm

Exactly though, how will you know ronaldo's body will fail on him?
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:12 pm

I dont think age is a factor for a player like CR7.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:13 am

Donuts wrote:

How many times are Fitness couches correct? you cannot use that as a source lol, the same was said of Ronaldo the Brazilian before injuries.

Cristiano ronaldo peak years? 66422763

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:36 am

After zealous comment the thread should be done. How is Ronaldo doing 1000 step overs a game in united better then Ronaldo scoring for fun at Madrid. Remember kids football is about goals not stepovers! Jesus Christ!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:41 am

I find it funny how 16 year olds pretend they saw Ronaldo at man utd. I doubt any 12-13 year old kids analyze the way a player plays ultimate fail and back to the sandbox you go!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:15 am

vanDEEZ wrote:
Donuts wrote:

Cristiano ronaldo peak years? 66422763
:'( iPhone auto correct strikes again
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:49 am

lol just joking mate.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next