Gerrard: "If it wasn't for Chelsea and Man City I'd have 2 or 3 league titles now"

+16
Swanhends
Sushi Master
McAgger
Red Alert
RedOranje
RED
Bellabong
EL Patron
RealGunner
urbaNRoots
Gil
Lex
Die Borussen
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Onyx
Blue Barrett
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gerrard: "If it wasn't for Chelsea and Man City I'd have 2 or 3 league titles now" Empty Gerrard: "If it wasn't for Chelsea and Man City I'd have 2 or 3 league titles now"

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:01 pm

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/275250/Liverpool-ace-Steven-Gerrard-If-it-wasn-t-for-Chelsea-City-I-d-have-a-league-title/

Waaaah waaaaah waaaaah

Gerrard: "If it wasn't for Chelsea and Man City I'd have 2 or 3 league titles now" Wambulance

By the way, how on earth have City denied Liverpool a league title? Were Liverpool somehow contenders last year that I didn't know about? hmm
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Gerrard: "If it wasn't for Chelsea and Man City I'd have 2 or 3 league titles now" Empty Re: Gerrard: "If it wasn't for Chelsea and Man City I'd have 2 or 3 league titles now"

Post by Onyx Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:03 pm

Because Chelsea and Man City have been bought which allowed them to buy big players.

Otherwise Liverpool could of won one maybe.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Gerrard: "If it wasn't for Chelsea and Man City I'd have 2 or 3 league titles now" Empty Re: Gerrard: "If it wasn't for Chelsea and Man City I'd have 2 or 3 league titles now"

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:06 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Because Chelsea and Man City have been bought which allowed them to buy big players.

Otherwise Liverpool could of won one maybe.
Only time they even came close to winning the league in the past decade is 2009 Laughing

Silly comment really.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:08 pm

Stupid comment really, if it wasn't for Man Utd we would have won the premier league probably 3 or 4 times since the early 90s.

By that logic.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:09 pm

he deserves a league title :/

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:11 pm

Other teams would have won titles before Liverpool had it not been for Cashsea and Monopoly City
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:13 pm

Sums up that lot.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:19 pm

Great player, but my oh my he really isn't that bright is he?

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:20 pm

Everyone has it's own brain fart moments lol

I think this was Gerrard's one.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:21 pm

Red Called it
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:24 pm

Oh my god, i don't even know where to begin rofl
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:25 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Everyone has it's own brain fart moments lol

I think this was Gerrard's one.

One? LOL

or are we forgetting that Cole is better than Messi?

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:47 pm

Home draws. Skrtl at rightback. Fergie time.

That's why you don't have a league title stevie.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:54 pm

Dumbass logic. He somehow forgot about United. They've only finished ahead of us once in the last 20 years. smh!
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:29 am

It's quite obvious from the comments in this thread that most of you haven't actually read the actual interview before posting.

RealGunner wrote:Red Called it

Many posters on this forum are nothing if not predictable in their oversimplifications and reactions.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:41 am

That's taken way out of context.

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard knows time is running out for him to end his career-long search for a league title but remains hopeful it is not an impossible quest.

The 32-year-old is confident he will play on beyond the end of his current contract, which expires at the end of next season, but accepts factors are loaded against him to win the championship.

Gerrard said: "I'm not really one who looks back, I look forward, and I am never going to give up fighting for the title. But I'm realistic about where the team is at the moment and how much hard work and improvement needs to be done if we are to compete for it. Have I got the time on my side? No. Is it impossible? No."

He added: "I know I am good enough to play in a side to win the league and I know I am a good enough player to win the league but sometimes stuff is out of your control."

Gerrard has been at Liverpool since the age of nine and although he had offers to leave - twice turning down Chelsea - he has remained loyal to Liverpool, a decision for which he has been criticised.

"I have no regrets over the decisions I have made," said the England international at the launch of his new book My Liverpool Story.

"I am really happy I stayed. I am the captain of the club I love and this club means more to me than any other club out there.

"Of course I'd love a Premier League winner's medal and that may have happened if I'd moved clubs but would that league title mean as much to me as the other trophies I've won here? No - fact."

Since Liverpool ran United so close in 2009 in the Premier League title race the club's fortunes have taken a significant dip, having finished seventh, sixth and eighth. That combined with the emergence of other clubs has made the Reds' task of regaining a top-four spot, never mind challenging for the title, even more difficult.

"It is no good us worrying about the power of Chelsea and Manchester City," said Gerrard. "But there is no two ways about it, if there was no Roman Abramovich (Chelsea owner) or the guy (Sheikh Mansour) who bought Manchester City I'd have two or three league titles sitting here now."

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/national-sport/2012/10/03/gerrard-title-not-impossible-dream-100252-31960814/#ixzz28NQC3D5m
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:46 am

I'm not surprised none of the guys that commented on this thread read the actual article Laughing

Only in GL Razz
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:03 am

he still said whats in the headline of the op anyways so its really irrelevant tbh.

in anycase hes wrong, since city became legit liverpool have not been title challengers and since chelsea came along united have always been above them.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:10 am

I think Gerrard meant that had Chelsea and City not been bought by oil tycoons they'd be around Spurs, Newcastle, Everton good not where they are now. So basically that would've left only United and Arsenal to fight with for the title, and rationally that would've increased our chances to around %33 to win it every season. And Torres would still be with us if Cheslea wasn't rich Sad . We were also strongly linked with Silva and Mata, don't forget that. So basically without Chelsea and City, Liverpool would be one of the more attractive places for players to go to. I agree with Stevie :coffee:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:43 am

No way he'd have league titles, although CL football would be a different matter.

If Newcastle would have permitted it pirat
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:49 am

He's referring to the spending power increasing overall player prices and wages, thus pricing Liverpool out of realistically being challengers. Chelsea and City are simply examples of that. In that sense, he's very much correct.

Again, it's worth reading the actual interview before jumping in.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:57 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:he still said whats in the headline of the op anyways so its really irrelevant tbh.

in anycase hes wrong, since city became legit liverpool have not been title challengers and since chelsea came along united have always been above them.

agreed...it really wasnt taken very far out of context at all
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:26 pm

Sensational assists for a player who is a "tactical donkey", "finished", "done at top level", etcc

Gerrard: "If it wasn't for Chelsea and Man City I'd have 2 or 3 league titles now" 12489108394_0df228b753_o

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:30 pm

You win the "GIF posted in a thread that has nothing to do with the title " award
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:33 pm

Stop bumping threads u pos.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next