Red Alert
Kick
Art Morte
mr-r34
McAgger
19 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* - Page 7 Empty Re: Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond*

Post by iftikhar Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:40 am

Art Morte wrote:Apparently he's anyway an injury doubt for the Villa game, so he'll probably not start that one in any case.

If he starts against Chelsea away in the League Cup, their fans are going to give him so much 'banter' for the slip, btw.
Somehow I feel that's only going to turn him on Molenation .

iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* - Page 7 Empty Re: Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond*

Post by mr-r34 Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:40 pm

Man his been copping that banter at nearly every game anyways, i remember some scrub team we vsed in our current little run was singing about it.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:28 pm

I think the reality of Gerrard leaving us is starting to sink in and I've been a bid sad the last few days thinking about it. Most notably when seeing people posting line-ups for the LA Galaxy including him in the midfield.

This is not going to get any easier, is it?
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:39 pm

For me it will only start next season when, game after game, I will glance at the team-sheet and start pondering why heck Gerrard isn't there before realizing...
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:38 pm

mr-r34 wrote:Man his been copping that banter at nearly every game anyways, i remember some scrub team we vsed in our current little run was singing about it.

I recall every single opponent in the 21 matchdays so far singing about it.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:36 pm

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* - Page 7 Liverpool-v-Chelsea

Molenation
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:42 pm

Molenation Proud :wub: :bow:
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:01 pm

Also:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jose-mourinho-did-everything-take-8470684

“We did everything. It was almost there. But the decision for me was proven right because he will be always a red forever. Gerrard’s people were open to it and the feeling to join a top side like Chelsea, I think the feeling was there but to me personally he never said “I will go”.’

“I love these quotes when he (Gerrard) was saying that in this life he would never score against Liverpool. I love those words. I understand why he was almost, almost coming to Chelsea. But he didn't and I respect that.”

Of the 'Gerrard slip' chant, started by his own club's fans but picked up on my most others, Mourinho added: “He’s a historic player for Liverpool, a historic player for the Premier League. He’s an opponent I always admired and respected. There is a song that my fans have that I don’t like at all.

“A couple of times it’s good fun but to go and go and go, especially when a player like him deserves respect, we don’t need that. We have so many other songs, we don't need that one.”

Mourinho Molenation
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:14 am

How do you suppose Gerrard should be used during the crunch period??? This is how I feel:

27 Jan: Chelsea (Starts)
31 Jan: West Ham (h)
4 Feb: Bolton (away, cup)
7 Feb: Everton (Starts)
10 Feb: Tottenham (h)
14-15 Feb: FA Cup 5th round???
19 Feb: Besiktas (Starts)
22 Feb: Southampton (a)
26 Feb: Besiktas (Starts)
1 March: Man City (Starts) OR League Cup Final
4 March: Burnley (h)

I might throw-in few substitute (15-30 mins) appearances as well. However, in all the games he would start, I expect him to be substituted around HT-60 mins.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:40 am

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* - Page 7 10427999_10200187233479350_1703592752544081416_n

Feel like someone ripping my heart out Sad Sad Sad
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:52 am

It was known how frustrated the captain was with the delay in being offered a deal and he has now delivered a warning to the club about ongoing contract talks with key members of Brendan Rodgers’ squad, especially Raheem Sterling and Jordan Henderson. He thinks the wait has gone on too long.
"They need to sign him (Raheem) now,” said Gerrard, in an interview with Sky Sports.
"He knows what I want him to do. Not just him, Jordan Henderson as well. When I was coming through at Liverpool, every time you got within a couple of years left your contract would be renewed and there would no worrying or panic stage but I see Henderson with a year left and I see Sterling - it is in the paper too much - and I know there is no smoke without fire.
"So, for me, the message to the club is to get these done sharpish because these are the future of the club and I want to watch this team do well, in cup finals and challenging for the league.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11395991/Steven-Gerrard-tells-Liverpool-Sort-Raheem-Sterling-and-Jordan-Henderson-futures-now.html

Gerrard not convinced by upper management. :X
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:44 am

It simply pains me to see how much he has regressed, physically & emotionally. Even his last Mersyside Derby couldn't fire him up.

I guess he gave so much last season to win his first Premier League, it drained him of the energy needed to be useful this season.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:11 am

I don't think he has regressed that much from last season, the difference is that he played a role last season - deep-lying midfielder - that suited his abilities and age. Now he is being put into a role that would suit a 10 years younger Gerrard and surprise surprise, it's not working out.

There's no starting spot for him in the 3-4-3, he should be used as a substitute.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:43 pm

I also dont think Gerrard is much different from last season. As Art said, the problem is that Gerrard doesnt suit to the current formation we are playing. Not offensively neither defensively. If you want to accommodate Gerrard, you need a different tactics and formation.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:52 pm

the difference is that he played a role last season - deep-lying midfielder - that suited his abilities and age.

the problem is that Gerrard doesn't suit to the current formation we are playing.

Didn't he play that (deep-lying midfield) position until we switched to 3-4-3 in December???
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:42 am

Should he start against Swansea???
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:01 pm

No!
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:36 pm

From Opta:

Liverpool's win percentage this season with Steven Gerrard starting in the side: 40%

Without Steven Gerrard starting in the side: 63%

Goals scored per game - with SG starting: 1.3 and without: 1.4

Goals conceded per game - with SG starting: 1.4 and without: 0.5
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:16 pm

I think everyone knew that removing Gerrard would vastly improve our goals against. He was being asked to play in a position deepest in the midfield, but offered no shield to the defence whatsoever. It also doesn't help that at the time our keeper was playing with 0 confidence, and had a bunch of blunders himself.

It's sad really, because Gerrard is an extremely intelligent player going forward he just doesn't seem to have that same intelligence or ability for defending.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:41 pm

El Cujo wrote:I think everyone knew that removing Gerrard would vastly improve our goals against. He was being asked to play in a position deepest in the midfield, but offered no shield to the defence whatsoever. It also doesn't help that at the time our keeper was playing with 0 confidence, and had a bunch of blunders himself.

It's sad really, because Gerrard is an extremely intelligent player going forward he just doesn't seem to have that same intelligence or ability for defending.
Not to mention, the other defenders were also clueless.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:26 pm

I don't like saying this and maybe I shouldn't, there's probably nothing to be gained here, but this guy is prone to some serious mistakes...

The slip last season, the red card today, the header at the World Cup last summer to put Suarez through, the assist to Henry... He's a legend, but I can't think of another player who has made so many major mistakes.

Feeling damn depressed thinking this is the memory he's leaving behind from his last derby against United. A silly stomp to get himself red carded within a minute. Fking sad, this.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:30 am

Will be good to read his book when he reveals all his thoughts about his last 1.5 years at LFC.

8 games left in the league, his gone for 2. Misses the blackburn game, so he might only have 6 games left with us.

So maybe 3-4 sub appearances left for him. End of an Era, such an ugly way to end his legacy. He meant so much to us, he didn't really deserve the last year or so, but he'll have to deal with that himself i guess.

Do you guys reckon in say 10 years time, if the 100PTSTK was re-done he'll still be first?
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:14 am

He'll be second after Lovren in 10 years imo.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:19 am

I didn't mean any current player, the list done back in 2013 has some massive bias as we probably all know most people who voted for him wouldn't of watched anyone back in our hay days, after he someone what leaves our mind in 10 years, can we look back at it objectively and say compare what Gerrard achieved against someone like Kenny.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:05 am

what marty said, seems all true but it is just difficult to accept it and connect it when I mention Gerrards name in any conversation

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:27 pm

Gerrard will be remembered for some of the best moments with Liverpool but also some of the worst. Sad But it makes sense. He's a lightning rod for drama.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum