Red Alert
Kick
Art Morte
mr-r34
McAgger
19 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* - Page 5 Empty Re: Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond*

Post by McAgger Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:16 am

Unbelievably, this is his second highest goal scoring league campaign of his career. And it's coming in a year where he's playing a DM/Regista. 3 more goals and he'll tie his highest tally in 08-09 with 16.

After today he's now scored the most penalties ever for Liverpool.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* - Page 5 Empty Re: Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond*

Post by mr-r34 Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:32 am

How good was the second peno when Stevie slotted it away exactly were the keeper told him to, them mind games.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:11 am

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* - Page 5 SLLq2CO
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:12 am

this player :bow: no words really Proud
the joy when he will overtake the GOD :bow:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:14 pm

McAgger wrote:Unbelievably, this is his second highest goal scoring league campaign of his career. And it's coming in a year where he's playing a DM/Regista. 3 more goals and he'll tie his highest tally in 08-09 with 16.

After today he's now scored the most penalties ever for Liverpool.

He's scored 10 penalties alone this season.  Laughing 

I think all but one (maybe 2?) of his goals this campaign have come from set pieces.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:48 pm

Red Alert wrote:Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* - Page 5 SLLq2CO

He is going to surpass Robbie 'the god' Fowler and will keep that 5th place for some time. Suarez, currently on 80 goals, will probably take three awesome seasons for succession.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:51 pm

Watching Gerrard take penalties is actually awesome. What a guy.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:25 pm

Red Alert wrote:
He's scored 10 penalties alone this season.  Laughing 

I think all but one (maybe 2?) of his goals this campaign have come from set pieces.

Actually of his 14 goals in all comps this season all have come from set pieces Proud

11 pens
2 free kicks
1 header from corner.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:12 pm

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* - Page 5 Bl7b-vkIMAAcgDk

Rob Jones ‏@RobjonesLFC2 Fantastic of Steven Gerrard to stop by the @lfc academy U13's to train them tonight! Inspiring next generation #lfc pic.twitter.com/nfufOIo8ab

I don't think it's possibly to love anyone as much as I love this man. Unhealthy love ffs.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:55 pm

Absolutely gutted for our captain. He deserves better...it's really heartwrenching if that slip will be the difference for the title.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:39 pm

I wonder if that slip is going to stay and haunt Gerrard if we don't win the title... to the point where it starts affecting his performances. I mean, all the talk about "Gerrard deserves the Premier League, will he get it before he retires". We saw his reaction after the City game, how much our title challenge means to him. The thought that he might have played such a big part in us losing it, I just wonder will it get to him. Are we going to see a big reaction from him at final whistle in the Newcastle game if we didn't win the title? Is he going to be thinking in his retirement years that "I lost the title for us, I could have won the Premier League but it was me who lost it". I dunno, just wondering, but I really feel for him.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:43 pm

I don't think anyone in the world has bigger balls of steel than our Captain. Obviously the slip is on his mind and will be until the title is decided. But when he steps on the pitch for the next two games I think he will play at a level that's gonna be even above what he's been playing. He will get us wins in these next two games and someone out there is going to do us a favor. He's getting his title one way or another this season.

The slip will be forgotten on May 11th. :coffee:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu May 15, 2014 1:30 pm

Sky Sports wrote:Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers admits that Steven Gerrard may need to think about whether he can continue playing for England next season.

The experienced midfielder turns 34 next month, and he will captain England at the 2014 World Cup finals.

Gerrard has thrived under his new deep-lying role for Liverpool under Rodgers, but with Champions League football next season - the Reds chief admits he is unsure about his skipper's workload.

"I just think he'll need to assess things after Brazil, as he'll be 34 then," said Rodgers after Liverpool's 4-0 friendly win over Shamrock Rovers in Dublin.

"He's been a brilliant captain for me, a great leader, a brilliant man. He'll arrive at the Champions League next season as one of the playmakers of the tournament.

"His condition is terrific. He's in every day like clockwork, he eats the right foods, body weight right on the money.

"Next season, there will be a big demand. If he comes and asks that, I'll give an opinion on it [but] I think it's a decision he has to make.

"He's a very clear vision of the game, and what he wants to do for Liverpool. He loves playing for England. He'll go and concentrate on England and we'll see what happens after that."

Obviously it would be better for Liverpool if he retired from internationals. However, if he performs well in Brazil and England have a good tournament, I think he would like to carry on playing for England. But it will be a big question for himself and Liverpool for sure.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:20 am

Just want to get a few peoples thoughts on a few things

1. How long do you reckon Gerrard will still be a starter in the DM role?
2. When do you give the armband to someone else in regards to Gerard not being a constant starter?
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:24 am

The WC holds absolutely zero meaning as to how Rodgers uses him. Woy is an idiot. Playing Gerrard in a double pivot is a recipe for disaster (something Rodgers learned in his first season).

I will say what I said before, Gerrard will be a starter for us until he retires. I don't see him playing a squad role, he's too great for that. Rodgers will tell him when he won't be a starter anymore and Stevie will retire.

Rodgers knows how to use him properly. I'm not worried. He had one of his best season with us in a very long time in this new regista role.

And thankfully he'll be retiring from England after this WC.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:53 am

Regardless of the WC, do people think Stevie can last 2 or 3 more seasons as a DM in our team?
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:08 am

Yes I think so. Definitely 2 more years.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:53 am

When does his contract ends!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:02 am

His contract ends after this season, I believe.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:26 am

Needs a massive pre-season break. Get over his groin injuries, he played way too much games for us last year. World Cup didn't come at the best time for him either. He should be only be playing one game a week next season (should of been the same last season and season before). He has to start to accept that he's going to get benched at times. This has nothing to do with the world cup; it's to do with his age and fitness. Manage him properly ffs.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:11 pm

Needs to be phased out starting from this season..
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:47 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:Needs to be phased out starting from this season..

A knee-jerk to his WC performances, he had a fantastic club season.

However... His WC games showed he has to be played exactly in the role he's playing for us now. No going around the fact he was poor in a midfield pivot for England. Also, a whopping big mistake from him... again... for Suarez's 2nd goal...

Anyway, I definitely fancy him to start every game he's fit for in 2014-15 as long as we stick with our system of last season.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:21 am

Proud plays exactly the same way as he did in his prime
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:08 pm

Gerrard has announced international retirement. I'm both happy and sad. Feeling like he could have achieved more with the NT - but on the other hand it feels it was the right time to do this.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:13 pm

I hope the fact he can now fully focus on Liverpool will motivate him further with the club. After what happened in the final games of last season, I was a little worried how it might impact him. Hopefully this international retirement has helped him to clear his thoughts and give his everything for Liverpool right in the present.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:08 pm

Love the man to death and sad that he didn't achieve something great with his nation. It clearly meant a lot to him.

But for selfish reasons it is about time if not a bit overdue. It was quite clear after both WC2010 and Euro 2012 that this generation was never going to win anything special. He could've even extended his career a bit with us maybe until 40ish, who knows, if he quit NT early.

But 114 caps Proud 3rd All time :bow: One of the longest serving captains as well I believe.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next