eelir
Harmonica
The Franchise
free_cat
The Sanchez
30 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

La Liga Round 6: Sevilla vs FC Barcelona - Page 2 Empty Re: La Liga Round 6: Sevilla vs FC Barcelona

Post by matpol Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:13 pm

Very poor performance by the team. Busquets was very bad, he played a lot average games lately, from the Osasuna game to tonight match. His turnover cost us a goal and he could get a red card for that foul on Cicinho. His 200 game in Barcelona shirt wasn't one to remember.

Sanchez = not good enough for Barca. We must cash in on him in the summer and recover some % of money we paid for him. Average player. I hope we will get 20 M for him. Maybe Milan, Inter will buy this flop? PSG? Liverpool?

Cesc was a MOM, I thought he would score today and silence his critics. Powerful shot, not stupid lobs = goal.

Lahoz was poor, he let some fouls go without blowing the whistle, red card for Medel was a joke TBH, there was a handball by Thiago, due to Lahoz refeering game was a mess.

Bittersweet feeling, we didn't deserve 3 points tonight, 1 point would be enough. With performances like that we won't win League and UCL. Luck will run out soon.

Villa :bow: Clinical finish. A question to you about him - if someone offer in the summer more than 20 M euros for him would you sell him due to the fact that he is on decline and after injury or keep him, renew his contract on less salary (he is earning now something like 7.5) and keep him in the team?

matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

La Liga Round 6: Sevilla vs FC Barcelona - Page 2 Empty Re: La Liga Round 6: Sevilla vs FC Barcelona

Post by Harmonica Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:18 pm

Cesc or Messi MoM, Villa also good. Everyone else in the shit list.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:21 pm

What a performance by Cesc. One of his best in the barcelona shirt. Sanchez poor once again....
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:21 pm

Xavi played average not shit, he held up cescs weight in the midfield luckily cesc finished today.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:23 pm

matpol wrote:Very poor performance by the team. Busquets was very bad, he played a lot average games lately, from the Osasuna game to tonight match. His turnover cost us a goal and he could get a red card for that foul on Cicinho. His 200 game in Barcelona shirt wasn't one to remember.

Sanchez = not good enough for Barca. We must cash in on him in the summer and recover some % of money we paid for him. Average player. I hope we will get 20 M for him. Maybe Milan, Inter will buy this flop? PSG? Liverpool?

Cesc was a MOM, I thought he would score today and silence his critics. Powerful shot, not stupid lobs = goal.

Lahoz was poor, he let some fouls go without blowing the whistle, red card for Medel was a joke TBH, there was a handball by Thiago, due to Lahoz refeering game was a mess.

Bittersweet feeling, we didn't deserve 3 points tonight, 1 point would be enough. With performances like that we won't win League and UCL. Luck will run out soon.

Villa :bow: Clinical finish. A question to you about him - if someone offer in the summer more than 20 M euros for him would you sell him due to the fact that he is on decline and after injury or keep him, renew his contract on less salary (he is earning now something like 7.5) and keep him in the team?

Mostly agree with you but, the Thiago handbal call was right. The ball hit Thiago's hand from behind, it could have not been intentional. Also, we weren't lucky during other games. Tito took charge changed tactics and won the games. The only problem we have is defense, otherwise we would have ruled this game tonight with either Pique or Puy at the back with Masche. And if we had both of them, i am sure we would destroy Sevila.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:25 pm

Donuts wrote:Xavi played average not shit, he held up cescs weight in the midfield luckily cesc finished today.
Xavi wasn't good, I didn't see single productive pass from him, and was doing wrong passes and losing the ball.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:28 pm

jiopsi wrote:
Donuts wrote:Xavi played average not shit, he held up cescs weight in the midfield luckily cesc finished today.
Xavi wasn't good, I didn't see single productive pass from him, and was doing wrong passes and losing the ball.
his one twos with Messi were great until Cesc showed up lol.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:45 pm

I thought that everyone was awful to average today, not a single player should blameless for this awful performances..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:10 am

Absolutely disgusted by how referees favour the big two in Spain. As if the other teams don't have enough troubles with a ridiculous TV right sharing policy already, but no, let's *bleep* them referee-wise too!

Another note, while Barcelona players are not aggressive players like Madrid are, the amount of play acting especially when the result doesn't go their way is shameful.

And next time someone says I'm *imagining* that Alex Songs gets out of position I'll hit the ignore button with pleasure. So shit that guy as a CB I would take even Bartra over him at a heartbeat.

Last thing, Barcelona don't look even close to their previous years' brilliance. They might have had the best start to the league in their history but they have had to scrape almost every 3 points. This team will start to choke soon, perhaps starting with the Madrid game.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:17 am

Dont act as if Sevilla didnt dive today, because lets be honest, remove fabregas act and you will not be able to come up with another Barca dive while Negredo was diving all over the place for Sevilla...

And dont forget that, I think last season, the ref disallowed a legal Messi freekick goal against sevilla in the first place for no reason at all and we ended up drawing that game. So its not that they favour the big 2, its just that they are awful.

Last edited by harhar11 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:21 am

danyjr wrote:Absolutely disgusted by how referees favour the big two in Spain. As if the other teams don't have enough troubles with a ridiculous TV right sharing policy already, but no, let's *bleep* them referee-wise too!

Another note, while Barcelona players are not aggressive players like Madrid are, the amount of play acting especially when the result doesn't go their way is shameful.

And next time someone says I'm *imagining* that Alex Songs gets out of position I'll hit the ignore button with pleasure. So shit that guy as a CB I would take even Bartra over him at a heartbeat.

Last thing, Barcelona don't look even close to their previous years' brilliance. They might have had the best start to the league in their history but they have had to scrape almost every 3 points. This team will start to choke soon, perhaps starting with the Madrid game.

Barca's most important players are in decline(Xavi and Puyol) so it's obvious.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by yoonie Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:49 am

I really thought Barcelona's clean sheet would end up in their 6th match... Still lucky i guess.. remarkable comebacks... But a very poor performance!
yoonie
yoonie
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:52 am

^ stop with this BS. i dont see Xavi declining he had great performance the match before this. he is same xavi

i'm also angry at referee. why dont you just give yellow
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:45 am

Medel is an idiot. I'm not saying he deserved a red, and the acting by Fab was just... :facepalm: , but you DON'T do that and not expect a card. Medel perhaps shouldn't have gotten a red but goddammit you do that you can get whatever is coming to you- it's his own retardedness that cost Sevilla, regardless of the refs decision.

The handball was unintentional, don't give me any BS about the way handling is dealt with in La Liga or whatever, it was unintentional, therefore, it is not a foul.

As for the performance, pretty much everyone was woefully average. Messi was awful this game until the end where he turned it up a notch and still managed to get 2 assists (that decisiveness...), Xavi was pretty meh, but had some neat passes and link up play, but failed to break down the Sevilla defense. Pedro worked hard but lacked the cutting edge, Song could be partially at fault for the first goal, and partially for the second, but I don't blame him wholly for either, he could have done much better with both though- poor. Busquets had his worst game for quite a while, Alba did well with Navas actually, Alves was awful for the first goal, but did ok in general.

Overall very poor. One bright spot was Fabregas, who was actually one of Barca's best players today. Was pretty meh as usual with passing and possession, but managed to create several scoring opportunities, and then bagged 2 himself. Was clinical and clutch for us today.

It's a game to forget, but we still came out with the 3 points. I don't care if you guys seem to not be happy with a win because of the ref or whatever, but i'm fking ecstatic. 3 points away to Sevilla after being down 2-0? I'll take that any day. 11 points over the Evil, F yeah.

Oh, and just because there was a bad red (which was really the only big favorable call for Barca), don't forget that the ref was also really bad for each side just in general. Remember that awful shove on Messi that should have been a free-kick and a yellow, right in front of the ref? See- you can point out things for either side.

Just enjoy the win ffs and stop worrying about the refs or Madrid fans. We're 11 points ahead right now, be happy.

I understand if you want to be sad about La Liga refs, however.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:33 am

Medel's heatbutt a disgraceful red? You guys just don't know the rules. Do you know that spitting on someone is a red card? Insulting someone is also a red card? Even "intenting" an agression is a red card. So obviously, an agression, even if small like Medel's is a VERY CLEAR RED CARD. So please, stop saying stupid things about this red card. The only stupid person was Medel to heatbutt Fabregas when his team was winning 2-0.

Thiago's handball is more debatable, as there is no clear rule. Some refs signal only intentional handballs, which it wouldn't be because it wasn't intentional, other refs signal every handball. So in the end, the right call it's what the ref calls. FIFA should really sort this out.

Song's game wasn't great, but how can someone blame him for the first goal? Blame Valdes for not stopping it or especially Alves, for letting 5 metres to a dude inside the area and afterwards chiken and avoid trying to block his shot. Very poor performance from Alves. Second goal was mostly due to Busquets mistake in the pass, but Song could have done more, although he risked a red card if he tackled strongly, so I think he made the right thing.

Very happy with the comeback. We might not be playing optimally, but I like comebacks, I like the fighting spirit we are showing and I like how easy we can score against park the bus teams when we need it.

Nice game from Cesc and Messi's final minutes were good too. How long will Alexis keep on playing without doing anything remarkable? I agree that we should cash in. If someone pays 20 or more, he should go and bring in Neymar + promote Deulofeu.

Oh, and I think we can win Madrid even with Mascherano + Song.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:09 am

Verypoor performance but these are the games which win leagues.I call these the Manchester United performances or champion performances.Play poorly and still win coming from behind.
I know Cesc scored a brace but I thought he was again poor.Main reason for our disjointed performance.As per norm didnt make himself available for a pass.
Messi was poor too.I think he is playing injured.I have forgotten the last time he dribbled.He has bascially stopped dribbling.Looks injured to me.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:16 am

Messi has dribbled 25 times this season in league, next best one Susaeta with 13.

La Liga Round 6: Sevilla vs FC Barcelona - Page 2 Di-NOHT
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:18 am

We played sevila away, without any CB and people still think it was a poor display. I really think that this team has set the bar so hight that some people here expect our players to split seas or walk on water. We had at least 4 awesome chances from a great plays in the first half. Sevila got 2 and made one happen. Why? because we had shit of a defense. I would not say we played bad, we just had no defense, and it is normal the whole team to suffer in such cases.

And shut up about luck (not personal to anyone just in general). we were lucky with ref this game (even though we have a pretty good case for Messi's penalty, but i digress). Yes we are letting goals go in, but as I said it is shitty defense. But we fight hard and turn around the games. Tito's subs hava made impact every time, so it is not a luck.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:03 am

free_cat wrote:Medel's heatbutt a disgraceful red? You guys just don't know the rules. Do you know that spitting on someone is a red card? Insulting someone is also a red card? Even "intenting" an agression is a red card. So obviously, an agression, even if small like Medel's is a VERY CLEAR RED CARD. So please, stop saying stupid things about this red card. The only stupid person was Medel to heatbutt Fabregas when his team was winning 2-0.

Thiago's handball is more debatable, as there is no clear rule. Some refs signal only intentional handballs, which it wouldn't be because it wasn't intentional, other refs signal every handball. So in the end, the right call it's what the ref calls. FIFA should really sort this out.

Song's game wasn't great, but how can someone blame him for the first goal? Blame Valdes for not stopping it or especially Alves, for letting 5 metres to a dude inside the area and afterwards chiken and avoid trying to block his shot. Very poor performance from Alves. Second goal was mostly due to Busquets mistake in the pass, but Song could have done more, although he risked a red card if he tackled strongly, so I think he made the right thing.

This. Didn't quote the rest as I hate these German style comebacks. Worst players for me were Valdes (first goal really was stoppable, he seemed to just lack belief he could stop it), Song (partly at fault for both goals, please tell me Puyi is back against Madrid), Alexis and Busi. Messi had a bad game too, showed some glimpses of brilliance early on in the combination and did provide two assists in the end, but the guy is not himself. He seems to be aware of this too, as the commentator mentioned he himself told the press he wasn't happy with his performance. I don't know what it is, maybe it has to do with the baby, but he needs to get his game face on against Madrid or else it'll become extra hard for us.

And puuuuuleeeaase no Song in defence. ktnxbai.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:10 am

Why don't you like comebacks?

Thats like saying you don't like your team to win in my eyes... Don't get it all.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:33 am

Well, I like the part of a comeback where we come back and grab the win obviously, but I much prefer us to play a great game in which we are clinical in front of goal. With these comebacks it is always a battle against the clock. I'm constantly getting more nervous as the game progresses, making hopefull assumptions with regards to the time we have left. I don't know, it's an adrenaline rush, but if I'd want a thrill I'll go watch a movie or ride on a rollercoaster or something. What I love most in football is great combinations and tactical positioning. I can also really enjoy goals and good defending. But a thrill isn't really what does it for me.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:15 am

all of a sudden people are so honest and mercyful that they hate to accept this kind of win.... but i prefer to accept this kind of luck(if u call it so) rather than crying when madrid receives similar favours. dont forget about last year and this year just started......

dont know how we can this performance so poor, when playing against a side which is so great and playing at home and just few weeks ago defeated current liga holder. our performance was ok vs such a side. we dominated the game, created many chances as well, dont forget two great saves from palop from messi's shot. It was really an entertaining game with attacks after attacks from both sides. I prefer to watch this kind of game(ofcourse with a win in the end) rather than winning 5-0 vs a weaker side.

Messi still having difficulty to find his form. I wish his bad patch will end soon. But still his appearance was decisive one way or other in every games though some people will always ignore that.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:48 am

If I had to choose between a game in which a team plays great and the other does not (and it's clear that the great playing team will win) versus a game with two teams playing equally crap but it's a toss-up who's going to win and both teams create a good amount of chances, I'd always choose the first game because I don't enjoy watching crappy football. It's not just about Barça, it's football in general. Don't get me wrong, if two teams are playing equally awesome and that in turn results in a more 'exciting' game, I consider the thrill to be an added bonus. But that is it, a bonus. For me it is about enjoying the play itself and not the thrill you could get from watching it. But I guess that's just something that differs from person to person.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:52 am

Some of the comments on here.....man...I expect it in the general, but here too? smh

Up untill the handball and red, has anyone bothered to note that the ref was clearly having a bad game and losing control? I dont know how many times our front 3 were brought down with no freekick given...it was getting obsurd.

As for the decisions, the handball was accidental, as in the ball went directly to his hand and not the other way around. Therefore, from all my experience in football, they generally arent fouls.

Medel red wasnt disgraceful at all. You cant do that in todays game...end of story. He barely touched him, we all know that and I dont like that such things are red cards because it was basically nothing. But in todays game, you cant do anything of the kind...the quicker people realise this the better.

As for the game, im siding along the line of alex today. Bad performance, but great comeback but importantly they are the games that you need to win titles. Last year we dropped points in games exactly like that.

Our defence is horrible...truly horrible. Alba is as inept defensively as he is good going forward, Valdes doesnt make any saves anymore, Mascherano has exactly 1 skill...tackling..while being below par in basically everything else and meanwhile Song clearly isnt a centerback defensively.

For the goals, Alves stopped the guy using his stronger right foot, which was correct. Alba didnt do this same thing and Negredo almost scored. However, to my surprise he didnt dive into block the shot which he usually does. He should of done that. Though Valdes to me should of done better also.

The 2nd, Busi simply cant lose the ball there. From there,, Song had to foul and get red or let him go..he did the wise thing.

The comeback was great. Cesc didnt play well fundementally but I was very happy with his drive and of course goalscoring. He was at least demanding the ball in counter attacks and was driving forward with it. His play before his goal, especially in terms of moving into correct position wasnt great but he more than made up for it.

Messi and basically everyone else wasnt good. Soon will come the time to question when or even if Messi will return. Anyone who cant see his bad play is clearly decieving himself.

All for Villa, I couldnt be more happy for the guy. I celebrated something like he did in my avatar when he scored that goal.

I should also add, 3313 with a number 9 looks to be an excellent idea when we are looking for a win.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:56 am

Song is seriously the definition of a square peg in a round hole atm...

Give Bartra a go ffs... I would play him in UCL, don't even care about inexperience.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:07 am

But do you get where I'm coming from Kizz? It's not the sole fact that we were able to make the comeback. That is great. Like Dani said, we dropped points last year because we weren't able to do this. But the nerves that come with the comeback isn't something I enjoy as much. I was still jumping up and down in front of the tv when Villa scored his goal. Wink

I will attend the game against Celtic in a few weeks. I've seen my fair share of La Liga matches in Camp Nou but this will be my first CL. Hopefully it will be my fav. kind of game, with good play from both sides.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next