Chelsea Vs Juve

+13
lszanto
Halfsharkgator
Valkyrja
inderbaby
Ganso
Shed
Blue Barrett
DidierDrogba11
7amood11
Abramovich
Cotes
iNFINITY9910
Kick
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Chelsea Vs Juve - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea Vs Juve

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:46 pm

Mikel was having a fantastic game until that brain dead moment. Overall, I'm happy with the way we played. Things I liked:

- Everyone was closing up and pressing the Juve players. We always play like shit when we don't do that. This also lets us recover the ball faster.

- Quick passing. Was a beauty to watch Oscar and Hazard passing with Torres. Thought Luiz played well too. When Mata came on, he seamlessly joined in the fluid passing. Loved that.

- We didn't panic in defence. I like it when we defend without scrambling all over the place(Super Cup) like headless chickens.



What I didn't like:

- Those moments of laziness. Those moments produced the goals for Juventus. We could have gotten all three points.

- Ivanovic was so shit at RB it was unbelievable. Maybe play Azpi on saturday?

- Should have brought Sturridge on. Who knows, we could have gotten a winner(and my prediction could have looked better Sad)


Overall, great game to watch for a neutral.

Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 10347
Join date : 2012-03-03

Back to top Go down

Chelsea Vs Juve - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea Vs Juve

Post by Shed Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:47 pm

Barrettinator wrote:Mikel was having a fantastic game until that brain dead moment. Overall, I'm happy with the way we played. Things I liked:

- Everyone was closing up and pressing the Juve players. We always play like shit when we don't do that. This also lets us recover the ball faster.

- Quick passing. Was a beauty to watch Oscar and Hazard passing with Torres. Thought Luiz played well too. When Mata came on, he seamlessly joined in the fluid passing. Loved that.

- We didn't panic in defence. I like it when we defend without scrambling all over the place(Super Cup) like headless chickens.



What I didn't like:

- Those moments of laziness. Those moments produced the goals for Juventus. We could have gotten all three points.

- Ivanovic was so shit at RB it was unbelievable. Maybe play Azpi on saturday?

- Should have brought Sturridge on. Who knows, we could have gotten a winner(and my prediction could have looked better Sad)


Overall, great game to watch for a neutral.
Wasn't even on the bench, remember? Injured late in training yesterday, apparently.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 23683
Join date : 2012-05-28
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Chelsea Vs Juve - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea Vs Juve

Post by Halfsharkgator Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:51 pm

If that 2nd shot from quagliarella had gone in....

Good game though, see you guys in Turin.
Halfsharkgator
Halfsharkgator
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 236
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Chelsea Vs Juve - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea Vs Juve

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:02 pm

It was a good game by both sides... I'm actually happy with the result. Now its time to build on it.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 4541
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Chelsea Vs Juve - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea Vs Juve

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:05 pm

ShedEnd1905 wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:Mikel was having a fantastic game until that brain dead moment. Overall, I'm happy with the way we played. Things I liked:

- Everyone was closing up and pressing the Juve players. We always play like shit when we don't do that. This also lets us recover the ball faster.

- Quick passing. Was a beauty to watch Oscar and Hazard passing with Torres. Thought Luiz played well too. When Mata came on, he seamlessly joined in the fluid passing. Loved that.

- We didn't panic in defence. I like it when we defend without scrambling all over the place(Super Cup) like headless chickens.



What I didn't like:

- Those moments of laziness. Those moments produced the goals for Juventus. We could have gotten all three points.

- Ivanovic was so shit at RB it was unbelievable. Maybe play Azpi on saturday?

- Should have brought Sturridge on. Who knows, we could have gotten a winner(and my prediction could have looked better Sad)


Overall, great game to watch for a neutral.
Wasn't even on the bench, remember? Injured late in training yesterday, apparently.
Oh.....didn't know that.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 10347
Join date : 2012-03-03

Back to top Go down

Chelsea Vs Juve - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea Vs Juve

Post by Kick Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:13 am

Man, The passing between Mata and Hazard and Hazard and Oscar makes me want to see OscHazMat on the weekend!

it would be a GOAT. I also felt Ramires wasn't needed on the RW, could have played Moses there TBH. Otherwise Barrett is spot on.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34795
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Chelsea Vs Juve - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea Vs Juve

Post by lszanto Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:50 am

If Oscar is hurt after that i'll be pretty annoyed it looked intentional. Aside from that annoyed that we couldn't be a bit more urgent with a 2-0 lead, we just seem to lack desire at vital points these days. Good game though.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 3354
Join date : 2011-07-24

Back to top Go down

Chelsea Vs Juve - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea Vs Juve

Post by the xcx Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:06 am

Terry made me lose a bet Mad
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 7478
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Chelsea Vs Juve - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea Vs Juve

Post by fatman123 Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:41 am

tbf Terry is more to blame for the second goal then Mikel, there was never an opportunity to step up and play Quag offside as the other two defenders were in line with him anyway so even if JT did get infront of him in time (which he didnt) he still wouldve been onside, he shouldve gone for the ball or just stood his ground
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 9615
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Chelsea Vs Juve - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea Vs Juve

Post by DidierDrogba11 Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:59 am

the Referee was Bullshit, i don't like to moan here but i feel injustice , Chelsea should have had 2 clear cut penalties.

Anyway what a fantastic Goal by Oscar, That was WorldClass :bow:
DidierDrogba11
DidierDrogba11
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 38
Join date : 2012-07-12
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Chelsea Vs Juve - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea Vs Juve

Post by Kick Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:35 am

it certainly was. What a star he will be.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34795
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Chelsea Vs Juve - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea Vs Juve

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:20 am

MAZCAR

That's what I'll call the trio :coffee:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 10347
Join date : 2012-03-03

Back to top Go down

Chelsea Vs Juve - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea Vs Juve

Post by Ganso Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:36 am

Mhazcar...dat supervillain name
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 15522
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Chelsea Vs Juve - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea Vs Juve

Post by Kick Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:18 am

OscHazMat > Mazcar
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34795
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Chelsea Vs Juve - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea Vs Juve

Post by Blue Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:33 am

Oscar was motm, the kid should be starter without a doubt it shouldn't take much too figure that out RDM.

I thought Oscar 2 goal made us look better then we were, we did not play that well and have to improve.

On the last goal, for me Mikel was at fault not only did he lost the ball but he should've closed down on his player instead of watching him.

He needs to cut that out of his game that lack of concentration at times, and that one was very costly.

I have been critical of Ramires, but i thought his defending and work rate was superb for the team. So i have to give credit where it is due. Ramires still need to GTFO playing RW.

I am finally coming around Ramires playing in the pivot, because i think Oscar dropping deep can offset Ramires attacking nature, Oscar does the same for Lampard. But i would rather play Ramires over Lampard, but in honesty i would still prefer Romeu over both. Having Romeu and Mikel in the pivot gives Oscar, Mata, and Hazard more attacking freedom.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 2825
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Chelsea Vs Juve - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea Vs Juve

Post by Shed Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:35 am

@Blue wrote:Oscar was motm, the kid should be starter without a doubt it shouldn't take much too figure that out RDM.

I thought Oscar 2 goal made us look better then we were, we did not play that well and have to improve.

On the last goal, for me Mikel was at fault not only did he lost the ball but he should've closed down on his player instead of watching him.

He needs to cut that out of his game that lack of concentration at times, and that one was very costly.

I have been critical of Ramires, but i thought his defending and work rate was superb for the team. So i have to give credit where it is due. Ramires still need to GTFO playing RW.

I am finally coming around Ramires playing in the pivot, because i think Oscar dropping deep can offset Ramires attacking nature, Oscar does the same for Lampard. But i would rather play Ramires over Lampard, but in honesty i would still prefer Romeu over both. Having Romeu and Mikel in the pivot gives Oscar, Mata, and Hazard more attacking freedom.

Robbie, play Oscar, Mata, and Hazard at the same time? Not a chance.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 23683
Join date : 2012-05-28
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Chelsea Vs Juve - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea Vs Juve

Post by Kick Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:44 am

Cech
Ivanoivc Luiz Terry Cole
Mikel Romeu
Mata Oscar Hazard
Torres

RDM y u no play dis lineup?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34795
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Chelsea Vs Juve - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea Vs Juve

Post by Blue Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:45 am

ShedEnd1905 wrote:
@Blue wrote:Oscar was motm, the kid should be starter without a doubt it shouldn't take much too figure that out RDM.

I thought Oscar 2 goal made us look better then we were, we did not play that well and have to improve.

On the last goal, for me Mikel was at fault not only did he lost the ball but he should've closed down on his player instead of watching him.

He needs to cut that out of his game that lack of concentration at times, and that one was very costly.

I have been critical of Ramires, but i thought his defending and work rate was superb for the team. So i have to give credit where it is due. Ramires still need to GTFO playing RW.

I am finally coming around Ramires playing in the pivot, because i think Oscar dropping deep can offset Ramires attacking nature, Oscar does the same for Lampard. But i would rather play Ramires over Lampard, but in honesty i would still prefer Romeu over both. Having Romeu and Mikel in the pivot gives Oscar, Mata, and Hazard more attacking freedom.

Robbie, play Oscar, Mata, and Hazard at the same time? Not a chance.

Chelsea Vs Juve - Page 2 Tumblr_los755Kzxe1qf51e1
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 2825
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Chelsea Vs Juve - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea Vs Juve

Post by Shed Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:48 am

@Kick wrote:
Cech
Ivanoivc Luiz Terry Cole
Mikel Romeu
Mata Oscar Hazard
Torres

RDM y u no play dis lineup?
Because it's no good.... Laughing . Playing 3 Number 10's in the attacking midfield three is a horrible idea. Not only would it be weak defensively, but there's also no natural width in it.

If those three ever were to play in the same team (which I believe we're intending to do eventually), it would most likely be with Oscar playing deeper, where Lamps is right now.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 23683
Join date : 2012-05-28
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Chelsea Vs Juve - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea Vs Juve

Post by Blue Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:07 am

ShedEnd1905 wrote:
@Kick wrote:
Cech
Ivanoivc Luiz Terry Cole
Mikel Romeu
Mata Oscar Hazard
Torres

RDM y u no play dis lineup?
Because it's no good.... Laughing . Playing 3 Number 10's in the attacking midfield three is a horrible idea. Not only would it be weak defensively, but there's also no natural width in it.

If those three ever were to play in the same team (which I believe we're intending to do eventually), it would most likely be with Oscar playing deeper, where Lamps is right now.

I completely disagree i think having Oscar in the double pivot is a mistake because he is a classical playmaker and should play either in the #10 or CM in 4-3-3. Not only would he be wasted in the pivot, but he would be a big defensive liability.

I am not sure how Kick lineup is a bigger defensive inadequacy then you suggesting having Oscar in the pivot.

Has Oscar even played in the pivot regularly at one point in his career?

As for width? not like we have any width atm with Ramires on the right.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 2825
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Chelsea Vs Juve - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea Vs Juve

Post by Shed Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:19 am

@Blue wrote:I completely disagree i think having Oscar in the double pivot is a mistake because he is a classical playmaker and should play either in the #10 or CM in 4-3-3. Not only would he be wasted in the pivot, but he would be a big defensive liability.

I am not sure how Kick lineup is a bigger defensive inadequacy then you suggesting having Oscar in the pivot.

Has Oscar even played in the pivot regularly at one point in his career?

As for width? not like we have any width atm with Ramires on the right.
I'm just going by what various people at the club have been saying, namely Oscar himself as well as Eddie Newton. You don't seriously think the club purposefully/strategically bought three multi-million-pound, potentially world class players to play in the same position, do you?
And no, atm he's not ready to play that role, but he's still young and was clearly bought with an eye to develop him into that role gradually, kind of like how Modric was when he first came to England.

@Blue wrote:I completely disagree i think having Oscar in the double pivot is a mistake because he is a classical playmaker and should play either in the #10 or CM in 4-3-3. Not only would he be wasted in the pivot, but he would be a big defensive liability.

I am not sure how Kick lineup is a bigger defensive inadequacy then you suggesting having Oscar in the pivot.

Has Oscar even played in the pivot regularly at one point in his career?

As for width? not like we have any width atm with Ramires on the right.
Which is almost all of us agree unanimously that he shouldn't be playing there anymore. Moses is a far better option, and if he keeps putting out performances like he did on Saturday when he was brought on, there's no reason he can't earn his starting place very quickly.

m


Last edited by ShedEnd1905 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 23683
Join date : 2012-05-28
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Chelsea Vs Juve - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea Vs Juve

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:18 pm

Chelsea Vs Juve - Page 2 Tumblr_mao33afmOl1r30r4xo1_500
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 10347
Join date : 2012-03-03

Back to top Go down

Chelsea Vs Juve - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea Vs Juve

Post by Kick Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:10 am

I would not be surprised if they were the best of buddies outside football.

could you imagine those two, Iker and Manuel Neuer all hanging together? would be Epic!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34795
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Chelsea Vs Juve - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea Vs Juve

Post by Soul Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:37 pm

@Blue wrote:
ShedEnd1905 wrote:
@Blue wrote:Oscar was motm, the kid should be starter without a doubt it shouldn't take much too figure that out RDM.

I thought Oscar 2 goal made us look better then we were, we did not play that well and have to improve.

On the last goal, for me Mikel was at fault not only did he lost the ball but he should've closed down on his player instead of watching him.

He needs to cut that out of his game that lack of concentration at times, and that one was very costly.

I have been critical of Ramires, but i thought his defending and work rate was superb for the team. So i have to give credit where it is due. Ramires still need to GTFO playing RW.

I am finally coming around Ramires playing in the pivot, because i think Oscar dropping deep can offset Ramires attacking nature, Oscar does the same for Lampard. But i would rather play Ramires over Lampard, but in honesty i would still prefer Romeu over both. Having Romeu and Mikel in the pivot gives Oscar, Mata, and Hazard more attacking freedom.

Robbie, play Oscar, Mata, and Hazard at the same time? Not a chance.

Chelsea Vs Juve - Page 2 Tumblr_los755Kzxe1qf51e1

Well..all 3 are starting today against Stoke! Very Happy

Chelsea are expected to line up in the following 4-2-3-1 formation:

1 Petr Cech (c)
2 Branislav Ivanovic
4 David Luiz
24 Gary Cahill
3 Ashley Cole
12 John Mikel Obi
7 Ramires
10 Juan Mata
11 Oscar
17 Eden Hazard
9 Fernando Torres

Substitutes: 22 Ross Turnbull, 28 Cesar Aspilicueta, 26 John Terry, 34 Ryan Bertrand, 6 Oriol Romeu, 8 Frank Lampard, 13 Victor Moses.
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 2936
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Chelsea Vs Juve - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea Vs Juve

Post by Soul Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:49 pm

lmao i just saw the other thread and realized i was too late posting this Laughing
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 2936
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Chelsea Vs Juve - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea Vs Juve

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum