Senor Penguin
che
McLewis
•MilanDevil•
Yuri Yukuv
34 posters

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11 - Page 6 Empty Re: Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11

Post by Swanhends Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:49 pm

che wrote:http://www.theonion.com/articles/no-one-murdered-because-of-this-image,29553/?ref=auto

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"sources confirmed that upon seeing it, they simply shook their heads, rolled their eyes, and continued on with their day"

Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11 - Page 6 Empty Re: Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11

Post by Spider Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:03 pm

Potential wrote:
Spider wrote:
Potential wrote:I am just stating what I see on day to day bases, most christians seemed to understand that Israel is here to stay while (at least most) muslims still call it Palastine and still want all the jews out, although not all of the people agree.

It will always be Palastine not I***** =)

Anyway on topic , Egyptians should have acted in a different way i agree on that , After all Prophet Muhammad ( s.a.a.w) told us to meet abuse with good ,

+ " freedom of speech " can kiss my @ss it's just a cover made by the media to say attack anyone you want , you can't just curse someone and then say " hey heeeeey it's just freedom of speech i can say what i want "

Potential wrote:It's funny how religious people on this forum believe that their holy book mean what they understand but not what it says.

The movie was in retaliation of the christian who live in fear everyday of their life after the elections in egypt, I am wondering why this hasn't been mentioned! Everyday christians die and are prosecuted by islamic extremist.

" Christian who live in fear everyday of their life after the elections in egypt"
"Everyday christians die and are prosecuted by islamic extremist "

Everyday :facepalm: rofl dude show me evidence and i will start debating with you , other than that you can't just make things up lol

My favorite is 29:00, destroy their reputation unless they convert, P.S I haven't watched the entire video I just skimmed over it for 2 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI6caG03XKE

Umm evidence = Reports and stuff like that , not just some random guy on YT talking about missing girls and assume that Muslims kidnapped them

the dude also said that a 4 year old could convert to islam if she said " there is no god but allah , and mohammed is his messenger "even if she was playing !! Pff

Islam not just about saying words islam is a way of life

Zero wrote:Religious Extremists. Overzealous twats. :facepalm:

Jesus is getting defaced in Youtube everyday yet nobody seems to care, but this?

What a world we live in.

I bet if somebody used a picture of Muhammad dancing that Gangnam style they'll blow up the White House next.

Way to suck at their own religion.

If Christians are ok with that , then it's your decision but don't generalize not because they are ok with it then Muslims also won't get offended

The movie maker knew that
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:37 pm

Question for all muslims

Seeing as jesus is not just a prophet in islam but also the messiah, was mentioned 25 times in the quran as opposed to 4 times for mohammed, born a miraculous birth, was able to perform miracles (mohammed wasnt), talked as an infant and will defeat anti christ at the end of days.

Why dont muslims get angry when he is depicted or made fun off?
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:06 pm

Robbery wrote:a man with true faith should not be effected or create a shit storm over a low budget movie which was created in order to spark controversy.

as for me i will not watch it nor get affected by it

This.
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:09 pm

Mamad wrote: What Muhammad is for Muslims Jesus isn't for Christians.

I know many Christians. all they do is once a week or something go to church and pray or confess and things like that. im sorry but for 99 percent of Christians Jesus is just a name. a good man that had a massage. that's all.

but Muhammad for Muslims? very very different. not comparable.

Imagine you are somewhere and somebody comes and calls your mother a whore in front of others. i'm certain many of you will punch him in the face. so tell me why you punched him? he had the right of free speech right??
I won't punch someone for that nor should anybody else. Just because something infuriates you doesn't mean that you have justification to channel that anger through physical violence.

Muhammad for many Muslims is someone more dear than their mother or family. many of them will die for defending the name of Muhammad.
If God doesn't want people to be obscene about his prophets then he shouldn't have given them the ability to.

Killing someone who had nothing to do with that tape was wrong. more than wrong. this attacks are wrong.
Killing anyone who had anything to do with that tape would also be wrong.

Muhammad himself said if someone says something bad about me let him be and don't harm him.....
So what if he said that? If he hadn't that wouldn't give justification to harm others who speak badly of him. Nor would it be justified to harm someone even if he said it would be ok to do so.

People can think without 'divine' injunctions.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:05 pm

Yuri Yukuv wrote:Question for all muslims

Seeing as jesus is not just a prophet in islam but also the messiah, was mentioned 25 times in the quran as opposed to 4 times for mohammed, born a miraculous birth, was able to perform miracles (mohammed wasnt), talked as an infant and will defeat anti christ at the end of days.

Jesus of christanity is different than Jesus of Islam. He has a different name (Isa) Hence when people make fun of Jesus, it's not our jesus. He wasn't a God for us, neither he was a holy spirit.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:28 pm

I'm not a Muslim but from what I know Jesus is treated as one of many prophets in Islam yet highly respected and studied by many Muslims. The Anti-Christ (Jaal) is more of a metaphor than an entity.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Sociedad

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:40 pm

Arquitecto wrote:I'm not a Muslim but from what I know Jesus is treated as one of many prophets in Islam yet highly respected and studied by many Muslims. The Anti-Christ (Jaal) is more of a metaphor than an entity.

Exactly this. +1.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:17 am

I'm not even muslim since I really couldn't give more *bleep* about religion but christians in the usa for example aren't really "christians"..
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:27 am

Quick summary of my viewpoint:

You guys can't even begin to understand the love Muslims have for the Prophet Muhammad PBUH until you study the earliest Muslims and their personal relationship with him PBUH.

When you have someone who claims to be a Prophet of God, yet is more humble then anyone you've met, more caring than anyone you've known, and more polite than that time period had ever seen, the natural feeling that ends up coming out of your heart is love.

So for these early Muslims, they'd sometimes want to take (usually violent) retribution on those who insulted him. What did he do? Demand their heads be chopped of and their bodies desecrated as punishment? He was the one who calmed down his companions, he was the one who insisted on forgiveness, and he was the one who taught us to take the moral high ground.

So although the love Muslims have for Prophet Muhammad PBUH is on an incredibly different level, and the anger all Muslims have when he is attacked is understandably huge, this violence does nothing but insult his legacy.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:50 am

I won't punch someone for that nor should anybody else. Just because something infuriates you doesn't mean that you have justification to channel that anger through physical violence.

I didn't say it's right, but many will do it.

If God doesn't want people to be obscene about his prophets then he shouldn't have given them the ability to.

God doesn't like many things but people have free will.

True. but he must not get away with this. they shouldn't act like it wasn't wrong so anybody can do things like this.

So what if he said that? If he hadn't that wouldn't give justification to harm others who speak badly of him. Nor would it be justified to harm someone even if he said it would be ok to do so.

You may say, eat and do what you want but in Islam you have to follow some orders. 'divine' injunctions.

for example you can't eat Pig meat. it's god's word. you don't like it but that's what it is.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:14 am

http://www.timesofisrael.com/iranian-film-depicts-jews-as-money-hungry-arab-killers/

hmm
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:10 am

Great video:

Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:04 pm

Muslims can love Muhammed all they want, but he is not immune from criticism. The video is absolute shit and I've never seen anything more disgusting. They have their right to make that video because it expresses their opinion. You also have a right to be offended by it.

HOWEVER, the extremist response portrays something that we have seen far too often from Muslims. Attacking embassies and people who are not even remotely affiliated with the video? Why were they allowed to do this in the first place? Why do Islamic extremists want to respond with violence when Christian extremists (think Westboro Baptist Church) hold up placards and chant? Why isn't there a more aggressive crackdown on those who tarnish the religion?

Don't get me wrong, I have seen the pictures of those muslims who condemn the attacking of the embassies etc. but I just feel that they are not doing enough to prevent these extremists (and lets face it, there are ALOT of extremists in that region) from doing what they want. It has happened before with the Muhammed cartoons in Denmark and the South Park Creators. They need to learn how to just ignore criticisms simply because people don't believe the same thing as you. Which leads me to my final question: Why do so many Muslims take offence and retaliate as such against people who mock their faith and who do not believe in their religion? People are NOT, I repeat, NOT obligated to respect it. Is this not pushing your view of the world on to others?

You have the RIGHT to believe in anything you want. However, as an atheist, I have the RIGHT to not show it any respect.

shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:18 pm

Don't get me wrong, what they are doing is wrong but i think it's the result of desperation and anger. not about the video but about lack of attention from west countries.

you know it's not the first time they make film's about Muhammad. In America some Priest burned Quran some time ago. they made other movie in Denmark i think and things like that.

you think there is no peaceful protest? there is. but when Muslims see nobody cares and US are laughing at them continuing doing this people get angry. and as result of this anger some people lose it.....

attacks aren't the result of movie. they are the result of Muslim's hate toward US and their lack of understanding. When Muslims protest Peacefully, nobody cares. nobody shows it in Media.

Maybe they just want US to hear. when you talk to someone and he don't respond you have to rise your voice.

Still, as a Muslim im sorry about death of innocent people.

che wrote:http://www.timesofisrael.com/iranian-film-depicts-jews-as-money-hungry-arab-killers/

hmm

This is so funny. do you want me to show you Movies and Video games made in US and Israel about Iran?

and you have to see that film maybe there is some truth in it you know....
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:57 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Yuri Yukuv wrote:Question for all muslims

Jesus of christanity is different than Jesus of Islam. He has a different name (Isa) Hence when people make fun of Jesus, it's not our jesus. He wasn't a God for us, neither he was a holy spirit.

I didnt saw he was divine because he isnt in islam, all the characteristics brought up were of jesus in the quran. Isa is just the arabic name of jesus, he would have worn a name tag that said yeshua in his native aramaic.

Why I am asking this is because it is possible that muslims are doing this because they are trying to defend their group after decades of perceived discrimination.

For arabs especially I can imagine the humiliation and vulnerability the events of the past decades have made them feel:

-Western support for Israel in three wars
-Western conquest of the middle east and africa pre independence
-Western support for Dictators against their peoples for 60+ years while the dictators abused human rights and public finances
-Western powers stopping the wave of Arab nationalism and awakening in the 50s and 60s
-Westerner powers selling weapons to both Iran and Iraq
-Western powers support for the Saudi regime which propagated backwards type of political islam to combat nationalism
-Western support for militant salafists against Russia
-Western occupation of Iraq and then leaving it to civil war
-Guantanmo bay, Abu Ghraib and racial profiling of muslims

Making fun of islam might seem like adding insult to injury
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:01 pm

Mamad wrote:

This is so funny. do you want me to show you Movies and Video games made in US and Israel about Iran?

and you have to see that film maybe there is some truth in it you know....

point is that no jews are burning embassies because of a movie that shows them in a negative light
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:49 pm

Mamad wrote:Don't get me wrong, what they are doing is wrong but i think it's the result of desperation and anger. not about the video but about lack of attention from west countries.

you know it's not the first time they make film's about Muhammad. In America some Priest burned Quran some time ago. they made other movie in Denmark i think and things like that.

you think there is no peaceful protest? there is. but when Muslims see nobody cares and US are laughing at them continuing doing this people get angry. and as result of this anger some people lose it.....

attacks aren't the result of movie. they are the result of Muslim's hate toward US and their lack of understanding. When Muslims protest Peacefully, nobody cares. nobody shows it in Media.

Maybe they just want US to hear. when you talk to someone and he don't respond you have to rise your voice.

Still, as a Muslim im sorry about death of innocent people.

This post shows a fundamental lack of or misunderstanding about the US as a people as as a country. The people do not laugh at peaceful protests nor does the government fail to acknowledge them. Our nation's history if absolutely full of peaceful protests and marches that have dramatically changed our nation for better and worse. The government people are both well aware of the power in such demonstrations. The media DO cover peaceful protests and marches, as well, especially those organized outside US Embassies. There is NO justification for the attacks, please stop attempting to do so and then covering your own backside by adding "but killing is bad."
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:02 pm

This post shows a fundamental lack of or misunderstanding about the US as a people as as a country. The people do not laugh at peaceful protests nor does the government fail to acknowledge them. Our nation's history if absolutely full of peaceful protests and marches that have dramatically changed our nation for better and worse. The government people are both well aware of the power in such demonstrations. The media DO cover peaceful protests and marches, as well, especially those organized outside US Embassies. There is NO justification for the attacks, please stop attempting to do so and then covering your own backside by adding "but killing is bad."

I'm not agree with you. US People yes but government? seriously? you sure your Media covers it like what it is?

a few weeks ago i saw Ron Paul in fox news he was debating about Iran and that channel showed Taliban with guns in one of Afghanistan city's as Iran. they said this is Iran! and it's not just Fox news who is doing it again and again and again.

Ahmadinejad said he wants Zionism to end and America's media translated it to "we will wipe them from the map".

there is million's of people in streets of Iran every year in defending Palestin and our government but nobody shows it. but when 50 people go and protest against government you show it day and night by this title "thousands of Iranians in streets".

your government are destroying our economy and hurting people by numberless sanctions and says we love Iranian people and we want peace and democracy for them!

You are not agree but i see lies in US Media and Government when i talk about it.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:13 pm

You use one example from the US's most conservative media station and then extrapolate that to include all US media. You blame the US for UN sanctions and fail to see the difference.

There's being opinionated and there's being ignorant. Much of the US is the latter, I will freely admit. That does not mean you have to be as well.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:31 pm

You say i shouldn't blame US for sanctions? come on man.... and yeah Fox news is the worst but others are not much better.

please stop attempting to do so and then covering your own backside by adding "but killing is bad."

I may sound like that to you but honestly that is what i think. you have to say what you think. attacks are wrong but there are others to blame too.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:55 pm

Mamad wrote:

I didn't say it's right, but many will do it.
I wasn't trying to imply you did.

God doesn't like many things but people have free will.
And this is not paradoxical to you?

If God really thinks some things are so repulsive that those who do them require to burn in hell for all eternity then why didn't he just abolish the ability, which he himself created, altogether? Why create something which you don't want to happen? Does any designer plan to create something he doesn't want to?

Those who abide to God's laws (which are clearly not absolute because God, apparently, didn't do sufficiently the first time around because you recognize other religions as corrupt) get a reward. What purpose does this have for God? What is the ultimate purpose for him to supervise and judge this ever-evolving species?

True. but he must not get away with this. they shouldn't act like it wasn't wrong so anybody can do things like this.
So what do you suggest? Giving those who did the video a reprimand? A beating? What is it? How far do you think one should go?

You may say, eat and do what you want but in Islam you have to follow some orders. 'divine' injunctions.
By no means do I say people are allowed to do as they please. If I and other 'secular' people thought so then we wouldn't want and wouldn't need any kind of legislation. It would be absolute anarchy. That's not the case!

I encourage legislation and I encourage it to be based upon sensible, well thought out morals and ethics.

for example you can't eat Pig meat. it's god's word. you don't like it but that's what it is.
You can't be entirely serious though. Would you seriously kill someone because an ancient book gave you permission to do so? A book which has no reliable historical proof for its divine claims? Are you serious?

This is exactly what I hate about religion. People are taught what to think instead of how to think. It's the exact opposite of modern science.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:25 am

I wasn't trying to imply you did.

So what's your point?

And this is not paradoxical to you?

If God really thinks some things are so repulsive that those who do them require to burn in hell for all eternity then why didn't he just abolish the ability, which he himself created, altogether? Why create something which you don't want to happen? Does any designer plan to create something he doesn't want to?

Those who abide to God's laws (which are clearly not absolute because God, apparently, didn't do sufficiently the first time around because you recognize other religions as corrupt) get a reward. What purpose does this have for God? What is the ultimate purpose for him to supervise and judge this ever-evolving species?

We can't discuss why god created this or that. we can discuss if it is fair or not.

God doesn't like Many things and will punish people who do it. but he gives them choice. he tells you if you kill or rape someone you will burn in hell. that's clear. but despite knowing it you do it. your fault. you can't say i knew it is bad and i did it but i hate god for creating it. that's laughable.

What this have for god? nothing. he created and gave human an opportunity to live and choose their way to Redemption or downfall.

So what do you suggest? Giving those who did the video a reprimand? A beating? What is it? How far do you think one should go?

Official apology to Muslim's.

By no means do I say people are allowed to do as they please. If I and other 'secular' people thought so then we wouldn't want and wouldn't need any kind of legislation. It would be absolute anarchy. That's not the case!

I encourage legislation and I encourage it to be based upon sensible, well thought out morals and ethics.

You can't be entirely serious though. Would you seriously kill someone because an ancient book gave you permission to do so? A book which has no reliable historical proof for its divine claims? Are you serious?

This is exactly what I hate about religion. People are taught what to think instead of how to think. It's the exact opposite of modern science.

You want Humans to set rules for Humans and you want to understand every rule. if you don't understand it or doesn't make sense to you then you will say no.

but the problem is human are not complete and will never be. Modern science? 100 years ago people were far less discerning compared to us and 100 years from now who knows we may look stupid to them. people can't act as god because they are creatures not creator. Modern science is modern atm but some years from now its old, not modern and maybe proven wrong.

When a Muslim as i am believes that god has created universe and humans and he is the absolute power, knowledge and justice then i will listen and obey.

and if you want to ask why i believe in god and how i know he is the absolute in everything you should check the god thread because this has been discussed many times.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:15 am

Mamad wrote:God doesn't like Many things and will punish people who do it.
I have never seen even one verifiable instance of God punishing or rewarding anyone. Normally it is only the ground personnel that commits all atrocities.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:48 am

The other world. according to Quran this world is a test. the real deal begins when you die. the real punishment and award for what you do is there.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:19 am

Well, but that's not verifiable, which is the problem. And said ground personal are the ones that decide to take the right into their own hands and punish people as they see fit in *this* world.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next