Swanhends
Babun
71 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Messi in decline - Page 2 Empty Re: Messi in decline

Post by Donuts Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:55 pm

Swanhends wrote:
Donuts wrote:Messi getting ball from Aguero.. I'm surprised you havn't seen him back track he does it so oftenly.

Im not getting involved in this debate cause I don't really care whether Messi does or does not track back

But I just wanted to point out that when the OP makes an argument that Messi has stopped tracking back recently or w/e, posting a video from 2 years ago as evidence doesn't really do anything for your argument
I'm responding to someone who said they have never seen him back track. scroll up smart guy.
Also as said above he has been injured since the beginning of the season mind you only 6 counting NT, Super copa and 3 la liga games were played and people claiming he is on a decline.. obviously this thread is already stupid.

Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:06 pm

Didn't Babun say in the middle of last season that Ronaldo was Madrid's cancer?

Enough said....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:22 pm

white_star wrote:Lol Babun will do anything to make messi look bad. Remember coming from a German madrid bandwagoners, it seems legit.
Babun has been supporting madrid for a long time..

Babun has a point in every thing he says, mole even he had a point when he said ronaldo was rm's cancer, and when CR changed his play, babun started liking him quite a bit.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:04 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Didn't Babun say in the middle of last season that Ronaldo was Madrid's cancer?

Enough said....
1. I never questioned his talent.
2. He didn't track back, made senseless dribbles with turnovers, shot from impossible angles, didn't pass his way out when cornered. He does the opposite now. Surprise, surprise! Suddenly, he scores in every clasico eco smile That's why he is our best player in present time.
3. You're someone who doesn't form his own opinion. Khedira is shit? Laughing Cool story bro... Rich man's Le Samurai albino
white_star wrote:Lol Babun will do anything to make messi look bad. Remember coming from a German madrid bandwagoners, it seems legit.
The butthurt is deep with this one. I don't know whose multi you're but without humor troling is no fun albino What makes a Polish dude supporting a German team? A Pole bandwagoner! Laughing You're leading all the bandwagoners from the front seat eco smile
BarrileteCosmico wrote:What do you mean you haven't seen Messi track back? I don't have any stats at hand, but he does a better job of recovering balls than most CFs, I would guess somewhere between 3-5 balls recovered per game.

Also, he's been having troubles with his abductor muscles since the beginning of the season, and is still being treated for it. It's likely that he's not pressing as much as he used to precisely because of this; he might even be under direct instructions not to press as much.

http://www.marca.com/2012/09/04/en/football/barcelona/1346779565.html
First, marca isn't a source for me. They make up everything, literally. Distance covered stats would give us more info than balls recovered. He is no DM. The adductor rumor could be true though but a better source than marca is needed eco smile
I hate adductor injuries or soreness. They limit you in multiple ways, specially dribblers.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:23 am

TBH I actually enjoy watching Higuain, Di Maria and Messi more than I do watching Ronaldo, Di Maria, Higuain.......I feel so dirty Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by StrikingMidfield Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:27 am

He's getting lazy. Plain and simple. He doesn't want to bother running around or working if it won't be something that will get him into the highlight reels. If he's not the center of attention and getting all the glory then he just doesn't want to bother working. Also is why he isn't being as effective because if you can't move off the ball then you're not going to be doing much of anything, even if you are the "next Maradona" Laughing
StrikingMidfield
StrikingMidfield
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:32 am

StrikingMidfield wrote:He's getting lazy. Plain and simple. He doesn't want to bother running around or working if it won't be something that will get him into the highlight reels. If he's not the center of attention and getting all the glory then he just doesn't want to bother working. Also is why he isn't being as effective because if you can't move off the ball then you're not going to be doing much of anything, even if you are the "next Maradona" Laughing
averaging 1 goal per game so far is ineffective
this forum has gone to the shits hasn't it.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:18 am

I love these threads at the beginning of the season. Messi's in a decline at the start of every season, yet every season he does better than the last. He's already off to a great start , so make sure to bump this in about 8 months. It'll make for a nice laugh.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:25 am

Babun wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Didn't Babun say in the middle of last season that Ronaldo was Madrid's cancer?

Enough said....
1. I never questioned his talent.
2. He didn't track back, made senseless dribbles with turnovers, shot from impossible angles, didn't pass his way out when cornered. He does the opposite now. Surprise, surprise! Suddenly, he scores in every clasico eco smile That's why he is our best player in present time.
3. You're someone who doesn't form his own opinion. Khedira is shit? Laughing Cool story bro... Rich man's Le Samurai albino
The butthurt is deep with this one. I don't know whose multi you're but without humor troling is no fun albino What makes a Polish dude supporting a German team? A Pole bandwagoner! Laughing You're leading all the bandwagoners from the front seat eco smile
BarrileteCosmico wrote:What do you mean you haven't seen Messi track back? I don't have any stats at hand, but he does a better job of recovering balls than most CFs, I would guess somewhere between 3-5 balls recovered per game.

Also, he's been having troubles with his abductor muscles since the beginning of the season, and is still being treated for it. It's likely that he's not pressing as much as he used to precisely because of this; he might even be under direct instructions not to press as much.

http://www.marca.com/2012/09/04/en/football/barcelona/1346779565.html
First, marca isn't a source for me. They make up everything, literally. Distance covered stats would give us more info than balls recovered. He is no DM. The adductor rumor could be true though but a better source than marca is needed eco smile
I hate adductor injuries or soreness. They limit you in multiple ways, specially dribblers.

Haha good one smart ass. Wislas logo was taken down so I picked Dortmund because of the polish players they have. Trust me I support the team from my own country I don't look to pick out from the best in the world. Nice try though.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:07 am

Donuts wrote:
StrikingMidfield wrote:He's getting lazy. Plain and simple. He doesn't want to bother running around or working if it won't be something that will get him into the highlight reels. If he's not the center of attention and getting all the glory then he just doesn't want to bother working. Also is why he isn't being as effective because if you can't move off the ball then you're not going to be doing much of anything, even if you are the "next Maradona" Laughing

he said "not as effective" not ineffective. At no point in that post he is implying that Messi has become ineffective.

It's your understanding that has gone to the shits... (just quoting you brah)
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:18 am

he's not bandwagoner, don't disrespect people... he has contributed more here than you.

on topic... messi can score abnormal amount of goals, like ronaldo, and since both don't press much, i don't think it's an issue.
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:19 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Donuts wrote:

he said "not as effective" not ineffective. At no point in that post he is implying that Messi has become ineffective.

It's your understanding that has gone to the shits... (just quoting you brah)

completely agree.
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:20 am

Messi during this "decline" is still the best player in the world...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:23 am

Crimson wrote:TBH I actually enjoy watching Higuain, Di Maria and Messi more than I do watching Ronaldo, Di Maria, Higuain.......I feel so dirty Sad

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:23 am

ynwa wrote:Messi during this "decline" is still the best player in the world...

:bow: :bow: :bow:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:09 am

Only if CR is out of this world :coffee:
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:16 am

Se7en wrote:

Only if CR is out of this world :coffee:

You can put Ronaldo on any planet you want. Messi is the superior player.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:33 am

StrikingMidfield wrote:He's getting lazy. Plain and simple. He doesn't want to bother running around or working if it won't be something that will get him into the highlight reels. If he's not the center of attention and getting all the glory then he just doesn't want to bother working
Who did in the past? after winning 3 ballon dors and all the things? i bet you also would get bored. Another player in messi's situation would retire

maybe ronaldo works and runs a little more. but i'm sure he runs because of ballon dor. after winning it he will walk
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:43 am

Gil wrote:Been saying this for ages now.his fetish for being the center of attention is exactly why Guardiola quit.

He scored 40 from out wide but wanted to play through the middle even though Barca had WC strikers like Eto'o & Ibra. He was averaging 40 again play upfront but he then wanted to become Barca's number one playmaker and Xavi who was averaging 20+ assists a season had to suffer for it.

Because he's a turnover machine & one of the biggest ball dominant players in footballing history, WC players like Villa, Ibra, Cesc, Sanchez etc haveactually regressed rather than improve when playing with him. Same thing with Argentina who have become a joke when he became the main man over there.

The faux choir boy act will never hide the fact he's a glory seeking stat padding w**nker.

Now people are wanking over his FK's despite not even being Top 3 in his own team at it. Laughing

Same with his crappy pens.

Single-handedly ruined Pep's & Barca's dynasty.

:bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:49 am

I'm sure Messi would track back if he was a winger. :coffee:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:52 am

CF's don't track back, that's dumb. CF's press the ball, that's how they defend.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:54 am

Zealous wrote:CF's don't track back, that's dumb. CF's press the ball, that's how they defend.

Messi in decline - Page 2 Cavani12

:coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:57 am

If Cavani is tracking back then who gets the ball near the goal? Unless Cavani can exist in two places at once hmm
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:02 am

In other words he has immense workrate and stamina ?He is a very flexible and mobile forward and is not just stuck at one position.

If you noticed in Bayern-Madrid semi of last year Gomez did a lot of tracking back and defending ,not that he does it all the time.Just saying.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:04 am

He wasn't tracking back all game though, which is the point. Sure doing once or twice is cool but you're painting a picture that makes Cavani and Gomez look like Di Maria lol

Let me rephrase. CFs track back but not very often.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:13 pm

Crimson wrote:TBH I actually enjoy watching Higuain, Di Maria and Messi more than I do watching Ronaldo, Di Maria, Higuain.......I feel so dirty Sad

Shocked
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next