+3
Tomwin Lannister
FilthyLuca
DeviAngel
7 posters

Go down

Wenger questions ‘thrifty’ Juventus  Empty Wenger questions ‘thrifty’ Juventus

Post by DeviAngel Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:54 pm

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has questioned Juventus’ attempt to sign Robin Van Persie this summer, but praised their swoop for Niklas Bendtner.

The Old Lady had targeted the Dutchman and made the London club offers, but Manchester United won the race for the striker.

“Juventus can’t think about selling their players for €70m and then buying new ones for a tenth of that amount,” the Frenchman told the Corriere dello Sport.

“That would be too easy, but that is not possible in today’s football.

“Van Persie would have been a free agent in the summer of 2013, but we decided to sell after Manchester United made a great offer.”

United netted the player for a fee in the region of £23m, leaving Juventus – who spent around €50m this summer – with few options. They eventually got Bendtner on loan from Arsenal.

“He can do well in Italy,” Wenger continued. “He’s a top player for me, but he’s had his difficulties here. You can’t doubt the player’s value though.

“We believe in him and that is why we only gave him to Juventus on loan. I think he can resolve his problems with us and prove himself. We believe in him.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Wenger questions ‘thrifty’ Juventus  Empty Re: Wenger questions ‘thrifty’ Juventus

Post by FilthyLuca Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:36 pm

Are we supposed to send him some sort of royalty check?

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Wenger questions ‘thrifty’ Juventus  Empty Re: Wenger questions ‘thrifty’ Juventus

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:42 pm

It's your fault you accept the transfer policy Wenger. I have seen plenty of reports saying that you have plenty of spending money but you would rather buy youth. What do you want, sympathy?
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:44 pm

Really, Wenger? Your team is the king of selling players for huge sums and buying other players for a tenth of that amount. What is his problem with Juve?
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:21 pm

I'm getting to hate Wenger the more he talks...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Fenomeno Vero Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:57 am

Apparently Juventus' only official bid for Van Persie was a measly £7million, a far cry from the £23million (€29m) Arsenal recieved. Wenger has a point here... If you want a world class player like Van Persie you're going to have to pay for him...

Personally, not getting van Persie doesn't worry me, as i prefer our current crop of Giovinco, Matri, Quagliarella and Vucinic. Though im sure Arsenal fans would've prefered RVP here as opposed to in Manchester!

@TomJuve i believe Arsenal spent the equivalent of approximately €45m for Podolski, Giroud and Cazorla this summer
Il Fenomeno Vero
Il Fenomeno Vero
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by k2blt Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:45 pm

Aresenal has been cashing in on their top talents... VanPersie was looking for the exit for many reasons, but a main one being their refusal to replace world class players with world class. Until last summer, many talents they brought in were above average & were affordable. They're still not ready for a title bid though.

Don't be a hypocrite Arsene!

k2blt
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down