Post by Don't call me James Thu 13 Sep - 12:06

Once a red always a red Josh cheers

Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

LFC GL Community - Page 2 Empty Re: LFC GL Community

Post by Art Morte Thu 13 Sep - 13:46

@poolsupporter wrote:Hey all. Figured I'd drop in to give you all an update.

This last year has been crazy for me. Around the middle of 2011, I moved from Canada to the States to live with my aunt and uncle in hopes of finding a decent job here. Living with them was great and I am very thankful for all they provided me with, but it is extremely tough to live your life when you live under someone else's roof. In addition, I did start a new job around the end of last year which keeps me busy all day.

Over the last two weeks I finally made my move to my own place. (Which is all sorts of awesome. And there is a price to that awesomeness, lol) I also started seeing someone earlier this year and things have gotten rather serious which tends to keep me away from the computer even more.

But the chaos has ended for the most part. And I hope I can start being more active around here. I also hope I can get the time to continue working with the stats. I know a lot of people here are in school, but let me tell you, once you get into the real world completely, it is extremely hard to find the time to do a lot of this.

Anyways, just wanted to make an official come back of sorts. My girlfriend is into Liverpool as well, albeit a newer fan, so I tend to discuss games, players, etc. a lot with her.

Nice to hear a positive update from you, man Thumbs up

Great if you can be about this place more often again!
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu 13 Sep - 17:50

@poolsupporter wrote:Hey all. Figured I'd drop in to give you all an update.

This last year has been crazy for me. Around the middle of 2011, I moved from Canada to the States to live with my aunt and uncle in hopes of finding a decent job here. Living with them was great and I am very thankful for all they provided me with, but it is extremely tough to live your life when you live under someone else's roof. In addition, I did start a new job around the end of last year which keeps me busy all day.

Over the last two weeks I finally made my move to my own place. (Which is all sorts of awesome. And there is a price to that awesomeness, lol) I also started seeing someone earlier this year and things have gotten rather serious which tends to keep me away from the computer even more.

But the chaos has ended for the most part. And I hope I can start being more active around here. I also hope I can get the time to continue working with the stats. I know a lot of people here are in school, but let me tell you, once you get into the real world completely, it is extremely hard to find the time to do a lot of this.

Anyways, just wanted to make an official come back of sorts. My girlfriend is into Liverpool as well, albeit a newer fan, so I tend to discuss games, players, etc. a lot with her.

Great to hear from you man! Was wondering where you were with the lack of tweets Razz

PS: Bring ur gf to this forum :I'munoriginal:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Thu 13 Sep - 18:21

Thanks for the warm welcome back everyone. Smile

I just realized that my subscription for the stats center expired, so I'll get on that this weekend. I have unfortunately missed so many games over the last year and it just sucks. Here's hoping I can get back into my weekend routine at the very least.

And no, I am keeping my gf away from this place. Haha. (The LFC section is fine, but beyond that...) She's usually looking over my shoulder though when I'm on here, so she's here in a sense. ha

poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Sep - 0:40

Very interesting thread.

I agree and disagree with my own description. I am not a usual knee-jerker, I am however extremely emotional....not only with football, but with anything in life. And sometimes they get the better of me....I am sorry that I haven't responsibly contributed to this forum in a while...actually maybe since 2012, I haven't made 5 serious posts a week in this section.

I am not a celebrity, but I've just had too eventful of a year this year, that football has been a secondary at best focus for me. I've failed a course for the first time in my life that could delay my graduation (and what an easy course :facepalm: ), I fell in love for the first time in 4 years, was inches away from success until managing to get defeat from jaws of victory...finally coming in terms with letting it go for a while now....I was jobless for a while, and had 4 jobs only a month after. I wrote for a few good websites, but then got fired for strange reason. I've been in close to $1000 debt until today, and now finally debt-free Wink . I've meet so many people this year, realized so many of childhood dreams (going to anfield, lifting the CL, explore Scandinavia, going to rave events, etc)...and at the same time I've had some terrible days. It's been quite a rollercoaster for me emotionally, and even my parents have noticed how much more louder and agreesive, and inconsistent my mood is at home since I've been back. I am sorry that sometimes, I have let those things transfer to here.

I love you guys...all, here is to many more years together and hopefully more successful years. Be safe

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri 14 Sep - 7:03

May sound stupid, but you'll only 'grow' from now on. Learn from those bad experiences and everything will work out eventually. It's great that you've done many of your childhood dreams, but start to settle down abit. Finish your course and move on from there. You'll get back up on your feet - you're a good person. Smile

With all that said, when everything is steady and you're ready to post again, let me know. Always interesting getting other peoples insights in things, especially yours. I still remember joining the goal.com forums as there were great discussions in there from all posters - and you were always in the middle of those threads.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Fri 14 Sep - 18:30

Schweini wrote:Very interesting thread.

I agree and disagree with my own description. I am not a usual knee-jerker, I am however extremely emotional....not only with football, but with anything in life. And sometimes they get the better of me....I am sorry that I haven't responsibly contributed to this forum in a while...actually maybe since 2012, I haven't made 5 serious posts a week in this section.

I am not a celebrity, but I've just had too eventful of a year this year, that football has been a secondary at best focus for me. I've failed a course for the first time in my life that could delay my graduation (and what an easy course :facepalm: ), I fell in love for the first time in 4 years, was inches away from success until managing to get defeat from jaws of victory...finally coming in terms with letting it go for a while now....I was jobless for a while, and had 4 jobs only a month after. I wrote for a few good websites, but then got fired for strange reason. I've been in close to $1000 debt until today, and now finally debt-free Wink . I've meet so many people this year, realized so many of childhood dreams (going to anfield, lifting the CL, explore Scandinavia, going to rave events, etc)...and at the same time I've had some terrible days. It's been quite a rollercoaster for me emotionally, and even my parents have noticed how much more louder and agreesive, and inconsistent my mood is at home since I've been back. I am sorry that sometimes, I have let those things transfer to here.

I love you guys...all, here is to many more years together and hopefully more successful years. Be safe

Sep, look at things this way. You've lived a life many people can only dream of having. Be thankful for everything you do have in your life and strive for happiness. I was in a very bad place about 6 months before I got my job. It takes time to realize and be thankful for what you do have. Just settle down and focus on the things that are important. The rest will work itself out.

With that said, I have to say the maturity in this section amazes me. There's always going to be the occasional emotional reaction to things, but for the most part everyone in this section is a great person. I know we all don't know each other extremely well, but I hope at some point down the road we get to share a drink together at the very least, if not watch a game together.

poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Fri 14 Sep - 18:48

@poolsupporter wrote:
Schweini wrote:Very interesting thread.

Sep, look at things this way. You've lived a life many people can only dream of having. Be thankful for everything you do have in your life and strive for happiness. I was in a very bad place about 6 months before I got my job. It takes time to realize and be thankful for what you do have. Just settle down and focus on the things that are important. The rest will work itself out.

With that said, I have to say the maturity in this section amazes me. There's always going to be the occasional emotional reaction to things, but for the most part everyone in this section is a great person. I know we all don't know each other extremely well, but I hope at some point down the road we get to share a drink together at the very least, if not watch a game together.

Couldn't agree any more. And Sep, after a few years of turmoil myself, I can't help but turn to a cliche: everything, good or bad, is an experience. You'll look back at the down times with a new perspective in the same way you do at the good; try and remember that while going through them, and they'll become that much more tolerable to get through.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri 14 Sep - 20:04

I got a 40 hour train journey in 4 hours :bow:
Missing the entire weekend games. :/
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri 14 Sep - 20:31

40 hour train journey Shocked
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri 14 Sep - 21:10

ynwa wrote:40 hour train journey Shocked

I cant fly as that place has no airport within 200kms. I wouldn't have minded but my parents forced me.
Sadly im left with no option.
Why this is this country so big :/
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Don't call me James Sat 15 Sep - 2:25

Finally the weekend cheers , I had a bizarre week. But can't wait for the game, it's been too long.

I have been in a train ride from Turkey to Pakistan. That took around a week with stops.
Don't call me James
Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun 16 Sep - 11:51

Nishank wrote:
ynwa wrote:40 hour train journey Shocked

I cant fly as that place has no airport within 200kms. I wouldn't have minded but my parents forced me.
Sadly im left with no option.
Why this is this country so big :/
I essentially lived on a bus for two summers straight... So, I feel your pain. Hopefully, it's not 40 consecutive hours. That would be awful.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun 16 Sep - 13:42

You enjoyed it so much the first summer you opted to do it again though. Razz
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun 16 Sep - 17:48

It was consecutive.
The journey was decent.
But my phone was stolen midway. Sadness all around.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Don't call me James Sun 16 Sep - 17:57

Someone stole your phone inside the train?? Sad
Don't call me James
Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun 16 Sep - 18:11

Yes at night Sad
It was getting charged, Someone pulled it out. All i saw was the charger on the floor in the morning.

And this is the condition of the second best compartment you can travel in a train in India.

:facepalm:
Sad Sad
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Mon 17 Sep - 13:47

Nishank Sad
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed 19 Sep - 2:58

Unlucky nishank. Sad

Not sure where to put this, but I'll just mention it here. I'm going to be inactive for the next 2 months after the United game. The end of year exams are coming up for me, and I really need to stop posting on here as I could waste hours on here if I wanted too. I'll definitely try post at times, but nothing should be granted. Be safe. Smile
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed 19 Sep - 4:13

Good luck with the exams, hopefully you'll find a little time to pop in here once in a while Smile
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed 19 Sep - 5:04

2 months Shocked
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed 19 Sep - 5:53

Yeah. 2 months. Going to visit family in the next fortnight overseas, and well... if I get addicted to GL, I'll procastinate too much when it comes to study. Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed 19 Sep - 6:39

Good luck with exams Thumbs up
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed 19 Sep - 6:40

Thanks mate.

Thanks art, missed your post.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Don't call me James Wed 19 Sep - 15:33

Pooi Sad We'll miss u man. Good luck with exams. Do drop by from time to time if possible.
Don't call me James
Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed 26 Sep - 0:16

AND I'M GONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :bow:

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor