Liverpool 0 - 2 Arsenal: What's happening to our Arsenal?!

+30
VendettaRed07
Benry
Lex
juventus101
AnJl
Sri
Emaharg
djoe26
SUPERCARTTS
Peccadillo
McAgger
The Verminator
Raptorgunner
Babun
abirking
julias
EL Patron
Sina
6unner
Wilson37
urbaNRoots
Rev
FennecFox7
SamuelJayC
MJ
REWB
sportsczy
Quinten Metsys
RealGunner
Jay29
34 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Liverpool 0 - 2 Arsenal: What's happening to our Arsenal?! - Page 4 Empty Re: Liverpool 0 - 2 Arsenal: What's happening to our Arsenal?!

Post by Wilson37 Tue 04 Sep 2012, 00:14

Lex wrote:Ever since Gibbs met me, he's improved dramatically........ hmm hmm
:bow:

Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Liverpool 0 - 2 Arsenal: What's happening to our Arsenal?! - Page 4 Empty Re: Liverpool 0 - 2 Arsenal: What's happening to our Arsenal?!

Post by Sri Tue 04 Sep 2012, 00:54

Since 3rd March 2012, Arsenal have won as many Premier League games at Anfield as Liverpool.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue 04 Sep 2012, 01:38

srigooner wrote:Since 3rd March 2012, Arsenal have won as many Premier League games at Anfield as Liverpool.
Anfield is second home. :coffee:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue 04 Sep 2012, 01:48

Raptorgunner wrote:
srigooner wrote:Since 3rd March 2012, Arsenal have won as many Premier League games at Anfield as Liverpool.

Since April 9th 2012, Arsenal have won more games at Anfield than they have at the Emirates.

Anfield is our first home :coffee:
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue 04 Sep 2012, 04:45

I think our defense has made huge huge improvements.. But Id like to see how much improvement they have made against the better offensive teams because honestly the three teams we have played so far are pretty offensively inept.

Though you can tell we have made huge improvements because we used to give up crazy amounts of goals to even the most offensively inept teams.

I can't wait for some of the bigger matches this season. Its gonna be fantastic Very Happy
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue 04 Sep 2012, 04:47

I cant for The King to make another return. :bow:

Liverpool 0 - 2 Arsenal: What's happening to our Arsenal?! - Page 4 Henry-620_2104577b
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue 04 Sep 2012, 04:50

We may need him if we're going to lose Gervinho and Chamakh to AFCON again Very Happy
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue 04 Sep 2012, 06:42

MJGunner wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

Since April 9th 2012, Arsenal have won more games at Anfield than they have at the Emirates.

Anfield is our first home :coffee:

Well it sure as hell isn't our home since we suck playing there Mad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue 04 Sep 2012, 10:47

The real question is: are attacks incompetent because they are just generally that way, or have they been made to look that way by our defence? hmm

The City game will be the real tests for this new defence of ours. If we can restrict or even shut out an attack with David Silva, Samir Nasri, Yaya Toure, Edin Dzeko and Carlos Tevez, we'll know that what we're doing at the back is no fluke.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudcat Tue 04 Sep 2012, 18:25

GoonerJay29 wrote:The real question is: are attacks incompetent because they are just generally that way, or have they been made to look that way by our defence? hmm

Sunderland scored two against Swansea, Stoke scored two against Wigan and Liverpool scored two against Manchester City, so at least we know they're capable of scoring against somebody!
Mudcat
Mudcat
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue 04 Sep 2012, 19:10

Mudcat wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:The real question is: are attacks incompetent because they are just generally that way, or have they been made to look that way by our defence? hmm

Sunderland scored two against Swansea, Stoke scored two against Wigan and Liverpool scored two against Manchester City, so at least we know they're capable of scoring against somebody!

+1

My thoughts exactly Thumbs up

It's no coincidence that we've kept three cleansheets. Now the real test comes this month. City, Chelsea and Southampton(Lambert is always a threat) will try the quality of our defense.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Tue 04 Sep 2012, 23:47

A few seasons ago when Wigan scored 3 goals in 15 minutes to beat us 3-2. They had the lowest goals scored in EPL. Didn't stop them from scoring 3. If our defense hadn't improved, i bet we would've conceded atleast 2 goals. The fact that we haven't made any stupid little errors that cost us goals speaks for itself.....
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed 05 Sep 2012, 00:08

The Verminator wrote:A few seasons ago when Wigan scored 3 goals in 15 minutes to beat us 3-2. They had the lowest goals scored in EPL. Didn't stop them from scoring 3. If our defense hadn't improved, i bet we would've conceded atleast 2 goals. The fact that we haven't made any stupid little errors that cost us goals speaks for itself.....

I agree that this defense has come a long way this summer and is remarkably more confidence inspiring. It is good to see we have improved as a team, instead of pinpointing one particular player or position.

However, from the first three games, we should also accept that we have been a wee bit lucky. Especially in the starting minutes, there have been instances which should otherwise have resulted in goals, but we were a bit lucky in those situations.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed 05 Sep 2012, 00:15

I don't agree with us being lucky. Szczesny saving McClean's early effort, for example, was not luck and although Mertesacker was booked early on against Liverpool, that didn't result in a clear goalscoring opportunity.

There have been mistakes, of course, but the reason they haven't resulted in goals is because of good goalkeeping or alert covering. Luck has nothing to do with our improved defending so far.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed 05 Sep 2012, 10:14

You'll finish third; been saying it since Chelsea signed Hazard (not sure if I said it on this forum). Was really expecting us to beat you guys though, but we wouldn't even score at a brothel at the moment and you can't win games if you can't put the ball in the back of the net. :facepalm:

Really do feel the game was even though, and you guys didn't deserve to win but that's football. Have a great season, and don't let the Mancs (United anyway) win it. Twisted Evil

Oh, and Diaby is a gun.
And Sterling > The Ox. :bow:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed 05 Sep 2012, 11:51

We didn't
ynwa wrote:You'll finish third; been saying it since Chelsea signed Hazard (not sure if I said it on this forum). Was really expecting us to beat you guys though, but we wouldn't even score at a brothel at the moment and you can't win games if you can't put the ball in the back of the net. :facepalm:

Really do feel the game was even though, and you guys didn't deserve to win but that's football. Have a great season, and don't let the Mancs (United anyway) win it. Twisted Evil

Oh, and Diaby is a gun.

Laughing
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Thu 06 Sep 2012, 02:41

Samuelj29060 wrote:We didn't
ynwa wrote:You'll finish third; been saying it since Chelsea signed Hazard (not sure if I said it on this forum). Was really expecting us to beat you guys though, but we wouldn't even score at a brothel at the moment and you can't win games if you can't put the ball in the back of the net. :facepalm:

Oh, and Diaby is a gun.

Laughing

lol... Rolling Eyes :brickwall:
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu 06 Sep 2012, 08:49

How's it funny? I don't understand.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu 06 Sep 2012, 08:54

ynwa wrote:How's it funny? I don't understand.

You are viewing it from the wrong side of the river. Try the view from the other side, and you'll see whats funny. Laughing

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu 06 Sep 2012, 09:45

My post was as a 'neutral'... you can ask anyone on this forum, I'm not into that trolling crap (unless it comes to Newcastle in which case Mole is to blame Razz); all I said was the game was even and didn't feel you guys put in a performance that deserved to win. You guys were more clinical than us. Not sure how that's funny.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu 06 Sep 2012, 09:51

ynwa wrote:My post was as a 'neutral'... you can ask anyone on this forum, I'm not into that trolling crap (unless it comes to Newcastle in which case Mole is to blame Razz); all I said was the game was even and didn't feel you guys put in a performance that deserved to win. You guys were more clinical than us. Not sure how that's funny.

Well you can claim its a neutral perspective, but I don't think many would agree with it since you are a Liverpool fan, one of the teams who played the match. Its the same as gooners getting blamed for making alibis about refs & pitches, even when it is more than just an alibi! And Liverpool fans are notorious for their passion and defensiveness when it comes to Liverpool - not a bad thing and not something which you may personally do, but it fits the general typecast, see.

I think everyone here in the Arsenal section feels that we deserved the 3 points completely, after a brilliant performance from some of our players. Please go through the entire thread to see why we think so.

Have to admit, if you read 4-5 pages of posts on how well the team played, and then there is a post from a fan of the team we beat saying we didn't deserve 3 points, it is a bit, umm, hilarious, see? Smile

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Thu 06 Sep 2012, 12:29

The match stats were even pretty balanced too.. Especially considering Liverpool played at home.

I fail to see how we didn't deserve to win when we so clearly outplayed you? Strange comment. Was it the Mertesacker shove you are referring to?
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu 06 Sep 2012, 13:09

Speaking from experience, when your team ends up having more territory and more attacks than the other, it gives the impression that there's only one team actually trying to win the game and in most fans' mind, that constitutes a "deserved win". Just look at how many times people have said that teams who play defensively don't deserve to win.

However, there is a difference between a team being forced to defend because the opposition is just that good, and a team choosing to defend because it knows it can cope with the opposition. If it were the former, you would probably say Liverpool deserved more from the game. But we did the latter. Our defence bested your attack. Our attack got the better of your defence twice to get two goals. Can't really get any more "deserved" than that.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu 06 Sep 2012, 13:34

We won like Man City, Man Utd or Chelsea did against us in the past few seasons. Most of Arsenal fans used to say 'we deserved to win' when we lost duo to one/two counter-attack/s.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu 06 Sep 2012, 13:36

This is going to be a long fight, and I'm in no mood to do it in a section that I don't support. Good game and good luck in the season.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 06 Sep 2012, 13:46

You like trolling really :coffee:

Besides i fail to see how Arsenal didn't deserve to win they had chances other than their goals and they was quite comfortable tbh.

Don't remember Mannone having to do too much.

You can't possibly be neutral when your a Liverpool fan it's impossible no matter how hard you try to be neutral.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next