Le Samourai
Ganso
Onyx
The Franchise
13 posters

Go down

"Fix" AC Milan Empty "Fix" AC Milan

Post by The Franchise Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:54 pm

I am sure Milan fans have already done or talked about this in their own section, so this isnt really for them (sorry, though obviously your input is more than welcome) however perhaps as outsiders we could have a different take on it.

Put yourself in the shoes of the sporting director (Ariedo Braida) and travel back to just after the sale of Thiago Silva and Ibra, you very limited budget both in terms of transfer fees and wages. Also consider various options for the positions your after. There is no point saying, sign Kaka, when we all know there is a huge possibility that cant happen. Think of multiple options.

Could have put this in the general, but on here, perhaps it would be different kind of discussion with more detail and I think it makes a change because the topics on this section, while discussed well..have turned it into a rich mans my rightback vs yours section.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

"Fix" AC Milan Empty Re: "Fix" AC Milan

Post by Onyx Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:02 pm

I'd basically play a 4-3-3.

----------------Montolivo
----------Boateng----Nocerino
--RW----------------------------------Robinho
-------------------Pato

For RW Gaston Ramirez would be a good option. Under 15m or so.

Defense:

I'd persuade Montpellier to sell Yanga-Mbiwa and would secure someone like Astori.

And Abbiati in goal.

--Abate---Yanga-Mbiwa---Astori---Didac

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:08 pm

2.Trade Cassano for Pazzini since Antonio wanted to leave,no other option.
3.Buy Rossi from Villareal
4.Sign Mbiwa from Montepelier
5.Do everything possible to get Sahin on loan
6.Buy De Jong

I think thats the most we could do while also saving money.I believe we would have spent around 40M with all those players and still manage to conserve the money we got from Ibra's sale

------Pato-------Rossi----------
----------Montolivo---------------
-Nocerino--De Jong----Sahin-------
-Vila----Mbiwa---Mexes--Abate---
-
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:26 am

You would have Prince Boateng out of the starting 11? I wouldnt of even considered that a possibility, his energy too vital, his ability that good.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:57 am

The Franchise wrote:You would have Prince Boateng out of the starting 11? I wouldnt of even considered that a possibility, his energy too vital, his ability that good.

When he's on song, he is a different beast altogether. But that happens very rarely. He hinders our build up play too much, and an AM who can't thread a through ball Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:11 am

I'm going to assume we're retaining Allegri and working on a budget.

> The first thing I would do is assemble a squad which is in keeping with Allegri's strengths ie strengthen the defense and versatility in midfield.

I'm not exactly sure who I would buy, options like Papadopolus and Agger would likely be out of their price range I wouldn't mind going for someone like Kjaer who in the right system behind adequate midfield protection and flanked by someone as athletic as Zapata could be an altogether different player than the one he has looked for the past couple years.

Skimming through their midfield, it seems as though they are relatively versatile , though I wouldn't hesitate to buy someone like Toulalon who, given his qualities would probably be a revelation in Serie A.There's another kid from Schalke named Neustadter who I would look at.

I think attack is where there problems become complicated, Pato is reliable when fit but not reliably to be fit, and they have made a considerable investment on Pazzini so he should be expected to start.Bojan is an option as well.

I would have gotten Afellay on loan, if that's not an option seeing as he's already gone...I don't know, players in that mould aren't exactly cheap or readily available.

If the funds were there, I would've gotten Lloris for the long term as well.

Sell:
Robinhio
Muntari

Buy
Papadopolous/Kjaer
Toulalon/Neustadter
Afellay

Abate-Zapata/Mexes-Papadopolous-Vila
-Nocerino-Toulalon-Montolivo-------
-----Afellay-----Boateng-------
---------Pazzini/Pato---------

Subs : Emanuelson, De Jong, Bojan, De Sciglio, Ambrosini , SES.Acerbi.

Sahin would have been a great option as well no doubt.

I think It's a very cautious apprach , especially through the centre , but I imagine it being a bit like a Mourinhio team, squeezing opposition attacks through the centre, leaving no gaps and holding onto the ball at least relatively well.

Good on the counter, nor as deadly on the wings as most of his teamsbut Afellay and Boateng are versatile enough offensive players to get Pazzini some scoring chances, The fullbacks are good going forward, relatively consistent crossers and Emanuelson is a good general alternative on the left.

Might add some more later.

BTW Long time no see Dani Razz
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:41 am

Awesome thread Dani. Something I've been interested in.

Tbh, its difficult doing it in hindsight, but I'll try. I'll also use what they've actually done as a guide.

I really like Ganso's suggestions. Indeed, the way to go for this season would have been securing a few good loans and some bargains.

1. The Pazzini deal was a good one.

2. Everyone knows I'm a big fan of Bojan's talent and I think if they use him properly he could be excellent. Particularly since Pato spends most his time in a wheelchair.

3. I like Samourai's suggestion of Afellay. I think they should switch to a 4-3-2-1 type formation as well, and he'd fit in perfectly.

4. Buy De Jong

5. I like the Sahin idea if possible... Excellent player.

6. Fix the defence. Dunno who... Maybe Mbiwa, I don't watch Ligue 1.

7. Gut their team of all the rubbish. Milan always seem to have so much trash on their roster. Get rid of it and save some money on wages etc and make some on transfers. This should help to stabilise them financially a bit.

8. After these loans etc. hopefully the team is doing OK and can slowly start changing their model. Securing players permanently etc. Investing in younger talent.

I think this is a fair team really...

Abiatti
Abate Zapata/New Mexes Didac
De Jong
Montolivo Sahin
Boateng Afellay
Pazzini

Then you have guys like Pato, Bojan, Nocerino, Robinho, Emanuelsen etc. to add depth and impact.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:37 am

Bringing in Giuseppe Rossi wouldve been a good idea given Patos injury history (not that Rossis is great of course) if ot Borini is another option

Sahin on loan would be a must

Bring in Ricardo Carvahlo at CB (risky yes, but he wouldve come cheap and the offter of still playing in the CL couldve enticed him to leave RM) or that CB Man City bought from Serie A could also have worked

De Jong wouldve been good, as everyone else mentioned, although maybe Essien on loan couldve been an alternative

fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:33 pm

Milan first team is capable of challenging the best teams at the highest level, the only thing that is wrong is their managment, their medical team and the bench.
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:14 pm

Some fairly lengthy posts, I enjoyed reading.

I liked the suggestion of Carvalho, I think in Serie A, he would probably thrive still. Not a stab at Serie A, just I think its a matter of styles and what kind of player Carvalho is at this point.

I think Milan even before the sale of Cassano, Ibra and Silva, lack passers in the midfield, players who value possession and now with Ibra gone, a true outstanding player who can be relied on to score goals and just basically build the attack around.

Also without their defence leaders in Nesta and Thiago Silva, they in theory should be more vunerable in defence.

I think adding this up, perhaps they should play a more defensive, counter attacking game. They have some speed in forward positions, midfielers who make excellent runs and the defence could use added protection.

So with that in mind, I would have the same formation as Le sam/Kizz, but perhaps with a few different names.

Wouldnt have signed: Bojan, Constant, Acerbi, Montolivo, Zapata

In: De Jong (cost 5m), Carvalho (free or almost nothing), Sahin (loan, but try a low ball offer in the 10m region) Afellay (loan) , Drobga (free, maybe high wages) or Pazzini (not sure how much he cost, but was a transfer) , Fabio (loan), Jorgensen (free), Gelson Fernandes (free) and Inzaghi (retirement)

All in all, they in reality signed: De Jong, Bojan, Constant, Acerbi, Zapata, Montolivo, Pazzini.

I signed in their place: De Jong, Afellay, Fernanes, Carvalho, Jorgensen, Sahin, Drogba or Pazzini.

All in all, I probably end up spending less than they did?

---------------------------------------Abiatti-----------------------------

-----Abate -------------------Carvalho----Mexes-------------------Didac

--------------------------Nocerino----Sahin--De Jong------------------

--------------------------------Boateng----- Pato-----------------------

----------------------------------Pazzini/Drogba------------------------

2nd 11, same formation going from the right handside first.

Amelia, De Sciglio, Jorgensen, Yepes, Fabio, Fernandes, Ambrosini, Emanuelson, Afellay, El Shaarawy and Inzaghi. If Inzaghi retired then surely it isnt too hard to loan Maxi Lopez back again is it?

First thing I would do is get Pato away from being a 9. He can do it, he has speed and finishing, but to me he used to be more than that. He can dribble, he can get on the ball and just be a terror.

I would rather have a 9 who perhaps isnt the all around player, but a finisher and goalscorer. Pazzini looks good, so that seemed a sound move.

In defence, I would get in the old Portugese on his last legs, Ricky. Zapata I know has serie A experience, but I am not so sure about his awareness and basic defensive skills. Still, Carvalho is a fossil and Mexes is going to get suspended more than once in the inseason. Therefore I would have got Jorgensen from FC Copenhagen. He went to PSV on a free transfer. Would have considered 4m Ciani who went to Lazio from Borduex, but free is better than 4m..especially considering Jorgensen is like 6 or 7 years younger at least.

Didac Vila im not sure about. No doubt talented, but young. I will leave him there but I would have considered QPR got Fabio on loan, I would have perhaps done that and have those two players might a fight for that spot.

I would have tried hard to bring Drogba in. Made a major push for him. I dont know what his wage demands are or what they would have been. If he was out of the price range, then so be it, Pazzini can start and I wouldnt of let Inzaghi go. He only retired because we wasnt wanted, I would of made him wanted.

Afellay instead of Bojan. Fits much better. Even if I couldnt get Afellay for some reason, I would have got Gio Dos Santos who was surely cheap to sign for Mallorca, or even Khron. Delhi (remember him from the Euro's?) who went to Celta Vigo for 1m.

De Jong's destructive presence is fine, but Gelson Fernandes was free (went to Sporting Lisbon) and I think he might be able to do the job just as good. I would have got him instead of Constant and do everything to get rid of Muntari or Flamini.

The final key to me is a passer from deep who can spring counter attacks. Sahin is more than that so I am not sure how he would fit into what im trying to do here. Talent wise he is more than good enough and Milan can use all the talent they can get, but I dont know if i can work.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:10 pm

Dani, excellent post. Agree with it all, they are super ideas.

You've convinced me big time on the Carvalho one at least. I agree he'd suit Serie A at this time, while not so much La Liga.

I do think Afellay would be a perfect fit.

All in all, can't fault.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:14 am

the only issue with Milan singing Drogba was that within one week of the CL final he'd already signed with Shanghai which means his agent was probably in talks before the regular season wouldve ended, making it very difficult for Milan to get onto him. Also for sentimental reasons the only European club i could have imagined Drogba leaving Chelsea for wouldve been OM, although in theory he wouldve been an ideal signing for Milan
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:24 am

i think they did an okay job. Zapata was a beast in Serie A before he moved to spain so its a calculated gamble imo, and while i dont think pazzini is good enough to replace Ibra his debut makes me want to hold my judgement for a few more weeks. Of course they could have used a player like Sahin but then again they have montilivio, and for a team that is looking to reduce the wage bill i can understand why they didnt push for that move
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:05 am

i agree wth zizzle on Zapata, Zapata was a solid CB before he left Serie A, if he can play that well again for Milan then he'll be a very good bit of business for them
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:27 pm

fatman123 wrote:the only issue with Milan singing Drogba was that within one week of the CL final he'd already signed with Shanghai which means his agent was probably in talks before the regular season wouldve ended, making it very difficult for Milan to get onto him. Also for sentimental reasons the only European club i could have imagined Drogba leaving Chelsea for wouldve been OM, although in theory he wouldve been an ideal signing for Milan

Agree. Also, they hadnt lost Ibra by that point so obviously they wouldnt have even needed to consider it.

In theory, it would be nice, but in reality there was no reason chance of it. Pazzini it is.

Though, there could be other options. For example, Adebayor for 6m (though his wages would be a problem), or Michu who went to Swansea for just 2m, Berbatov for some small fee I cant remember (though not sure about him in a counter attacking team) or my personal favourite if they have the money for it, Derdiyok.

And on Zapata, I know he was very good before moving to Spain. But consider this. For Udinese and Colombia he played rightcenterback in a back 3/5. He hasnt played any position in a 4 man backline since....since before I know him.

That rightcenterback role is a little easier than rightback or out and out centerback in my opinion. Especially in a back 5.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:56 pm

The Franchise wrote:Agree. Also, they hadnt lost Ibra by that point so obviously they wouldnt have even needed to consider it.

In theory, it would be nice, but in reality there was no reason chance of it. Pazzini it is.

Though, there could be other options. For example, Adebayor for 6m (though his wages would be a problem), or Michu who went to Swansea for just 2m, Berbatov for some small fee I cant remember (though not sure about him in a counter attacking team) or my personal favourite if they have the money for it, Derdiyok.

And on Zapata, I know he was very good before moving to Spain. But consider this. For Udinese and Colombia he played rightcenterback in a back 3/5. He hasnt played any position in a 4 man backline since....since before I know him.

That rightcenterback role is a little easier than rightback or out and out centerback in my opinion. Especially in a back 5.

couldnt imagine Berba at Milan, counter attacking football would involve way too much running for someone like him (although i have always thought it you gave Berba Rooneys energy he could a world class CF, but thats a story for another thread)
Adebayor would be good for Milan too although like you said wages would be an issue. The same could be said of Milan signing any big name striker ie Dzeko which is why i suggested Borini earlier as hes scored goals in Serie A already and i cant imagine Roma paying a player who came from Chelsea reserves an insane wage

You mentioned Michu although thats more of a hindsight signing, i dont think any of s expected him to explode quite like he did for Swansea, so i cant imagine him ever being on Mlans radar, although in hindsight im sure any top team would want him.

Another good forward Milan couldve gone after if they had the money is Van Wolfswinkel, although knowing Portuguese clubs his buy out is probably 500mil Razz

interesting what youve said about Zapata, thats something ive never noticed either, so i guess there is potential to say hes been made to look better then he is by the extra cover in a 5 man backline. I guess the ultimate test of that will be this season when he wont have the "he was good in Serie A" line to fall back on
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:31 pm

I dont think La Liga viewers are too surprised by Michu, he played very well in La Liga. Mata mentioned today how him and Cazorla will get better and better and I tend to agree with him.

He scored 15 goals last season for a poor Rayo side.

Yeah, I am not sure about Berba either, but with Pato, Boateng and Nocerino in the side it might just work. Direct balls to him and he holds it up, then uses his fantastic skill and vision to make passes. Pato, Boateng and Nocerino are 3 excellent off ball runners who could possibly make up for his lack of speed.

On one hand, I think a striker who doesnt need much of the ball and can just finish chances (Pazzini) would work very well, but at the same time a striker with excellent vision and passing but can hold the ball up might work just as well. I think there are more examples of the former working than the latter but still.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:21 am

Ill take your word on Michu, ill be honest, i didnt know much about him before he moved to Swansea although his stats are good and theres no way you could say Rayo have the calibre of player to make him look better then he is

I think the counter-attacking system is a valid option for Milan but with Berba it wont work (where as it wouldve with Drogba), that season Berba was a top scorer he scored the majority of his goals by being clinical and putting away a high % of chances that came his away although hes never been the type of player to get involved in the build up too much. For Milan to play with Berba up front imo it would put alot of pressure on their midfield to give good service. Although i guess the plus side of having Berba is his clinicity, he only need two or three half chances to score.

For a counter attacking purchase id be inclined to say Dzeko, although theres no way Milan could afford him and tbh he comes with some degree of risk too, if only they went for Tevez when City were forcing him out!

fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:19 pm

I am not sure Dzeko would be any better than Berba in such a system.

He isnt much faster than Berba, if at all, he is slow and immobile himself. He also unlike Berba isnt a good passer so he cant drop deep and find any runners with passes.

Maybe I just dont like Dzeko, I never really have.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:52 pm

I think you are being a bit harsh on Dzeko, although i can see where your coming from at the same time. Personally i prefer Berba over Dzeko any day of the week, but in a system where the CF has alot of work to do, although Dzeko cant do that work as well as Berba, at least he'll give it a go because he has a decent work rate, where as berba who has absolutley zero work rate isjust gonna wait up front for the ball to come to him which is something United are goon enough to compensate for (especially because Rooney did so much running) but Milan are not
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:36 am

Let me list our current problems:

-The forward line (Including Boa) Lack concreteness up front
- The back line have been extremely shaky, 85% of of goals conceded are from set pieces
- The whole team lacks confidence with the departure of Ibra and TS

So how can we eliminate these problems?

Well for starters, we could use Mexes-Acerbi instead of Zapata-Bonera for the part of the season, mind you Acerbi held the fort against Real Madrid quite astutley this pre-season against them, until he was taken off and in halftime and then we conceded 4 :/. The acquisition of Mbiwa next year would be sensationl, since he wants us and we want him, from there on out i think we can work on the Acerbi project and forge him into the last bearer of shirt number. As for the LB position, (Now dont flame me) De Sciglio would be no better than Antonini, his crosses are unconvincing as to when he was playing RB and his positional sense was horrid (when Samuel scored against us) Now dont get me wrong he is a beauty of a gem, but we shouldnt play him on the left, at least, not yet, maybe if Tassotti can transform him like he did with Abate..

Now the Striker dilemma, Pato should always be in the first lineup unless he is injured (lol) SES/Robinho left and Eman/Bojan right, If we are swithing to a winger module then by all means get a Right Winger, Nani comes to mind since he is unsettled and reports are linking us with him. But if we are playing 4-3-1-2, then get a striker, anyone that can finish chances unlike Pazzini. Boateng is very unconving this season, i really hope its just the hand surgery that got him down, will need to see more of him then i will add my opinion.

As fot the team's mentality, i really think if we brought Maldini (as reports suggested) to raise the team's morale then we would get out of this pickle

Midfield should be NDJ/Noce-Mont or Monty-NDJ-Noce no questions, The occasional Ambro cameo and thats it, DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT STARTING TRAORE OR CONSTANT OR TAIWO OR WHATEVER THIRD GRADE PLAYER FROM A MIDTABLE TEAM.

Ehm, that is all for now, i hope we persevere from this god forsaken state, hopefully we end this era quick, like the interval it takes for Fred to say "Ok gang lets split up and look for clues"

Forza Milan

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:04 pm

Bring in Astori and Adriano. Convert Boateng to a box to box mid like Vidal, so to have a similar, albeit much weaker, version of Juves midfield. Switch to a 4-3-3. Still wont be world beaters, but would at least be in the top half of the table.

--Abbiati--
--Abate-- --Astori-- --Mexes-- --Adriano--
--Prince-- --Montolivo-- --Nocerino--
--El Shaarawy-- --Pato-- --Bojan/Robinho--

juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:41 am

Just build the team around El Shaa. The kids amazing and he's only going to get better.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:20 am

It's no secret that we are building, we have some very important pieces. But, are still lacking some key players which makes the difference between us loosing and winning. I know everyone has turned against Prince, but I'm still a massive fan. I've said over and over he is lost in the center of the park; I don't know why everyone wants to play him as a Mezz'ala. His attributes are flair, strength, speed, fitness, acrobatics and a crazy hard shot. Other than that, what does he do? All of these attributes are what makes a good winger, that's what he is a WINGER. The 4-2-3-1 is the formation for us, every game that we have looked dominant is with the 4-2-3-1. Montolivo has said the 4-2-3-1 is the best formation for us as well.

For me the base formation should be

---------------------------Abbiati
Abate----------Mexes------------Bonera-----------Constant

-----------------Montolivo-------De Jong

--------Prince------------Bojan-------------SES
-----------------------------Pato

Now, we all know that all of these players cannot play every single game, but that's the beauty of what we have. We have the flexibility to switch to a 4-3-3 when needed, certainly we have the players for it. Urby, Nocerino, Pazzini, Muntari, Niang, Ambrosini, De Sciglio, Yepes, Acerbi, and Antonini can all play in either formation, notice I excluded Flamini, Didac, Zapata (we are not going to make it permanent) Mesbah and Robinho, I believe they are all leaving in January or the summer. Mexes will probably leave as well.

Now for the future, we need to make some smart, solid signings. My suggestions is

1. Replace Abbiati- Mattia Perin
2. Purchase two solid center backs for the future Lisandro Lopez-Vlad Chirches
3. Trust the youth system, actually promote some to the senior team. De Sciglio for me is the first we have given a real chance in a while.

Going forward, I think this could be a young team that can compete in for real titles in the future

--------------------------------Perin
Abate--------------Lopez-------------Chirches------------Constant

---------------------Montolivo-------De Jong

-----------Prince--------------Bojan---------------SES

---------------------------------Pato
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down