Marrone willing to adapt  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Marrone willing to adapt

4 posters

Go down

Marrone willing to adapt  Empty Marrone willing to adapt

Post by DeviAngel Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:08 pm

Luca Marrone may have finally found a place in the Juventus team after slotting in at centre-back last weekend. Dylan Fahy champions the youngster’s cause.

Marrone willing to adapt  Marrone-heart490ai

Some of the Juventus faithful might have been slightly surprised while reading their side’s team sheet before last Saturday’s successful 2-0 victory over Parma. As promising midfielder Luca Marrone was sandwiched in between Leonardo Bonucci and Andrea Barzagli at the heart of the Bianconeri’s three-man defence. While he may not be the most experienced player in the club’s squad, the youngster has a storied history with the Old Lady.

Marrone was born and bred in Piedmont, joining the Juventus ranks at the age of six and subsequently making his way through the entire youth system. Impressive performances for the Primavera convinced then boss Ciro Ferrara to utilise the midfielder as a squad player in the 2009-10 season. Later that year he returned to the reserve set-up to captain the club to the prestigious Viareggio tournament.

The 22-year-old was loaned out to Siena alongside Ciro Immobile in July 2010, making a profound impression on the then Tuscan tactician Antonio Conte. While his compatriot spent time on the sidelines, Marrone blossomed in the club’s Serie B championship win. The youngster made 18 appearances in the former Juventus man’s midfield.

Marrone struggled to find playing time after not being farmed out again last term. While Conte’s men marched unbeaten to a Scudetto triumph, he made a mere three League appearances. Juventus reportedly turned down countless loan moves and a bid from Bologna to keep him in Turin this summer, but they could never promise playing time for the upcoming year.

The arrival of imposing midfielder Kwadwo Asamoah from Udinese and fellow youngster Paul Pogba from Manchester United meant even more competition in the middle of the park. “The Andrea Pirlo role is the position in which I prefer to play,” insisted Marrone earlier this month. While the rigors of Champions League football will require a deeper squad, the deep playmaker needed to prove his versatility.

The opening weekend of Juventus’s attempt to defend their Serie A crown provided the ideal occasion for the Italy Under-21 regular to step up to the plate. Injury issues ruled out Giorgio Chiellini, Martin Caceres and Lucio for the outing, so Conte and new touchline Coach Massimo Carrera put faith in him after a few pre-season experiments in the role.

Basically playing as a sweeper against Parma, Marrone won just under 70 per cent of his aerial duals and did not commit a single foul playing the full 90 minutes. Proving his midfield credentials, he also did not misplace a single pass throughout the game making 60 touches of the ball compared to opposing central defender Gabriel Paletta’s 34.

“I feel at ease when setting up the play. I operate practically 10 metres behind Pirlo and have to act as a sweeper,” asserted the youngster at full-time. His first touch control and close range passing was impeccable, the defensive role allowed the Italian to act as a vice-Pirlo while the veteran hero was still on the pitch himself.

A dynamic Marrone may have finally carved out a place for himself, but it was his wiliness to expand his horizons and continue to learn that earned him that position. “I am helped by the advice from both staff and fellow teammates, and I will continue to develop.”

Marrone is an example to youngsters trying to find a place at top teams in Serie A, continuing to evolve as a player despite already being a professional is vital. While one game does not make a player, the deep lying playmaker will only improve with his current mentality.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Marrone willing to adapt  Empty Re: Marrone willing to adapt

Post by Juveman17 Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:21 pm

Marrone is a great player hope to see if grow at the club
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by davidsNC Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:41 pm

i'm excited for his future but still a little concerned about him switching positions a lot. i wish him luck ,and think he could develop into quite a nice player (if not more)
davidsNC
davidsNC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:47 pm

I admire his humbleness...
I hope to see alot of him this season...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down