Forza
19 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Official Serie A Thread Empty Official Serie A Thread

Post by Forza Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:25 am

Official Serie A Thread Serie_10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A reminder that the rules of the Clean Debate Section apply.
If you can't take serious discussion of controversial issues like Calciopoli, Conte's ban, refereeing decisions, etc, don't participate.
If you are unable to critique another club without being insulting, don't participate.
Fan rivalry, passionate argument and jokes about other clubs are encouraged as long as you aren't personally offending someone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Official Serie A Thread Empty Re: Official Serie A Thread

Post by Luca Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:33 am

Excellent idea to post this here.

I was so happy today that the season began. Here is my recap on today's games:

Fiorentina and Udinese played out a decent game, Jovetic was definitely the hero and he brought Montella his first victory as Fiorentina's manager. I can safely say that Fiorentina comfortably looks a lot greater than they did last season, despite losing protagonists like Montolivo, Behrami and Gamberini. They also loaned out a very promising right back in De Silvestri to Sampdoria, interested to see how he will do there. Udinese didn't play their strongest line up due to champions league commitments approaching, I hope they qualify.

Onto the later game, Juventus vs. Parma. What a flat performance from Juventus, really lacked desire in the first half. There was no conviction what so ever. A dubious penalty award, correctly saved by Parma's keeper Mirante. In the second half, Juventus charged forward much more, Asamoah (the 'Jovetic' of this match) delivered in a great low cross from the left which was met by Lichtsteiner for the goal. Pirlo added a free kick later on which was said to have crossed the line after Mirante nearly saved it (I believe this was the correct call after seeing a blown up image).

Quite the dramatic start to the season, tomorrow should bring more excitement.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:36 am

After years of inconsistency at Milan, Pirlo had a brilliant season last year, is it possible that he could actually string two great seasons together again? Will he carry Juve in the creative department this season, or will some others step up. On that note, Asamoah appears to be a really great signing. i don't think Lucio's torn ankle ligament will affect them much.

Positive signs from Parma that game, I think they have an upper-mid-table squad this season.

Fiorentina defeated Udinese with two Jovetic goals. Will he be Serie A player of the year? Will someone buy him before transfer season is done? Borja got his first assist in Serie A in his first game. he could turn out to be a really great signing.

Does this spell the end of Udinese's reign as Italy's 3rd best club? Early days yet. I'm wondering why Basta, Di Natale and Armero were left on the bench though? scratch Are they being rested for the second leg of the CL qualification tie v Braga? It's currently tied at 1-1 with Udinese at home in the 2nd leg. Virtually unknown midfielder Maicosuel was their lone goalscorer in a game that they led all the way from the 28th minute to the 67th.

Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:14 am

Great point about Pirlo. Juventus will certainly look to him this season but I'll go out on a limb and say that the team can create without him. Vidal has great vision, the width offered by Lichtsteiner and Asamoah is also a great feature of the attack. Finally, Giovinco was Parma's creator last season and he should be able to do great things in a Juventus shirt. On the bench there are options like Giaccherini who can break down 'smaller' sides. And another key component is Isla, who could do very well as well. I have no doubt that Juventus can create chances, the issue is more about finishing them. Two goals today, a defender making a run that a striker should be and a fortunate free kick from a midfielder. Not much from the strikers today.

And yes, respect to Parma as they looked very decent. I believe Jovetic will stay for this season at the very least and I agree about Borja, he could do well.

About Udinese, I hope they make the champions league and you're correct, they rested players for exactly that reason. I hope they make the champions league but fall off in serie a. I really admire them from a business standpoint, but I don't like the fact that one of three champions league spots falls to a club with very little ambition to build on that success, very little fan support, their attendance is atrocious.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:40 am

I like that Udine are organised though. They turn profits, have a brilliant scouting set-up and play attractive football whilst being defensively miserly. their squad is too thin to compete on both fronts this year, but the real issue for them is building loyalty from the players and turning themselves into a Dortmund-style success. Attendance is an issue though, and their stadium deal is dodgy - but I think that all clubs bar Juve and maybe Napoli suffer from that same problem.

I'm also really looking forward to Milan and Inter's games to see if our squad is as bad as we think it is and if Inter's is as good as it looks on paper.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:48 am

I really hope Jovetic stays, he could be the best player of Serie A this season. Promising start from Fiorentina but it is clear if Jovetic leaves they'll be in big trouble. They got good replacements for some of their former stars like Borjito and Aquillani, Montella is really a great coach, he is a potential mastermind of the game. Plays eye pleasing football and gets the result. I rated him highly since his tenure as youth coach of Roma and stand by to the fact that Roma made a mistake in getting Enrique over him. I have little doubt Montella will return to Roma, he is a Roma legend and Zeman is for the short term. Udinese is clearly making Champions League their main priority with benching Di Natale (there goes fantasy ponts Official Serie A Thread 1625187496 ), Basta and Armero. They are going to finish in a Europa League spot this year, whether it is better or worse for Serie A, that is to be found out.

I don't want to talk about the Juventus game or else I will be banned. All I have to say is new signings from both sides, Asamoah and Ninis made a good start . Asamoah was Juventus' best player and Ninis created perhaps the best chances for Parma, they have a promising player in their hands. If Juventus wants to go far in Champions League, they need to sign Llorente or another top CF quickly.

Inter, Milan, Roma, Napoli, Lazio and the rest will all play today. Serie A is back Smile
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:07 am

Wonderful idea for a thread Forza.Finally we can have a clean intelligent debate on the league we all love.

Aside from yesterday's games which was not exactly a rip-roaring start to the league i'd like to discuss some transfer perspective of Lazio in particular.

They've brought in Candreva,Ederson from Lyon and most recently they have just snapped up Mikael Ciani from Bordeaux and ofcourse they have Zarate back from loan.They have a team that were pretty much in CL contention all season(not to forget they had Klose who was out for a large part of the 2nd half of the season) and with these acquisitions they have added depth to their side too.

Going further into the season this is what their team might potentially look like.

Marchetti

Konko-Dias-Ciani-Radu

Ledesma-Hernanes

A.Gonzalez-Candreva-Lulic

Klose

Notable Bench players:Biava,Cavanda,Ederson,Lorik Cana,Stefano Mauri,Brocchi,Zarate,Kozak

Solid team.Not particularly stacked with flair and creativity but solid enough of capable of producing the desired results.

Most significant change they've made though is they've brought in a new coach in Petkovic who doesnt have a particularly impressive CV and would be an unknown quantity at this point.

All depends on the form of their two best players Klose and Hernanes ofcourse.Provided both stay fit and in form ofcourse ,i'd have them as my dark horses for 3rd place this season.Why i am saying this cuz they have good depth, quality too,you can expect someone like Zarate and Ederson/Candreva to make an impact coming off the bench which is very important too.They have a lot of options this season ,lets see how their season pans out.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:29 am

so here we can bash the cheaters without warnings?

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:48 am

Ninis wrote:so here we can bash the cheaters without warnings?
If you have evidence to back it up, yes. I haven't seen any definitive footage either way about the goal-line decision.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:12 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:
If you have evidence to back it up, yes. I haven't seen any definitive footage either way about the goal-line decision.
well im not talking about what happened.. but what will come.. Laughing

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:46 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:After years of inconsistency at Milan, Pirlo had a brilliant season last year, is it possible that he could actually string two great seasons together again? Will he carry Juve in the creative department this season, or will some others step up. On that note, Asamoah appears to be a really great signing. i don't think Lucio's torn ankle ligament will affect them much.

Positive signs from Parma that game, I think they have an upper-mid-table squad this season.

Fiorentina defeated Udinese with two Jovetic goals. Will he be Serie A player of the year? Will someone buy him before transfer season is done? Borja got his first assist in Serie A in his first game. he could turn out to be a really great signing.

Does this spell the end of Udinese's reign as Italy's 3rd best club? Early days yet. I'm wondering why Basta, Di Natale and Armero were left on the bench though? scratch Are they being rested for the second leg of the CL qualification tie v Braga? It's currently tied at 1-1 with Udinese at home in the 2nd leg. Virtually unknown midfielder Maicosuel was their lone goalscorer in a game that they led all the way from the 28th minute to the 67th.

They are being rested.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:48 pm

Btw, great thread. We can all have a positive, intelligent, and civil debate on Serie A.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:48 pm

Don't start anything.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:49 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:

Official Serie A Thread 542525_489556374396781_1128152197_n

I think that proves it.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:10 pm

That proves nothing, the picture is too blurry. Anyone got a better pic?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:11 am

Inter looked good today, albeit against relegation fodder. I think Cassano will prove to be a fantastic signing. Their defense wasn't really questioned much by Pescara, but overall great start for Strama.

AC Milan, on the other hand, have an identity crisis at the moment. It might take a few weeks to get that sorted. They've just replaced so many players so quickly that it is a difficult task and players need to step up.

Roma drawing 2-2 with Catania, a couple fantastic goals scored by Roma but I was unable to watch this game so I'm unsure of the performance apart from that. If any Roma fan could breakdown the game for me I'd appreciate it.

Also, shout out to Ciro Immobile for scoring a fantastic goal against Cagliari in Genoa's 2-0 win. Pescara will definitely miss him, and he might raise questions of Juventus for not trusting him this season.

1:28 of this video is Immobile's goal. I know Osvaldo's might be seen as better but you probably wouldn't have seen this one

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:23 am

Wow. Immobile is a great player hope he can join Juventus again next season.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:39 am

Luca wrote: Pescara will definitely miss him, and he might raise questions of Juventus for not trusting him this season.

I dont know where the 'trust' factor came from ,but he is definitely not ready for Juventus ,not this year for sure.Even if ends up doing well for them its hardly a regrettable decision from the board.Its actually good for his progress that he is playing for Genoa right now,he is going to get a lot of playing time.

Also assuming that he does very well at Genoa this year,i'm not sure we can bring him here next season itself.I think this co-ownership deal probably lasts two years,i am not so sure but i read it somewhere.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:50 am

Great goal from Immobile. Good technique and movement. Always like to see that from such a young player.

As for Roma-Catania. It was a truly frantic game that either side could've won with a bit of luck, but it ended 2-2. Catania are a very dangerous side, but will struggle against highly skilled attacking opponents.

As for us, definition of a mixed bag. All over the place defensively, but we looked great coming forward and we knocked in 2 spectacular goals, opening Catania up at will. I said in the chat that Nicolas Lopez must be considered a Young Player of the Season contender when he came on and that proved to be justified with his lovely equalizer. Keep an eye on him, guys. There's more to come from the 19-year old Uruguayan.

As for the rest of the team though. We're still too used to the system under Luis Enrique though and as such we were too comfortable to just knock the ball back and forth, which pissed off Zeman. A bit more cut and thrust and we'll instantly be getting wins instead of draws. This fixture traditionally yields a lot of draws anyway though.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:45 am

I couldn't watch any of the matches of the first week, but from what I've heard Milan played very poorly against Sampdoria, and Inter played extremely well vs Pescara. We can't know for sure yet, but it could be a reverse of last season, Milan underachieving and Inter challenging for the title. I won't be surprised if that'll be the case, considering the transfers of both teams.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:13 am

I can't believe we sold Alex Merkel to Genoa. He was my favourite youth player in our system and we shafted him. :facepalm:
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:24 am

In other news, Napoli are still good. Will Edu Vargas fill the gap left by Lavezzi?
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:09 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:In other news, Napoli are still good. Will Edu Vargas fill the gap left by Lavezzi?

That gap will be filled by Insigne
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:17 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:In other news, Napoli are still good. Will Edu Vargas fill the gap left by Lavezzi?

Napoli actually swtiched to 3-5-1-1 (4-4-1-1 and some variations) and no longer depend on wing play. Vargas will strugle to get time
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:43 pm

Surag wrote:
Luca wrote: Pescara will definitely miss him, and he might raise questions of Juventus for not trusting him this season.

I dont know where the 'trust' factor came from ,but he is definitely not ready for Juventus ,not this year for sure.Even if ends up doing well for them its hardly a regrettable decision from the board.Its actually good for his progress that he is playing for Genoa right now,he is going to get a lot of playing time.

Also assuming that he does very well at Genoa this year,i'm not sure we can bring him here next season itself.I think this co-ownership deal probably lasts two years,i am not so sure but i read it somewhere.

Well, Juventus was looking to sign a very raw player like Destro and was beaten to the punch by Roma and didn't even make an attempt at Ciro.

If he scores 15-20 goals with Genoa this season (which might be a stretch) and Juventus is left with a strikeforce of players scoring 10 goals or so like last season then I don't see why you wouldn't say why not Ciro?

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next