BarcaKizz
billy_gr
free_cat
neuro11
The Sanchez
26 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

La Liga: Osasuna vs FC Barcelona - Page 4 Empty Re: La Liga: Osasuna vs FC Barcelona

Post by The Sanchez Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:51 pm

Cesc was :facepalm:
Sanchez was :facepalm: Though worked hard
Valdes was :bow:. Saved us at times and I hope he continues that form heading into second leg of SuperCopa
Pique had another good game though Puyol didn't. Too often gave away possession and wasn't the normal Puyol we all know.
Busuqests didn't not play well, probably because of the other two upfront. Iniesta made poor touches and his finishing was :facepalm:
Messi suddenly stood up (probably because of the subs that came on) and saved us again. Thought Tito played it well. Made the right substitutions and it was good that he denied Song to play when we really needed goals.
Alba was both terrible and good. Should have done better with the goal. Going forward too much though made it up with a delightful cross to Messi.

Need to focus on Madrid now!

The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

La Liga: Osasuna vs FC Barcelona - Page 4 Empty Re: La Liga: Osasuna vs FC Barcelona

Post by Jonathan28 Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:51 pm

Edit:Oh, you guys were joking about Alexis? My bad :p
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:57 pm

I wasn't joking about Alexis. He is a good player, and I don't mind him starting until Villa doesn't hit his form. But once Villa hits his form, I hope to see mainly MVP and not Alexis on the field.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:58 pm

white_star wrote:Harhar we were just joking. Having some fun no need to get defensive.

Mate I was joking as well. If I was in decensive mode I would not have used this :coffee:

Last edited by harhar11 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:00 pm

free_cat wrote:
harhar11 wrote:free dont forget that Sanchez also made a throughball to give Messi a 1vs1 with the keeper but the ref incorrectly called an offside, he gave Iniesta a sitter that he missed while in the 2nd half he was 1vs1 with the keeper himself but, once again, the ref called for an incorrect offside. So its not like he only did bad things... I thought that Tello was much worse than Sanchez..

I don't think Tello was bad, he just wasn't involved enough in this game. On the other hand, Alexis had a lot of the ball, and he did some good stuff and plenty of poor stuff. I'm not saying he was bad, like on wednesday, all I'm saying is his game wasn't very good. He was OK.

I thought that tello was bad. I mean apart from that shot that hit the post, he did absoloutly norhing. Atleast Sanchez could have had 3 assist if not for bad finishing and the referee..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:01 pm

I saw one too many mistakes from Sanchez to be honest, he attempted at least 7 times to get passed his man and only managed to get away with it once or twice. When playing as a winger he sucks, but when Messi moved in deeper he improved.
I hope to see MVP in the Madrid game.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Stejo Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:02 pm

Why does it have to be "hate" when somebody states the obvious? The guy can't dribble past a table to save his life. He's playing on the wing, rarely countering. He keeps receiving the ball just outside the penalty area. What exactly is he supposed to do if he can't dribble? Well, nothing. Which is exactly what he's been doing.

Stejo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:03 pm

Fabregas concerns me more than the forwards to be honest.
He seems uncomfortable in the deep possition and he seems to lack the required mobility
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:10 pm

billy_gr wrote:Fabregas concerns me more than the forwards to be honest.
He seems uncomfortable in the deep possition and he seems to lack the required mobility

THIS! I honestly thought he would get used to it by now. It just seams that he does not have it in him to play a CM role for Barca. He does good in AM kind of role though.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:16 pm

Perhaps he would do well in a double pivot role moving forward, Khedira/Song style.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:52 pm

I thought Alexis played better today..... still nowhere near good enough and still nowhere near what i expect of him.

I genuinely don't know what happened to him, he was so much more explosive at Udinese now he seems very timid and afraid to take risks.

There's no argument for his case anymore, unless he drastically improves the big games should see MVP without a doubt.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:11 am

He does take risks but he gets owned,coentrao had him on his pocket
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:15 am

He is short of confidence. It is not in his nature to play the Barcelona way and he still seems clueless at times when he plays. I was first to point out when he joined Barcelona that his style wasn't suited to the Catalan club.

Contrary to popular belief he is good on the wing too, as he showed countless times in Udinese and Chile. At the beginning of last season this was a signature move of Alexis: he would take on a few players on the wing and ready to whip a ball in only to see no blue and reds in the box. Barcelona are a possession-based team where players play close together to allow their short passing game flow and the Chilean's weapons don't really fit into that style nor benefits them, despite still doing wonders in Chile. I remember Piqué - while admitting to the Sánchez's quality, said his team-mates didn't understand Alexis when he joined Barça.

He needs to get more confidence. In Barcelona's system, it is clear that he will not be doing well on the wing, unless Barcelona plan to play a quicker, more all-out Bielsa-esque approach. He doesn't have what Pedro or Villa offer on the wings, whom are great with both feet, shoot well and are better passers. He is best deployed in the centre due to his superior upper body strength, the ability to turn and fantastic runs behind the defensive line, but Messi has long been utilised in the centre it is very unlikely this will change. Not to mention his poor finishing which doesn't give him the right to be a number 9 in this team.

Whoever's idea was to sign him should ask himself why he decided to pay €35 million for a jigsaw piece that doesn't fit anywhere.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:10 am

danyjr wrote:He is short of confidence. It is not in his nature to play the Barcelona way and he still seems clueless at times when he plays. I was first to point out when he joined Barcelona that his style wasn't suited to the Catalan club.

Contrary to popular belief he is good on the wing too, as he showed countless times in Udinese and Chile. At the beginning of last season this was a signature move of Alexis: he would take on a few players on the wing and ready to whip a ball in only to see no blue and reds in the box. Barcelona are a possession-based team where players play close together to allow their short passing game flow and the Chilean's weapons don't really fit into that style nor benefits them, despite still doing wonders in Chile. I remember Piqué - while admitting to the Sánchez's quality, said his team-mates didn't understand Alexis when he joined Barça.

He needs to get more confidence. In Barcelona's system, it is clear that he will not be doing well on the wing, unless Barcelona plan to play a quicker, more all-out Bielsa-esque approach. He doesn't have what Pedro or Villa offer on the wings, whom are great with both feet, shoot well and are better passers. He is best deployed in the centre due to his superior upper body strength, the ability to turn and fantastic runs behind the defensive line, but Messi has long been utilised in the centre it is very unlikely this will change. Not to mention his poor finishing which doesn't give him the right to be a number 9 in this team.

Whoever's idea was to sign him should ask himself why he decided to pay €35 million for a jigsaw piece that doesn't fit anywhere.

On paper, he could play well on the left, right and in the centre. What surprises me is that he had really one good season in which he was known as a dribbler. For 35 million for a bloke that shined briefly in Serie A, remarks me. Aguero, Surarez, Rossi and Neymarwho all were linked with us at that time were all singled out because we thought Sanchez was better and cheaper. Out of those five, who would you choose? Sanchez would be the least option just ahead of Rossi...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:53 pm

We are really clueless when Xavi is not on the pitch. We can't play our posession game properly in that we can't move the ball up the field slowly, incrementally.

We looked to have a more direct style this match, not because of Vilanova, but because there was no Xavi. When players came under pressure, they played a lot of flat balls forwards because there was no one in open space to receive the pass (Xavi). I noticed a lot of forward passes which were intended for the wingers who never got to them fast enough. I've never seen us lose possession so much.

It's not a good sign, but I think this victory helped team spirit massively. You can thank messi again for pulling magic out of his ass.

Pedro had an excellent game too and I'm really excited for his good form to continue.

Overall it was a poor and frustrating game, but I think we did have el clasico on our minds....

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:51 am

Afellay's agent has said he will go on a loan this season most probably to England. Clubs that are interested in him are Arsenal, Tottetham, Newcastle and Liverpool. Liverpool would be a great move for him. Tika-taka with Sahin, Allen and Afellay or could be placed on the wing. Liverpool would be :bow: if Afellay went there. Same could be said with Spurs. Spurs or Liverpool would be the best and most likely option for Afellay to go.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:19 am

1- Thank god Messi had good finishing in the 2nd half... These kind of games wins you the League...
2- Iniesta, could have been the best play everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... If he just has better finishing, he has of all except finishing..
3- Cesc should not play again that deep, he seemed lost today, as an attacking midfielder he does better... Thiago (will be fit next week), should play Xavi's role...
4- Alexis, his work rate is great... but, he didn't even make a single dribble in the last 3 games... very poor dribbling, needs to improve.... When he moved to the center he played much better, knows how to make these runs behind the defenders, had some good passes too...
5- Pedrito is BACKKKKKKKKKKKK, proved it in the 3 games this season Smile He should start against Madrid...
6- I liked Tito's changes in the 2nd half...
7- Valdes made 3 crucial saves in the game.. great to see him back to his best Smile
8- Messi's 1st goal was a clear offside (1st ball from Messi to Alexis)
BUT:
La Liga: Osasuna vs FC Barcelona - Page 4 A1Q9kE6CIAAbf2m
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:40 pm

Not a great game from us but these are the sort of games that win leagues.
Its also nice that we won our first away game of the season.
Alexis plays much better as a 9 than out on the wing.He is useless out wide but if he can really improve his finishing then he can become a terrific striker.
Man has insane movement.Only problem is Messi plays in the center.We would need to slightly tweak our system to accomodate them both in the center.Play Messi as a 10 and Alexis as a 9.But then Messi would have to work a hell of a lot harder than he works now.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4