The Sanchez
free_cat
BarcaKizz
38 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Marc Bartra - Page 5 Empty Re: Marc Bartra

Post by danyjr Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:00 pm

Varane has potential to be a world class defender. I'm sorry to say this but physically and technically he is more gifted than Bartra.

Bartra's peak potential would be Piqué.

danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:18 pm

danyjr wrote:Varane has potential to be a world class defender. I'm sorry to say this but physically and technically he is more gifted than Bartra.

You clearly have not watched Bartra at all if you compare him to Piqué. At least watch him play.

Varane indeed has a superior physique to Bartra, technically Bartra is way better though.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:16 pm

free_cat wrote:
danyjr wrote:Varane has potential to be a world class defender. I'm sorry to say this but physically and technically he is more gifted than Bartra.

You clearly have not watched Bartra at all if you compare him to Piqué. At least watch him play.

Varane indeed has a superior physique to Bartra, technically Bartra is way better though.
In which sense ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:50 pm

Damn, people are overrating Varane. He is a good defender and most likely has more potential than Bartra, but it's not a sacrilege to say that Bartra has been better than Varane this season.

You say like that's a bad thing. Before Pique met shakira, he was one of the best defenders in the world. Plus, Barca's high defensive line doesn't help any CB, especially not now when they don't press as much as they used to. You can be the greatest CB ever, but if you play as high as Barca has been doing the last couple of years and only have another CB to help you out while the 2 fullbacks are attacking, you will get exposed..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:59 am

Why say before he met Shakira instead of before he became lazy and unfocused?

Also I agree Pique is not the best comparison. He's been mostly playing the same role as Masche, that of the last defender.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:42 am

1- At one point, Pique was easily at Top 3 Cb and he's regaining his best form this season!

2- People are talking about Varane as if he has been playing at very high level for years, a legend or something! He had a very good season in 2012-13, I can't believe how overrated this player is now!

3- Bartra has been doing great this season with Barcelona, and there's nothing wrong with comparing him with Varane. Only thing that Varane has over Bartra, its that he's better physically!

Last edited by Khaled on Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:42 am

Varane proved himself in some big games. Bartra has yet to do that, but it is not heresy to say he has better stats than Varane and perhaps a better start of the season. Varane probably will be better when they both peak. But, currently you cant say they are pretty much equal (judging only based on this league season). Let's hope Varane is just having a bad phase.

Btw, i think only few Barca players believe Bartra is better than Varane, while most (I too) believe Varane is one of the best defenders in the making. However, this does not mean Bartra is shit, or he can't be better than Pique.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:45 am

one good tackle vs Messi although he should have been sent off in that match and a goal at camp nou all took for him to be considered World Class! He's good but not far ahead of Bartra!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:15 am

Khaled wrote:one good tackle vs Messi although he should have been sent off in that match and a goal at camp nou all took for him to be considered World Class! He's good but not far ahead of Bartra!
lol ok.. you know it was just that one tackle Rolling Eyes or maybe that's the only time you've seen him play? wouldn't be surprised
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:46 am

"Good to see Del Bosque sees his quality" doesn't mean I think he's the best defender ever for the same reasons you listed...

That being said to say he's not a good defender...I would disagree. I think he's a pretty decent young prospect that can turn into a pretty good defender. I'm not sure I would say I ever see Bartra becoming one of the best, but he can still be a pretty good defender IMO. Not that either of Spain or Barca set the standard high for CB's, but for Bartra to be the best defender for Barca when he starts against La Liga opposition when he plays and for him to get called up for Del Bosque, you are certainly being very harsh in your evaluation of Bartra. Even if you were being fair, he's young and has plenty of time to improve.

Surely you must then say if you're not sure Bartra could play in La Liga if he wasn't from La Masia then that neither of Pique or Masch should? As Bartra has outperformed them when he's played.

Then again you're just going on your whole "I'm different and I'm hating on Catalans to get Barca fans mad" thing, so I'll let you continue on.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:44 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Why say before he met Shakira instead of before he became lazy and unfocused?

Also I agree Pique is not the best comparison. He's been mostly playing the same role as Masche, that of the last defender.
Because its basically the same thing. He got lazy around the time he met Shakira.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:44 pm

CBarca wrote:"Good to see Del Bosque sees his quality" doesn't mean I think he's the best defender ever for the same reasons you listed...

That being said to say he's not a good defender...I would disagree. I think he's a pretty decent young prospect that can turn into a pretty good defender. I'm not sure I would say I ever see Bartra becoming one of the best, but he can still be a pretty good defender IMO. Not that either of Spain or Barca set the standard high for CB's, but for Bartra to be the best defender for Barca when he starts against La Liga opposition when he plays and for him to get called up for Del Bosque, you are certainly being very harsh in your evaluation of Bartra. Even if you were being fair, he's young and has plenty of time to improve.

Surely you must then say if you're not sure Bartra could play in La Liga if he wasn't from La Masia then that neither of Pique or Masch should? As Bartra has outperformed them when he's played.
Outperformed Mascherano and Piqué? Laughing I saw him against Betis and in the first 30 minutes alone he got vandalised twice by a Betis player who I hadn't even heard his name before (read: an average player). And all of a sudden he is worthy of national team call up because he's played 3-4 good games this season.

CBarca wrote:Then again you're just going on your whole "I'm different and I'm hating on Catalans to get Barca fans mad" thing, so I'll let you continue on.
Heh, it has nothing to do with Catalans. If you'd read the General forums you'd know that I jump on any one who says nonsense. Including your egotistic self.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:41 pm

If you dont think Bratra had 3-4 good games this season, you really know nothing about football and this is the last time i take your posts seriously. I doubted for long time that you are just one of those guys who like to say the opposite to what most people say, and this kind of proves it to me.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:44 am

What is this crap that Varane performs in big games? Just about every champions league match he has been at fault for a goal.
Two good games against Barca = top 5 cb in world
Varane the next wilshere
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:45 am

eelir wrote:If you dont think Bratra had 3-4 good games this season, you really know nothing about football and this is the last time i take your posts seriously. I doubted for long time that you are just one of those guys who like to say the opposite to what most people say, and this kind of proves it to me.
Sorry that I have an opinion of my own. You don't agree with it? Fine by me, I'm not looking to convince everyone. Hell, I don't care one bit if nobody agrees with me, after all I'm in a forum with a lot of Barcelona fans, many of which have their goggles or think I have some personal issue with them just because I disagree with them.

There are a few who I almost always disagree with. People with Barcelona goggles on like free_cat are in this group. Their bias towards their club or certain players does not let them think with tranquillity. I don't personally blame him as I am probably the same when it comes to Argentina or Argentinian players, but that doesn't make me not point out flaws in other people's arguments if I see one.

On the other hand I agree a lot with some people here, such as futbol (my favourite here), BC and more recently The Franchise. Or at least even if I disagree with them, I would understand their logic.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:28 am

Again, if you think Bartra had no 3-4 good games you either did not watch, or have no clue and just like to blabber. When I say good I mean like 7 or 8 out of 10 good.

And as for you expressing ideas I get it. You like the attention. Just as when we were discussing the prospect of thiago you had very different opinion to the rest of us, and suddenly changed it when he went to bayern, cuz you could now say what a nice prospect we lost.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:11 am

danyjr wrote:
CBarca wrote:"Good to see Del Bosque sees his quality" doesn't mean I think he's the best defender ever for the same reasons you listed...

Outperformed Mascherano and Piqué? :lol:I saw him against Betis and in the first 30 minutes alone he got vandalised twice by a Betis player who I hadn't even heard his name before (read: an average player). And all of a sudden he is worthy of national team call up because he's played 3-4 good games this season.

CBarca wrote:Then again you're just going on your whole "I'm different and I'm hating on Catalans to get Barca fans mad" thing, so I'll let you continue on.
Heh, it has nothing to do with Catalans. If you'd read the General forums you'd know that I jump on any one who says nonsense. Including your egotistic self.
Validating your claim on Bartra based on the first 30 minutes of the Betis game? Laughing

He also stopped what probably would have been a goal with a great tackle when a player was 1v1 with Valdes. I agree he wasn't impressive at the start of the game, but he grew into it and had an OK game. If you have watched games this season, you would realize when he's played then he's been the best CB. If you can't admit he's been better, which he has been in my opinion when he has played, then you must admit he's played up to the standards of Pique and Masch at least.

I mean christ. Bartra not La Liga quality? I'm not sure where you come up with this stuff Laughing

Egotistic self 🤣You do have me there.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:24 am

Most of the games he played he was better than Pique and Masche. He is not better than them, but he is playing better at the moment and should be given a head start.

Will he be better than Pique? I am willing to bet he is, provided that he gets enough chance to play, but no one can be sure of that.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:29 am

eelir wrote:Again, if you think Bartra had no 3-4 good games  you either did not watch, or have no clue and just like to blabber. When I say good I mean like 7 or 8 out of 10 good.

And as for you expressing ideas I get it. You like the attention. Just as when we were discussing the prospect of thiago you had very different opinion to the rest of us, and suddenly changed it when he went to bayern, cuz you could now say what a nice prospect we lost.
You're taking this forum too seriously rofl

And regarding Thiago, what you said is pure bs. I always rated Thiago. My disagreement was with people who picked him to replace Xavi, while I disagreed with him playing deeper as I saw (and still see) him made to play a more advanced role. Show me a post where I said he was not a good prospect I'll shut up forever.

Your hate doesn't let you think properly brah.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:24 pm

Pretty good article

http://www.whoscored.com/Articles/z6fr77ipheywbozjhj6mgg/Show/Player-Focus-Bartra-Developing-Balance-Between-Puyol-and-Pique#.Uod_mwPl-rI.twitter
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:31 pm

harhar11 wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Why say before he met Shakira instead of before he became lazy and unfocused?

Because its basically the same thing. He got lazy around the time he met Shakira.
sounds like barca fans have found their yoko ono
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:03 pm

danyjr wrote:You're taking this forum too seriously rofl

And regarding Thiago, what you said is pure bs. I always rated Thiago. My disagreement was with people who picked him to replace Xavi, while I disagreed with him playing deeper as I saw (and still see) him made to play a more advanced role. Show me a post where I said he was not a good prospect I'll shut up forever.

Your hate doesn't let you think properly brah.
Well first, i don't hate anyone brah (except maybe Pepe, who should not be allowed to step on a pitch). The forum search suck so i will probably not be able to find those posts. And I know most of your comments were that he will never reach the level of Xavi or Iniesta and not be the next Xavi, because no one in this forum ever expected him to be the next Xavi. To be honest, I think most of Barca fans feel there is not going to be next Xavi ever. But maybe you should not try to make someone look like shit (like you almost did with Thiago and Bartra) to make a point they are not (or will not ) be the next Xavi or Puyol. Just because someone will not be at Xavi's level, does not mean they wont be a WC, so you don't have to make them appear as shit.

BTW. Please, tell me did Bartra have 3-4 good games this season? This is the part I really like to discuss and this is the part that proves my point. You have to make him look like shit, so that you can have your 5 min.

If you don't really care about Barca's fans opinion on Bartra and you think we are deluded and hateful, please do read Marca and As, the RM press and you'll see their opinion on Bartra. Also, check whoscored.com for some more or less good ratings and you will see that he is rated as a third best player this season for us, as you obviously did not watch him play this season. I know these ratings are sometimes way off, but that might not be a bad indicator of his performance this season.

Again, I am not saying he will be better than any of other players. But the fact remains he had at least 5 good games and in one of the he was actually MOM for me.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:04 pm

Donuts wrote:I think Bartra will stay in bench to be honest, lets not get our hopes up with him starting, him getting called up is a big accomplishment.
Aaaand Bartra starts for Spain! Don't you get tired of making wrong predictions about Bartra?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:56 am

I really hope he continue to improve, and make the World Cup squad [he's better than Inigo].
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:07 pm

Khaled wrote:I really hope he continue to improve, and make the World Cup squad [he's better than Inigo].
Have you ever watched Inigo? Or is it just your usual Barca bias?

Inigo Martinez is great, and played well yesterday along Bartra. He was good in the U23 Euros last year. And, is one of Sociedad's best and most important players.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:15 pm

It was Euros u21 and Bartra was the better defender in that tournament. Inigo Martinez is just average at everythinh except ball play and grit.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next