Sri
Amar
urbaNRoots
TalkingReckless
Jay29
33 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Arsenal 0 - 0 Sunderland: New look Arsenal attack struggles with Sunderland bus - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal 0 - 0 Sunderland: New look Arsenal attack struggles with Sunderland bus

Post by SUPERCARTTS Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:15 pm

I all what I predicted happened today. Arsenal had a lot of possession. Sunderland were cautious in attack. New personel need time to adapt. Individual performances were ok in all.

Recent departures wouldn't have helped preparation although to be honest, they were very much inevitable once it became apparent. I'm confident we'll come good.

SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 0 - 0 Sunderland: New look Arsenal attack struggles with Sunderland bus - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal 0 - 0 Sunderland: New look Arsenal attack struggles with Sunderland bus

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:27 pm

Brilliant analysis
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:32 pm

Don't think the 11 we played today was the right choice.

Would have played: Szczesny; Coquelin Mertesacker Vermaelen Gibbs; Diaby Arteta; Gervinho Cazorla Podolski; Giroud.

Podolski looked lost up front on his own. Jenkinson fails to impress me 9 times out of 10.

Positves are we have Sagna, Koscielny, Wilshere, Rosicky, Chamberlain and probably Sahin to come in. We'll be fine.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:35 pm

Cazorla made 7 key passes today. No other player made more than 2. The whole Sunderland team managed 3. :bow:
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:37 pm

lmao at that stat Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:54 pm

Wenger press conference.

on a frustrating result...
We played with a good spirit. We were serious, we put the effort in. Our basic fitness is alright but we lack sharpness and fluency at the moment to be dangerous in the final third. The few chances we had, we couldn't convert them. Sunderland always play the same way against us, in the final third and defensively, and if you're not sharp enough to make the difference early in the game it becomes difficult. They defended well, they defended the whole game very well, and we lacked something - sharpness and also quality and accuracy in the final pass.

on bedding in new players...
Of course [that makes a difference too]. The formula didn't work with three strikers up front and we were not well balanced, we didn't create enough because they blocked our midfield. After that it was difficult for us. We need to be more creative in the final third.

on Santi Cazorla...
I think it's difficult not to be pleased with him because he played on Wednesday night, the whole game in Puerto Rico. All the chances were created by him, basically.

on why the Club agreed terms to sell Song...
Because we have Wilshere coming back, I believe in one and a half months. We have Diaby back, we have Rosicky not far away and we might bring another midfielder in as well. You have to be patient a little bit [over any new signings].

on players leaving at their peak...
It is frustrating, we have learnt to deal with that. I believe as well that the financial potential of some clubs is massive and that makes a difference.

on replacing Robin van Persie's goals...
Maybe people are right [that he would have made a difference], maybe they are wrong - you can never check that. We have played some draws at home with Van Persie, we have lost some games with Van Persie as well. It's true that last year in every game he found something special. I never denied that we lost a world-class player, that is very difficult to replace.

I feel that Podolski is not [physically] ready yet but he has the quality, and Giroud you could see has a presence when he is on the pitch in this position. Man United looked everywhere, if they didn't buy anybody else and went for Van Persie at 29 years of age, it's because they realised that quality is difficult to find on the market.

on Giroud's chance...
Giroud had a great chance on his right foot. I think he had more time than he thought and we expected him to score that one, of course.

on getting the balance right up front...
In some games it works, in some not. We went for a different formula last year and the balance is not always right, but in this game today we needed maybe one more creative player to be a bit more accurate in the final third. There was not a lot of space left to our strikers, everything had to be created from our midfield.

on whether Song asked to leave...
He expressed a desire to go to Barcelona.

on a missed opportunity against Sunderland...
Of course. It is always frustrating in the game when you have so much possession and so little points. You have to calculate that you make a draw or two or three during a season, but you don't want to make it at the start in the first game. I personally prefer to play away in the first game.

on showing patience after Van Persie's departure...
I feel that when you are on the football pitch, you don't think about the players who are not there. You try to make a good pass when you have the ball, all the rest is not a valid excuse. We had the opportunity to play the ball quicker, our overall passing was not quick enough today in my opinion. That is not necessarily linked with Robin.

on Nicklas Bendtner...
He is likely to move, yes. There is no deal done at all.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:39 pm

exactly.. i didnt have much expectations.. so no disappointment...
Podolski was lost.. He will need time to settle in our style of play..
Cazorla :bow: sheer quality... i havent watched enough of him and wondered why he was voted this summers best signing in front of Kagawa and Hazard.. now i know.. Easily fitted into our game.. Diaby and Arteta had average games..
feel sad for Giroud that he missed his only chance..
the most frustrating thing is watching Gervinho and Walcott.. :facepalm: i see no improvement.. Gervinho worked his heart out beating his man again and again, but the end product was zero as usual.. hmm
cant comment much on defense as they were hardly tested..
we never missed Song... but my mind says if it was RVP instead instead of Giroud... confused :facepalm:
forget him...:brickwall:
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by abirking Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:44 pm

My thoughts on the game is that it was a game we have watched many times over the last few seasons. Teams coming to the Emirates and park the bus, we pass the ball around with no end result.

Giroud should have won the game with the chance he got. I think he tried to curl it in but failed.

Podolski was ok i guess, this being his first game. Cazorla was simply Awesome. Arteta kept the Midfield ticking.

Biggest disappointment for me was Walcott. For me he lacks the dribbling skills to take on defenders, which is important in such matches. How he thinks he deserves 100000 pound is beyond me.
Gervinho may not have got the final ball right 50% of the time but he has good dribbling skills. We need someone like him on the RW as well in such games.
Walcott is good when we play away or are leading as he gets space to exploit.
Credit to sunderland, they had a plan and executed it well.
abirking
abirking
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:54 pm

podolski should play outwide, should NEVER play in the middle imo. not big enough
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:56 pm

Walcott is useless against teams that park the bus. Oxlade-Chamberlain should play ahead of him in these kind of matches when fit.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:58 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Walcott is useless against teams that park the bus. Oxlade-Chamberlain should play ahead of him in these kind of matches when fit.

agreed
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:10 pm

It was more frustrating than disappointing really.
At times we looked like we really needed that extra spark from someone.
But the chemistry can only get better from now on. So let's believe. cheers

Don't know who got POTM, but had Giroud finished that chance,there's no question about Cazorla getting it. Sad
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:16 pm

hmmm ! I expected a win ! what da hell Giroud did....Ok ,i know it's his 1st time to play 4ASN officially>EPL but no excuse anymore 4him and co. !!! Enough.

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:20 pm

REWB wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:Walcott is useless against teams that park the bus. Oxlade-Chamberlain should play ahead of him in these kind of matches when fit.

agreed
double agreed.. Thumbs up i remember cashri doing a good job on the wings against such teams with his skills and teaming with Cesc and RIP... none of them here now to teach Gervinho.. :facepalm:
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:26 pm

Great analysis
if we get sahin he will share creative burden and we wont miss song
Gervinho completed 10 dribbles not sure if any player in pl had better record today
but want to see more effect from full backs
+when kos is back then what will happen to those corners in to near post aimed per godolski should postion himself to hit 3rd balls that would be perfect
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:27 pm

Gervinho has to learn to be lethal. i really expect he is practising this side of his game. he remind me a bit nani of few years ago .

High hope on Santi carzola but the lack of a pure 9 , a killer will be problematic. at least for the start of the season , podolski is not used to play as a 9 and girourd need time .

Could chamack help ? he is not THAT bad :coffee:
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:28 pm

+i voted for Jenko just to support him Very Happy
he adds extra height vs stoke
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:37 pm

i agree with the assessment on theo against bus parking teams. oxlade-chamberlain wasn't fit though, so it shouldve been gervinho on the right, podolski left, and giroud up top
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:38 pm

Theo would have been good if he was actually fit. He got pulled out of England because of injury. Wenger took a gamble and started him, he was clearly unfit.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:53 pm

Another point: Giroud's movement for his chance was van Persie-esque :bow: not a big problem for a striker when he basically creates chances for himself with great movement. Goals will come soon.

Cazorla's pass was brilliant, finally replaced Cesc.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:56 pm

Walcott actually had three attempts at goal. Two from the centre, one from the right. Missed the target on all three, but if he scores one then no one is complaining about his performance.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:11 pm

Arsenal needs more spaniards to the team. Llorente would have been better choice rather than Giroud.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:24 pm

Nameless wrote:Arsenal needs more spaniards to the team. Llorente would have been better choice rather than Giroud.
Its still not to late I think we should still go after him. I mean Giroud is a good player but compare our striking situation to all the other top EPL teams.
We have Giroud and other players who either aren't good enough or will be sold soon. So basically one man show at striker.

City have Tevez, Aguero, Balotelli, Dzeko... Man U have Rooney, RVP, Chicharito, Welbeck, Berbatov...

And we have Giroud. Again I know he is a good player, but how can we really compete with these teams if our best and basically only striker is probably only at the level of their 3rd or 4th stiker?

We should just use the RVP money and buy Llorente, it gives us depth and options. And makes us much better. Use the Song money to buy M'Vila, and use the money from selling Bendtner for another RB because Jenkinson isn't going to cut it With sagna out.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:28 pm

Problem with Llorente is that he would come for around three times Giroud's price,without giving any new dimension to our game.

If we are looking at strikers, we shouldn't look any further than Mirallas, who we were linked with a few weeks ago. He is fast,technical and also versatile.
But reports say he's headed to Everton. Neutral
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:29 pm

How about we actually give these guys a break? It's the first f*cking game of the season :facepalm:

It took Henry 8 games to score his first goal for Arsenal
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:35 pm

I feel ya Lex. Whats done is done. Im sure Giroud will start being productive again. Matter of time and form.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next