Ganso
Blue Barrett
Abramovich
Shed
lszanto
31 posters

Page 27 of 34 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30 ... 34  Next

Go down

The Fridge Full of Cash - Romelu Lukaku - Page 27 Empty Re: The Fridge Full of Cash - Romelu Lukaku

Post by Abramovich Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:50 am

To put it bluntly your football knowledge isn't the best so let's not go there. If you can't watch a game and think that Origi this game for 90 minutes, had significantly more impact than Lukaku over the first 2 games. Generally played well then I really can't be arsed talking to you and your bias views.

Getting near one cross = not hitting the crossbar? I don't get what your trying to say. He had a few shots today yes his finishing wasn't brilliant, but hey guess what. 2 GAMES Lukaku failed to hit a shot on target.

If Gervinho could improve his decision making skills he would be top class, if Ramires could improve his technique he would be world class. Blah blah blah, we all know what Lukaku is about so let's not kid ourselves. He's got a lot of potential but if you can't admit his physicality is his main asset I don't know what to say, he is far from a fantastic player.

Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Fridge Full of Cash - Romelu Lukaku - Page 27 Empty Re: The Fridge Full of Cash - Romelu Lukaku

Post by Kick Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:53 am

So, How did Origi play for Lille this season?

You're judging him off 1 start and 3 sub appearances? I am judging Lukaku off 3 years of watching him.

Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:02 am

So we have gone from the WC games and specifically this USA game to the club games before the world cup? /slowclap.

Waste of time, we have been taking the urine out of Lulu for his shambolic performances in the WC until today and his massive ego.

Lulu scoring crappy scuffed shot goals vs Wigan or who ever isn't going to ever convince me he's as good as he thinks he is.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:10 am

You're right, who needs a CF who can score against the minnows? Rolling Eyes

Oh wait....

Also, You called Origi better than Lukaku, I just want to know what you're basing it on, since you claim to have superior football knowledge.

Or since we're only judging things off this world cup, Costa Rica and Chile > Italy, England and Spain.

Since we all know that is not true, why don't you quite your hyping of Origi until you've seen him play more than 4 games? How about after a season? If he performs well for Lille over next season, then I may change my mind, but at present, he isn't even better than Nolan Roux Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:16 am

For a club of our size & ambition he's at best a backup player to run against tired defenses. I think everyone knows he's a great goalscorer (not so much a finisher) but #9's are required to do so much more these days. It's why strikers like Hernandez warm the bench for both club and country, why Gomez was sold for Bayern, why we're seeing more of the likes of Sturridge, Muller, Benzema, Suarez, van Persie leading the line etc.

Origi looked like 2x the player yesterday and it's no surprise Belgium had their first good game with him starting. I wouldn't mind keeping Lukaku and using him as a super sub and starting him against the shit teams but it's obvious his inflated ego and insecurity will demand so much more than that.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:21 am

Honestly I'm close to giving up, reread my Wigan remark and try again. I'll try put it as simple as possible, fair play to him scoring vs minnows or who ever. BUT UNTIL HE STARTS SCORING LIKE A ZLATAN/AGUERO/FALCAO/INSERTTOPSTRIKERHERE then he should stop acting like hes one.

Why can't you do a direct comparison between the 2 players at the WC in the same squad, surely that is the fairest way to compare???

If you can't tell Origi has been much better then I really can't do this no more. I'm not even hyping Origi that much, can't you interp it as (which is the truth) I don't rate him that highly.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:24 am

Kickster, you're contesting something that was never suggested in the first place. No one ever said Lukaku couldn't score goals or was a poor player. All that's been asserted in here is that A.) he has a very big ego; one entirely too big for his current quality as a player - which is true, and B.) that he has had a shocking World Cup - which, even despite his showing today, is, on the whole, also true, or at least undeniably was at the time those comments were made.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:26 am

PS

Talking to fanboys is a joke, this whole experience makes me think of how it would be like if I was slagging off Bieber to a bieber fan girl.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:38 am

I've never once mentioned his ego.

I am simply saying you prove you wrong by saying it was the correct call not to play him from the start. His movement in attack is so much superior to that of Origi's that he would have done a much better job.

I am also trying to understand how anyone can consider Origi a better player after only watching 3 sub and 1 start? especially after being told I have no football knowledge.

I understand you guys aren't fond of Lukaku because of his ego, but don't you think that if he returns, knuckles down and fights for a spot in the first team, he'll turn out to be a great player? Don't hate him because he as a big ego, it could well come in handy. But hey, let's sell him and bring in another Non-homegrown player, shall we? Oh wait, we can't presently Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:50 am

Kick wrote:I've never once mentioned his ego.

Yes, that's the problem. Your entire campaign today has been in fighting a point that wasn't made.

Kick wrote:I am simply saying you prove you wrong by saying it was the correct call not to play him from the start.

You've got to be kidding, surely.

I refuse to believe you think a player coming on as an impact sub and doing well = that player would have done the same if he'd started. You're not that daft.

Kick wrote:I understand you guys aren't fond of Lukaku because of his ego, but don't you think that if he returns, knuckles down and fights for a spot in the first team, he'll turn out to be a great player?

Again, no one said he wouldn't. All were disputing is the idea that he's now somehow made it as a player after his spell at Everton (as suggested earlier in the thread by the likes of Art and Nick) and deserves to be outright #1 striker.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:58 am

Shed wrote:
Kick wrote:I've never once mentioned his ego.

Yes, that's the problem. Your entire campaign today has been in fighting a point that wasn't made.

I don't see how his ego affects what I said. His Ego probably helped him perform today, as well.

Shed wrote:
Kick wrote:I am simply saying you prove you wrong by saying it was the correct call not to play him from the start.

You've got to be kidding, surely.

I refuse to believe you think a player coming on as an impact sub and doing well = that player would have done the same if he'd started. You're not that daft.
I am not saying he would have done the same, but he looked better than Origi did. Plus knowing Lukaku, of all of those crosses that Belgium put into the box in the first half, Lukaku would have gotten on the end of some, a lot more than Origi did. I cannot see what Origi brings over Lukaku, to me, Lukaku was benched so that he would pick up his performences, he did exactly that and I believe he'll start over Origi vs Argentina.

Shed wrote:
Kick wrote:I understand you guys aren't fond of Lukaku because of his ego, but don't you think that if he returns, knuckles down and fights for a spot in the first team, he'll turn out to be a great player?

Again, no one said he wouldn't. All were disputing is the idea that he's now somehow made it as a player after his spell at Everton (as suggested earlier in the thread by the likes of Art and Nick) and deserves to be outright #1 striker.

So why the hate on Lukaku then? I seriously don't understand why you guys dislike him so much.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:11 am

I can't speak for Ade or anyone else, but from where or what have you apprehended that I dislike him 'so much'? Apart from slating his arrogance and self-importance, which I readily and happily acknowledge I dislike passionately, all I've done is take some slight pleasure, if not schadenfreude, in a kid who thinks he's the Belgian Gerd Müller being knocked down a peg or two after a year of slagging off Chelsea as a club and bigging himself up like he was too good either for the role he was likely to be given upon returning to it or to fight for his place like any other player at any other club.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:25 am

So it's purely because of his ego?

Also, none of your posts about him are positive. Doesn't give a nice feeling towards him from you.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:31 am

His ego and everything that derives from it, yes.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:04 pm

My god its pointless, may as well move on.

It's like the whole world vs kick and he won't let go. Sometimes its obvious to most but clearly not some  :brickwall: 

Lukaku was benched so that he would pick up his performences wrote:

I'm so done  rofl  rofl  rofl  rofl  rofl  rofl lets ignore he had 0 shots on target first 2 games.

For reference here's the take of WAGNH -

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/7/2/5863592/romelu-lukaku-usa-belgium-chelsea-diego-costa

The sentence relegated to bench and more impressive, will this break through your delusions? If it does it stings doesn't it???

Superior movement  rofl rofl Lukaku has been decimated by all of the BBC cast for his lack of, sometimes I wish I look through these fanboy tinted glasses maybe so the pain of watching Torres doesn't hurt that much.

Ending this now, world vs kick only one winner in reality.

To conclude I shall use this quote
He may yet one day actually live up to his own billing of "complete striker." He might even make that step up next season wrote:

I as a Chelsea fan really hope he does do this and talks less to the media, whether it be this season coming or somewhere else down the line.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:52 pm

The Fridge Full of Cash - Romelu Lukaku - Page 27 Tumblr_n85lz6SQmk1ruhh4yo1_1280

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:48 am

I've heard they are after Mandzukic. Still think keeping Lukaku is a better idea.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:51 am

That would depend on what his attitude would be.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:56 am

Hopefully more like Dave and less like Juan.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:58 am

Ideally
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:35 am

I personally love the idea of Lukaku as a sub. He is too fast and strong for tired defenders as he proved against USA Mad 
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:53 am

Kick wrote:I've heard they are after Mandzukic. Still think keeping Lukaku is a better idea.

Mandzukic can do everything Costa can do a 100 times better. He is perfect for their system and what they want their forward to do.

This isn't to say Lukaku can't be a great player for them, but him and Mario are very different players and while the system would have to change a bit to fit Lukaku, it wouldn't need to change to fit Mandzukic.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:14 am

Blue wrote:I personally love the idea of Lukaku as a sub. He is too fast and strong for tired defenders as he proved against USA Mad 
I do too, Costa spends the start of the game wearing the defence out and just when they think they're going to catch a break, on comes the Kraken to have at them. Thumbs up
Motogp69 wrote:
Kick wrote:I've heard they are after Mandzukic. Still think keeping Lukaku is a better idea.

Mandzukic can do everything Costa can do a 100 times better. He is perfect for their system and what they want their forward to do.

This isn't to say Lukaku can't be a great player for them, but him and Mario are very different players and while the system would have to change a bit to fit Lukaku, it wouldn't need to change to fit Mandzukic.

I'd argue he isn't as good as Costa at Finishing.

But if Atleti have any ambition, they should sign Mandzukic over Lukaku.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:38 am

The difference is negligible Costa has a 30% conversion rate while Mandzukic had a 29% conversion rate. However, Mandzukic is more accurate with his shots than Costa (69% to 54%) and recorded almost as man goals in 900 fewer minutes (evenly among left/right and headed goals).

Last edited by Motogp69 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:01 am

Dat 100 times betterness Proud
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:07 pm

Reports in Spain are now saying that Atleti are no longer after Lukaku.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/7/4/5870365/make-up-rumor-deny-rumor-journalism-is-easy
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 34 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30 ... 34  Next