Is 40m euros for javi martinez the most overpriced transfer ever? - Page 5 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Is 40m euros for javi martinez the most overpriced transfer ever?

+43
la bestia negra
izzy
gondov
Zealous
the xcx
BiasedMilanFan3
Kingofeverythingclassy
II Capitano
The Sanchez
StrugaRock
Albiceleste
Arquitecto
ELO
McAgger
Magricos
Babun
lenear1030
FalcaoPunch
CBarca
VanDeezNuts
rwo power
LeSwagg James
VivaStPauli
Vibe
Onyx
che
Doc
stevieg8
DRK
aford92
VendettaRed07
Le Samourai
Art Morte
S
Great Leader Sprucenuce
LeVersacci
The Messiah
Raptorgunner
Swanhends
Ganso
Mp4krJuventino
Gil
free_cat
47 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Is 40m euros for javi martinez the most overpriced transfer ever? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is 40m euros for javi martinez the most overpriced transfer ever?

Post by Zealous Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:11 pm

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:
Zealous wrote:More often than not expensive things are expensive for a reason.

Disagree there, thats too much of a blanket statement, it varies from product/service to product/service

Perhaps but overall I do think that line of thought is accurate.

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Is 40m euros for javi martinez the most overpriced transfer ever? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is 40m euros for javi martinez the most overpriced transfer ever?

Post by Zealous Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:13 pm

"Martinez? Never heard of him." - Beckenbauer Laughing
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:27 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Martinez will be well worth it but Hoeness is still a bitch :coffee:
He's called "Abteilung Attacke" (=attack department) at Bayern for a reason. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:03 pm

Javi Martinez is fast?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:19 pm

mtfootball wrote:Javi Martinez is fast?

Not the fastest player around but still way faster than Schweinsteiger and Kroos. His acceleration is ok but have a better pace overall.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:55 pm

The Messiah wrote:

Not the fastest player around but still way faster than Schweinsteiger and Kroos. His acceleration is ok but have a better pace overall.

Suspect
You...........haven't watched him extensively have you?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:21 pm

The Messiah wrote:

Laughing
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:02 pm

izzy wrote:
The Messiah wrote:

Suspect

Are you kidding me...? Do you know how much off him I have watched, right from the very first day he was linked with us..?
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:05 pm

46million plus eto thats the most overpriced transfer ever
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:09 pm

izzy wrote:
The Messiah wrote:

Suspect

Is 40m euros for javi martinez the most overpriced transfer ever? - Page 5 MVKXV
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:10 pm

The Messiah wrote:
izzy wrote:
The Messiah wrote:

Suspect

Are you kidding me...? Do you know how much off him I have watched, right from the very first day he was linked with us..?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

He played 1 or 2 games after you were linked with him. Copa final and Olympic game. Laughing

There's no shame in admitting you don't know very much about the player.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:12 pm

izzy wrote:
The Messiah wrote:
izzy wrote:
The Messiah wrote:

Suspect

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

He played 1 or 2 games after you were linked with him. Copa final and Olympic game. Laughing

There's no shame in admitting you don't know very much about the player.

It doesn't even matter if I watched him or not, what matters is that every single Bayern fan/player/legends/staff are happy with the transfer if it goes through.

Is 40m euros for javi martinez the most overpriced transfer ever? - Page 5 MVKXV
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:14 pm

The Messiah wrote:It doesn't even matter if I watched him or not, what matters is that every single Bayern fan/player/legends/staff are happy with the transfer if it goes through.

So, why the need to lie? Laughing

Also, didn't The Kaiser say he didn't know who he was? Laughing
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:20 pm

izzy wrote:
The Messiah wrote:It doesn't even matter if I watched him or not, what matters is that every single Bayern fan/player/legends/staff are happy with the transfer if it goes through.

So, why the need to lie? Laughing

Also, didn't The Kaiser say he didn't know who he was? Laughing

I don't have time for pointless debate and I dont wish to elaborate. But I will say this.

1: Kaiser also said he's very happy with the transfer.

2: if I said do you know how much of him I have watched, doesn't that also includes previous matches before he was linked with us...?
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:24 am

Robbery wrote:46million plus eto thats the most overpriced transfer ever

That's a very overpriced transfer, but you were getting a top striker who could easily be valued around 45 milion. The actual price was around 65, so it's a 50% overpriced IMO.

Javi Martinez is a player whose value is not more than 20 milion, and Bayern is paying 40 milion. That's a 100% of overprice.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:37 am

Actually free if ibra was worth 45m then etoo was worth more or the samesince he was better at the time or atleast at the same level.Then the transfer was 90m+.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:42 am

Eto'o was in the last year of his contract at that time.Assuming Eto'o was valued at €25m which seems like a fair price.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:47 am

Surag wrote:Eto'o was in the last year of his contract at that time.Assuming Eto'o was valued at €25m which seems like a fair price.

Exactly. Eto'o was at least as good as Ibra but Eto'o was on his last year. We've seen how much has cost RVP to Man Utd, it's a good reference for the Eto'os price.

Relatively, Ibra was still less overpriced than Javi Martinez.

For Barça, probably only Overmars and Saviola (both around 40 milion) come close to being as overpriced as Javi Martinez.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:51 am

Arquitecto wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
che wrote:on a related note, how completely *bleep* are bilbao? replacing llorente with aduriz and martinez with... well, noone, really

and la liga keeps going further down the toilet...

Tsk tsk Che, keep your head up Smile

Ander Iturraspe keeps flying over everyones head as along with Xabier Prieto, he is the most underrated midfielder in the Liga and was by a considerable gap Athletic's best midfielder last season. Imagine the tenacity of Scott Parker with the drive and skill of Fernando Redondo. That is Iturraspe for you.

Is 40m euros for javi martinez the most overpriced transfer ever? - Page 5 No

Is 40m euros for javi martinez the most overpriced transfer ever? - Page 5 Ander-Herrera-bemoans-his-sides-defeat-against-Atletico-La-Liga-News-153905

Razz

LMAO Josh coincidently I was writing this paragraph in having you in mind as I knew you would bring this up Very Happy

Ander is incredibly underrated I agree, but the fact is Itu and Prieto are so underrated it self-microwaves my balls. But I've long appreciated your own appreciation for Ander as I personally feel he is even better than Thiago and is the future TQ/AM for our NT. We need to bring more awareness on this forum to this gem of a player.

Hopefully though Bielsa will stop subbing him off (although its down to his stamina e.g Mou vs Oezil).

Off topic, but Thiago shits on Ander Herrera everyday and will always shit on him.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:05 am

The Messiah wrote:

:facepalm:

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:15 am

Chygrynsky €25m
Felipe Melo €25m
Anderson €30m
Coentrao €30m
James Milner €30.5m

Just to name a few.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:42 am

James Milner for 30m and Felipe Melo for 25m :facepalm:.Btw has anybody here wondered why we havent bought a centre-back is because of the failure of Chygrynsky?Cant see why we can pay €25m and cant pay 27m on Agger.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:32 am

James Milner wasn't 30 million Laughing

He was 15m plus Ireland and considering his form at the time it was probably about right.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:40 am

free_cat wrote:
Surag wrote:Eto'o was in the last year of his contract at that time.Assuming Eto'o was valued at €25m which seems like a fair price.

Exactly. Eto'o was at least as good as Ibra but Eto'o was on his last year. We've seen how much has cost RVP to Man Utd, it's a good reference for the Eto'os price.

Relatively, Ibra was still less overpriced than Javi Martinez.

For Barça, probably only Overmars and Saviola (both around 40 milion) come close to being as overpriced as Javi Martinez.

We couldn't sell Eto'o for 20M back then, so apparently the market decided he wasn't worth it (1 year left on his contract and all). This all took place in the transfer market in which RM went on their shopping spree (CR and Kaká obv.), which in the end triggered, along with Man. City and PSG being Qatarised (is that a word? It is now), some very inflated prices for players. If we were to sell THAT Eto'o THIS season (so I'm talking about a hypothetical situation with him being of the same age as back then and having just one year left on his contract) I would think we would be able to fetch around 20-30M as using RvP's signing could be a good comparison. But seeing as the actual transfer took place in '09, I don't see why we can really compare these transfers due to what's happened in the football world. So in the end we overpayed for Zlatan, but Eto'o his worth wasn't as high as 25M, simply because the market dictated, at the time, that he wasn't even worth 20M.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:51 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:James Milner wasn't 30 million Laughing

He was 15m plus Ireland and considering his form at the time it was probably about right.

If you look at it that way neither did Felipe Melo cost €25m in cash only..The total deal of Milner was worth £24m(€30.5m) with Ireland going the other way worth £8m.

You cant ignore facts.In the transfer record books Ibra will ranked as a Top 5 transfer(3rd costliest transfer) in terms of total value and not only taking how much he cost in cash only into account.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:06 pm

Ireland has never been worth 8m in his life Laughing

In any case i don't like adding the value of the player on top of the transfer fee.

I always found the Ibra deal being 70m rather silly, it was 45m plus eto'o not 70m.

They paid 45m not 70m.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next