Post by huntsman Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:02 am

huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Diego Maradona - Page 4 Empty Re: Diego Maradona

Post by Arquitecto Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:40 am

huntsman wrote:

One of the most iconic clips in Futbol history, and in ways that is tricky to explain.

The combination of the track, him training with laces out and his general charisma and having the time of his life, is beautiful. This training segment and others so many upcoming stars and legends would just sit and watch him, mesmerised.

Diego gone a bit too early that I would have liked.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:32 pm

The feels keep pouring in

https://tv6.news/maradona-was-a-lie-the-viral-text-of-a-brazilian-journalist-named-diego/

Maradona is the biggest lie we’ve ever told. Maradona is such a blatant and exaggerated lie that it cannot be true. How a 1.65 player was so strong, he would hit defenders bigger than himself and still go up against them melee. It seemed like it was growing, and indeed it was growing, but it is a lie. It is a lie to say that Maradona carried the 86 Cup on his back, and that in the match against England he scored one of the most emblematic goals of a World Cup and still scored another with his hand that, although illegal, is celebrated. Can you believe that a goal with the hand is loved?

Maradona is so much a lie that he made us believe in real heroes. He made a poor and precarious country like Argentina see him as a symbol of relief and hope. He made a part of Italy turn against itself in the World Cup, during the match in Naples and asked, with a tough face, that the city support Argentina. Maradona lifted the world and yet he never stopped being present in it: he was left-wing and politically active. He mourned Fidel’s death and celebrated Lula’s release. A player who did all of that and fell into the world of drugs, so he could be the “ruin of an idol”, but is still seen as God? Do you believe that? I read once that it doesn’t matter what he did with his life, but what he did with ours is what matters. I agree. Maradona proved that gods bleed, yes.

As a coach, he led Argentina to the 2010 World Cup, in a match marked by rain and despair against Peru, and bet on Palermo, who scored in the last minute. And in his last step at La Bombonera, the team he trained (Gimnasia y Esgrima) lost to Boca and thus (we Boca fans) were champions of the last Argentine championship. That was all they told us and what we saw. But even looking at it it seems like a lie. Maradona is a lie because it is a fiction, it is a fantasy, it is a film that one would say is “too exaggerated”. It’s the movie that you take your child to see and you are left wondering: “What the hell is this?”

I am very honored to have the name Diego, which made me give a lot of love and appreciation to my Argentine blood. It made me love football the way I love it. Maradona is a lie to normal people. It is the exaggeration, the lack of understanding, the illusion and the hope that with “balls” we can do anything, even overcome death. Maradona is superhuman. The last lie we tell about him is that he died, because the truth is that he will live forever.

Meanwhile the argentine govt has completely screwed up his funeral, which descended into ultras taking over the Pink House (our equivalent of the US' White House) and getting into streetfights with the police. Sad...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:01 pm

Rest in peace legend.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:35 pm

Does anyone know how he died?

This looks interesting

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:46 pm

My father saw him play on the TV in his early days, and he tried to emulate his style of playing (Even learning to dribble and shoot with his left leg, becoming an ambidextrous player).

No matter what country you are from, you likely have heard of the man and considered him a legend. Football is a truly international sport and its legends international heroes.

Rest in Peace
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:58 pm

My father would tell me stories of Maradona's greatness and it wasn't until the introduction of the internet where I can finally see his greatness. I was blown away the moment I watched those videos and I'll always believe he is the greatest to ever play the game
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:24 am

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:30 am

Even BC would have celebrated for this goal against River

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:38 am

That's definitely a grudging clap goal

Like the time he did this at the Bernabeu and the Madrid fans clapped too

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:36 pm

Wow, glad to see more and more of these videos, inspiring stuff Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:48 pm

he's had a goal from boca from the half way line, albeit a small pitch but still amazing. he's had some crazy goals and skills at napoli that probably aren't even on tape. him and ronaldinho are the most skilled i've seen with the ball ever. you would hear maradona did something that sounded so ridiculous with the ball, by guys who exagerate a lot and u didn't even have an ounce of doubt in the statement. cos u would watch a game on sunday and see him do something probably even crazier than what u heard last week
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:16 am

Maradona v Bayern Munich 1989
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:33 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Jupp Heynckes the manager Proud
Hansi Flick central defender with the number 4 Proud
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:36 pm

All i can say is he was a good footballer.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:00 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

I find it interesting how he's morphed into a traditional 10 at this point in his career. Even though Maradona's remembered for the mazy dribbles, his style became much more pass and move following 86. Based on the tapes I've seen, his transition started around 84. Goikoetxea's foul on him and his move to Napoli which saw him playing in mid-80s Serie A played a part too. I guess that's why he was so effective in 86. He still had the athletic ability to break lines with his explosive dribbles (on shitty pitches too), but he had also developed his quick passing game by then. He was very much a dynamic forward.

I think around 88/89 was when he morphed to more of a classic 10. It gets me thinking though. I wonder how his playing style would have been like if he played in the modern era. The referees would have protected him more, the pitches would have been better, and you would assume he would have been more professional with the emphasis on health science now. A dynamic Maradona playing as a forward for a modern team would have been a sight. He probably could have maintained his dynamic playing style much longer than he did. Messi was able to do so until 2019, but even Messi underwent a bit of a shift in 2013 after his muscle injuries. Speaking about Messi I don't think I've ever seen two players have as many parallels ever. Both Argentine, similar playing styles, Messi's recreated his most famous goals, and they are both considered top 3 in football history. Maradona called him his successor when Messi was just 18!

Now in terms of differences, Maradona wasn't as consistent or efficient as Messi, but he was more creative. He had a wider passing selection and was more likely to attempt audacious solutions (rabonas, scissor kicks etc). I think he would've been awesome in modern day CL and he probably would have won 5+ champions leagues if he played for a present-day super team. He had that charisma and leadership that Messi doesn't have, even though I think Messi is a better player technically. Then again, Maradona was a street footballer who didn't have the tactical education that Messi received. I mean it was good in that it allowed Maradona to keep his ingenuity on the pitch, but it likely played a part in hurting his consistency.

There are too many variables involved when it comes to comparing players from different eras. However, saying all of that brought up an interesting thought experiment. Imagine if it was Pele or Maradona playing as a F9 in that Pep Barca team.....that might need its own post for another day wow.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4