lenear1030
free_cat
guest7
Le Samourai
Raptorgunner
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

How much is Luka Modric is worth? - Page 3 Empty Re: How much is Luka Modric is worth?

Post by Abramovich Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:13 am

Modric being poor defensively is a myth, he is much better at defending then people make out.

Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

How much is Luka Modric is worth? - Page 3 Empty Re: How much is Luka Modric is worth?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:17 am

I would agee on flat 4-4-2( being a Newcastle fan i know this only too well) but Arry would usually use VDV between Ade and Modric so it's more of a 4-2-3-1.

Pirlo is different, yes he isn't great defensively but like Xavi and the likes he doesn't just dominate games but also creates and influence plays in the final third.

Modric doesn't do either even if he is capable of it, it's very rare he dominates the midfield and influence play in the final third.

He's a quality player i'm not even going to try and argue against that but i understand why some people feel the way they do about him for the reasons i mentioned.

Agree on the 4-3-3 comment though.

As for the money i'd pay for him, it would be £25m max.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:21 am

And 24m is the latest offer by Real Madrid.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:26 am

After careful consideration of the views expressed in this thread, I have altered my valuation to 2.5 million yen.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:15 am

38m euros max imo
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:24 am

Abramovich wrote:Modric being poor defensively is a myth, he is much better at defending then people make out.

This is true. Modric is no DM nor is he a headless chicken like the good lad Scotty Parker, but he is not bad defensively by any means.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:13 pm

jibers wrote:
aford92 wrote:So, they have Sahin who does exactly the same job as Modric, better than Modric does and yet they are getting rid of Sahin and paying stupid money for Modric.

Genius.

yea he does it better than Modric based on that alighty performance he had in 2o minutes for madrid last season. Get a grip people.

No, based on his amazing displays for Dortmund. I hear everyone talking about how great Modric is and how great his passing is, but he made 50 appearances for club and country last season and only got 5 assists, the same the season before that. Meanwhile Alonso got 11, Xavi got 12 Pirlo got 13 and they all sit deep and dictate the play. Surely if you are going to play £30m+ for a player he should be one of the best players in his position in the world, and clearly, Modric is not.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:25 pm

aford92 wrote:
jibers wrote:
aford92 wrote:So, they have Sahin who does exactly the same job as Modric, better than Modric does and yet they are getting rid of Sahin and paying stupid money for Modric.

Genius.

yea he does it better than Modric based on that alighty performance he had in 2o minutes for madrid last season. Get a grip people.

No, based on his amazing displays for Dortmund. I hear everyone talking about how great Modric is and how great his passing is, but he made 50 appearances for club and country last season and only got 5 assists, the same the season before that. Meanwhile Alonso got 11, Xavi got 12 Pirlo got 13 and they all sit deep and dictate the play. Surely if you are going to play £30m+ for a player he should be one of the best players in his position in the world, and clearly, Modric is not.

There is anothe stat known as key passes. How many Key Passes or Pre-Assists does Mordic have??

And stats mean shit anyway.

Modric is a very fine player which I can see by my own eyes. Loosers only swear by stats

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:26 pm

aford92 wrote:
jibers wrote:

Genius.

Alonso plays for Real Madrid, Xavi for Barcelona, two of the best team in the world currently. Pirlo plays for the champions of Italy and is one of the best ever in his position.

Modric plays for Spuds, if you look further than just the actual assists you would see that he created the third most scoring chances in the EPL last season with 96, only behind Silva (104) and Mata (102).

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:13 pm

Crimson wrote:
aford92 wrote:
jibers wrote:

Genius.

Alonso plays for Real Madrid, Xavi for Barcelona, two of the best team in the world currently. Pirlo plays for the champions of Italy and is one of the best ever in his position.

Modric plays for Spuds, if you look further than just the actual assists you would see that he created the third most scoring chances in the EPL last season with 96, only behind Silva (104) and Mata (102).

EPL last season with 96, only behind Silva (104) and Mata (102).

Do you have the full list?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:37 pm

Crimson wrote:
aford92 wrote:
jibers wrote:

Genius.

You're acting like Spurs are some terrible bottom half EPL team. It would be interesting to see how many chances are created by the likes of Xavi, Alonso and Pirlo because if you pay £30m+ for him he is going to compared to the best players in his position.

I am not saying he is a bad player, I just don't think he is worth that much money, and it's a waste of said money when Madrid already have Sahin, who is a similar player and imo is marginally better than Modric. Even if you think Modric is better, the difference is marginal and there is certainly not over £30m difference.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:59 pm

Pirlo 125
Xavi 65
Xabi Alonso 65

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:06 pm

Crimson wrote:Pirlo 125
Xavi 65
Xabi Alonso 65

Link to stats? I find it hard to believe that Pirlo has almost double both of them.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:10 pm

aford92 wrote:
Xavi 65
Xabi Alonso 65

Link to stats? I find it hard to believe that Pirlo has almost double both of them.

Opta Sports
Whoscored.com

or various others, there's a marvellous invention called google lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:05 pm

Spent the entire morning watching vids of him.....

They're just vids, so I have no idea about consistency but if he can do what I saw in those vids with any degree of continuity throughout the season then I was wrong, he's very very good player, well worth 25 million we're spending on him, he'll add alot to this team.

Just have to ask though..

I was always under the impression he was equally comfortable on both his left and right foot, but in most of the vids he seems to favour his right almost completely,to the degree where somewhat like Di maria he attempts very complex passes simply to avoid using his left foot? Is this the case or is it just the vids?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:12 pm

He'll kill the smaller teams but don't expect him to do anything against bigger teams mind you those only one of them in La Liga so....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:18 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:He'll kill the smaller teams but don't expect him to do anything against bigger teams mind you those only one of them in La Liga so....

I expect so.

I watch the big games Spurs play and especially against United he's never impressed me. Which is why I've been so pessimistic about the whole thing, United should be a midfield someone with talent can dominate.

Genuinely he looked like a different player than the one I've been accustomed to seeing against Arsenal and United.

He destroyed Liverpool last season but they were missing half their team anyway.

I'm in genuine shock as to how smooth he looks.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:19 pm

He might do better vs bigger teams, since La Liga suits his style, he's playing with better players and under the best manager in the World.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by MindGames7 Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:22 pm

According to my stats:

Britton - 86
Xavi - 85
Carrick - 85
Busquets - 84
Brouwers - 84
De Jong - 84
Livermore - 84
Zanetti - 81
Alonso - 80
Allen - 80
Thiago - 80
Parker - 79
Fletcher - 79
Scholes - 78
Anderson - 78
Khedira - 77
Keita - 76
Yaya Toure - 76
Modric - 75
Tymoshchuk - 75
Arteta - 75

Of the players I've done ratings for. The stat I've used is average(offensive%, defensive%), which is a good indicator of how well a player would do in a big game, where both teams have the same amount of possession.

I think he's rated like that because he only has 89% short passing accuracy, which is surprising. Playing in a 2 man midfield all the time doesn't do him any favours, he has less passing options.
MindGames7
MindGames7
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:26 pm

Thing is the position he plays in doesn't restrict is passing options.....

VDV comes deep to get the ball anyway so he always has 2 midfielders and 2 wingers to pass to as well Adebayor comes deep too.

That's without mentioning that Spurs have attacking fullbacks who provide Modric with an option.

Because he plays in a pivot doesn't mean his passing options are restricted they are not at all.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:27 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:He'll kill the smaller teams but don't expect him to do anything against bigger teams mind you those only one of them in La Liga so....

this is my thinking as well.

particularly if he is playing in the double pivot with xabi against the smaller teams when we dont really need much of a defensive presence.

then again against the bigger teams and in CL if we play a 4-3-3 with modric i think he can excel as well, but in a double pivot we will need the khedira-alonso partnership

and how much is he worth? - imo 25m

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by MindGames7 Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:28 pm

Look how well the Swansea players have done though. I know stats aren't everything but that's really impressive. If only they had a better defence, who knows how high they could have finished.

Worried about Liverpool now.
MindGames7
MindGames7
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:30 pm

MindGames7 wrote:Look how well the Swansea players have done though. I know stats aren't everything but that's really impressive. If only they had a better defence, who knows how high they could have finished.

Practically all those passes go backwards and sideways, there's a reason in majority of games Swansea's top passer is Williams a freaking CB.

Swansea might have had a lot of possession but they did very little with it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:34 pm

aford92 wrote:
Xavi 65
Xabi Alonso 65

If you watched Juventus play you'd believe it. The amount of chances they waste!

Not to mention that they averaged the most shots in Europe last season (if I recall correctly). So the stat actually does make sense.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by MindGames7 Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:39 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
MindGames7 wrote:Look how well the Swansea players have done though. I know stats aren't everything but that's really impressive. If only they had a better defence, who knows how high they could have finished.

Practically all those passes go backwards and sideways, there's a reason in majority of games Swansea's top passer is Williams a freaking CB.

Swansea might have had a lot of possession but they did very little with it.

They did very little with it because their defenders were so bad. If the defenders were better then the whole team could have played further forward. Good strikers and wingers would have helped as well - ones that don't just turn straight into the defence and lose it almost every time you pass it to them.
MindGames7
MindGames7
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3