Onyx
Die Borussen
Babun
28 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Manchester United - Page 3 Empty Re: Manchester United

Post by The Messiah Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:33 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:Started supported Monaco the season before they got relegated.

Started supporting Valencia in 98'.

Galaxy, when they played in MLS for the first time.

America when I saw take down Atlas 6-1 when I was 4 years old. Laughing

You guys be the judge.

Anyone that is able to support more than one team is not a true fan.

You are a prostitute and a cheap one for that matter. Laughing

The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:36 pm

The Messiah wrote:
Anyone that is able to support more than one team is not a true fan.

You are a prostitute and a cheap one for that matter. Laughing

If that's how treat the club/s you support, then. :coffee:
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:52 pm

SchinnerC wrote:
Dolce Vita wrote:
meteormaker wrote:I saw this post in the Caf about our MF situation. Do you agree with this?

Spoiler:
No, I don't agree. United's midfield weakness has been apparent since 2 years (2010 and 2011). You could get away with it in EPL but not in Europe.

Yep especially when most teams now are trying to play 'the Barca way/Ajax way/total football' whatever you call it. We've been embarrassed twice by Barcelona in the UCL finals and more recently from Athletic Bilbao who are supposedly a lesser team than us.

I'm not saying that we're bad or anything. It's just that we are not on the level we should/expected to be.

Yeah. I think so too. Especially after the 2009 CL I doubt if we could recruit the personnel we need to at least keep up with Barca's midfield. Then after the 2011 CL and this year's miserable Europa campaign. Even if Fletcher's come back we'll still have a hard time against teams with better midfielders.

The Kagawa signing and the pursuit of either RVP and/or Lucas Moura practically wouldn't solve anything. We need a CM and a LB (for the nth time running). :facepalm:
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:30 am

SchinnerC wrote:It's a depressing time as a United fan tbh, for me anyway. SAF could've/could still sign Sneijder,Modric,Sahin,Strootman,etc etc but I think it'll be Carrick/Fletcher partnering Scholes/Cleverley/Giggs next season again. Pogba, our decent young CM talent left too. :facepalm:

You shouldn't be depressed, man. United were EPL champions last year, and were 25 secs away from being champs this year. We have had some bad luck with key injuries...not an excuse, but with Vidic back we should fair better.

I get what you're saying with regards to the MF situation, and to me that is frustrating af, but it's still early in the transfer market, and SAF has said we'll be bringing in atleast 2 new players.

I just hope we don't blow 30 mill and gamble on that Moura kid.

Edit: I replied to this post before reading the rest of the thread.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:43 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:As i said fans of big clubs cant possibly complain about going through bad times because they don't know what bad times are.

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:19 pm

The more excuses you have and justification you have to give the more of a glory supporter you are.

If you support a team that is not based in the town you where born or resided for a lengthy period of time then you are a glory supporter. Theres no getting away from it. Unless you go the other way and live in Manchester but support Norwich, then that is acceptable.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:36 pm

NiallQuinnsdiscoPants wrote:The more excuses you have and justification you have to give the more of a glory supporter you are.

If you support a team that is not based in the town you where born or resided for a lengthy period of time then you are a glory supporter. Theres no getting away from it. Unless you go the other way and live in Manchester but support Norwich, then that is acceptable.

Well I live in North London, 18min away from Tottenham and 15min away from Arsenal, 23min away from Fulham, I used to live probably 4min away from Charlton athletic(when I was still in college), 14min away from West Ham, 23min away from Chelsea (All by driving).

But I support Bayern Munchen and I'm no a glory Hunter, how do you explain that...?

Your logic is flawed...
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:51 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:As i said fans of big clubs cant possibly complain about going through bad times because they don't know what bad times are.

And today I learnt a little bit of Spanish...
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:59 pm

NiallQuinnsdiscoPants wrote:The more excuses you have and justification you have to give the more of a glory supporter you are.

Flawed logic, i live in London but i have supported Newcastle since i was 4 and we have won nothing since the 60s.

Hardly a glory supporter.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:13 pm

I'm born and lived 3/4 of my life in Dortmund and started watching football when Dortmund were european champions but supported Arsenal since then. Glory hunter?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:25 pm

Ive been supporting Chelsea since that season we lost to yanited in the CL final and i live in an Asia/pacific country, that doesnt make me a glory hunter, even if Chelsea got relegated id still support them, it wouldnt be fun, but id do it
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:44 pm

I'm in Asia and I had supported United since I was in elementary.

I'm a qualified gloryhunter. Laughing

*bleep* sad the world nowadays.

If it's about f*cking United it's always about gloryhunting brouhaha.

Manchester United - Page 3 Derail10
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkForrest17 Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:55 pm

meteormaker wrote:I'm in Asia and I had supported United since I was in elementary.

I'm a qualified gloryhunter. Laughing

*bleep* sad the world nowadays.

If it's about f*cking United it's always about gloryhunting brouhaha.

Manchester United - Page 3 Derail10
Glory hunting accusations always annoyed me as well. Its different if you live in the country, I live in NY in the USA and I only really support New York teams when it comes to domestic leagues, even if they suck. Like the mets, Knicks, the Rangers for a long period of time etc.

but when I follow a league that isn't in the country you live in, then why wouldn't you root for the better teams. Just let people watch who they want to watch and root for who they want to root for. I mean what do people expect others to do? Root for a mid table team just to be cool?
MarkForrest17
MarkForrest17
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:02 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

This is real passion right here. I laughed so hard when he screamed "Noooooo!!!!....Noooooo!!!!......... we're in the 2nd division!!!.....we're in the 2nd division!!!!!!!"
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:33 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Flawed logic, i live in London but i have supported Newcastle since i was 4 and we have won nothing since the 60s.

You admitted your self in a previous thread you started supporting newcastle the season you nearly won the league.

Might not have won anything but you were close to it. Saying not won anything from the 60s is just a excuse to try and justify it.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:36 pm

NiallQuinnsdiscoPants wrote:

You admitted your self in a previous thread you started supporting newcastle the season you nearly won the league.

I never said that, i said i started supporting them in 1994 and when we didn't nearly win the league in 94 because i liked the name and the badge and stuck with it ever since. ( don't know why, i was 4 go figure)

I didn't even know where we finished it had no relevance to me as i was. 4 Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:40 pm

What's wrong with being a 'glory hunter'? I'm sure there's a lot of people out there, who from the beginning turn on the TV and support a team for life.

'Glory hunter' should mean moving from team to team based on success.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:40 pm

NiallQuinnsdiscoPants wrote:

Might not have won anything but you were close to it. Saying not won anything from the 60s is just a excuse to try and justify it.

Mole is a glorified, Glory Hunter. Even on a higher ground than Kobe Bryant.

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:44 pm

mtfootball wrote:

'Glory hunter' should mean moving from team to team based on success.

That was the meaning, until Mole decided to change it, so that it will apply to me, in such a way that I will be classified as glory hunter, simply because I want success for Bayern...
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:48 pm

Accusing someone of being a glory hunter when he supports a team that has never won a major trophy and started supporting them when he was 4 because he liked the name and badge of the time and didn't even know how good or bad the team was.

Is one of the most :facepalm: things i have ever seen.

I have seen title challenges, CL participation, Europa League participation, mid table mediocrity, relegation etc etc.

And i'm still here, yet i'm a glory hunter Laughing :facepalm:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:56 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Accusing someone of being a glory hunter when he supports a team that has never won a major trophy and started supporting them when he was 4 because he liked the name and badge of the time and didn't even know how good or bad the team was.

I have seen title challenges, CL participation, Europa League participation, mid table mediocrity, relegation etc etc.

But you guys won coca-cola Championship hmm

Manchester United - Page 3 Suspicious
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by DagenhamDave Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:57 pm

Just found this on the urban dictionary. number 6 lol

glory hunter

1. Someone who supports the most successful clubs at the time
2. Has little knowledge of the club's true history, and has never been to a game
3. Overuses phrases and mottoes (ie: YNWA)
4. Right now, they are Manchester united, Barcelona, and AC Milan fans who mainly live in the US.
5. Someone who will switch from one team to the next once they start losing
6. Someone who gets deeply involved in petty internet fights (ronaldo vs. messi, soccer vs football, etc.)
7. Someone who tries to justify when their team did not do well, even though they probably haven't even heard of them at the time (ie: Franco helped Real Madrid)
8. Gloaters
9. Most of them support every single team who's top in the table of their respective leagues at once
DagenhamDave
DagenhamDave
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:59 pm

I have to agree with the 9th one.

That's what you call first class glory hunter, nothing comes next after that, it's right there at the top on it's own.

God of glory hunters and that's what my sisters does, she called me when City won the league and called me when Chelsea won CPL.

Initially she called me when every one thought United won the league, few seconds later she called me to say it's City that won it and how she admire Aguero and Mancini, saying Aguero is her best player, few seconds ago she was cheering for United

She also called when C.Ronaldo scored against Barca in their last match, all these years, she has been a Barcelona fan, until now.

But her true elegance, remains only with Thierry Henry

Last edited by The Messiah on Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:01 pm

The Messiah wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Accusing someone of being a glory hunter when he supports a team that has never won a major trophy and started supporting them when he was 4 because he liked the name and badge of the time and didn't even know how good or bad the team was.

But you guys won coca-cola Championship hmm

Manchester United - Page 3 Suspicious

That's the 2nd division lol, i.e. not a major trophy. Like Bayern getting relegated and winning Bundesliga 2 and counting it as a major trophy.

also lol @ dave's post.

6 is hilarious Very Happy and also very true Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:13 pm

DagenhamDave wrote:Just found this on the urban dictionary. number 6 lol

glory hunter

1. Someone who supports the most successful clubs at the time
2. Has little knowledge of the club's true history, and has never been to a game
3. Overuses phrases and mottoes (ie: YNWA)
4. Right now, they are Manchester united, Barcelona, and AC Milan fans who mainly live in the US.
5. Someone who will switch from one team to the next once they start losing
6. Someone who gets deeply involved in petty internet fights (ronaldo vs. messi, soccer vs football, etc.)
7. Someone who tries to justify when their team did not do well, even though they probably haven't even heard of them at the time (ie: Franco helped Real Madrid)
8. Gloaters
9. Most of them support every single team who's top in the table of their respective leagues at once

Oh God I know people who fit every single one of those descriptions Laughing

Anyway Mole's right. It doesn't matter HOW you started supporting a team, if you stick by the team through good and bad you're not a gloryhunter.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:20 pm

As I said the more excuses and justification you have to give the more of a glory supporter you are.

End of the day you turned your back on local teams and decided to support a team 100s of miles away you have no real connection with. Saying I liked the pretty colors is just a cop out.

A glory supporter isnt just defined by the trophies won, the future chance of winning comes into play which crosses over into bandwagonner territory.

EG people who fell in love with City when the Arabs took over. Its no different to you starting to support newcastle randomly when they were close to winning the league mole.

What comes after doesn't matter, if things go south and success doesn't come you had already jumped on the bandwagon at a more prosperous time. Said it before and il say it again, try all you want history cant be re written.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next