Would you be opposed to signing Adebayor?

+3
Shed
Blue Barrett
lszanto
7 posters

Go down

Would you be opposed to signing Adebayor? Empty Would you be opposed to signing Adebayor?

Post by lszanto Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:50 am

There's been no actual links or anything, just an idea.

First off I know he isn't the most likable guy, he's played for both of our London rivals and comes off as a bit of a jerk but hear me out.

He sits at 1.90m tall and is a powerful striker with decent technical ability, notching up 11 assists this season on top of 17 goals in the league. There is talk of him joining spurs on a permanent deal for around 5m although they are having some issues agreeing personal terms, i'm guessing he wants a bit more money than cheapskate spurs are offering. I know he's not the most likable player but I think he'd be a great backup, he's PL quality, he's 28 so could be sold for a few m when he hits 30 making way for some younger talent and he'd be a great alternative to Torres as they are very different kinds of players.

So I guess in summary:
  • PL proven
  • Technical ability as well as goalscoring
  • Very cheap for what you'd get
  • Older so would be gone in 1-2 seasons
  • Would give us a physical presence up front when we need to change it up
  • Weakens spuds

Was bored and just thinking about different players/backup strikers but the main reason I thought of this guy is because after hijacking Spurs Oscar deal I was trying to think of other ways we could weaken their squad. I know it's a dumb idea but like I said, I'm bored with not alot to do so started to think of players that could offer something different to Torres and are not young enough to block young talent.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Would you be opposed to signing Adebayor? Empty Re: Would you be opposed to signing Adebayor?

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:15 am

Yes. Didn't even have to read anything else to give that answer.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Would you be opposed to signing Adebayor? Empty Re: Would you be opposed to signing Adebayor?

Post by lszanto Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:23 am

Barrettinator wrote:Yes. Didn't even have to read anything else to give that answer.

Thought that would be the overwhelming response Razz
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:46 am

No for me too. We're looking to build a younger side capable of long-term success and sustainability, much in the way we did under Mourinho when he first joined. I'm not sure signing a striker who's pushing 30, who's on huge wages, and who has a history of attitudinal problems is the best route we could take or is in our best interests as a club, especially for the money we'd have to put out. If we're gonna spend that kind of dough, I'd much rather we pursue other options.

Let Spuds take him. I'm looking forward to the lulz we'll all be treated to when it comes time for AVB to man-manage him once he inevitably starts acting up yet again.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:15 am

Not needed. I have faith in Sturridge, Torres and Maybe Lukaku.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:15 am

The guy is a good player and he is not even that talented. he is also an outgoing person but atm he is already 28
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:28 am

nopsi dopsi, i dont think an explanation is needed lol
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:38 am

In FIFA, why not

In real life, no Laughing

Mainly for the reasons ShedEnd said
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down