The Movie House

+64
Lupi
Zlatan
Kaladin
Tomwin Lannister
TheRedStag
Kick
BarcaKizz
DeviAngel
Pedram
DeletedUser#1
stevieg8
kiranr
Onyx
urbaNRoots
Dante
Arquitecto
Rev
halamadrid2
Dutti
Bear
FalcaoPunch
RealGunner
Busby Babe
Zealous
Mamad
Adit
AnJl
Forza
Amar
Firenze
Sushi Master
buddytaller
RED
BiasedMilanFan3
LeSwagg James
DuringTheWar
Rebaño Sagrado
LeVersacci
guest7
jibers
ronalessi
Jonathan28
Patrick Bateman
EarlyPrototype
The Lizard King
El Gunner
The Sanchez
Eman
Blue Barrett
Soul
vivabarca38
McAgger
CBarca
TalkingReckless
dmize
McLewis
goonbrain
Vibe
Mudcat
Die Borussen
RedOranje
Ganso
Le Samourai
Freeza
68 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Movie House - Page 36 Empty Re: The Movie House

Post by ronalessi Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:27 pm

AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:I'm going to have to see that 300 Movie, also might give the new superman a crack in the Cinema. The trailer looked nice and serious.

Doesn't it follow from the most recent superman movie or is it another reboot type movie?

Reboot.

ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1292
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Page 36 Empty Re: The Movie House

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:09 pm

Not complaining but isn't it a bit odd rebooting straight after a reboot?

It's like re-booting a old ps1 game on the ps3 then waiting a few years and doing it again without adding anything to the last one. scratch
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 26891
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 81

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Page 36 Empty Re: The Movie House

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:13 pm

AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:Not complaining but isn't it a bit odd rebooting straight after a reboot?

It's like re-booting a old ps1 game on the ps3 then waiting a few years and doing it again without adding anything to the last one. scratch
The last reboot was completely sh*t and had a lot of bad reviews. Still not found anyone who liked it. It was a complete waste of time and should never have happened. This is more like what everyone has been waiting for since Christopher Reeves' movies.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 10347
Join date : 2012-03-03

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Page 36 Empty Re: The Movie House

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:26 am

Anger Management 7/10
- good fun
- Jack Nicholson was great
- I love Marisa Tomei

Winter's Bone 7.5/10
- sad, very real, and dark
- Jen Lawrence amazing !!!

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 5155
Join date : 2012-12-06

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Page 36 Empty Re: The Movie House

Post by CBarca Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:07 am

Both of those are great movies albeit polar opposites. Winter's bone is very dark but a very good movie that I enjoyed. Anger management is always fun to watch and Jack Nicholson is hilarious.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 20139
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Page 36 Empty Re: The Movie House

Post by goonbrain Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:46 am

@Blue Barrett wrote:
AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:Not complaining but isn't it a bit odd rebooting straight after a reboot?

It's like re-booting a old ps1 game on the ps3 then waiting a few years and doing it again without adding anything to the last one. scratch
The last reboot was completely sh*t and had a lot of bad reviews. Still not found anyone who liked it. It was a complete waste of time and should never have happened. This is more like what everyone has been waiting for since Christopher Reeves' movies.
I liked 'Superman Returns' Sad
I am not much of a superman follower except for a few comics i read. Imo 'Superman returns' was a great if you consider it as just a movie. Did you find it horrible because it deviated fromte original concept? Oh, and btw Spacey's Lux Luthor was more funny than intimidating, which the original lux luthor was intended to be, right? Anyhow, i enjoyed him.
goonbrain
goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 580
Join date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Page 36 Empty Re: The Movie House

Post by goonbrain Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:50 am

@ronalessi wrote:First poster for 300: Rise Of An Empire

The Movie House - Page 36 First-poster-for-300-rise-of-an-empire-132422-a-1366187840-470-75

Based upon Frank Miller's Xerxes comic-book, the new film will pick up the story after the events of its predecessor, as the Persian God-king (Rodrigo Santoro) continues his assault on Greece.

However, the home team have a new hero in the form of Sullivan Stapleton's Greek general Themistokles, a man charged with uniting his fragmented people in defiance of their Persian aggressors.

Directed by Noam Murro from a script by Zack Snyder and Kurt Johnstad, and co-starring Lena Headey, Eva Green and David Wenham, 300: Rise Of An Empire will open in the UK and US on 2 August 2013.
I hope this movie brings mire groundbreaking SFX like its peedecessor. 300 was a masterpiece in a sense. It was art.
goonbrain
goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 580
Join date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Page 36 Empty Re: The Movie House

Post by RED Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:28 pm

Mama(2013) sh*t film. Not scary one bit and has the most laughable cgi ever. Laughing

Gangster Squad (2013) good film. Superb performance by Sean Penn.

Mama (imdb)

Gangster Squad (Imdb)
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10249
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Page 36 Empty Re: The Movie House

Post by El Gunner Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:40 pm

I only wanna watch Gangster Squad because of :wub:
Emma Stone
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 19861
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Page 36 Empty Re: The Movie House

Post by Forza Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:24 am

I didn't go to see Gangster Squad when it came out.

It sounds really cliched and unoriginal. A corrupt mob boss gets hunted down by a group of incorruptible cops, right? Immediately, I'm thinking that this is not even worth seeing.

I mean, the plot sounds the same as hundreds of other films, but notably Brian de Palma's "Untouchables" with Kevin Costner, Sean Connery, Andy Garcia and Robert de Niro. And that film was brilliant, with a nice historical link to the real Untouchables and Al Capone, an Oscar-winning performance from Connery, beautiful score by Ennio Morricone, etc.

What I'm getting at is that to make a great gangster film, you really have to push the limits in some way. From the trailers, I can't even tell if it's a serious film or not. The casting is uninspired. I can't say I really rate Emma Stone as an actress and whilst I like Ryan Gosling, I don't think this type of role suits him.

It all seems so superficial when it should really aim to be a gritty, deep, noir film.

And that's why it flopped.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham
Posts : 8871
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Page 36 Empty Re: The Movie House

Post by goonbrain Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:02 pm

Watched "Jack Reacher"
The movie sucked a big one. Over-used plot, bad acting, Tom Cruise being Tom Cruise...looked like several movies rammed into one. Why would they make a movie adaptation if the story is nothing fresh?
goonbrain
goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 580
Join date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Page 36 Empty Re: The Movie House

Post by ronalessi Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:15 pm

Few months ago, I went to watch Django with a few friends in Nigeria. The theatre ended up showing Jack Reacher instead. I went to sleep from the middle onwards.

That being said, I'm surprised the film has a 62% rating on RT. I guess several people thought it was good.

This is from IMDB, pretty funny:

'One Shot' is my favourite book. Not my favourite Jack Reacher book. My favourite book. So when I heard they were not only going to be making a Reacher film, but making 'One Shot', I was ecstatic. Then I heard who would be playing Reacher and like 99.9% of fans I thought to myself, "this must be an April Fool's joke. A 5'7" skinny guy playing the hulking 250 pound, 6'5" Jack Reacher? This can't be happening." Sadly it was. And then the trailer came out and my worst fears were confirmed. Cruise was not being buffed up by any type of body suit, he wasn't being made to look taller with trick photography and he wasn't putting on the raspy 'animal-like' voice I always imagined Reacher to have.

...

Cruise was cast badly, and then went on to play the role even worse. Not a great combination if you're an actor. Heath Ledger took the opposite route in his role as The Joker in Christopher Nolan's 2008 masterpiece "The Dark Knight". He was hugely criticised for being completely wrong for the part when he was cast and we all know how that turned out. Cruise unfortunately did not rise to the challenge in the same way.

For starters, I'm reasonably confident he was the shortest person in the film. Not one effort was made to make him look the least bit impressive stature wise. His haircut was ridiculous. He looked like a guy who goes to the hair salon twice a week for touch-ups. In fact Jai Courtney in the role of the Charlie had what I always imagined to be the perfect haircut for Reacher. Perhaps he would've been better placed in the role? Cruise's shoulders were not broad enough. At one stage a character asks "I'm looking for a guy who could kill a man with one punch?" To which he is directed straight to Reacher. Get real. Rosamund Pike was probably more likely to kill someone that way than Cruise. Cruise did not alter his voice one bit for the movie. This was a huge disappointment for me. I had really hoped he would do something like what Christian Bale did when he was in the Batman suit, only not quite to the same degree, but for the whole movie. Cruise sounded almost feminine performing some of the lines. Lastly, he kept bloody smiling (or smirking, whatever you want to call it). I was OK with him cracking the odd joke here and there, because Reacher can be a bit of a smart-ass, but he didn't have to look so damn proud of himself every time he did it. Reacher's an animal, 24-7, he (very) rarely smiles and he takes life very seriously.
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1292
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 110

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Page 36 Empty Re: The Movie House

Post by El Gunner Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:22 pm

When people say Tom Cruise is a very great actor and one of the best of his generation... I'm like Shocked
And then thinking to myself: You clearly know nothing about movies and acting.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 19861
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Page 36 Empty Re: The Movie House

Post by Firenze Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:05 am

Calling Gangster squad mediocre would be a complement. Saw it recently.

I actually read a few of the Jack Reacher novels before getting bored of the rehashed formula every single book. I can see why they're so successful though, literary junkfood, no real substance but enjoyable in moderation. I thought it would make a good popcorn movie, but I haven't heard anything good about it. Cruise has to be up there as one of the worst castings ever for that role, lol.

I don't recall seeing any credible critic calling him one of the best of his generation, El Gunner, and thankfully I've never come across any huge fan of his deluded enough to say something like that IRL. He was GOAT in Collateral, I mentioned it a couple of pages back. Pretty much all I liked him in.

He seems to have a hard-on for sci-fi movies at the moment ( maybe something to do with his nutty scientology hmm) and has a bunch of them lined up, here's hoping for a string of box office bombs Razz
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 32784
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Page 36 Empty Re: The Movie House

Post by Forza Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:50 am

I don't like Cruise, but I must say that I thought Collateral and The Last Samurai were very good films. And the original Mission: Impossible is alright too.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham
Posts : 8871
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Page 36 Empty Re: The Movie House

Post by goonbrain Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:30 pm

Anyone watched Iron man 3?
Give your ratings...and set your Marvel/DC hate aside pls Smile
goonbrain
goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 580
Join date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Page 36 Empty Re: The Movie House

Post by Arquitecto Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:51 pm

@El Gunner wrote:When people say Tom Cruise is a very great actor and one of the best of his generation... I'm like Shocked
And then thinking to myself: You clearly know nothing about movies and acting.

Yes cause performances such as:

Rain Man
Bourne on the Fourth of July (Would have had an Oscar if not for DDL)
Few Good Men
Interview with the Vampire (Best Vampire of all time in films)
Jerry Maguire
Eyes Wide Shut
Magnolia (stole the show)
Vanilla Sky
Last Samurai
Collateral
War of the Worlds
Valkyrie
MI3

All films with EXCELLENT standout performances from Cruise yet people will mention Scientology, his action films blah blah yada yada all hating.

Too many good performances to not call him a very good actor. Biggest myth that he isn't one. One of the few leading men in a sea of shitty actors nowadays.

OT: Gangster Squad was f**king awful. When you cast atrocious actresses like Emma Stone, you know its going to blow.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Sociedad
Posts : 11488
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Page 36 Empty Re: The Movie House

Post by Forza Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:00 pm

@goonbrain wrote:Anyone watched Iron man 3?
Give your ratings...and set your Marvel/DC hate aside pls Smile
I never got the whole Marvel/DC hate thing. I understand the rivalry between the companies, but I don't understand how you can love one company's superheroes and hate the other company's superheroes purely on the basis of which company they came from.

I'd also be interested in hearing from anyone who's seen Iron Man 3, btw.

Good to see others who have actually seen the movie have backed up what I thought about Gangster Squad. And I agree with you all the way about Emma Stone Arq. Can anyone name anything that she done that's been good?
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham
Posts : 8871
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Page 36 Empty Re: The Movie House

Post by Freeza Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:39 pm

I loved Iron Man 3, would give it 8/10 if I had to rate it.
Best cast in an Iron Man so far, Ben Kingsley and Guy Pearce are great.
Ben Kingsley stole the show tbh :bow:
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 23340
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Page 36 Empty Re: The Movie House

Post by stevieg8 Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:46 pm

@Arquitecto wrote:
@El Gunner wrote:When people say Tom Cruise is a very great actor and one of the best of his generation... I'm like Shocked
And then thinking to myself: You clearly know nothing about movies and acting.

Yes cause performances such as:

Rain Man
Bourne on the Fourth of July (Would have had an Oscar if not for DDL)
Few Good Men
Interview with the Vampire (Best Vampire of all time in films)
Jerry Maguire
Eyes Wide Shut
Magnolia (stole the show)
Vanilla Sky
Last Samurai
Collateral
War of the Worlds
Valkyrie
MI3

All films with EXCELLENT standout performances from Cruise yet people will mention Scientology, his action films blah blah yada yada all hating.

Too many good performances to not call him a very good actor. Biggest myth that he isn't one. One of the few leading men in a sea of shitty actors nowadays.

OT: Gangster Squad was f**king awful. When you cast atrocious actresses like Emma Stone, you know its going to blow.


Wasn't impressed by HIS performances in Rain Man, Jerry Maguire, Last Samurai or MI3 (although each are entertaining movies that he doesn't actively bring down, and War of the Worlds was a laughably terrible movie all the way around. Haven't seen the others, but I've heard him/the movie be slated both for Valkyrie and Vanilla Sky. Doesn't necessarily mean anything, and it's just my opinion, but that's my explanation for why I don't think he's a very good actor. Your long list of great performances is much, much shorter in my eyes.

As for Gangster Squad, I enjoyed it quite a bit. I like the campy noir-reference films, though, and combined with the minimalism of the writing I thought it did what it was trying to do well. Not an incredible movie, by any means, but entertaining nonetheless.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 2114
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Page 36 Empty Re: The Movie House

Post by Arquitecto Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:00 pm

@Forza wrote:
@goonbrain wrote:Anyone watched Iron man 3?
Give your ratings...and set your Marvel/DC hate aside pls Smile
I never got the whole Marvel/DC hate thing. I understand the rivalry between the companies, but I don't understand how you can love one company's superheroes and hate the other company's superheroes purely on the basis of which company they came from.

I'd also be interested in hearing from anyone who's seen Iron Man 3, btw.

Good to see others who have actually seen the movie have backed up what I thought about Gangster Squad. And I agree with you all the way about Emma Stone Arq. Can anyone name anything that she done that's been good?

She hasn't done anything of note to deserve any praise. Her looks are even overrated. I saw women like her by the dozens within America.

@stevieg8 wrote:
@Arquitecto wrote:
@El Gunner wrote:When people say Tom Cruise is a very great actor and one of the best of his generation...
I'm like Shocked
And then thinking to myself: You clearly know nothing about movies and acting.

Yes cause performances such as:

Rain Man
Bourne on the Fourth of July (Would have had an Oscar if not for DDL)
Few Good Men
Interview with the Vampire (Best Vampire of all time in films)
Jerry Maguire
Eyes Wide Shut
Magnolia (stole the show)
Vanilla Sky
Last Samurai
Collateral
War of the Worlds
Valkyrie
MI3

All films with EXCELLENT standout performances from Cruise yet people will mention Scientology, his action films blah blah yada yada all hating.

Too many good performances to not call him a very good actor. Biggest myth that he isn't one. One of the few leading men in a sea of shitty actors nowadays.

OT: Gangster Squad was f**king awful. When you cast atrocious actresses like Emma Stone, you know its going to blow.


Wasn't impressed by HIS performances in Rain Man, Jerry Maguire, Last Samurai or MI3 (although each are entertaining movies that he doesn't actively bring down, and War of the Worlds was a laughably terrible movie all the way around. Haven't seen the others, but I've heard him/the movie be slated both for Valkyrie and Vanilla Sky. Doesn't necessarily mean anything, and it's just my opinion, but that's my explanation for why I don't think he's a very good actor. Your long list of great performances is much, much shorter in my eyes.

As for Gangster Squad, I enjoyed it quite a bit. I like the campy noir-reference films, though, and combined with the minimalism of the writing I thought it did what it was trying to do well. Not an incredible movie, by any means, but entertaining nonetheless.

Maybe not Rain Man yet his performances in Jerry Macguire and Last Samurai were excellent. Last Samurai was just a stellar performance from him in his portrayal as Algerin as his screen presence is excellent. MI3 as in his performance within that that captured my praise and others to which actually made it the best MI for me. Vanilla Sky is a marmite film as you either love or hate it though I cannot see why his performance in that is criticized. Valkyrie was excellent as von Stauffenberg as far as him being nominated for Screen Actors Guild and Golden Globe. His criticism came from his accent in that to which the director intentionally chose American. War of the Worlds was truly awful yes but Cruise's performance was a stand-out (along with Tim Robbins). I think he is a better actor to which he is credited for. Oblivion was another excellent performance. Yes though he has had his share of lazy executions in terms of films



Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Sociedad
Posts : 11488
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Page 36 Empty Re: The Movie House

Post by Ganso Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:30 pm

has anyone seen evil dead yet?maybe ill watch it
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 15522
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Page 36 Empty Re: The Movie House

Post by Firenze Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:03 am

I was going to watch the upcoming Pain & Gain. But then I read a 41 page news report detailing the horrific true story it's based on. I'm astonished that studio executives green-lit this, it's like making a comedy about the Sandy Hook shooting or Boston bombings being carried out. I can't with good conscience support this movie with my money now.

..but I may download it eventually, I am a big fan of The Rock :coffee:
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 32784
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Page 36 Empty Re: The Movie House

Post by RedOranje Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:05 am

42 was thoroughly enjoyable, despite the historical liberties taken. It was a bit confusing seeing Wash filling half his dialogue with racist language... not sure how Zoe will react to that.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 11099
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Page 36 Empty Re: The Movie House

Post by Kaladin Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:46 am

@Ganso wrote:has anyone seen evil dead yet?maybe ill watch it

Joke of a movie, by no means the "Scariest movie ever made" as written on its title

Would give it a 4/10 tbh they f**cked up the ending, also actors were very unconvincing
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 24267
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Page 36 Empty Re: The Movie House

Post by Guest Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:53 am

watched Django Unchained last week, the movie was superb ... Christopher Waltz gets high on my books. and.. Jamie Foxxx was great!

and also watched Arnold's the Last stand... good fun movie...

now looking forward to iron man 3 this week and star trek next week...

and Thor 2 trailer came out .... nice watching Greenwich University destroyed lol; had got offer from there to study before i moved to US.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Page 36 Empty Re: The Movie House

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum