Ganso
Le Samourai
Freeza
68 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Movie House - Page 22 Empty Re: The Movie House

Post by goonbrain Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:12 pm

Adit wrote:'The Hobbit' already released or what? IMBD critic ratings are showing average ratings..
You just not simply outshine a legendary trilogy.
The way i take it, 'The Hobbit' as a novel must not be as gripping as 'LOTR' and it is less diverse. The group that sets out on the adventure are mostly Dwarves while in LOTR, there is the human, the elf, the dwarf..the right measure...you get the gist..

The trailer gave me the impression that this movie would certainly meet my expectations and i will reseve my judgement till after i have seen it :bow:

goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:58 pm

Adit wrote:'The Hobbit' already released or what? IMBD critic ratings are showing average ratings..
It was released the 28. of November in New Zealand according to IMDB, so i guess that the people from New Zealand has voted for it.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:01 am

if you read the rotten tomato reviews from critics most of the ones that gave it rotten because they expected it to be as good as LOTR which it never will be. LOTR was Tolkiens masterpiece

There are other critics who just don't like Hobbit story or 48fps

Last edited by Legend on Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:02 am

Freeza wrote:
It was released the 28. of November in New Zealand according to IMDB, so i guess that the people from New Zealand has voted for it.

they had a big ass red carpet for it, 10s of thousands of kiwi's came out
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:33 am

The Hobbit will inevitably be compared to LOTR. As Legend said though, that's just stupid.

I'll reserve judgement until after I see it, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:09 pm

Saw ' Life of Pie' ,amazing visual experience on 3D and puts you on your toe throw out the movie..
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:11 pm

Freeza wrote:

hmm so it released in NZ already..
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:25 pm

Adit wrote:
Freeza wrote:

hmm so it released in NZ already..

The Kiwis will always get it first, half of their country is in. And LOTR/Hobbit is a big part of NZ's economy
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:47 pm

New Man of Steel trailer :bow: :bow:

LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:22 pm

^^^Man of Steel's gonna be epic... Nolan as producer...
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:40 pm

Looks fantastic!
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:51 pm

Finished "The Perks of being a Wallflower"

I watched it because it was rated 8.5 on Imdb and had Emma Watson in it. Really don't know what to say about, it's a great movie if you're in the mood for that type of a story whereas I wasn't so it didn't appeal to me that much.

Great soundtrack throughout the movie. :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:23 am

RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:45 am

LeDNA wrote:New Man of Steel trailer :bow: :bow:

Looks AMAZING :bow: :bow: Can't wait
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:34 am

Btw those who are asking what the Hobbit is 3 movies and how they turned a small book into that long. The simple answer is the appendix of the LOTR books, they have stuff on the dwarves and bilbo and other stories
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:23 am

Okay so the only Quentin Tarantino movie I've watched before was Inglourious Bastards, and I've watched it one and half times and understand feck all of it... Now that's not a good start for a great director with me. So I decided why not give the guy a chance again by watching some of his other movies. I got Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2 from a friend. And boy was I glad I did that. The only sad thing was that the movies didn't have subtitles, and a fairly lot of scenes include parts where the characters communicate in Japanese, but the fighting and wonderfully told story made up for it... Hopefully I can also make plans to watch Pulp Fiction and Reservior Dogs before Django Unchained comes out.

Kill Bill Vol. 2
Where do you start? When the movie opens with the song "Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)" you can't go wrong, right? Yes you can not. The Bride takes on a cool fighting scene against Copperhead, her codename, and it was awesome. And then after she kills Copperhead, she leaves in her Pussy Wagon, cool eh? Anyways this is juz a fabulously told story over two movies. The girl, who was put through some nasty sh*t, out for revenge ~~> can never go wrong! She goes on an epic blood spilling, blood spewing rampage. Goes on and kills Lucy Liu's character. Who truth be told, ain't that bad herself. The fighting scenes with all those bad guys' of Lucy Liu's character, the Crazy 88, was brilliant in my opinion. Better than Neo's against those lots of Agents in The Matrix Reloaded. The Bride then kills of Lucy Liu's character after it looked like she was down and out of the fight. She then sends Bill a message, by sending one of his girls to him with only one arm. The Bride's coming for Bill. And then the movie ends with that cool whistle song. I juz loved the soundtrack. Made the movie about ten times better.
My Rating: 8.2/10

Kill Vol. 2
So after that epic start. It's gonna be hard to maintain that throughout a sequel, right? Well the sequel, actually tells us a little more about what happened in the beginning. When Bill who was jealous of one of his girls leaving him, and not juz any girl, his favourite girl ... Beautrix Kido he plans revenge on her because he thought she betrayed him. We get told the story and get a more knowledgable view on it and now know why Bill did what he did. This movie doesn't have as much action and cool fighting scenes as the first, and not at all the great soundtrack that the first one had. But what the 2nd movie did was juz shed a little bit more light on all of characters and little more about their backgrounds. It rounds of the whole film perfectly. And it ends as expected. After being buried alive with only a torch, she escapes. And after ripping out the remaining eyeball of Elle the driver. And after finding her daughter at the hands of Bill, she still goes on and kills Bill. Finishing her revenge with a cool move.
My Rating: 7.8/10
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:24 am

Okay so the only Quentin Tarantino movie I've watched before was Inglourious Bastards, and I've watched it one and half times and understand feck all of it... Now that's not a good start for a great director with me. So I decided why not give the guy a chance again by watching some of his other movies. I got Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2 from a friend. And boy was I glad I did that. The only sad thing was that the movies didn't have subtitles, and a fairly lot of scenes include parts where the characters communicate in Japanese, but the fighting and wonderfully told story made up for it... Hopefully I can also make plans to watch Pulp Fiction and Reservior Dogs before Django Unchained comes out.

Kill Bill Vol. 2
Where do you start? When the movie opens with the song "Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)" you can't go wrong, right? Yes you can not. The Bride takes on a cool fighting scene against Copperhead, her codename, and it was awesome. And then after she kills Copperhead, she leaves in her Pussy Wagon, cool eh? Anyways this is juz a fabulously told story over two movies. The girl, who was put through some nasty sh*t, out for revenge ~~> can never go wrong! She goes on an epic blood spilling, blood spewing rampage. Goes on and kills Lucy Liu's character. Who truth be told, ain't that bad herself. The fighting scenes with all those bad guys' of Lucy Liu's character, the Crazy 88, was brilliant in my opinion. Better than Neo's against those lots of Agents in The Matrix Reloaded. The Bride then kills of Lucy Liu's character after it looked like she was down and out of the fight. She then sends Bill a message, by sending one of his girls to him with only one arm. The Bride's coming for Bill. And then the movie ends with that cool whistle song. I juz loved the soundtrack. Made the movie about ten times better.
My Rating: 8.2/10

Kill Vol. 2
So after that epic start. It's gonna be hard to maintain that throughout a sequel, right? Well the sequel, actually tells us a little more about what happened in the beginning. When Bill who was jealous of one of his girls leaving him, and not juz any girl, his favourite girl ... Beautrix Kido he plans revenge on her because he thought she betrayed him. We get told the story and get a more knowledgable view on it and now know why Bill did what he did. This movie doesn't have as much action and cool fighting scenes as the first, and not at all the great soundtrack that the first one had. But what the 2nd movie did was juz shed a little bit more light on all of characters and little more about their backgrounds. It rounds of the whole film perfectly. And it ends as expected. After being buried alive with only a torch, she escapes. And after ripping out the remaining eyeball of Elle the driver. And after finding her daughter at the hands of Bill, she still goes on and kills Bill. Finishing her revenge with a cool move.
My Rating: 7.8/10
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:05 am

His best movie is Pulp Fiction, you should definitely check it out.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:19 am

stevieg8 wrote:His best movie is Pulp Fiction, you should definitely check it out.
Yeah, I agree. Pulp Fiction is incredible.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by goonbrain Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:13 pm

Saw the movie 'Four Rooms'. Was a funny movie with some escellent dialogues. The movie gets better after the first 20minutes. Some great actors(Banderas, Bruce willis, Tarantino...) deliver some great lines. Worth the watch.
goonbrain
goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:14 pm

Going to see The Hobbit at the advanced screening tonight. Going be amongst the first people in Canada to see it bounce

^^And yes, Pulp Fiction is spectacular. In high school, I put a wig on in my drama class and did Samuel L. Jackson's scene from the beginning of the movie (replacing '*bleep*' with 'lover'). Everybody in my class was asking afterwards what amazing movie it was from. Great times.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:08 pm

Can't wait for this!!!!

The Movie House - Page 22 TheWolverine_poster_intl_sfw-610x903

The Movie House - Page 22 The-wolverine-teaser-poster
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:09 pm

I must be the only one that preferred Reservoir Dogs and Jackie Brown over Pulp Fiction Laughing

I'm looking forward to Django Unchained, but I don't think it will quite reach the heights of past Tarantino movies. I like Jamie Foxx, but this just isn't his type of genre. A more serious and gritty actor was needed for this role I feel.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:12 pm

Argo
So I saw it today...
To be honest, I was disappointed. I mean, the hype around and all about it. I juz expected it to thrill me more.

First of all it's a good story. I'll admit. A good true story. But there was juz something wrong with it, for me to consider it a GREAT movie. The first hour of the movie was juz a built up to the real action of the movie.

The second hour is where the suspense started. It kept me on the edge of my seat, and especially the whole process through the airport when they were escaping. But it was juz too cliched... Because I knew in the end what was going to happen. They were going to try the almost impossible and there's gonna come moments where it looked like they were gonna get caught. But they escaped, and I juz knew it throughout the movie. I don't know, it juz doesn't do it for me. I juz can't quite put my finger on it. And in my honest opinion it could've been far better.

And if someone says to me that Argo is better than The Dark Knight Rises, I think I'll juz tell that person to feck off. Maybe not the best comparison, because Argo's this serious true life story, touching a serious subject, and TDKR is an all out action packed superhero movie. But juz in terms of the better movie in general, it's The Dark Knight Rises by far. And still my favourite movie of the year.
My Rating: 7.1/10 (Argo)
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:22 pm

McLewis wrote:I must be the only one that preferred Reservoir Dogs and Jackie Brown over Pulp Fiction Laughing

I'm looking forward to Django Unchained, but I don't think it will quite reach the heights of past Tarantino movies. I like Jamie Foxx, but this just isn't his type of genre. A more serious and gritty actor was needed for this role I feel.

+1. I can't help but feel that if there's gonna be a flop in this movie. It's gonna be it's main actor, mr. Jamie Foxx himself.

I mean, next to Christoph Waltz and Leonardo DiCaprio you have two great actors. The former who is almost made for this type of films and the latter who we all know can adapt to any concept/style/theme of a film.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:13 am

I actually find both Inglorious Basterds and Reservoir Dogs to be better than pulp fiction, which is imo one of the most overrated films of all time.
Also agree about Jamie Foxx not being right for the role, but don't know who else was going to play it, not many high profile black actors atm in that age, is there?

Golden Globe nominees out:
http://www.imdb.com/oscars/nominations/golden-globes
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down