Ganso
Le Samourai
Freeza
68 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Movie House - Page 21 Empty Re: The Movie House

Post by Onyx Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:37 am

What's the best thriller or thriller-crime movies of 2012? Movies where there's a protagonist who has to fight off enemies etc and has a good storyline.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:10 am

Yohan Modric wrote:What's the best thriller or thriller-crime movies of 2012? Movies where there's a protagonist who has to fight off enemies etc and has a good storyline.
end of watch
probably my favorite movie of 2012

& total recall was decent, had good action in it

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by goonbrain Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:46 pm

Dante wrote:You right , calling this a flop was a wrong definition and i admit i didn't realise it when i was posting . Let's just say it didn't present some certain traits of the Batman universe that i used to grasp as a given . Didn't have any expectations from this movie tbh , i neither expected it to be perfect , nor bad.

Just went to see it with enthusiasm .

I didn't dislike it , in the end. I already mentioned it was a good movie. If that was , let's say , the first movie of the series , i would be excited for the next one.

It's just some parts of it let me down, and i often felt it wasn't true to the character of Batman/Wayne , which is were i mostly found issue with , since it's a Batman movie afterall Laughing .

anyway , i would like to read your opinion about the movie ,

TDKR is still a great superhero movie. When it comes to superhero movies, the directors are often caught in a dilemma. They have to keep it true to the comic as well as try to make it as silly as possible. While movies like spiderman stays true to the comics, the story and the dialogues appears lame. They fixed that with the nolan trilogy.

goonbrain
goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:25 pm

goonbrain wrote:
Dante wrote:You right , calling this a flop was a wrong definition and i admit i didn't realise it when i was posting . Let's just say it didn't present some certain traits of the Batman universe that i used to grasp as a given . Didn't have any expectations from this movie tbh , i neither expected it to be perfect , nor bad.

Just went to see it with enthusiasm .

I didn't dislike it , in the end. I already mentioned it was a good movie. If that was , let's say , the first movie of the series , i would be excited for the next one.

It's just some parts of it let me down, and i often felt it wasn't true to the character of Batman/Wayne , which is were i mostly found issue with , since it's a Batman movie afterall Laughing .

anyway , i would like to read your opinion about the movie ,

TDKR is still a great superhero movie. When it comes to superhero movies, the directors are often caught in a dilemma. They have to keep it true to the comic as well as try to make it as silly as possible. While movies like spiderman stays true to the comics, the story and the dialogues appears lame. They fixed that with the nolan trilogy.

Nolan's Batman movies AREN'T comic book movies though. The director himself made it perfectly clear that they were meant to be crime dramas and separate from the actual Batman mythos.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:53 pm

Dante wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

rofl

Spoiler:

rofl lmao rofl

HAHAHAHHAHAH rofl
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:12 pm

Dante wrote:Stupidity of the cops? Batman rising from the pit and letting the rope down for murderers and rapists, to get free ? Laughing

That bothered you in the movie? Ever thought that maybe since Bruce was falsely imprisoned, it may the same case for the others. Not to mention without that one guy, Bruce probably would've never recovered to even be able to get out.

And that checklist, about half of them you could say the same for TDK.

Not saying the TDKR is on the same level, obviously it's not, but it was still pretty good.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:33 am

The 12 Disasters of Christmas: The ancient Mayan prophecy of doomsday is true, and the song "12 Days of Christmas" was created by them with a hidden meaning to preserve the tale of this apocalypse as well as how to stop it. Laughing
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:42 am

The Movie House - Page 21 Oblivion-Movie-Poster

Tom Cruise and Morgan Freeman Cool
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:04 am

Red are you implying that you favor Tom Cruise as an actor?

And Laughing at the 12 Disasters of Christmas. Can't take a movie with that title and the idea behind it seriously.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:15 am

I tend to think Tom Cruise is a good action movie actor, yes. He's been in a number of movies I've quite enjoyed.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:00 am

RedOranje wrote:I tend to think Tom Cruise is a good action movie actor, yes. He's been in a number of movies I've quite enjoyed.

Anywhere near Steve McQueen?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:04 am

Yohan Modric wrote:What's the best thriller or thriller-crime movies of 2012? Movies where there's a protagonist who has to fight off enemies etc and has a good storyline.

Any more suggestions?

Also the movie must be straight, direct and to the point. No confusing bits etc.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:30 am

I can see where confusing bits would be hard to comprehend.

You know, being a bot and all.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:34 am

@Dante maybe you were expecting too much after TDK...

The Dark Knight is definitely one of the best movies ever, but The Dark Knight Rises ain't as bad as you make it out to be. And as Red pointed out Nolan said that his Batman trilogy won't be exactly like the comics.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:05 am

CBarca wrote:I can see where confusing bits would be hard to comprehend.

You know, being a bot and all.

Unless the the bot has a button which allows it to understand confusion? hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:02 pm

dmize wrote:
Dante wrote:Stupidity of the cops? Batman rising from the pit and letting the rope down for murderers and rapists, to get free ? Laughing

That bothered you in the movie? Ever thought that maybe since Bruce was falsely imprisoned, it may the same case for the others. Not to mention without that one guy, Bruce probably would've never recovered to even be able to get out.

And that checklist, about half of them you could say the same for TDK.

Not saying the TDKR is on the same level, obviously it's not, but it was still pretty good.

I said it was a good movie. Still , not being a fanboy of Nolan's Batman even if though i certainly enjoyed the previous two , allows me to actualy call them as i see them. TDK didn't have as much cliches , it barely had any . Not sure why at least half of them would be there . That with the rope was just something i thought during the movie , lol . But since you asked , well , if Bane , Ras Al Ghul and his daughter have been prisoners there , it's no holy place to be Laughing , Batman went there for completely other reasons .

_

As for the TDK

No cliche huge bomb , Batman didn't get the girl , she died if you remember and not only that , she didn't even want Batman's co** Laughing , he barely survives the inevitable as he kicks ass like Batman is supposed to do Laughing , Joker despite his failure in the end , injects so much pain and misery and chaos into Gotham , that it felt like he won anyway . Characters , acting and the sub-stories were extraordinary , whilst in this one we get to know very few about Bane , Catwoman and Taglia .

Instead , we get to know about Blake Laughing , which they could have done without for the entire movie . Trust me , they could have introduced the Robin/Nightwing way better ,if there was such a need for him.

Like , all this time Wayne was masturbating in his city-house , he could have him under his wing , like Alfred's successor or something . Could have been adopted , like the original , edited by Nolan's hand in the movie.

Gordon , Catwoman or Fox and certainly Batman , should have died. It's the end , people know it , give them something to frustrate them . Fox could have easily died , Gordon as well , at any point it doesn't matter . It would give a feeling of despair around the movie , which it certainly lacked .

Sure , you can argue the whole of Gotham went up side down , but you cannot feel for the unknown , or the un-shown for that matter. Just worry in the best case , but not feel in any case.

Just to clarify again , because my post was big , i found issue with Batman mostly. The fact that 1) he let himself end up like this 2) he left the Batman and drunk coffee in Florence , let me down big time. This is not in the directors hand . Batman , like every protagonist , has some definite traits which if you alter , it stops being the same man.

It has nothing to do with comics , i never had one Batman comic in my life . It didn't have to , to understand Batman.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:42 pm

While watching Dark Knight Rises, i got the feeling that the whole movie was one big excuse to end the series. It seemed to be a very reluctant movie and while it was still enjoyable, it just did not feel the same as Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. It was sort of a let down down for me.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:33 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
RedOranje wrote:I tend to think Tom Cruise is a good action movie actor, yes. He's been in a number of movies I've quite enjoyed.

Anywhere near Steve McQueen?

The Movie House - Page 21 HAHAHA_NO_ca7fdd_433522
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Oblivion does look good from the premise, but Olga Kurylenko No

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:08 pm

How everyone underrates Tom Cruise is beyond me. I don't get where the hate spurns from. His looks and fame? Scientology?

I don't even have to name the amount of excellent good films he has been in. So I will name performances which have been spectacular from him.

Jerry Mcguire
Born on the 4th of July.
Rain Man
Risky Business
Eyes Wide shut
Magnolia (Unbelievably good in that)
Vanilla Sky
Last Samurai (Bow down to this performance
Collateral.
MI III
Valkyrie

All a list of SUPERB performances. 3 of them Oscar worthy

This doesn't include his list of excellent films.

In case you wonder I am a huge fan of him and his excellent screen presence. He doesn't so challenging roles often since his desire is too entertain in the end.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Sociedad

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:19 pm

Granted I haven't seen enough of those movies to honestly comment, but I've always felt that he's been a lowlight in good movies. Jerry McGuire, both MIs, Last Samurai were all marked by his overacting at times. I often feel that I can't suspend disbelief when he's on screen, that I am VERY aware that he is an actor playing a character in a movie, and it pulls me out of where I need to be. That's just my personal reason for why I don't like him though, clearly you have a different opinion.

And I did like him in Risky Business.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:41 pm

Cruise just doesn't have the talent of greats like Denzel, De Niro, Bale, Russell Crowe, Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt, etc.

He's a very good actor in his own right but he will never touch the great actors. That's the only negative about him. His movies are mostly great but his performances don't warrant his name to be thrown around the legends.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by goonbrain Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:04 pm

Watched 'lawless'
Good movie. Great performances from LaBeouf :bow: , Hardy :bow: and Pearce :bow: :bow:
But i wish Oldman had more screen time. He usually goats his roles Sad
goonbrain
goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:17 pm

'The Hobbit' already released or what? IMBD critic ratings are showing average ratings..
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:35 pm

goonbrain wrote:Watched 'lawless'
Good movie. Great performances from LaBeouf :bow: , Hardy :bow: and Pearce :bow: :bow:
But i wish Oldman had more screen time. He usually goats his roles Sad

Watched lawless rescently. The plot really got me in , whilst before i decided to watch it , it didn't seem my kind of movie. The acting was good , the characters were interesting to say the least and all what happened after the first half hour , it's just got better and better .

Strong movie , definitely worth the time .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by goonbrain Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:12 pm

Adit wrote:'The Hobbit' already released or what? IMBD critic ratings are showing average ratings..
You just not simply outshine a legendary trilogy.
The way i take it, 'The Hobbit' as a novel must not be as gripping as 'LOTR' and it is less diverse. The group that sets out on the adventure are mostly Dwarves while in LOTR, there is the human, the elf, the dwarf..the right measure...you get the gist..

The trailer gave me the impression that this movie would certainly meet my expectations and i will reseve my judgement till after i have seen it :bow:
goonbrain
goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next