Rooney Is The Most Overrated Player Ever?

+25
billionmillion
alexjanosik
RED
Great Leader Sprucenuce
urbaNRoots
free_cat
fatman123
rwo power
Blue Barrett
SchinnerC
Mr Blobby
Kingofeverythingclassy
danyjr
MrDeeds
Kick
Lord Awesome
FennecFox7
Abramovich
zarola
RealGunner
Valkyrja
jibers
Onyx
Ganso
DidierDrogba11
29 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rooney Is The Most Overrated Player Ever? - Page 2 Empty Re: Rooney Is The Most Overrated Player Ever?

Post by SchinnerC Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:32 am

Nope thats not a joke.

SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Rooney Is The Most Overrated Player Ever? - Page 2 Empty Re: Rooney Is The Most Overrated Player Ever?

Post by fatman123 Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:36 am

Rooney is only overrated is by yanited fan boys and the English media, although within this forum i think hes rated quite well. Although Rooney will never be on par with the likes of Messi or CR he i amongst the best in the world, and his GOAT work rate really helps him to standout
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:51 am

No. I don't agree.

Rooney is a great striker, with good finishing, reasonable dribiling, great long pass, tremendous work rate, great long shot...

Off course, if you are claiming he is the "white Pele", you are overating him, but only some ManU fans claim that.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:32 am

What a joke of a thread.... Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:50 am

Rooney is not great at finishing ffs. He is decent at it. His conversion rate is slightly above average. And his work rate? Are you *bleep* kidding me? How many of you watched United regularly last season? he did sod all. Most of the time he was ball watching. This laziness started from the 2011 cl final where he could not even be othered to track busquets. His workrate has gone down hill and only the wingers and welbeck pressed. Workrate Laughing What a laod of horse shite.

And people saying overall he is this and that, I dont give a rats arfse, Ronaldo is more 'complete' but Messi is still a superior player. Bastian is more 'complete' but Xavi and Pilro are far better CMs. Ramos is better on the ball but Vidic is a better defender. All tehse extras mean sod all. As a striker he is good, but not great. The media hype has died around him, and I agree he lost something as he gpt older, same with Ronaldo. Both could dribble and Rooney was far better at controlling the ball and had a better shooting range. Now he can only score inside the bloody box.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:24 pm

jibers wrote:Rooney is not great at finishing ffs. He is decent at it. His conversion rate is slightly above average. And his work rate? Are you *bleep* kidding me? How many of you watched United regularly last season? he did sod all. Most of the time he was ball watching. This laziness started from the 2011 cl final where he could not even be othered to track busquets. His workrate has gone down hill and only the wingers and welbeck pressed. Workrate Laughing What a laod of horse shite.

And people saying overall he is this and that, I dont give a rats arfse, Ronaldo is more 'complete' but Messi is still a superior player. Bastian is more 'complete' but Xavi and Pilro are far better CMs. Ramos is better on the ball but Vidic is a better defender. All tehse extras mean sod all. As a striker he is good, but not great. The media hype has died around him, and I agree he lost something as he gpt older, same with Ronaldo. Both could dribble and Rooney was far better at controlling the ball and had a better shooting range. Now he can only score inside the bloody box.

are you talking about shrek or his brother?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:29 pm

fatman123 wrote:
jibers wrote:Rooney is not great at finishing ffs. He is decent at it. His conversion rate is slightly above average. And his work rate? Are you *bleep* kidding me? How many of you watched United regularly last season? he did sod all. Most of the time he was ball watching. This laziness started from the 2011 cl final where he could not even be othered to track busquets. His workrate has gone down hill and only the wingers and welbeck pressed. Workrate Laughing What a laod of horse shite.

are you talking about shrek or his brother?

Rooney. I am talking about Wayne Rooney.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:02 pm

Jibers give up, people still think Messi work's hard Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:13 pm

On form, he is one of the best players in the world...absolutely devastating and is involved in everything. No one can deny that.

Off form...boy oh boy is he terrible.

And that's his main problem, and the main reason why some people don't rate him as an elite player. He goes through patches of form during the season. He also has a weak mentality....any off field problem will massively affect him on the pitch.

But his qualities are there to see...good technique, great work rate, great long ball passing and great goal scoring. He wasn't even at his best for us last season and still managed to bang in 38 goals.

Top player, and rightly rated as a top player.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:20 pm

I dont wholly agree with you but on some points I do.
Unlike you I think he is a great player and on form one of the best in the world.
But I do agree that he lost something as he got older.I still remember the Rooney from Euro 2004.He was for my money the player of the tournament till he got injured.I also vividly remember the game against Fenerbache.i was blown away by his performance and remember thinking at the time that he was going to a superstar.he could do everything.Take on players and beat them at ease,shoot from range,pass well.Looked the complete package.Now he just cant beat his man and just doesnt have that awe factor about him.He used to have that awe factor when he was younger.
I think the blame lies with Fergie.Fergie sidelined Rooney and focussed the team around Rooney.Rooney was left on the sidelines and he never really recovered.
I also agree with RED that Rooney is far too patchy.For an elite player he has far too many poor games a season.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:48 pm

Rooney lost his motivation after he failed last season. there were moments he considered top-2 player in the world (2 seasons ago). i still remember we had messi vs rooney threads 2-3 times
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:50 pm

billionmillion wrote:Rooney lost his motivation after he failed last season. there were moments he considered top-2 player in the world (2 seasons ago). i still remember we had messi vs rooney threads 2-3 times

LOL noone in their right mind would ever compare the two. in 10 season, Rooney scored goals and was more clinical. Did that make him a top 3 player? Not in my book. Media hype and all.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vyey Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:50 pm

vasanthPato wrote:

3rd best player in the world :facepalm:

I'm bias deal with it :coffee:

Nobody is overrating him just me.

Vyey
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:02 am

Over 30 goals last season from the no 10 position with 1 booking in all competitions for this tempernental player

Yet he's overrated....

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:02 pm

Lol.. He's world class, can put him anywhere on the pitch and will probably be world class
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by MindGames7 Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:27 pm

Rooney is shit and no-one likes him and I hope we can finally sell him now we've signed van Persie.
MindGames7
MindGames7
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2