juventus101
Swanhends
Calebvision
31 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ronaldo and Nani - Page 2 Empty Re: Ronaldo and Nani

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:32 pm

Mr Drew wrote:Basically, what I think jibers is trying to get at is that when compared to the average guy you see at the gym, yes Ronaldo and Nani are twigs....that is expected though when you consider the amount of cardio that Ronaldo and Nani do.

Yeah but the OP is discussing them being ripped and asking what there gym routines might be like.. He's not saying they're as big as professional body builders

LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:33 pm

Ronaldo isnt a twig compared to the average guy in the gym imo, same with nani..theyre average.

Just also want to point out, i have a 7% body fat and my arms are ridiculously small, yet i curl 40s, so its not always how big you are
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:40 pm

Swagg wrote:
Mr Drew wrote:Basically, what I think jibers is trying to get at is that when compared to the average guy you see at the gym, yes Ronaldo and Nani are twigs....that is expected though when you consider the amount of cardio that Ronaldo and Nani do.

Yeah but the OP is discussing them being ripped and asking what there gym routines might be like.. He's not saying they're as big as professional body builders

He asked how much they lift..... which the answer to that is not every much at all.

Their body's are due to a well balanced diet and exercise program consisting of high amounts of cardio and strong core work among other things.

I do doubt the majority of footballer's lift more than even me and despite the fact i work hard at it i'm not at insane levels.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:33 pm

Lifting is bad for balls , that why footballers don't lift , it'll hinder their ability with the balls :coffee:
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:46 pm

This thread, wrong section, we have a gym thread for a reason.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:54 pm

I know very little about lifting or fitness on the highest level, but could having a significantly large upper body kill off some of your ability to balance, and change direction as quick etc.?

Perhaps that's why Ronaldo is now a kick and run dribbler hmm

And are tennis players really that fit? I don't watch tennis.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:58 pm

Tennis is much more physically exhausting than football in my experience.....but tennis is a concentrated sport, not week in week out like football, you have to ensure that you're in peak shape at the right time, football...you have to try to maintain your energy levels spread across considerably more game time.

Same with boxing.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:01 pm

CBarca wrote:I know very little about lifting or fitness on the highest level, but could having a significantly large upper body kill off some of your ability to balance, and change direction as quick etc.?

Yes, another reason why lifting weights to beef up to deal with the physical nature of another league is always dangerous because too much can take your agility away( among other things) completely.

There's a definite fine balance to be had there.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:04 pm

Jives, i had someone on here (can't remember who) try and convince me that Cronaldo was a bodybuilder Laughing i lol'd for a while afterwards

He is in amazing physical shape, no doubt about that. But, a bodybuilder he ain't
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:07 pm

In my experience soccer is wayyy more tiring than tennis

Tennis you get breaks all the time and long volleys really aren't all that common anyway
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:10 pm

Nah, trust me Bhends, tennis is far more tiring. With football, you know the game is finished in 90 minutes (unless it's a knock-out tournament and the game's drawn) Some tennis games can go on for as long as 5 hours

Took Murray 3 and a bit hours to finish off Tsong today
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:16 pm

jibers wrote:is this some sort of a joke? They are tiny ffs, have you guys ever been to a gym? WTF am I reading, being ripped is down to having low body fat not lifting heavy weights :facepalm:
And Nani isn't bigger than anyone...

I don't even...

And compared to pro bodybuilders and powerlifters, every other athlete in the world is small.

Compare Nani and CR to other footballers.

Compare CR to Ozil, and CR looks like a monster.
Compare CR to Arnold Schwarznegger, and CR looks like Ozil.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:16 pm

Lex wrote:

Tbf though, how much of those 3 and half hours was he running around....

I mean there's a lot of breaks in between points and games etc etc.

I remember reading in a Nadal and Djokovic match before that went on for 4 and half hours they were only actually in play for an hour.

The whole overall time being 3 or 4 hours can be decieving.

Although, i dont want you to be decieved its obviously a tiring sport none the less.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:16 pm

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:In my experience soccer is wayyy more tiring than tennis

Tennis you get breaks all the time and long volleys really aren't all that common anyway

Tennis is longer and has more explosive and compound movements.When you're playing football you can somewhat adjust, rely on teammates etc, tennis, you stop the intensity, you lose.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:17 pm

Lex wrote:Nah, trust me Bhends, tennis is far more tiring. With football, you know the game is finished in 90 minutes (unless it's a knock-out tournament and the game's drawn) Some tennis games can go on for as long as 5 hours

I played a couple of seasons of Tennis when I was younger, its really not that bad

You say it took Murray 3 hours to beat off Tsonga, but how long was the ball actually in play during that amount of time?

Definitely not 3 hours worth - theres breaks all the freaking time, and again as I said, long volleys really aren't that common

In soccer players routinely run 10k...No way does tennis come anywhere close to that
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:17 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
CBarca wrote:I know very little about lifting or fitness on the highest level, but could having a significantly large upper body kill off some of your ability to balance, and change direction as quick etc.?

Yes, another reason why lifting weights to beef up to deal with the physical nature of another league is always dangerous because too much can take your agility away( among other things) completely.

This sounds a lot like the issues of Alexandre Pato
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:19 pm

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

This sounds a lot like the issues of Alexandre Pato

When i wrote it, i did think of him not going to lie lol..... i do understand the concerns with some players so they beef up to get stronger but sometimes it's a negative more than a positive and you lose some of what made you special as a professional footballer.

It really would'nt suprise me if Neymar went down a similar route because of how people talk about how skinny he is all the time.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:25 pm

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:
Lex wrote:Nah, trust me Bhends, tennis is far more tiring. With football, you know the game is finished in 90 minutes (unless it's a knock-out tournament and the game's drawn) Some tennis games can go on for as long as 5 hours

I played a couple of seasons of Tennis when I was younger, its really not that bad

You say it took Murray 3 hours to beat off Tsonga, but how long was the ball actually in play during that amount of time?

Definitely not 3 hours worth - theres breaks all the freaking time, and again as I said, long volleys really aren't that common

In soccer players routinely run 10k...No way does tennis come anywhere close to that

Alot of that is movement off the ball , light jogging, walking, very simple movements, compare that to having to slide/sprint across unorthodox twisting use of the full range of shoulder/back muscles...to me it was more physically demanding.

Of course football is heavily reliant on the pace of each individual game and tennis on the physical level of your opponent. It's always variable.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:27 pm

Did i mention Tsonga got a 98mph tennis ball to the nuts?

No No No No
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:30 pm

I watched that lol, have to say i love watching Tsonga play.... always exciting to watch and man does he smack a tennis ball lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:36 pm

Jonathan28 wrote:This thread, wrong section, we have a gym thread for a reason.

Ronaldo and Nani - Page 2 Watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:55 pm

jibers wrote:
BhritanniaBhlue wrote:
jibers wrote:
BhritanniaBhlue wrote:
jibers wrote:is this some sort of a joke? They are tiny ffs, have you guys ever been to a gym? WTF am I reading, ]being ripped is down to having low body fat not lifting heavy weights :facepalm:

I don't even...

Thats a definite oversimplification...being ripped isn't all about bodyfat

My bodyfat is ridiculously low....I am most definitely not anything close to ripped - I'm just skinny

Well obviously you need to have a bit of lean muscle underneath. Balotelli is lean and ripped but he is tiny and barely ahs any muscles. Ronaldo and Nani are both Lean but nothing out of the ordinary. They look like tooth picks.

Tooth picks? hmm

Ronaldo and Nani - Page 2 1zfh63b

Ronaldo and Nani - Page 2 Nani-fun

yes they are, I'm 6'5 and I weigh 17.5 stones atm, being ripped doesnt make you massive. If I stood next to anyone of these dudes they would look like Victoria secret models ffs. You kidding me. Next thing you'll tell me Balotelli is massive. FML

First of all, why measure anything on an international forum in "stones"? So damn annoying, we dont live in medieval times anymore!

Secondly, why the hell would anyone compare a weightlifter with a footballer? Are you gonna run around like Nani and Ronaldo with your 111 kg body? I`d like to see you sprint.

jibers wrote:
BhritanniaBhlue wrote:
jibers wrote:is this some sort of a joke? They are tiny ffs, have you guys ever been to a gym? WTF am I reading, ]being ripped is down to having low body fat not lifting heavy weights :facepalm:

I don't even...

Thats a definite oversimplification...being ripped isn't all about bodyfat

My bodyfat is ridiculously low....I am most definitely not anything close to ripped - I'm just skinny

Well obviously you need to have a bit of lean muscle underneath. Balotelli is lean and ripped but he is tiny and barely ahs any muscles. Ronaldo and Nani are both Lean but nothing out of the ordinary. They look like tooth picks.

Compared to most footballers they are indeed more muscular, at least Ronaldo. Nani is such an ugly man I dont want to google more pictures of him.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:57 pm

Elokobi puts both of them to shame
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:42 pm

Lex wrote:Elokobi puts both of them to shame

Elokobi is very strong, I agree. Guy is massive. But just goes to show you it isnt how big you always are.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:02 pm

So many lol worthy things in this thread

First off, I agree with jibers and that is strange.

hmm So let's compare the mostest rippted European footballer to another anaerobic intensive sport's mostest rippted athletes... Basketball has Dwight Howard, lebron James, Blake griffin, dwade, etc. and they all fish flop even more than footballers.

I'm not saying that it'd be ideal for footballers to be any bigger up top, opposite actually. But if you can't get to Nani's level of fitness in 6-9 months from a starting point of concave chest and just hit puberty, you're not even trying.

Anyone who wants learn how to actually train for size, strength, explosivness, not really agility... Go to t-nation.com. And actually there are some gems there too about flexibility, mobility, physiology and yes even some agility stuff.

FFS, the ignorance...
daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:34 pm

daneq wrote:hmm So let's compare the mostest rippted European footballer to another anaerobic intensive sport's mostest rippted athletes..

............wat
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next