matpol
The Franchise
messixaviesta
BarcaKizz
The Sanchez
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Top 10 Best and Worst Transfers/Promotions under Guardiola - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 Best and Worst Transfers/Promotions under Guardiola

Post by larisano Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:41 am

lol
thanks for the compliments guys, only here for a few days since it is holidays,atm. Still studying so I'LL be back next year for sure.
I do visit quite regularly through mobile and stay up to date but for focus purposes it is better not to post lest I forget my priorities at this moment in time( not that I don't get the urge to reply to some absurd comments at times,tbh)

larisano
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Best and Worst Transfers/Promotions under Guardiola - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 Best and Worst Transfers/Promotions under Guardiola

Post by alexjanosik Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:31 pm

Dont know abt the top 10 best and worst as it would be too difficult but the best and worst is quite easy.
The best transfer under the Pep era is Alves quite easily imo.Worth every single penny and more
Worst transfer is also easy.Ibra for Eto'o plus 46 mil.Its the worst transfer not just of the Pep era but in the entire history of football.It remains the one blot on Laporta's presidency.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:37 pm

Im not sure it was worse than Chgy-cant spell it.

I mean, Etoo was already out the door for Pep and at least Ibra gave us 20 goals or whatever.

Chgy cost us 25 or 30, cant remember and was incredibly bad.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by larisano Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:09 am

keirrison and henrique were also bad, like an employer paying 2 workers for staying at home. they didn't even play much or in keirrison's case,not at all. although that speaks alot about our system more than anything that players who are absolute top class have failed to adapt well enough and are more often than not lesser in such a system( Ibra, Villa, Henry, Masch at dm, even the flops such as Chyg who was pretty good at Shaktar?)
larisano
larisano
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:28 am

Weren't Keirrison and Henrique signings for the purpose of loaning them out, having them impress and then selling for profit? That's the vibe I got, due to them never getting a chance, really.

Either way, both backfired and...we don't need to talk about it.

I put Eto'o for Ibra transfer as slightly worse than Chyggy, but not by too much. Chyggy cost 25 mil euros and we sold him back for 15, losing 10 million. With Ibra, we lost 22 million, lost Eto'o (although he was on his way out his value could have proved more useful) and in exchange got like 20 goals in a fairly decent season, then he was gone.

The amount of money lost with the Eto'o for Ibra swap is astounding.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:30 am

CBarca wrote:Weren't Keirrison and Henrique signings for the purpose of loaning them out, having them impress and then selling for profit? That's the vibe I got, due to them never getting a chance, really.

Either way, both backfired and...we don't need to talk about it.

I put Eto'o for Ibra transfer as slightly worse than Chyggy, but not by too much. Chyggy cost 25 mil euros and we sold him back for 15, losing 10 million. With Ibra, we lost 22 million, lost Eto'o (although he was on his way out his value could have proved more useful) and in exchange got like 20 goals in a fairly decent season, then he was gone.

The amount of money lost with the Eto'o for Ibra swap is astounding.

He wasn't even worth 30m imo at the time, certainly not 50m plus Eto. Yes, he scored goals though he didn't keep his cool and well Ibra playing on the wing, he didn't like that either. 'He was man enough to go away...'
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:32 pm

The Franchise wrote:Im not sure it was worse than Chgy-cant spell it.

I mean, Etoo was already out the door for Pep and at least Ibra gave us 20 goals or whatever.

Sure he scored 20 goals but most of them were in the first half of the season.Second half he was awful and ultimately had to be benched.
Plus you also have to consider the monetary aspect.We let go one of the top strikers in the world(only Villa was better than Eto'o then) and on top of that paid Initer 46 mil for Ibra.
It should have been the other way round.Inter should have paid us 46 mil plus Ibra for Eto'o(even in the last year of his contract).
Inter robbed us all the way to the bank.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:56 pm

No. Come on... Barça tried to get rid of Samu for 15-20M but didn't find a buyer. So how the hell would he be worth 46M + Ibra? We got robbed, no doubt, but this is BS.

I'd have to agree with Keirrison, Chiggy and Henrique being the biggest fails, closely followed by Ibra. The first three were genuine moneypits. Keirrison is still a Barça player, but we have to be happy if we'll get even 1 or 2M out of him. Henrique was just like flushing 8M down the drain. The same goes for Chiggy. At least Ibra was important to the team.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:14 pm

alexjanosik wrote:

Sure he scored 20 goals but most of them were in the first half of the season.Second half he was awful and ultimately had to be benched.
Plus you also have to consider the monetary aspect.We let go one of the top strikers in the world(only Villa was better than Eto'o then) and on top of that paid Initer 46 mil for Ibra.
It should have been the other way round.Inter should have paid us 46 mil plus Ibra for Eto'o(even in the last year of his contract).

I know, but we couldnt find a buyer for Etoo if you remember. And besides, whatever we got out of Ibra, even if it was only in 1 half of the season, it was something.

Chgy didnt even give us nothing, he gave us less than that.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:16 pm

Hete BLKSM wrote:No. Come on... Barça tried to get rid of Samu for 15-20M but didn't find a buyer. So how the hell would he be worth 46M + Ibra? We got robbed, no doubt, but this is BS.

I'd have to agree with Keirrison, Chiggy and Henrique being the biggest fails, closely followed by Ibra. The first three were genuine moneypits. Keirrison is still a Barça player, but we have to be happy if we'll get even 1 or 2M out of him. Henrique was just like flushing 8M down the drain. The same goes for Chiggy. At least Ibra was important to the team.

So important that he was benched by Bojan who would later leave Barca that transfer window as well Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:07 pm

Look, I am absolutely no fan of the guy, especially after how he lashed out at Pep, but:

Barcelona: 2009-2010 - 21 goals and 11 assists. :coffee:
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:42 pm

Yeah, Ibra wasn't disastrous, and he was important. The decision to purchase him was. If Pep was planning to play Messi in the middle, why buy a player that can't move to the wing? Even if he wasn't planning on it until Messi requested it, he should've seen it coming. If we were willing to purchase Ibra for 46 + Eto'o, why not go for Villa for 40 a year earlier? At that time he was begging someone to take him.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:18 pm

I cant believe Pep never had in his mind the possibility Messi would play center. The first hint of it was that first CL final vs Man Utd.

I dont know what his idea was. Did he think Ibra could run in behind?

If I could ask Pep 3 questions, that would be one. Fully explain the thought process behind Ibra and his use.

Another would be, what did he see in Chgy we didnt.

A third question might be, does he realise Iniesta and Xavi are unstoppable as a pair in the midfield and moving Iniesta to a wide position ruins that?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:25 pm

It was not Ibrahimović's performances that made him one of the worst transfer in history of this club. In fact he did quite all-right on the pitch. It is his price tag, his wages and the amount of money Barcelona lost because of him. Not to mention letting Eto'o go.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:01 am

The Franchise wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:

I know, but we couldnt find a buyer for Etoo if you remember. And besides, whatever we got out of Ibra, even if it was only in 1 half of the season, it was something.

Chgy didnt even give us nothing, he gave us less than that.

I have always found the we couldnt find any buyers for Eto'o story strange.
He was one of the best strikers in the world and a champion player by all accounts.And yet apparently there were no suitors.Maybe its true but I tend to take it with a pinch of salt.
Coming to the swap itself.I know you are a big Ibra fan dani,but there is no way Ibra is worth 46 mil plus Eto'o even with Eto'o in the last year of his contract.
I think part of the blame also lies with Pep.One of his very few faults is that he doesnt give players a second chance.After the season Eto'o had,Pep should have reached out to him and placed trust in Eto'o.The management also needs to take blame.They should have extended Eto'o contract even with the wage demands.Perhaps then tried to sell him.
Either way imo it was the worst transfer.Lets just agree to disagree.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:10 am

- pique 5 m, now worth 40 mil. despite the drop in form.
- alves... most important player in barca after messi for me, assists/passing amazing
- busquets promotion, quality player promoted from la masia replaced yaya and solidified possession game in midfield as early as his first season with xaviesta
- mascherano- CB/DM.. just a wall... slide tackle master, eventhough is prone to mistakes sometimes, but brings tons of experience and varsitility
- Pedro-- 2009-10 absolutely dangerous! saw him as more of a danger than any other forward in barca other than messi. but last year was bad... but hes young.
- Tello- will be promising, remember my words.
- thiago- no words, magical.
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by larisano Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:03 am

i think pep bought ibra to try the glorified plan b that every tom,dick and harry go on about even now. i guess there isn't an all out plan b for our team,tbh, especially the 'put the tall guy upfront one', i mean just look at lpool with carroll up front last year and the amount of goals they scored.
and guys, if eto'o go in that deal, messi wouldn't have become he is today either,i believe,no where close to the record breaker he has become.
larisano
larisano
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:26 am

larisano wrote:i think pep bought ibra to try the glorified plan b that every tom,dick and harry go on about even now. i guess there isn't an all out plan b for our team,tbh, especially the 'put the tall guy upfront one', i mean just look at lpool with carroll up front last year and the amount of goals they scored.
and guys, if eto'o go in that deal, messi wouldn't have become he is today either,i believe,no where close to the record breaker he has become.

Indeed, we don't need a plan B and we actually aren't really capable of it. Only thing I think we should do is just mix things up a bit and be a bit more tactically flexible. One thing a lot of people say is we are too dependent on Messi. Tbh, thats how we get the best out of him, but we do need to find ways of creating and buzzing in the final third without him. We look flat without him.

The only things I wouldn't mind acquiring are a strong, powerful player. Not at all like Ibra, but somebody who is fast and mobile. I love our small, little, silky players but some steel and strength in the final third would be nice. This is why I backed looking at Hulk.

The other thing is someone with a bit of a long shot. Wouldn't sign any more mids for a while though, so a forward, again like Hulk, would be nice.

I also always asked for someone with real pace and speed out wide. This is why I liked Jeffren a lot and now Tello. I would much rather that tactical option on the bench than someone like Cuenca.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:35 am

Hulk would be a great addition to the team if he wasnt so expensive. As you said, he would bring strength and a good long shot.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2