Would a Spain-like approach work for Germany?

+7
rwo power
ELO
briarfish
Pedram
kiranr
Onyx
juventus101
11 posters

Go down

Would a Spain-like approach work for Germany? Empty Would a Spain-like approach work for Germany?

Post by juventus101 Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:23 pm

Come to think of it, i thinj we all agree that Germanys best area is their attacking midfield. So why not play as many of them as possible, Spain-style?

--Neuer--
--Boateng-- --Badstuber-- --Hummels-- --Lahm--
--Kroos-- --Khedira-- --Schweini--
--Ozil-- --Gotze--
--Podolski--

Would this work?
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Would a Spain-like approach work for Germany? Empty Re: Would a Spain-like approach work for Germany?

Post by Onyx Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:25 pm

I don't Germany CDM's/CM's are technically as good as Spain's. Also Reus should be in the lineup somewhere, maybe at CF.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Would a Spain-like approach work for Germany? Empty Re: Would a Spain-like approach work for Germany?

Post by kiranr Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:28 pm

Spain's midfielders are superior to Germany's. Because of this, Spain can keep the ball and move it better. One of the main reasons for this is Xavi and Iniesta by the way.

Unless Germany get siimilar players, there is no point copying Spain's system.

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:13 pm

Not only Spain's midfield is vastly superior to Germany's, their collective pressing and defending is also really good which helps them in the way they retain the ball.

It's possible for Germany to play like Spain but it probably won't be as effective as Spain.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by briarfish Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:10 pm

Germany can not play with the same system as Spain, because they don't have Xavi and Iniesta to make tiqui-taca work well. I think that many clubs and countries have tried tiqui-taca but failed because of the same reason.

And Podolski is a mediocre player. I don't know why do people think high of him. He's the most hyped player in Germany in the last 10 years and now it seems that he deserves the right estimation: 14m €.

briarfish
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:28 pm

14 million is an incredible bargain for him actually. Hes a world class player when played centrally and.he showed that for.Koln.

And how are Spains midfielders superior to Germanys? Ozil/Iniesta, Kroos/Fabregas, Schweinsteiger/Xavi, Gotze/Silva, Khedira/Alonso, and Bender/Busquets are all comparable, with Spain having a slight edge in some of them and Germany having the edge in others.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:41 pm

Individually it is arguable that some German midfielders may have an edge over their Spanish counterparts (although i dont believe this, i can see why some may think this), but collectively, there is no argument that Spain midfield is superior.

Hence why i believe Germany cannot succeed with this system like Spain.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by ELO Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:57 pm

i think the only german players with a similar technical ability, vision etc are Özil, Götze and maybe Kroos.
ELO
ELO
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:37 pm

I think it would be silly for Germany to identically adopt Spain's way of playing. I very much prefer we keep to our new-found own identity and just add some extra grit and fresh determination to the mix. That way we should be able to give Spain a run for their money in Brazil. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:08 pm

Neuer
Lahm - Hummels - Howedes - Schmelzer
Kroos - Khedira - Schwein
Ozil - Muller - Gotze

Like this maybe...
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:10 pm

#ReusforCF.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:18 pm

The dislike for Gomez on this forum is remarkable.

IMO the guys a beast of a striker. Any new formation Germany come up with (if they were to change, hypothetically), I'd like Gomez on the top of it.

But Germany wouldn't be able to pull off a Spain type 4-6-0 or anything like that. They're talented in that area yes, but they just can't do it like Spain can. They would have to change their whole system, not just the formation.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:57 am

CBarca wrote:The dislike for Gomez on this forum is remarkable.

IMO the guys a beast of a striker. Any new formation Germany come up with (if they were to change, hypothetically), I'd like Gomez on the top of it.

But Germany wouldn't be able to pull off a Spain type 4-6-0 or anything like that. They're talented in that area yes, but they just can't do it like Spain can. They would have to change their whole system, not just the formation.

i think most people are aware of the fact that gomez is a great striker. however, he is a classic CF that doesn't participate in any build up play and the only worth he has in linking up with his team mates is his ability to hold/shield balls away from the opposition and let it bounce back.

on a good day he can tear down teams and everything seems fine but when u take him out, which is not THAAAAAAT difficult, then germany gets a huge problem. at bayern that is more difficult because ribery/robben are a big direct threat on goal, which is why u cannot pay too much attention to gomez. that was not the case at the euros, at least with podolski and kroos on the wings and it's not like oezil is a goalgetter either.

therefore u need someone else in the middle. a german version of eto'o e.g., if u will. mueller and reus would be worth a try i think. reus NEEDS to play in any case.
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down