Checking The Nostalgia: Where do Messi, CR, Pirlo, Iniesta, Xavi, Iker and Buffon stand in history

+24
Don Carlo
Mamad
Albiceleste
Jonathan28
Alex10
The Sanchez
harhar11
Highburied
Muzza
ausbaz
Forza
CrazyBoy
Clockwork Orange
fanronaldo
DuringTheWar
juventus101
vivabarca38
jibers
Ganso
billionmillion
Beautiful Football
Harmonica
Valkyrja
Grande_Milano
28 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Checking The Nostalgia: Where do Messi, CR, Pirlo, Iniesta, Xavi, Iker and Buffon stand in history - Page 3 Empty Re: Checking The Nostalgia: Where do Messi, CR, Pirlo, Iniesta, Xavi, Iker and Buffon stand in history

Post by The Sanchez Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:58 am

fanronaldo wrote:I don't know but I don't think that ronaldo is the greatness poacher . But I have to say that he is really better at second stricker , stricker can create dangers in order that other players can score golds . He is a great poacher but he is not the greatest . Accroding to me , the greate poacher must be inzagi , van gol

@ crazy boy I don't know why you have to talk about ronaldo . If Ronaldo is not the greatest poacher , it is not associted with you . I just don't like comement of peole which don't lack of objectivity and don't find information about things which they write

Manchester United fan so he has some knowledge of Ronaldo's so called 'ability' :coffee:

The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Checking The Nostalgia: Where do Messi, CR, Pirlo, Iniesta, Xavi, Iker and Buffon stand in history - Page 3 Empty Re: Checking The Nostalgia: Where do Messi, CR, Pirlo, Iniesta, Xavi, Iker and Buffon stand in history

Post by fanronaldo Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:06 pm

I just want to say that do you see that he is talking meaningless things about ronaldo . I see that it look like an anger . I have not talked meaningless things about messi yet . he write without finding any information . He talked ronaldo and zidane is overrated . I just want to say that a person who wirte all things which is not right about your model , if you will shut up . I will not shut up until he stop meaningless things . He talked ronaldo is the poacher but not the greatest poacher .

I have to say if a player like anyone scored 44 golds / 47 matches for cruzeiro EC , 57 golds / 54 matches for PSV , 47 golds / 49 matches for braca , 34 golds / 47 matches for Inter at the first year . You should rememeber that cruzeiro EC , PSV is a normal at Brazin and the Neitherland . If all above things proved ronaldo is also a great poacher even better than inzagi , val gol or anyone except for pele . In a ddtion , if anyone have two big surgery on leg and still can score 104 golds / 177 matches for real or even had hal trick on match with Man United on champion league 2003 . Finally , if anyone have the third big surgery on leg and almost people say that they don't continue caree but they still can score 23golds / 38 matches for corinthian in order to help it win at sao paulo cup and scored 12 golds / 27 matches for corinthian in order to win at brazilian cup . Corinthian is a normal club at brazin and at that time it was playing at the second champion league of brazin Please respect ronaldo , he don't desverve being treated like that

About I say that ronaldo is not the greatest poacher because actually after he was injured , he can't be fast like before and fishing technique is also limited but his technique is still good and he continue make defenders diffculty when they face with ronaldo

fanronaldo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:17 pm

Kizu wrote:
harhar11 wrote:Iniesta forgettable rofl

Even though he scored in the wc final, Xavi will be remembered as the better player of the two and as the most important player(with Casillas) of the best Spain NT of all time.

Just because Xavi is better doesnt mean that Iniesta is forgettable...

And Iniesta is more important than Casillas for Spain especially now after the WC and Euro where he was Spains best player...

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:29 pm

harhar11 wrote:
Kizu wrote:

Even though he scored in the wc final, Xavi will be remembered as the better player of the two and as the most important player(with Casillas) of the best Spain NT of all time.

And Iniesta is more important than Casillas for Spain especially now after the WC and Euro where he was Spains best player...

Iniesta wasn't the best in WC, Villa was by far.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:31 pm

Kizu wrote:
harhar11 wrote:
Kizu wrote:

Iniesta wasn't the best in WC, Villa was by far.

Villa was the topscorer but he wasnt the best...

I know motm awards doesnt mean much but I will use it as an example to show that im not making this up(that iniesta was the best spanish player at the WC) to fit my arguement, Iniesta did get 3 MOTM(infact more than anyone in Spain) awards while Villa only got 1.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:40 pm

"Messi is the best player ever even though I never watched Maradona or Pele"

Checking The Nostalgia: Where do Messi, CR, Pirlo, Iniesta, Xavi, Iker and Buffon stand in history - Page 3 202526-dumb-rage-face
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex10 Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:53 am

Ronaldo being he greatest winger of all time? Yea right. The guy who is notorious for choking in decisive matches. And how is Pirlo lower then Xavi and Iniesta in an all time ranking? He won 2 CL with Milan, a WC with Italy(where he won the Bronze Ball) and was the best Italian at Euro 2012.

Alex10
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ausbaz Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:26 am

Alex10 wrote:Ronaldo being he greatest winger of all time? Yea right. The guy who is notorious for choking in decisive matches. And how is Pirlo lower then Xavi and Iniesta in an all time ranking? He won 2 CL with Milan, a WC with Italy(where he won the Bronze Ball) and was the best Italian at Euro 2012.

Wow where to start...
Ronaldo is easily in the top 3 wingers. IMO, he has choked in a few big games but most players do here and there. He scored 60 goals in a season, and has made scoring from a wide position an art.
Xavi and Iniesta both have 3 CL a WC and 2 Euros each.
Xavi's a golden ball winner he wasnt obly the best 'spanish player', Pirlo has nothing on both of them

ausbaz
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:47 am

If Messi continues at this level or close to it for most of his career, and does something on the international stage, then yes, hes the best ever.

Pirlo is better than Xavi and Iniesta. Xavi had a good Euro 08, and a good final of Euro 12. He was meh the rest of the time. Iniesta is the extremely clutch, but generally was not up to his Barca standards for Spain either. And Villa carried Spain through the WC. Pirlo is the nest of the 3 in my opinion. Has never underperformed when it mattered. Was the best attacking player in WC 06 only after Zizou, was the best player in Euro 12, and had a good Euro 08 when Italy were only eliminated by Spain on PKs. Italy as a whole qere in a transition phase and no matter how good Pirlo is, there was no.helping the 2010 Italy side. Pirlo was more influential to the Italy/Juve/Milan sides he has played in than either Xavi or Iniesta for Spain/Barca.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyBoy Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:11 am

ausbaz wrote:
Alex10 wrote:Ronaldo being he greatest winger of all time? Yea right. The guy who is notorious for choking in decisive matches. And how is Pirlo lower then Xavi and Iniesta in an all time ranking? He won 2 CL with Milan, a WC with Italy(where he won the Bronze Ball) and was the best Italian at Euro 2012.

Wow where to start...
Ronaldo is easily in the top 3 wingers. IMO, he has choked in a few big games but most players do here and there. He scored 60 goals in a season, and has made scoring from a wide position an art.
Xavi and Iniesta both have 3 CL a WC and 2 Euros each.
Xavi's a golden ball winner he wasnt obly the best 'spanish player', Pirlo has nothing on both of them

cristiano isnt a winger, he is a forward and there are many forwards who were better than him. As a pure winger who beat there man and whip in cross,. Garrincha and Matthews are far better.
Pirlo isnt exactly inferior to Xavi but the fact that he has performed with excpetional consistency of high level football, winning everything to be won, while being the fulcrum of those sides, he deserves a higher ranking than Pirlo.

CrazyBoy
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:26 pm

Ganso wrote:"Messi is the best player ever even though I never watched Maradona or Pele"

Checking The Nostalgia: Where do Messi, CR, Pirlo, Iniesta, Xavi, Iker and Buffon stand in history - Page 3 202526-dumb-rage-face

I was thinking the exact same thing Razz

I wasn't able to watch Pele, Maradona, Cruyff et al, so I just listen to those who have had the privilege of doing so, and just about all of them say Pele, though a few have said it is Garrincha. Messi is one of the best players I have seen, I won't call him the best I have seen since there are many exceptional players who I have witnessed, so I won't make that decision for about 20 more years.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:49 pm

Jonathan28 wrote:
Ganso wrote:"Messi is the best player ever even though I never watched Maradona or Pele"

I was thinking the exact same thing Razz

I wasn't able to watch Pele, Maradona, Cruyff et al, so I just listen to those who have had the privilege of doing so, and just about all of them say Pele, though a few have said it is Garrincha. Messi is one of the best players I have seen, I won't call him the best I have seen since there are many exceptional players who I have witnessed, so I won't make that decision for about 20 more years.
rofl
If Messi isn't the best you have seen, who is it then? CRonaldo? Zidane? rofl

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:02 pm

Don't laugh at Zidane. although i agree Messi is probably the best ever but what Zidane could do with the ball Messi can only dream about :coffee: .
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:36 pm

what maradona could do with a ball zidane could only dream about :coffee: , no seriously

DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:51 pm

Well, I have two seperate criteria on which I could judge it.

If I go with stats as most people use to judge players by these days for some odd reason, it would be.

1.Messi
2.R9
3.C.Ronaldo

If I go by sheer skill and technique making the game look so simple when its not.

1.Ronaldinho
2.Messi
3.R9
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Carlo Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:24 am

Kizu wrote:R9 in his prime was better than Messi ever was/will be

You`re having a laugh, surely.

Messi has a good argument for best player ever & beats R9 hands down... he scores more goals & is a much more complete player, what else do you need ?
Brazilian Ronaldo was a great player but is terribly overrated nowadays, he wasn`t even the best player of his own generation, Zidane was & proved it both against and in the same team as Ronaldo.
Don Carlo
Don Carlo
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:33 pm

Don Carlo wrote:

Messi has a good argument for best player ever & beats R9 hands down... he scores more goals & is a much more complete player, what else do you need ?
Brazilian Ronaldo was a great player but is terribly overrated nowadays, he wasn`t even the best player of his own generation, Zidane was & proved it both against and in the same team as Ronaldo.

Zidane hadn't won anything before Ronaldo's injury.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Carlo Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:34 pm

Kizu wrote:If they had the best squad... why didn't they win the final ? Maybe because Ronaldo was ill ?

Hahaha... I lmao every time I hear that pathetic excuse... they never won the final because France were a better team & Zidane was the best player in the world & tore Brazil apart, simple.
Don Carlo
Don Carlo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Carlo Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:46 pm

[/quote]
ronaldo is hardly a poacher, he is no way a poacher.
Anyways even if he is a poacher he is not the greatest poacher. Ever heard of certain Gerd Muller?[/quote]

I agree, Gerd Muller was the best poacher/goalscorer ever & to call Ronaldo a poacher is laughable... I`m one of a few that think R9 is overrated, he wouldn`t make my all time team, but he had way more to his game than to be labelled a `poacher.`
Don Carlo
Don Carlo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Carlo Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:59 pm

Kizu wrote:
Don Carlo wrote:

Zidane hadn't won anything before Ronaldo's injury.

World cup 98 ?

Either way what difference would it make if Zidane hadn`t won anything before R9s injury ?... that makes no sense whatsoever.

Zidane was the best player of Ronaldo`s generation, he won every major trophy, R9 never won the CL... but I`m not basing my opinion on who `won more trophies` I`m saying flat out Zidane was a better player & proved it more times in bigger games.
Don Carlo
Don Carlo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by braylann Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:18 pm

This is the problem when people stop romantisizing football and apply mathematics.

My dad his whole life has been a very open minded person, he is a very established scientist, and pragmatism and rational thought is his forte. He was born in the 30´s and the only two things I have ever seen him be completely irrational about is Nazis, and Maradona. The look he gives me when I show him videos and tell him about Messi, it´s like what he saw in his day (watching Maradona) was so profound and amazing, that there is no room for acceptance of any kind. For him, Maradona was the greatest thing to ever grace the field. I´ve never seen so much faith in a atheist before.

I´m not about to argue who is better, Ronaldo, Zidane, Messi. But if Messi gets injured tomorrow and never plays again...TRUST ME, 15 years from now, I´ll be visiting Camp Nou with my kids (who idolize some other badass), and they will ask me why it smells like poop, and I will tell them.....

¨Kids, many years ago, before (current badass), there was a player called Messi, whose skills and team were so incredible, that other teams would leave smelly little presents all over the field. He was so good that no other player could rival, so fast, so decisive, so intelligent on the ball.¨

And if Messi keeps his current level throughout his career, and even manages a world cup, I know that I probably will never accept another player in my lifetime and view them as I will view Messi.

Then again, I´m argentine so I might be a bit biased, but I´m sure Brasilians are the same, and so are the french.

braylann
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Levante

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:27 pm

Top post by braylann. I completely agree with that. That's true to a lot of people in Argentina, watching Maradona give us a WC while beating the English right after a war has become the pinnacle of many people's experience as a footy viewer. They will never accept anything or anyone will become close to it.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:39 am

Greatest of all time:
1. Cyruff
2. Pele
3. Maradona
4. Messi

Ronaldo would probably be in top 20 easily.
Xavi is the greatest ever creative playmaker in the world of football, Pirlo close behind him.
Great attacking midfielders, Iniesta would probably be top 5 at the top of my head.
Top 5 keepers
1. Yashin
2. Banks
3. Khan
4. Buffon
5. Casillas
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:44 am

ronaldo a poacher.. really? does CR have to dribble past the whole team to not be considered a poacher? Giant piece of baloney
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:19 am

Pirlo is one of the greatest playmakers in history, ahead of Xavi.
Messi is already a top 10 player in history. CR maybe top 15.
Buffon is one of the top 3 GKs in history (if not the best).
Iker is a top 10 GK of all time imo.
Iniesta is up there as well.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3