Valkyrja
Le Samourai
Bellabong
Onyx
viepr149
30 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Watch Ozil they said, He will outshine Pirlo they said - Page 2 Empty Re: Watch Ozil they said, He will outshine Pirlo they said

Post by ELO Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:35 am

people seriously have no clue. These Games are decided by small things. if Germany scores early, wich they had the opportunity to, than we Most likely See a completely different game and im Not saying Germany would've necessarily won. its Not like italy were completely dominating nor was pirlo an super outstanding figure, he had a good Game just like the whole italian Team.
now the "i told you so" and "they were overrated from the beginning" crowd talks the usual bs. "they lost the First in 16 consecutive competetive Games, they must suck"

Show some class :facepalm:

ELO
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Watch Ozil they said, He will outshine Pirlo they said - Page 2 Empty Re: Watch Ozil they said, He will outshine Pirlo they said

Post by kiranr Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:44 am

I doubt you would have said that if the Germans had won and the German fans were doing the same thing :coffee:
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by ELO Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:06 am

is your assumption. and i doubt that anyone would have Made a pirlo is overrated thread hmm
ELO
ELO
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:21 am

ELO wrote:is your assumption. and i doubt that anyone would have Made a pirlo is overrated thread hmm

That is true. You got me there.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:23 am

Pirlo wasn't like motm yesterday. he was just OK.

and Ozil was Germany's best player. football is team game. one player can't do anything on his own even Messi.

and i hope Spain destroy Italy. some of Italy fans are so arrogant.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Berbaflop Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:26 am

He is just an over hyped mediocre player , Montolivo>>Ozil
Berbaflop
Berbaflop
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:33 am

He is just an over hyped mediocre player , Montolivo>>Ozil
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:52 am

:facepalm:
If anyone showed up tonight, it were Özil and Neuer. At least, he had the balls to take that penalty instead of looking like a wimp Schweinsteiger is...
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:03 am

ELO wrote:is your assumption. and i doubt that anyone would have Made a pirlo is overrated thread hmm

you'd be surprised. :coffee:
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by ELO Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:13 am

Eivindo wrote:

you'd be surprised. :coffee:

true enough trolls for everyone on here Wink
ELO
ELO
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:29 am

Tifoso Romanista wrote:
CBarca wrote:Wow, what a stupid thread made by a clearly clueless poster.

Perhaps the "outshine Pirlo" part would have been wrong, but any hype Ozil gets is worth it.

The guy oozes class, he's easily one of the best play makers today.

This is like Iniesta having a bad game (Ozil didn't even play that bad lol, not worse than his team mates at least) and then saying "the iniesta hype needs to stop, he's not even that good"

Perhaps I'm coming off as crass, but I just find threads like this kinda funny.

I dont see any of the class you are talking aout , all i saw yet is a guy who is nither a ball winner , nor has a high vision , nor is the best dribller nor is a good finisher , his free kick sucks as well (He doesnt even get a chance to take one) , even at Real Madrid i can see pepe is doing a better job finding Ronaldo in space

This post is a calamity, it endangers mankind..
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:45 am

Tifoso Romanista wrote: his free kick sucks as well (He doesnt even get a chance to take one)

Watch Ozil they said, He will outshine Pirlo they said - Page 2 No+_53d7f033524a14c11c17abc3ac4b6f15

ozil played better than pirlo yesterday, especially considering that
a) he played out of position to accommodate kroos who simply had to stay on for entire 90 minutes to practice his best ronaldive impression
b) he had a useless podolski and white heskey as his only passing targets while the score was even and by the time gomez went off italy were already ahead and defended deeper
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:47 am

Last night ozil had two or three passes .. When i wrote that Marchisio and DDR will eat him alive i wasnt kidding xD
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:49 am

What Che said, except that Podolski would've scored a hattrick had he stayed on :p

Seriously, if Özil doesn't get targets to combine with, he just isn't as dangerous. I really do like Gomez, but he's useless for the German style of football. He's proven against Holland and Portugal that he's an excellent striker, but we don't need that. We need another forward with good close control and short passing ability.

Klose or Reus at CF would've done sooooo much more damage than Gomez. If Löw insists on playing Gomez, he has to change our style.

Even after all that btw, Özil wasn't even bad. He did play some nice, crisp passes, it's just useless if his CF has the first touch of a drunk elephant.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:50 pm

honestly ozil is a joke, cesc/montelivo>>>>>>>>>>>ozil Very Happy
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:53 pm

lol at the people saying ozil had a good game...ozil along with germany's other midfielders clearly got outclassed by their counterparts and pirlo was a major part of that...

All these excuses of being out of position are just poor.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:05 pm

nichabr wrote:lol at the people saying ozil had a good game...ozil along with germany's other midfielders clearly got outclassed by their counterparts and pirlo was a major part of that...

quality hypocrisy

I'm sure you'd be saying that if Pirlo played on the wing right?
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:12 pm

I didn't see why Germany was going to evidentially win this anyway. They had a hard time against Portugal which was their only real opponent. Denmark was meh, The Netherlands just suffered under loads of different circumstances as a result of which they epicly underperformed and Greece was nothing to begin with. Heck, Russia should've def. gone through instead of them. And Russia would've also def. been a much harder opponent. Spain also proved that Germany isn't the unbeatable team they like themselves to be portrayed as.

Italy on the other hand has only been improving since former years and there was absolutely no reason to believe they'd have an impossible task on their hands with the Germans.

In the end, they simply weren't good enough, like they weren't against the Spanish a couple years ago. Just except it and move on ffs, instead of searching for excuses.

EDIT: Inb4: y u post this here? Mainly due to the excuses about Özil being played out of posession etc. But would've fit better in another thread. :coffee:
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:07 pm

Anyone who can underrate Ozil so drastically is clearly delusional. I'll be the first to admit the comparisons to Zidane are far from accurate, but that's where it stops.

The fact that people can call him a joke or a mediocre player only serves to show the lack of football knowledge some posters on this forum have. He's clearly one of the best playmakers in the world and has a very bright future ahead of him.

Stats, hype/buzz, professional acclaim, etc. all reinforce this. Someone who has actually seen him play a few times and has the slightest bit of knowledge about this game will know this.

Haters gonna hate.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by viepr149 Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:46 pm

hrealmadrid wrote:Anyone who can underrate Ozil so drastically is clearly delusional. I'll be the first to admit the comparisons to Zidane are far from accurate, but that's where it stops.

The fact that people can call him a joke or a mediocre player only serves to show the lack of football knowledge some posters on this forum have. He's clearly one of the best playmakers in the world and has a very bright future ahead of him.

Stats, hype/buzz, professional acclaim, etc. all reinforce this. Someone who has actually seen him play a few times and has the slightest bit of knowledge about this game will know this.

Haters gonna hate.

I agree he is a good player.

But I made this thread because of what I was reading in the Germany vs Italy thread. I couldn't believe Italy was getting zero respect and Germany was getting tons just because you can name drop some of their midfielders.

I would always get mad when Prandelli would put Diamanti (cause I haven't seen much of him) on, but honestly that guy has impressed and gave 110% every time he wont on.

Then reading threads calling Ozil (Ozildane) was just a joke. Zidane could just the fate of a game all by himself.

He has great potentially but please don't call him Ozildane.

viepr149
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RQ12 Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:51 pm

All these excuses of being out of position are just poor.[/quote]

quality hypocrisy

I'm sure you'd be saying that if Pirlo played on the wing right?[/quote]

When you're a very good playmaker, in fact the key one for your team you just don't put them out of position for whatever reason.

Now here's a few reasons why he may have got moved over to the wing perhaps he is comfortable on the wings I'm no real madrid fanatic but I'm sure he plays on the wings.
Another reason is for tactical adjustments to try and stop Pirlo, which may be the more likely. Which shows that the coach of the German NT was afraid of Pirlo more so then he were confident in Ozil's own playmaking ability.

Simply put Pirlo is only capable from that deep position, such an integral part of the Italian system that he'll never get put out of position it's impossible to imagine him on the right wing.
Whereas Ozil disappointed from the wings where he's usually comfortable, clearly outclassed last night by a legend, but he has a bright future ahead.

RQ12
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:01 pm

viepr149 wrote:

But I made this thread because of what I was reading in the Germany vs Italy thread. I couldn't believe Italy was getting zero respect and Germany was getting tons just because you can name drop some of their midfielders.

I would always get mad when Prandelli would put Diamanti (cause I haven't seen much of him) on, but honestly that guy has impressed and gave 110% every time he wont on.

Then reading threads calling Ozil (Ozildane) was just a joke. Zidane could just the fate of a game all by himself.

Biggest myth ever!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:17 pm

That is clearly a big myth. Zidane needed his teammates as much as they needed him. I rate Zidane incredibly high but let's not get carried away here...

Also, Ozil can play on the wings but he would be rather ineffective from there. But I give all credit to Italy, they obviously showed up for this one whilst Germany had one or two or three players who remembered a final was at stake...

Last edited by Doc on Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:18 pm

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:
nichabr wrote:lol at the people saying ozil had a good game...ozil along with germany's other midfielders clearly got outclassed by their counterparts and pirlo was a major part of that...

quality hypocrisy

I'm sure you'd be saying that if Pirlo played on the wing right?

Yes because DLP playing as a winger is different from a AM that roams playing on the wing for one match its such a big change that he has to move 20 feet to his right or left that he would play so much differently...

And if im not mistaken its not the first time that ozil has played on the wing as he always strays to his right with Madrid and during this competition he has spent most of his time on that side aswell so this excuse that hes being played out of position is non-sense.

nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:23 pm

Ozil's played on the right plenty of times at Real Madrid. He's played good there as well. However he just needs to be given a free role imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by viepr149 Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:27 pm

kiranr wrote:
viepr149 wrote:

Biggest myth ever!

Maybe on the club level...but anytime he played international football. He was the core of their team, and was a game changer. His free kicks were class as well.

The whole headbutt thing was kind of disappointing and self-fish of him to do.

viepr149
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2