Error
the xcx
Onyx
Babun
Valkyrja
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Modric joins Real Madrid (MARCA) - Page 2 Empty Re: Modric joins Real Madrid (MARCA)

Post by Onyx Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:22 pm

Davor Suker:

"As a future president of Croatian football, I'd love to see Luka Modric join Real Madrid," he told Marca.

"He has the quality and the ability to play for a big club like Real. But it is a question I will pose with my heart to Mourinho and Perez."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Modric joins Real Madrid (MARCA) - Page 2 Empty Re: Modric joins Real Madrid (MARCA)

Post by The Don Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:18 am

Nuri Sahin > Modric
Gago > Modric

£30 million, perhaps, changing to a system one that hasn't worked that well for Madrid in the recent past, and Nuri Sahin who will be a world class midfielder in a few years IMO.

That is what they'd have to sacrifice for this overrated, utterly average, unprofessional brat who gets spanked against big boys 9/10 times.

Worst (potential) deal of the century.
The Don
The Don
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:31 am

The ostracision continues hmm
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:05 am

Modric to Madrid = Sahin to Milan... Chaka
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:19 am

This transfer...doesn't really make sense...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:57 am

Keep benching Sahin... Then proceed to buy a far inferior player. hmm

Well done Mou. This is your "genius" :facepalm:
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:03 am

Was this Galliani's plan all along ? the real mastermind behind this supposed transfer hmm

Force Perez into buying Modric so that he can have Sahin for peanuts hmm
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:12 am

Surag wrote:Was this Galliani's plan all along ? the real mastermind behind this supposed transfer hmm

Force Perez into buying Modric so that he can have Sahin for peanuts hmm

Sahin? Don't tease me Surag. I'm warning you. :coffee:

Our next will probably be Francesco Parravicini knowing Zio Fester.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:01 am

Arquitecto wrote:Keep benching Sahin... Then proceed to buy a far inferior player. hmm

Well done Mou. This is your "genius" :facepalm:
So far, all reports are pointing out that Tottenham offered him to Madrid or he wants to join Madrid or Suker advises him to join Madrid. There's nothing from our side. It's all pure speculation eco smile
If you're going take marca seriously as a source... Laughing
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:39 am

Have you guys been watching Khedira in the Euros?
Why would we want Modric?
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:04 am

khedira is not a CM he is a DM

i will never consider khedira a CM

we need a pure CM aka modric

although if sahin reaches his maximum potential from dortmund performances then thats another story

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:28 pm

Marca says Modric has already told Tottenham he wants to leave because he wants to win the Champions League.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:46 pm

deadrave wrote:khedira is not a CM he is a DM

although if sahin reaches his maximum potential from dortmund performances then thats another story

khedira is most definitely a CM he is a b2b CM, not a DM.

and modric isnt a pure CM hes a ACM

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:50 pm

well still you cant say we have khedira why do we need modric as was previewsly said
they are both usefull but for different reasons even though they can play similar positions one overcomes the other in spesific skills

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:55 pm

"Here I am no longer able to fulfill my dream," Modric is quoted as saying in Spanish newspaper Marca.

"I'm going to play in the Champions League - I want to win this competition."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:12 pm

ehhh I don't want the guy.
I pretty much second guti on all he said as to why.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:18 am

I wanna know why we've given up on Lucas Moura...
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:41 pm

Marca:

Luka Modric is now a well-known player. But his past and his childhood aren’t based on the typical “effort” and “it wasn’t easy for him” story. Instead, he lived through a war and that’s no mean feat.

Luka was born in 1985 and the Balkan War broke out in 1991. He was six at the time. His father Stipe, left to fight as a soldier in the Croatian Army. His grandfather was killed by Serbs close to his house in Obrovac. So his mother packed up their belongings and fled to Zadar.

There, he spent a few months living in the Kolovare Hotel with nothing but a ball for company. According to one of the hotel receptionists: “He played all day long and broke more windows than the bomb explosions”.

It was his dream to play football, and at 8 years old, he had a trial with Hadjuk Split, one of the greatest Croatian clubs. He was there for two weeks, but after a tournament in Italy, he was let go. He returned to Zadar with his mother and that is where he met the man who would discover him, Tomislav Basic, the head of the Zadar youth academy. Luka was 10 years old.

Basic says that the Modric family survived any way it could: “They were very poor. They didn’t have money to buy Luka shirts or shin pads. So I made him some wooden ones”. Those shin pads are still around. Basic has them. “I kept them because I knew that Modric would turn into a great player.”

They say that Luka doesn’t like to remember those moments in his life. Basic says: It’s true that once or twice he got angry when remembering them. But I believe that it is part of his life and he should be proud of where he came from”.

The player doesn’t speak about it very much. The last time he did, he stressed that: “The war made me stronger. They were very hard times. I don’t want to dwell on them forever, but I don’t want to forget them either. Right now I feel as though I’m ready for anything”.

After Zadar, and having passed through numerous youth academies, he signed in 2003, at the age of 16, for Dinamo Zagreb, the club that would propel him to stardom. But first he would have to experience war again. Luka had to spend a year doing his national service. He was posted in Mostar, the place that the Spanish Army helped to rebuild.

That season he played for Zrinski in the Bosnian League. He was obviously the league’s player of the year. His career since then is better known. Juande Ramos signed him for Tottenham for €22m, the team which he wants to leave to make a name for himself… in La Liga.

Real Madrid might be his next destination, although Europe’s biggest clubs are fighting over him. Right now, he’s waiting for news whilst resting on the Adriatic coast, dreaming everyday of winning the Champions League, the tournament that could take his career to another level.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:06 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:

But he never actually plays as an ACM, he almost nearly plays as a CM or even as deep as a holding midfielder. He can also play out wide.

Modric can play just about anywhere in the midfield, but is best as a CM. He used to be best as an ACM but I don't know about that anymore since it's been a while since I've seen him play such an advanced role in Tottenham, where VdV usually is.

Modric would wreck La Liga, but I hope he stays at Tottenham. If he went to Madrid I would be one angry man.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:08 pm

He want to win the CL and that's impossible at Spurs. Razz

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:49 pm

CBarca wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:

But he never actually plays as an ACM, he almost nearly plays as a CM or even as deep as a holding midfielder. He can also play out wide.

Modric can play just about anywhere in the midfield, but is best as a CM. He used to be best as an ACM but I don't know about that anymore since it's been a while since I've seen him play such an advanced role in Tottenham, where VdV usually is.

Modric would wreck La Liga, but I hope he stays at Tottenham. If he went to Madrid I would be one angry man.

i hope you know that i mean attacking CM when i say ACM, not center attacking mid- CAM, big different.

because that is how modric is best described, he is an attacking CM- still a CM just more attacking.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Wooaahhh no that totally went right over my head. My bad. Ouch I look like an idiot now Very Happy

Nice article though, I didn't know Modric's childhood in such detail. Makes me love him even more Heart
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:50 pm

CBarca wrote:Modric would wreck La Liga, but I hope he stays at Tottenham. If he went to Madrid I would be one angry man.

i strongly disagree, Modric finds it hard to keep the ball against semi-decent midfielders in BPL, even the likes of Getafe and co have great midfielders with excellent pressing abilities and ball control, he would be a gold fish lost in an ocean if he were to come to LaLiga not to mention he would ruin his career because he will obviously not be picked after Mou realizes how bad he is

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:55 pm

I think we can do better than Modric.

Cazorla for one is a better option, even if we can't do better than Modric I prefer to give Granero a chance and wait for someone truly world class.

It would also mean a formation change which I don't see happening.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:19 pm

However, Redknapp stated that money made from a potential Modric sale could benefit the Spurs squad as as whole.

"I don't know. I wouldn't be sure about that,” he told Sky Sports News.

"It would be (a huge loss). He is irreplaceable. But if they get massive money, they can go and get three or four players and improve the team in other areas."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:21 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
CBarca wrote:Modric would wreck La Liga, but I hope he stays at Tottenham. If he went to Madrid I would be one angry man.

i strongly disagree, Modric finds it hard to keep the ball against semi-decent midfielders in BPL, even the likes of Getafe and co have great midfielders with excellent pressing abilities and ball control, he would be a gold fish lost in an ocean if he were to come to LaLiga not to mention he would ruin his career because he will obviously not be picked after Mou realizes how bad he is

Modric himself didn't seem to have any problems keeping the ball from Alonso, Busquets, Xavi and co...a team made up of Real Madrid/Barcelona players. And this is also with the relatively average Croatian midfield that surrounded him.

Why would you implicate that he has problems against semi-decent BPL midfielders? Especially considering most people think his greatest flaw is that he doesn't show up in big games, not that he has troubles against semi-decent BPL midfielders. People know by now he has no troubles against them.

Modric is very technically gifted. I don't think he would have any trouble in La Liga. I think the Spain game was at least a small glimpse of that.

I do agree with Samourai though, I think Cazorla would be as good as an option as Modric. I don't think he's quite as good (though I've always been a fan of Cazorla, fantastic player), but he would be cheaper, and he's already La Liga proven. And I don't think you guys give Granero enough chances, he's also pretty good.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next