Abramovich
Art Morte
Lord Hades
RedOranje
TalkingReckless
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Blackburn Appoint Shebby Singh as their DoF Empty Blackburn Appoint Shebby Singh as their DoF

Post by Guest Tue 19 Jun - 5:16:42

From his Wiki Page:

Former Malaysian Defender, current pundit at ESPN Asia, He has played against the likes of Bayern Munich, Hamburg SV, Aston Villa and Newcastle. He was rated Man of The Match when facing Shrewsbury Town.

Laughing

His latest quote: "Steven Gerrard's best position is RB"

This guy makes Steve Kean look like Sacchi

Won't be surprised if Blackburn are relegated to league 1. What a clownfest

Back to top Go down

Blackburn Appoint Shebby Singh as their DoF Empty Re: Blackburn Appoint Shebby Singh as their DoF

Post by Guest Tue 19 Jun - 5:18:47

28mNorthern Rover‏@Northern_Rover
A quote from Shebby: A club is bad if it does not buy! Buy buy buy even if you paying for rubbish!

27mNorthern Rover‏@Northern_Rover
Shebby Quote Continued: its about horse trading not training, tactics or strategy! - Dear oh dear, this guy will be involved in transfers.

22mBangkokRover‏@BKKRover
@Northern_Rover Told you he was clueless! Had to watch him every weekend for 3 years in Thailand. He is a fool of the highest order
Retweeted by Northern Rover

Shebby Singh‏@shebbysingh
Dunn and Pedersen start! As good as starting with 10!
Retweeted by Northern Rover

Very Happy Very Happy Laughing

Back to top Go down

Blackburn Appoint Shebby Singh as their DoF Empty Re: Blackburn Appoint Shebby Singh as their DoF

Post by TalkingReckless Tue 19 Jun - 5:54:46

I F$#king hate that guy, used to hate watching Espn Asia's Football Focus because of him.

plus he is spuds fan
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue 19 Jun - 6:39:29

Schweini wrote:From his Wiki Page:

Former Malaysian Defender, current pundit at ESPN Asia, He has played against the likes of Bayern Munich, Hamburg SV, Aston Villa and Newcastle. He was rated Man of The Match when facing Shrewsbury Town.

Laughing

You really shouldn't quote something that isn't a quote, it can get you in trouble.

The actual quote (which is, IMO, worse): "I think that Steven Gerrard is a poor passer so he should play at right back..I think thats the best position for him."
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue 19 Jun - 17:58:53

he is among the worst pundits in the world after budgie and palmer, its a sheer pain watching those prematch shows for asian audiences , prime example is that stevie g quote..

venkys :facepalm: :brickwall:
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue 19 Jun - 18:31:06

oh lol
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue 19 Jun - 19:12:39

RedOranje wrote:
Schweini wrote:From his Wiki Page:

Laughing

You really shouldn't quote something that isn't a quote, it can get you in trouble.

The actual quote (which is, IMO, worse): "I think that Steven Gerrard is a poor passer so he should play at right back..I think thats the best position for him."

Wow really, worse then some posters here :facepalm:
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue 19 Jun - 19:17:46

Lord Hades wrote: he is among the worst pundits in the world after budgie and palmer, its a sheer pain watching those prematch shows for asian audiences , prime example is that stevie g quote..

venkys :facepalm: :brickwall:

Budgie is crap, but Palmer is decent i think. He does get some calls right.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue 19 Jun - 19:37:15

those calls are right by fluke man , he is an utter idiot .. some of his quotes are so full of fallacies and utterly biased its not even funny ..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue 19 Jun - 19:43:24

Yeah, maybe. I have not watched him this season at all. I think he has decent tactical knowledge from what i have seen of him. But, yeah, he has his moments.

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue 19 Jun - 19:46:18

i try to avoid it whenever i can too, but whenever i do have to watch ten action these guys never fall short of entertaining me .. i think he has great tactical knowledge either.. i mean all eh does is at half time talk about player positioning in a couple of videos, most posters on GL would be able to do that offence intended..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue 19 Jun - 19:54:37

Lord Hades wrote: i try to avoid it whenever i can too, but whenever i do have to watch ten action these guys never fall short of entertaining me .. i think he has great tactical knowledge either.. i mean all eh does is at half time talk about player positioning in a couple of videos, most posters on GL would be able to do that offence intended..

Yeah, most posters at GL do have decent tactical knowledge. Obviously he is not a Rafa who gives solid insights. I just think there are worse pundits than Palmer, lot worse. Like Budgie for example. That guy is just a clown.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue 19 Jun - 19:58:28

haha true on both accounts.. people here actually know their stuff , most of them do at least..:p

and yeah, who the hell made budgie a pundit anyway, guy thinks he was the best goal keeper of all time or something..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Jun - 20:06:48

Venky's know it's possible to get relegated from Championship, or do they? hmm

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue 19 Jun - 20:08:51

:facepalm: just :facepalm:
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue 19 Jun - 20:34:12

Maybe they want to relegate them down enough so tickets prices are low and cheap Indian fans come and watch Wink
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBadBen Tue 19 Jun - 20:39:00

DoF ?

Director of Football ?

What do they do ?

BigBadBen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue 19 Jun - 21:03:14

BigBadBen wrote:DoF ?

Director of Football ?

What do they do ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Director_of_football
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu 21 Jun - 19:53:48

I remember one of Gerrard's earlier positions (and I mean early) was right back so it won't be totally alien to him. Other than that (using the real quote), he is talking madness upon madness...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu 21 Jun - 20:15:34

Actually this was the same guy who said Benitez is turning Gerrard into an average player when he played him at Right-Midfield position in 2006 and went with Sissoko-Alonso in midfield..He was right on that count though.Usually not as biased as some other Englishmen in the panel when it comes to PL teams.

But this comment is utterly stupid..Dont know where this came from.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu 21 Jun - 20:18:33

Lord Hades wrote: i try to avoid it whenever i can too, but whenever i do have to watch ten action these guys never fall short of entertaining me .. i think he has great tactical knowledge either.. i mean all eh does is at half time talk about player positioning in a couple of videos, most posters on GL would be able to do that offence intended..

You think you have some high standards or something..?

He's had a whole football professional career behind him FFS and i agree with Kiran when it comes to actual football and tactical know-how he is pretty good though he is one biased and deluded idiot which is why i avoid watching that show.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu 21 Jun - 20:22:26

Surag wrote:

You think you have some high standards or something..?

He's had a whole football professional career behind him FFS and i agree with Kiran when it comes to actual football and tactical know-how he is pretty good though he is one biased and deluded idiot which is why i avoid watching that show.

oh please, dont turn this into some moral lecture.. Just because you fancy this biased and ignorant guy , doesnt mean that the ones who differ in that aspect are snobs
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun - 21:22:17

Surag wrote:Actually this was the same guy who said Benitez is turning Gerrard into an average player when he played him at Right-Midfield position in 2006 and went with Sissoko-Alonso in midfield..He was right on that count though.Usually not as biased as some other Englishmen in the panel when it comes to PL teams.

But this comment is utterly stupid..Dont know where this came from.

Laughing

Gerrard scored 23 goals from RM that season, we got 83 points in the league (record at the time), and won the FA Cup.

Really really stupid move that drunken

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu 21 Jun - 21:23:49

Wouldnt you agree that Gerrard's best position is in the centre as opposed to the right ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun - 21:28:09

Surag wrote:Wouldnt you agree that Gerrard's best position is in the centre as opposed to the right ?

Gerrard's best position is Central Attacking Midfielder. Where he played in 2008-09 and was fantastic there.

His most profilic season to date, which bettered his record of 05-06 season where he played RM.

I think Gerrard needs freedom to roam around burst forward, etc..and hence disciplined CM role limits his impact on the game. Now that he is old, he should play there as he's lost some of his burst of pace to play the high energy CAM role though.

Thing is, in 05-06 we were more of a 4-4-2 team with Crouch and Cisse and if we are playing 4-4-2, then Gerrard-Alonso as 2 CMs lack defensive balance, and hence Gerrard was moved outwide and was a success there.

Mind you, don't judge Sissoko on his Juve period, he was an absolute beast for us in 05-06 season when we barely conceded a goal and went on a 10 game winning steak. Sadly, he got an eye injury and was never the same player after that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next