Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal

+35
dostoevsky
Gil
halamadrid2
7amood11
kiranr
teamanarchy
guest7
billy_gr
Zealous
Doc
tonger
FalcaoPunch
Beautiful Football
jibers
Le Samourai
I Live in a Fjord
stunt
nasir6371
Mr Nick09
EarlyPrototype
Adit
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Omniscient
SaintJoe
totaalvoetbal
Arquitecto
paperbackwriter
Lex
Onyx
Lord Hades
billionmillion
Harmonica
jontsu
BigBadBen
Valkyrja
39 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal - Page 3 Empty Re: Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal

Post by Le Samourai Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:14 am

I concur with Jibers :coffee:

And I watch every minute of every game :coffee:

Jibers forgot penalties though :coffee:

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11545
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal - Page 3 Empty Re: Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal

Post by Lord Hades Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:15 am

Le Samourai wrote:I concur with Jibers :coffee:

And I watch every minute of every game :coffee:

Jibers forgot penalties though :coffee:

yeah right :coffee:
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3870
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal - Page 3 Empty Re: Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal

Post by jibers Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:17 am

Lord Hades wrote:
jibers wrote:
Lord Hades wrote:
jibers wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Pathetic from Van der Wiel and Netherlands defensive coaches.

Was a good performace though ....not the best of the tournament by any means, but it was good....he created 1 chance that Nani should have converted....(Torres had a similar game the other day against what I want to say was a better defense than this).

I have to think though, the Netherlands didn't just play bad defense individually, but as a team they played right into Portugal's hands, they basically forced them to be a counter attacking team...they gave them the space they needed openly.

Why not force Veloso and Mierles to actually do something with the ball other than passing to wide open wingers who thrive in counter attacking situations?

Disgraceful defensive display.

This. Ronaldo did well because of the space he was afforded. In teas with tight defences or teams that limit his space, he is pretty...useless

really? too bad that there are hardly any teams who play like that then ..

Not really bar his tap ins he doesnt really do anything. When he doesnt score 99% of the time he doesnt give a WC performance, unlike Iniesta, Messi, Xavi, Pirlo etc

LMFAO, consistency is one of ronaldo's best attributes .. and lol at that tap in bs , obviously you dont bother to watch him or are clearly trolling

He consistently scores tap ins and penalties, but when he doesnt get either he rarle gives a WC performance. He is WC because of his goals, take them away and he is nothing, he isnt a great winger and doesnt offer much in open play with team mates. Take Messi goals and he still drags defences and creates space. or Xavi doesnt need goals for eaxmple and can control a whole mf. GS is all ronaldo has now. He doesnt dazzle. The fact that he scored a goal that Ozils creativity laid up for him and that somehow won him motm even though ozilw as far and wde the best player in that game sums it up. Ronaldo still lives off the hype from his manu days where he could actually dribble and was a flair player. Occassionally getting space and sprinting doesnt make you WC. He is a WC GS for me, nothing else.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10232
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal - Page 3 Empty Re: Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal

Post by Lord Hades Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:22 am

jibers wrote:
Lord Hades wrote:
jibers wrote:
Lord Hades wrote:
jibers wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Pathetic from Van der Wiel and Netherlands defensive coaches.

Was a good performace though ....not the best of the tournament by any means, but it was good....he created 1 chance that Nani should have converted....(Torres had a similar game the other day against what I want to say was a better defense than this).

I have to think though, the Netherlands didn't just play bad defense individually, but as a team they played right into Portugal's hands, they basically forced them to be a counter attacking team...they gave them the space they needed openly.

Why not force Veloso and Mierles to actually do something with the ball other than passing to wide open wingers who thrive in counter attacking situations?

Disgraceful defensive display.

This. Ronaldo did well because of the space he was afforded. In teas with tight defences or teams that limit his space, he is pretty...useless

really? too bad that there are hardly any teams who play like that then ..

Not really bar his tap ins he doesnt really do anything. When he doesnt score 99% of the time he doesnt give a WC performance, unlike Iniesta, Messi, Xavi, Pirlo etc

LMFAO, consistency is one of ronaldo's best attributes .. and lol at that tap in bs , obviously you dont bother to watch him or are clearly trolling

He consistently scores tap ins and penalties, but when he doesnt get either he rarle gives a WC performance. He is WC because of his goals, take them away and he is nothing, he isnt a great winger and doesnt offer much in open play with team mates. Take Messi goals and he still drags defences and creates space. or Xavi doesnt need goals for eaxmple and can control a whole mf. GS is all ronaldo has now. He doesnt dazzle. The fact that he scored a goal that Ozils creativity laid up for him and that somehow won him motm even though ozilw as far and wde the best player in that game sums it up. Ronaldo still lives off the hype from his manu days where he could actually dribble and was a flair player. Occassionally getting space and sprinting doesnt make you WC. He is a WC GS for me, nothing else.

first of all he scores all kinds of goals, go look up his 60 goals this season ..

nobody gives wc performances all the time, messi also was poor in a lot of away matches which might have lost barca their crown..ozil was inconsistent in the first half of the seasons as well .. and every player has certain attributes that make him world class, apart from scoring ronaldo passes , links up a lot too .. and that getting space and sprinting isnt occasional either.. his wc performances are the reason we won la liga btw.. keep sitting on that deluded bandwagon though..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3870
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal - Page 3 Empty Re: Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal

Post by jibers Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:24 am

Lord Hades wrote:
jibers wrote:
Lord Hades wrote:
jibers wrote:
Lord Hades wrote:
jibers wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Pathetic from Van der Wiel and Netherlands defensive coaches.

Was a good performace though ....not the best of the tournament by any means, but it was good....he created 1 chance that Nani should have converted....(Torres had a similar game the other day against what I want to say was a better defense than this).

I have to think though, the Netherlands didn't just play bad defense individually, but as a team they played right into Portugal's hands, they basically forced them to be a counter attacking team...they gave them the space they needed openly.

Why not force Veloso and Mierles to actually do something with the ball other than passing to wide open wingers who thrive in counter attacking situations?

Disgraceful defensive display.

This. Ronaldo did well because of the space he was afforded. In teas with tight defences or teams that limit his space, he is pretty...useless

really? too bad that there are hardly any teams who play like that then ..

Not really bar his tap ins he doesnt really do anything. When he doesnt score 99% of the time he doesnt give a WC performance, unlike Iniesta, Messi, Xavi, Pirlo etc

LMFAO, consistency is one of ronaldo's best attributes .. and lol at that tap in bs , obviously you dont bother to watch him or are clearly trolling

He consistently scores tap ins and penalties, but when he doesnt get either he rarle gives a WC performance. He is WC because of his goals, take them away and he is nothing, he isnt a great winger and doesnt offer much in open play with team mates. Take Messi goals and he still drags defences and creates space. or Xavi doesnt need goals for eaxmple and can control a whole mf. GS is all ronaldo has now. He doesnt dazzle. The fact that he scored a goal that Ozils creativity laid up for him and that somehow won him motm even though ozilw as far and wde the best player in that game sums it up. Ronaldo still lives off the hype from his manu days where he could actually dribble and was a flair player. Occassionally getting space and sprinting doesnt make you WC. He is a WC GS for me, nothing else.

first of all he scores all kinds of goals, go look up his 60 goals this season ..

nobody gives wc performances all the time, messi also was poor in a lot of away matches which might have lost barca their crown..ozil was inconsistent in the first half of the seasons as well .. and every player has certain attributes that make him world class, apart from scoring ronaldo passes , links up a lot too .. and that getting space and sprinting isnt occasional either.. his wc performances are the reason we won la liga btw.. keep sitting on that deluded bandwagon though..

So that goal in a game of anonymity against Barcelona makes him WC then, he did nothing else in that game, and thats the game that won la liga, so you are saying that bar goals he is useless?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10232
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal - Page 3 Empty Re: Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal

Post by Lord Hades Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:26 am

jibers wrote:
Lord Hades wrote:
jibers wrote:
Lord Hades wrote:
jibers wrote:
Lord Hades wrote:
jibers wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Pathetic from Van der Wiel and Netherlands defensive coaches.

Was a good performace though ....not the best of the tournament by any means, but it was good....he created 1 chance that Nani should have converted....(Torres had a similar game the other day against what I want to say was a better defense than this).

I have to think though, the Netherlands didn't just play bad defense individually, but as a team they played right into Portugal's hands, they basically forced them to be a counter attacking team...they gave them the space they needed openly.

Why not force Veloso and Mierles to actually do something with the ball other than passing to wide open wingers who thrive in counter attacking situations?

Disgraceful defensive display.

This. Ronaldo did well because of the space he was afforded. In teas with tight defences or teams that limit his space, he is pretty...useless

really? too bad that there are hardly any teams who play like that then ..

Not really bar his tap ins he doesnt really do anything. When he doesnt score 99% of the time he doesnt give a WC performance, unlike Iniesta, Messi, Xavi, Pirlo etc

LMFAO, consistency is one of ronaldo's best attributes .. and lol at that tap in bs , obviously you dont bother to watch him or are clearly trolling

He consistently scores tap ins and penalties, but when he doesnt get either he rarle gives a WC performance. He is WC because of his goals, take them away and he is nothing, he isnt a great winger and doesnt offer much in open play with team mates. Take Messi goals and he still drags defences and creates space. or Xavi doesnt need goals for eaxmple and can control a whole mf. GS is all ronaldo has now. He doesnt dazzle. The fact that he scored a goal that Ozils creativity laid up for him and that somehow won him motm even though ozilw as far and wde the best player in that game sums it up. Ronaldo still lives off the hype from his manu days where he could actually dribble and was a flair player. Occassionally getting space and sprinting doesnt make you WC. He is a WC GS for me, nothing else.

first of all he scores all kinds of goals, go look up his 60 goals this season ..

nobody gives wc performances all the time, messi also was poor in a lot of away matches which might have lost barca their crown..ozil was inconsistent in the first half of the seasons as well .. and every player has certain attributes that make him world class, apart from scoring ronaldo passes , links up a lot too .. and that getting space and sprinting isnt occasional either.. his wc performances are the reason we won la liga btw.. keep sitting on that deluded bandwagon though..

So that goal in a game of anonymity against Barcelona makes him WC then, he did nothing else in that game, and thats the game that won la liga, so you are saying that bar goals he is useless?

actually he was pretty decent apart from the goal too, whenever we got the ball he ran at the defenders passed etc well , in these matches your contributions are decided by one moment specially when youre playing against the best possession side in the world

and that wasnt the only performance which won us la liga, he has been decisive throughout
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3870
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal - Page 3 Empty Re: Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal

Post by jibers Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:38 am

Lord Hades wrote:
jibers wrote:
Lord Hades wrote:
jibers wrote:
Lord Hades wrote:
jibers wrote:
Lord Hades wrote:
jibers wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Pathetic from Van der Wiel and Netherlands defensive coaches.

Was a good performace though ....not the best of the tournament by any means, but it was good....he created 1 chance that Nani should have converted....(Torres had a similar game the other day against what I want to say was a better defense than this).

I have to think though, the Netherlands didn't just play bad defense individually, but as a team they played right into Portugal's hands, they basically forced them to be a counter attacking team...they gave them the space they needed openly.

Why not force Veloso and Mierles to actually do something with the ball other than passing to wide open wingers who thrive in counter attacking situations?

Disgraceful defensive display.

This. Ronaldo did well because of the space he was afforded. In teas with tight defences or teams that limit his space, he is pretty...useless

really? too bad that there are hardly any teams who play like that then ..

Not really bar his tap ins he doesnt really do anything. When he doesnt score 99% of the time he doesnt give a WC performance, unlike Iniesta, Messi, Xavi, Pirlo etc

LMFAO, consistency is one of ronaldo's best attributes .. and lol at that tap in bs , obviously you dont bother to watch him or are clearly trolling

He consistently scores tap ins and penalties, but when he doesnt get either he rarle gives a WC performance. He is WC because of his goals, take them away and he is nothing, he isnt a great winger and doesnt offer much in open play with team mates. Take Messi goals and he still drags defences and creates space. or Xavi doesnt need goals for eaxmple and can control a whole mf. GS is all ronaldo has now. He doesnt dazzle. The fact that he scored a goal that Ozils creativity laid up for him and that somehow won him motm even though ozilw as far and wde the best player in that game sums it up. Ronaldo still lives off the hype from his manu days where he could actually dribble and was a flair player. Occassionally getting space and sprinting doesnt make you WC. He is a WC GS for me, nothing else.

first of all he scores all kinds of goals, go look up his 60 goals this season ..

nobody gives wc performances all the time, messi also was poor in a lot of away matches which might have lost barca their crown..ozil was inconsistent in the first half of the seasons as well .. and every player has certain attributes that make him world class, apart from scoring ronaldo passes , links up a lot too .. and that getting space and sprinting isnt occasional either.. his wc performances are the reason we won la liga btw.. keep sitting on that deluded bandwagon though..

So that goal in a game of anonymity against Barcelona makes him WC then, he did nothing else in that game, and thats the game that won la liga, so you are saying that bar goals he is useless?

actually he was pretty decent apart from the goal too, whenever we got the ball he ran at the defenders passed etc well , in these matches your contributions are decided by one moment specially when youre playing against the best possession side in the world

and that wasnt the only performance which won us la liga, he has been decisive throughout

Yea like the Barca 3-1 loss where he was clearly the worst player on the pitch and was crap for a few games after. Rolling Eyes
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10232
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal - Page 3 Empty Re: Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal

Post by Lord Hades Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:39 am

jibers wrote:
Lord Hades wrote:
jibers wrote:
Lord Hades wrote:
jibers wrote:
Lord Hades wrote:
jibers wrote:
Lord Hades wrote:
jibers wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Pathetic from Van der Wiel and Netherlands defensive coaches.

Was a good performace though ....not the best of the tournament by any means, but it was good....he created 1 chance that Nani should have converted....(Torres had a similar game the other day against what I want to say was a better defense than this).

I have to think though, the Netherlands didn't just play bad defense individually, but as a team they played right into Portugal's hands, they basically forced them to be a counter attacking team...they gave them the space they needed openly.

Why not force Veloso and Mierles to actually do something with the ball other than passing to wide open wingers who thrive in counter attacking situations?

Disgraceful defensive display.

This. Ronaldo did well because of the space he was afforded. In teas with tight defences or teams that limit his space, he is pretty...useless

really? too bad that there are hardly any teams who play like that then ..

Not really bar his tap ins he doesnt really do anything. When he doesnt score 99% of the time he doesnt give a WC performance, unlike Iniesta, Messi, Xavi, Pirlo etc

LMFAO, consistency is one of ronaldo's best attributes .. and lol at that tap in bs , obviously you dont bother to watch him or are clearly trolling

He consistently scores tap ins and penalties, but when he doesnt get either he rarle gives a WC performance. He is WC because of his goals, take them away and he is nothing, he isnt a great winger and doesnt offer much in open play with team mates. Take Messi goals and he still drags defences and creates space. or Xavi doesnt need goals for eaxmple and can control a whole mf. GS is all ronaldo has now. He doesnt dazzle. The fact that he scored a goal that Ozils creativity laid up for him and that somehow won him motm even though ozilw as far and wde the best player in that game sums it up. Ronaldo still lives off the hype from his manu days where he could actually dribble and was a flair player. Occassionally getting space and sprinting doesnt make you WC. He is a WC GS for me, nothing else.

first of all he scores all kinds of goals, go look up his 60 goals this season ..

nobody gives wc performances all the time, messi also was poor in a lot of away matches which might have lost barca their crown..ozil was inconsistent in the first half of the seasons as well .. and every player has certain attributes that make him world class, apart from scoring ronaldo passes , links up a lot too .. and that getting space and sprinting isnt occasional either.. his wc performances are the reason we won la liga btw.. keep sitting on that deluded bandwagon though..

So that goal in a game of anonymity against Barcelona makes him WC then, he did nothing else in that game, and thats the game that won la liga, so you are saying that bar goals he is useless?

actually he was pretty decent apart from the goal too, whenever we got the ball he ran at the defenders passed etc well , in these matches your contributions are decided by one moment specially when youre playing against the best possession side in the world

and that wasnt the only performance which won us la liga, he has been decisive throughout

Yea like the Barca 3-1 loss where he was clearly the worst player on the pitch and was crap for a few games after. Rolling Eyes

yes he was bad that game, was deservedly booed . but he wasnt crap for a few games after.. he bounced back with a hattrick straight away actually against sevilla .. also scored against granada and ponferridina , though he was not at his best,
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3870
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal - Page 3 Empty Re: Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal

Post by tonger Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:56 am

overreaction at its finest Very Happy

it was a good performance, but it doesnt not make him "a great player for portugal"

on the other hand, despite of dutch horrid defense, cr7 is not getting enough credit here in this thread.
tonger
tonger
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 704
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal - Page 3 Empty Re: Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal

Post by Doc Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:42 am

tonger wrote:overreaction at its finest Very Happy

it was a good performance, but it doesnt not make him "a great player for portugal"

on the other hand, despite of dutch horrid defense, cr7 is not getting enough credit here in this thread.

He honestly isn't getting much credit but I'm sure he would give himself enough credit to make up for any non credit given. Not calling him conceited but he seems he never is short of self confidence.

Anyway, the man had a good performance. Yes, the Dutch were very generous in their defending but Portugal still had to win and win they did. But I wouldn't have made a Ronaldo thread but more a Portugal appreciation thread. Quite a few of us here wrote them off, hell, some even said Denmark would have finished higher and they showed that they can compete on the highest level.

And for that, I salute them. Hopefully they could beat the Czech's...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 15826
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal - Page 3 Empty Re: Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal

Post by Le Samourai Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:06 am

Suprised no one mentioned it , but, he was very close to his father...so perhaps it's fitting that he gives a good but more importantly , crucial performance on father's day.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 11545
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal - Page 3 Empty Re: Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal

Post by Zealous Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:13 am

Yesterday was his son's birthday as well.

CR emulating MJ :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal - Page 3 Empty Re: Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal

Post by billy_gr Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:31 am

CR was decent and all but it has to e mentioned that this is one of the worst defence we've seen since a long time...
For me Van Bomel's absence was evident no matter if he wasn't at his best in the previous games
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3453
Join date : 2011-06-29
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal - Page 3 Empty Re: Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:43 am

Messi scores a hat trick against an olympic defense in a friendly and "omg lol@ ronaldo thinking he can win Ballon D'or"
People going to any length to defend his performance against a shit Brazilian defense,but when Ronaldo does it when it MATTERS and when Portugal were expected to lose.... "Nah it was just a shit defense" Laughing :bow:
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal - Page 3 Empty Re: Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal

Post by guest7 Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:46 am

If it was so easy to score against this defence then why didn't Postiga, Nani or anyone else in the Portugese NT score?

And the tap in excuse is lulz, he didn't score any tap ins today... in the 2nd one he even tricked VdW.

But of course, "you don't perform for you'r NT unless you score against Brazil's u-23 defence (and 2 of them only played 5 official games this whole season Laughing )"

CRISTIANO RONALDO IS THE BEST WINGER OF ALL TIME. DEAL WITH IT.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 8275
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal - Page 3 Empty Re: Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal

Post by teamanarchy Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:51 am

^^
Farenc Puskas will punch you in the mouth
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 999
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 31

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal - Page 3 Empty Re: Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal

Post by kiranr Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:37 am

Se7en wrote:If it was so easy to score against this defence then why didn't Postiga, Nani or anyone else in the Portugese NT score?

And the tap in excuse is lulz, he didn't score any tap ins today... in the 2nd one he even tricked VdW.

But of course, "you don't perform for you'r NT unless you score against Brazil's u-23 defence (and 2 of them only played 5 official games this whole season Laughing )"

CRISTIANO RONALDO IS THE BEST WINGER OF ALL TIME. DEAL WITH IT.

Good one. I laughed.

On a more serious note, you don't have to say all these things to defend the guy. I mean come on, the best winger? If you had said one of the best, that would have been acceptable.

Don't turn into a CR fanboy now.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3496
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal - Page 3 Empty Re: Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:04 am

EarlyPrototype wrote:Messi scores a hat trick against an olympic defense in a friendly and "omg lol@ ronaldo thinking he can win Ballon D'or"
People going to any length to defend his performance against a shit Brazilian defense,but when Ronaldo does it when it MATTERS and when Portugal were expected to lose.... "Nah it was just a shit defense" Laughing :bow:

Tbf that Holland defense was worse than the Newcastle defence in the Souness era Laughing as bad as the Brazil defence was i dont think it was worse than the Holland defense.

Speaking of which Simpson >>>>>>>>>>>>> Van Der Wiel.

Anyone that buys VDW needs their head examined as he's f*cking shit
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68961
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal - Page 3 Empty Re: Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal

Post by Zealous Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:06 am

What if Ronaldo was the reason Holland's defence looked so bad? hmm
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal - Page 3 Empty Re: Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:08 am

Zealous wrote:What if Ronaldo was the reason Holland's defence looked so bad? hmm

That would actually make sense if they did'nt look worse than Carr-Boumsong-Bramble-Bernard in the other games as well.

Believe me i never thought the Grande Boumble partnership would ever be defeated in awfulness but it seems i have been proved wrong.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68961
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal - Page 3 Empty Re: Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal

Post by 7amood11 Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:09 am

jontsu wrote:
jiopsi wrote:Good performance, Holland defence was like swisscheese though when they needed to win by two goals, it was perfect base Cronaldo to score. That's why I put 40€ to Cronaldo 2 goals or more (12x). So thanks for cool 500€, for once. cheers

It will be completely different situation in knockout stages when teams can defend first, then score.
Kivat rahat tuli bööri Very Happy


Ronaldo is considered one of the best because his ridicilous amount of goals. Performance wise there are many better players out there and players who also participate in the build-up play

What?

Scoring a ridiculous amount of goals IS considered a great performance. And that "doesn't participate in the build-up play" argument is a myth. Ronaldo racked up 12 assists last season, which is no mean feat.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 3112
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal - Page 3 Empty Re: Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:10 am

Mole I know the Holland defense was bad, but so was the Brazilian defense and being slightly worse doesn't mean ones performance should be put down and the other not. Anyway I don't want to bring Messi into this.

Neither of Germany or Denmark caused as many problems as Nani and Ronaldo did yesterday. As bad as they may have been the Portugal wingers exposed them and made them look even more shite.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal - Page 3 Empty Re: Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:16 am

EarlyPrototype wrote:
Neither of Germany or Denmark caused as many problems as Nani and Ronaldo did yesterday. As bad as they may have been the Portugal wingers exposed them and made them look even more shite.

That's probably because Holland played Van Der Vaart in the middle instead of Van Bommel and Huntelaar instead of Affelay.

As well as the fact Germany dont really use wingers ( still wiped the floor with them and could have easily been more) and Denmark parked the bus.

Holland's defence has been f*cking awful in every game, the only reason it looked even worse yesterday was because they had no protection in front of the back 4 because they tried to go all out attack.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68961
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal - Page 3 Empty Re: Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:57 am

billionmillion wrote:he didnt even participate in build up play of his goals. if you think these 2 goals changed ballon dor voters mind you are wrong. Unless he does something unique he will never win Ballon Dor even he scores 10 obvious goals like this......

did you even watch the game, watch the build up to the second goal
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 24020
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal - Page 3 Empty Re: Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal

Post by Gil Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:51 pm

Have to laugh at the fact that the same people who are discrediting Ronaldo's performance were the same ones jerking themselves silly over Messi raping Brazil's U-21 side :facepalm:

It was definitely more than a "good" performance. Despite being more of an athlete than a footballer these days and the Dutch giving him the freedom of the park he took full advantage of it. Today was one of his best all round performances since he lost his dribbling ability all those years back.

van Marjwk though. :facepalm:

I mean playing VDV in CM ffs. Jesus ****** Christ :facepalm:

Sneijder should have been dropped ages ago along with flop of the tournament RVP & Willems.

Huntelaar
Robben VDV Narsingh
Strootman NDJ/MVB
PVA Vlaar Bruma VDW
Vorm

Much more balanced & team oriented side without gloryhunting pricks like Sneijder in there.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 9447
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal - Page 3 Empty Re: Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal

Post by dostoevsky Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:54 pm

You can only beat who is in front of you and Ronaldo did the job that he was required to and I'm happy for him, because his performances thus far warranted Ronaldo extracting something from this tournament. One match doesn't define his tendency to perform for his country, however he deserves credit where it's due. He doesn't need to perform as if he's going to win the Ballon D'Or every time he steps out onto the pitch to deserve praise and he doesn't deserve the Ballon D'Or for every goal he scores.

Portugal have a fantastic opportunity to reach the semifinals now and from there international tournaments can go anywhere and Ronaldo will have been a large part of this if it occurs. He doesn't require comparison to others for validation of his efforts.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 7557
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal - Page 3 Empty Re: Ronaldo doesn't perform for Portugal

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum