zizzle
Mr Nick09
Onyx
Ganso
gnrfan
39 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What has become of the mighty milan? - Page 2 Empty Re: What has become of the mighty milan?

Post by spanky Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:01 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:
leemhuis wrote:We need an Arab or Russian (or maybe Chinese) billionaire to buy us. Europeans won't spend on big clubs anymore. Or, the league have to adopt the Spanish TV money split and give most of the money to two teams. AC Milan and another team, don't care which one.

why? i thought Berlusconi was a billionaire and he could inject money in the club at anytime?

football is a sport and sport is a business for some people, berlusconi is one of those people. he is a billionaire and can inject money into his club at any point, but with the current financial situation in europe and the possible upcoming crisis in italy i dont think it would be smart investing in milan for now.

spanky
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

What has become of the mighty milan? - Page 2 Empty Re: What has become of the mighty milan?

Post by Milan31 Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:34 am

I don't want to believe the things I am reading but it is the truth. Selling Silva is only the beginning of Milan's decline. TS leaves, Ibra leaves and none of that money will be used for any transfers. We were 2-3 players away from a CL winning team but that doesn't look like it's happening anytime soon.
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:57 am

Milan will be fine.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:29 am

i see we have multiple fadi imposters running around now....all this doom and gloom when they aren't even sure of anything as yet...galliani says milan will have 5 CBs next season if thiago leaves we have 3 so that means we would have 40-50m to spend on 2-3 new players and im 100% sure their will be some option to buy purchases coming aswell.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:35 am

I'd just like to get this out of my system. I'll calm down shortly. I just need to rant though.

Spoiler:

No matter what happens, we'll be back. We'll get through this. We'll eventually get it and learn. We'll make the Champions League next year, we'll get through the group stage, we won't really be THAT bad.

We were meant to be two-three years away from completing a project though. I like how we're going with that one. banana banana banana

I'd like to stress that this isn't official yet and that more sealed deals than this have fallen through. Either way, we'll get through, it's what big clubs do. We either move ahead with Silva or we move ahead without him. That's football. Though if we're selling Silva, I say we sell Ibra too. No half measures, just give him to PSG, we're obviously intent on building up their club.

If I have to see my club struggle, I want to see those on the pitch really care and really hurt for this shirt. No point keeping Big Nose around for the hard times.

Also Fadi's post is going to be epic. Unbelievably awesome. I actually can't wait. I might actually print it off and frame it. We should sticky his rant when it comes.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:47 am

Oh wow, I thought this was the Milan system when I posted.

For the attention of the General Section, our management is responsibly building our team and you should all fear us.

Now if you don't mind, Ima go eat too much ice cream and cry myself to sleep.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by red&blacklegion Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:22 am

yes, what has become of the mighty? Milan has players liike Ibra, Cassano, Boatang ,Pato,and Nocerino ,very mediocre players. Laughing
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:25 am

Aquilani for £3m?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:29 am

red&blacklegion wrote:yes, what has become of the mighty? Milan has players liike Ibra, Cassano, Boatang ,Pato,and Nocerino ,very mediocre players. Laughing

word on the street is Ibra will want out now that the club is showing lack of ambition by selling TS. And replacing the best CB in the world wouldnt be that simple
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:54 am

i don't think milan will be stupid enough to sell silva. i hope they do but i doubt it

i see him as the main player holding them together. he's truly world class and without him i think they'll crumble
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:22 am

this is what happens when ur too blinded by success and paying hefty salaries to veterans, and forgetting what might come in future.
i find it difficult to even accept this reality.

though thiago silva sale is probably to bring new talents in positions they wish for, but i am so not hoping the repetition of kaka sale, and nothing was done about it.

and there is absolutely no certainty that milan will get the player they want in market....

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:28 am

Now even Milan fans want bad things to happen to Berlusconi :bow:

Welcome to the rest of the world Milanistas :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:29 am

:coffee: This is what happens when you invest on a Brazilian instead of an Italian , I dont care that others think its a racist Statement , foreigners always can get bought by money
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:40 pm

Boy , where to start from ..

Youth department ?
Lack of investment ?
Amount of risks taken on scrubs ?
Stadium ?
Selling Kaka ?
Letting Leonardo become coach ?
Keeping Ancelloti after 2006 ?
Not offering Maldini a role in the club ?
Paying ridiculous wages ?
Mesbah , da faq ?

Even though i am gratefull to the management of Milan for all they have done for this club , we are in such situations right now because of their lack of project and riskful planning .

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:23 pm

Dante wrote:Boy , where to start from ..

Youth department ?
Lack of investment ?
Stadium ?
Selling Kaka ?
Mesbah , da faq ?

Even though i am gratefull to the management of Milan for all they have done for this club , we are in such situations right now because of their lack of project and riskful planning .

He did win a CL with us in 07 you know. The rest I agree with. What's the point of having a billionaire president when he's the stingiest bastard on earth?
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:06 pm

Wow, what a delicate situation we are entering.

I wish some rich Chinese owner would buy the club, just cause its more original these days Very Happy
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:26 pm

Milan to buy Gamberini.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:42 pm

Eivindo wrote:Wow, what a delicate situation we are entering.

I wish some rich Chinese owner would buy the club, just cause its more original these days Very Happy

he would turn Meelan into the n1 bag makers in the world, high end too Very Happy
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:50 pm

Tifoso Romanista wrote: :coffee: This is what happens when you invest on a Brazilian instead of an Italian , I dont care that others think its a racist Statement , foreigners always can get bought by money

Cannavaro & Zambrotta left Juventus for Real Madrid & Barcelona respectfully when they got relegated. I'm guessing they left because of love and compassion huh...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:49 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:
Dante wrote:Boy , where to start from ..

Youth department ?
Lack of investment ?
Stadium ?
Selling Kaka ?
Mesbah , da faq ?

He did win a CL with us in 07 you know. The rest I agree with. What's the point of having a billionaire president when he's the stingiest bastard on earth?

lol i should have been specific about it , meant 2006-2007 anyway . After the CL , he should have left Milan ,despite winning it or not.
Nothing else to improve , introduce or better. Only downfall from thereafter , just like it happened.

However , there weren't few those who back in the day didn't even want him during 05-06 anyway..

And people may say whatever they want , but his idiotic decisions in the past were unbelievable .Allegri doesn't even come close.
One of his last brilliant ideas ,after 2008 he was draught of them too , was often leaving Gourcuff on the bench , for Ba and Emerson ... once , after the match when he was asked by the press , why Ba/Emerson , he said ,
" because i like them! " ...

Dat moronic condfidence in his choices along with the popping eyebrow will haunt me forever :coffee:
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:52 pm

Doc wrote:
Tifoso Romanista wrote: :coffee: This is what happens when you invest on a Brazilian instead of an Italian , I dont care that others think its a racist Statement , foreigners always can get bought by money

Cannavaro & Zambrotta left Juventus for Real Madrid & Barcelona respectfully when they got relegated. I'm guessing they left because of love and compassion huh...

Its understandable that a player wouldn't want to play in serie B , or be involved in the team that is punished for the scandal specially if they feel they weren't involved
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:11 pm

zizzle wrote:i wouldnt call 2 CLs "not very succesful". Barca is called the greatest team in history and they have less CL finals than that Milan. Anyway, the reason for the decline is very simple, lack of interest/investement from the owners. just look how Inter went from world beaters to EL in 2 years for he same reason and it wouldnt be much of a surprise

:{Mr.Mustachio! wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:only a good striker will cost you around 30 mill, and then if they want to get average players and pay on instalments or get free agents then lmfao

Well if you look at our key signings at the start of last season Pirlo (free), Vidal (€10.5), Lichtsteiner (€10), Vucinic (€15) then the €40-50 for TS and whatever they get for Ibra the money is surely there to build something solid?

Milan have quality players we don't, TS and Ibra are absolute match winners and while I'm not looking to pick a fight the rest of the side doesn't match up to them. Call me crazy but even in selling one of their best players (let's wait and see what Ibra decides) does not necessarily mean that the only way is down. Spent in the right areas I think as a team overall they could even improve.

Not an expert on the financial situation at the Italian clubs....but does the match fixing thing have anything to do with the trend? So why is it that Milan struggle so bad with owner and others not interested to invest in such a big name? But Juve is able to? And isnt Inter always rich enough cos of Moratti's financial strength?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by quadrotor Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:29 pm

swiss ramble has an excellent blog on Milan's financial situation

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/milan-warning-signs.html

quadrotor
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:33 pm

quadrotor wrote:swiss ramble has an excellent blog on Milan's financial situation

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/milan-warning-signs.html

read that recently . nice reading , worth the time .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:37 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:
zizzle wrote:i wouldnt call 2 CLs "not very succesful". Barca is called the greatest team in history and they have less CL finals than that Milan. Anyway, the reason for the decline is very simple, lack of interest/investement from the owners. just look how Inter went from world beaters to EL in 2 years for he same reason and it wouldnt be much of a surprise

:{Mr.Mustachio! wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:only a good striker will cost you around 30 mill, and then if they want to get average players and pay on instalments or get free agents then lmfao

Well if you look at our key signings at the start of last season Pirlo (free), Vidal (€10.5), Lichtsteiner (€10), Vucinic (€15) then the €40-50 for TS and whatever they get for Ibra the money is surely there to build something solid?

Milan have quality players we don't, TS and Ibra are absolute match winners and while I'm not looking to pick a fight the rest of the side doesn't match up to them. Call me crazy but even in selling one of their best players (let's wait and see what Ibra decides) does not necessarily mean that the only way is down. Spent in the right areas I think as a team overall they could even improve.

Not an expert on the financial situation at the Italian clubs....but does the match fixing thing have anything to do with the trend? So why is it that Milan struggle so bad with owner and others not interested to invest in such a big name? But Juve is able to? And isnt Inter always rich enough cos of Moratti's financial strength?

The match fixing scandals are not the primary reason for this decline but Serie A as a whole lost tons of reputation and potential investments due to this. Juvi's ability to compete comes from the fact that they have the biggest fan base in italy and they now own their own stadium. They also have an owner who is being generous these days and when they dont have any washed up dead wood that cost millions in salaries like Inter and Milan.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:54 pm

If Milan end do end up selling TS and Big Nose that itself should bring in at least 75 maybe 80 M.If Milan invest 2/3 of that wisely they'll be grand me thinks.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next